Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PAPA-World-Pinball-Championship.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 10 years ago

I really enjoyed watching the live stream today. Loved the commentary and the little strategy pointers while watching some great players give a clinic on pinball.

http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball

pappy

#2 10 years ago

Just as I hit the add topic button I see somebody else has beat me to it by a few minutes.

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

I always maintained he's an alien. Congratulations Bowen!
    PAPA live was great.

LOL, it is amazing how he's always in the finals.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

I watched (& still watching) the entire live stream. A super, super, enjoyable show & very well done. Congrats to Bowen Kerins on an extremely solid victory!

I'm really enjoying it too. I have it streaming to my living room big screen. LOVE IT! Watching them play on the Shadow makes me want to get one again. I forgot how great that game is.

#17 10 years ago

$10k and a giant honkin' trophy in the shape of an AFM martian (the trophy's like 3 feet tall including the base).

It's really a cool looking trophy.

PAPA-World-Pinball-Championship.jpgPAPA-World-Pinball-Championship.jpg

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from I8UB4:

Any good pinball event is a good thing for the hobby.

I agree, live streaming these tournaments is a great way to get people interested. I can't believe that on a Saturday night, I was watching it.

#23 10 years ago

I love the current setup they have with the three camera views. One of the DMD, one of the playfield and the last of the game area. Does anybody know how long they have had this camera setup?

pappy

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

I was there since Thursday. They have tons of games set-up and you never have to wait for a game. There are always many to play. Pretty much anything you can think of...Congrats to Bowen on a great final where Medieval Madness was just tough(I played that machine the night before).

Yeah and he did it all on his third ball. Amazing! How much did it cost to play all the games while the tournaments were going?

#35 10 years ago

The two Wizards of Oz(WOZ) were $2, but the proceeds went to charity so it was cool

Did they have replays, matches or ball savers on them?

#39 10 years ago

They were all set-up with the outholes wide open and pretty steep. There were matches, short ball saves on some, and replays for high scores etc...

Cool, thanks.

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Redhop:

Pappy, they recently did a kickstarter to get all of the cameras and screens and the announcer booth. So this camera set up as it is now is very new. Previously they had top down cameras that were hooked up to screens on-site. Now they have a lot more screens, cameras and the ability to do the livestreaming.

Great, Thanks for the info. This could be the start of something big.

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Thanks for all the kind words, it was a lot of fun. Great play all around. If you get the chance, watch KME hang a near-billion on Godzilla, Jason Werdrick hang 300m on Batman, Zach Sharpe hang 100m on Transformers, and two players hang 50m+ on Iron Man in the same game. It's an honor to play with the best, and we'll see who wins the next one...

Thanks I will. Not so sure I want to watch those long ass Transformer games though lol. One of the many things I took away from watching this tournament was seeing and hearing how these games should be played. I learned so many tips.

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I am sad Genesis wasn't picked for the final game instead of BDK

LOL, I'm just glad it wasn't Transformers

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pappyboyington.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-to-bowen-kerins-papa-16-world-champion?tu=pappyboyington and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.