Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PAPA-World-Pinball-Championship.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider itsonlypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#26 10 years ago

I was there since Thursday. They have tons of games set-up and you never have to wait for a game. There are always many to play. Pretty much anything you can think of...Congrats to Bowen on a great final where Medieval Madness was just tough(I played that machine the night before).

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from I8UB4:

Is there vendors there selling parts and mods?

No, you would have to try the many other shows that are put on throughout the year. In my area, Wisconsin, it is the Midwest Gaming Show(MGC) in Brookfield, WI and the Pinball Expo in Chicago.
    They do sell PAPA shirts, water bottles, bags, etc...
    Basically, three classes(A, B, and C Divisions) of competition and just open play for the whole duration of the show...

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yeah and he did it all on his third ball. Amazing! How much did it cost to play all the games while the tournaments were going?

Most of the machines were two tokens so .50 cents per play. A few were .75 cents(mostly LE Sterns) The two Wizards of Oz(WOZ) were $2, but the proceeds went to charity so it was cool.

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I think I heard them say that qualifying costs something like $1.30 a ball.

Depended upon what Division you played in. The C Division was $10(a "card") for 5 games. The B Division was $15(a "card") for 5 games.
    I did not play "A"...I left that to those studs Elwin, Bowens...etc...seriously though, they are absolutely sick players. Sick!!!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Did they have replays, matches or ball savers on them?

They were all set-up with the outholes wide open and pretty steep. There were matches, short ball saves on some, and replays for high scores etc...

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Doh, I thought he was asking how much did the tournament games cost..lol

No problema, by the way, I played the Solar Fire they had. What a sweet game. Had alot of fun. If you can make it to PAPA, compete or not, you will have a blast! Some of my best times were just playing random games you do not see on location.
    Pharoah, Solar Fire, Safecracker, Cactus Canyon, pretty much every Stern(and multiples of), WOZ(2), tons of pins from every era. It is the only venue that I know of that rivals the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas. Actually, they have alot more pins set-up than the PHOF, but PAPA is only open a number of times a year...
    I believe it is something like 400 to 500 pins...

#51 10 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

I was there all week but had to leave Saturday. Did they change the games that the finals are played on? I don't remember seeing Shadow or BDK in any A list qualifying lineup during the week.

Shadow was in the "B" bank, but BDK was not in any Division until the final for "A". PAPA picked some sweet line-ups for all competitions.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider itsonlypinball.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-to-bowen-kerins-papa-16-world-champion?tu=itsonlypinball and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.