Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PAPA-World-Pinball-Championship.jpg

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 10 years ago
    Quoted from hooch333:

I was there all week but had to leave Saturday. Did they change the games that the finals are played on? I don't remember seeing Shadow or BDK in any A list qualifying lineup during the week.

Shadow was in the "B" bank, but BDK was not in any Division until the final for "A". PAPA picked some sweet line-ups for all competitions.

#52 10 years ago

I wish Genesis would have been played more

#53 10 years ago

I would love to email the other winners...but I cannot see the results. Perhaps I'm missing an obvious link?

Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

Shadow was in the "B" bank, but BDK was not in any Division until the final for "A". PAPA picked some sweet line-ups for all competitions.

Fuck that Shadow...Grrrr

#54 10 years ago
    Quoted from Redhop:

Pappy, they recently did a kickstarter to get all of the cameras and screens and the announcer booth. So this camera set up as it is now is very new. Previously they had top down cameras that were hooked up to screens on-site. Now they have a lot more screens, cameras and the ability to do the livestreaming.

Great, Thanks for the info. This could be the start of something big.

#55 10 years ago

Bowen is a great player, and definitely deserves to win. He's probably had more practice on the PAPA machines than anyone else...his video tutorials prove that. I'm sure he knows every trick to how each game plays and all the little nuances to how they are set up. He definitely has a "home court advantage" and it paid off. Congrats Bowen!

#56 10 years ago

Way to go, Bkerins! Love watching him play--his overwhelming skill makes it look so easy!

#57 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Did they have replays, matches or ball savers on them?

Most of the machines at PAPA are set at factory defaults with the exceptions being some of the games used in the tournaments.

And nothing is quite as cool as getting your initials in a PAPA machine and coming back the next event to see if they are still there.

#59 10 years ago

Congratulation BK

#60 10 years ago

Is there any way to see the videos of games that were played? I missed the live stream

#61 10 years ago

Bowen - that was great!

Thanks - you are not only the world champion but also the best entertainer in pinball!

#63 10 years ago

Congrats. I watched some livestream as well and enjoyed it: well set-up and nice commentary too.

#64 10 years ago

Was TZ in any of the live streams?

#65 10 years ago

Almost forgot congratulations Bowen.

#66 10 years ago

Anyone know if the results of B were posted anywhere?

#67 10 years ago

AFAIK that was only Bowens 2nd PAPA victory. Keith is the one with 4 wins in the past 6 years. Cool to see Donavan Stepp make it that far. I was really rooting for Robert Gagno but he bombed out early. I particularly enjoyed watching the games on Godzilla. Great maiden voyage PAPATV!

#68 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

I really enjoyed watching the live stream today. Loved the commentary and the little strategy pointers while watching some great players give a clinic on pinball.
    http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball
    pappy

Hey, no spoilers! I haven't watched it yet!

Thanks for all the kind words, it was a lot of fun. Great play all around. If you get the chance, watch KME hang a near-billion on Godzilla, Jason Werdrick hang 300m on Batman, Zach Sharpe hang 100m on Transformers, and two players hang 50m+ on Iron Man in the same game. It's an honor to play with the best, and we'll see who wins the next one...

For the void!
    - Bowen

#69 10 years ago

PAPA tv was so awesome that I ended up watching the entire A finals at home on Sunday before making the trip back to the PAPA facility for the after party. I've heard there are lots of improvements planning for future streams. They didn't have much time to get everything set for the event this time around.

Way to go, Bowen! Great timing on your comeback.

Brian

#70 10 years ago

Congrats BK!

#71 10 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

Thanks for all the kind words, it was a lot of fun. Great play all around. If you get the chance, watch KME hang a near-billion on Godzilla, Jason Werdrick hang 300m on Batman, Zach Sharpe hang 100m on Transformers, and two players hang 50m+ on Iron Man in the same game. It's an honor to play with the best, and we'll see who wins the next one...

Thanks I will. Not so sure I want to watch those long ass Transformer games though lol. One of the many things I took away from watching this tournament was seeing and hearing how these games should be played. I learned so many tips.

#72 10 years ago

I am sad Genesis wasn't picked for the final game instead of BDK

#73 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I am sad Genesis wasn't picked for the final game instead of BDK

LOL, I'm just glad it wasn't Transformers

#74 10 years ago

Congrats to Bowen! Sorry if this was mentioned already, but why is Bowen not eligible for the PAPA Circuit Final?

edit: He's a 1 of 3 circuit coordinators that are allowed to participate in events but not eligible for the circuit final.

#75 10 years ago

Congrats to Bowen on the victory! My Dad and I could only make it down on Saturday, so I watched the Sunday finals on live stream. The stream was excellent! A big 'thank you' goes out to the whole PAPA staff. The PAPA facility was AMAZING and my Dad and I had a blast. Cant wait to get there again in the future.

#76 10 years ago
    Quoted from MagicMako:

Congrats to Bowen! Sorry if this was mentioned already, but why is Bowen not eligible for the PAPA Circuit Final?
    edit: He's a 1 of 3 circuit coordinators that are allowed to participate in events but not eligible for the circuit final.

I am one of the small group responsible for setting up the Circuit and for providing PAPA's support for the events. This position puts me in a place where I could unfairly tilt the balance in my favor, so the right thing to do is to be ineligible. Building the visibility of PAPA Circuit and Circuit Final is very important to me, and we don't want the outside world to think something unfair is happening.

#77 10 years ago
    Quoted from bkerins:

I am one of the small group responsible for setting up the Circuit and for providing PAPA's support for the events. This position puts me in a place where I could unfairly tilt the balance in my favor, so the right thing to do is to be ineligible. Building the visibility of PAPA Circuit and Circuit Final is very important to me, and we don't want the outside world to think something unfair is happening.

I think it's pretty cool and admirable, but it's a bummer not to see you play. It's a shame that eyebrows would be raised, but with money on the line, it's best to be cautious.

#78 10 years ago

Although I've never suspected a tourney organizer of purposely gaining an unfair advantage, something always feels a tiny bit wrong about competing against a guy in charge of a competition. Kudos to Bowen for going above & beyond the current standard in competitive pinball, to remove all doubt.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-to-bowen-kerins-papa-16-world-champion/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.