Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 78 posts
  • 49 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by yancy
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

PAPA-World-Pinball-Championship.jpg
    There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
    #1 10 years ago

I really enjoyed watching the live stream today. Loved the commentary and the little strategy pointers while watching some great players give a clinic on pinball.

http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball

pappy

#2 10 years ago

Just as I hit the add topic button I see somebody else has beat me to it by a few minutes.

#3 10 years ago

Great play by Bowen. I posted he had we after MM but the commentary at the beginning of BDK made me wonder if they had called it too soon.

#4 10 years ago

Congrats Bowen!

Thanks to PAPA for making the stream available!

#5 10 years ago

Really cool to watch...one day I'll be there....just kidding, if I'm there it would only be to watch.

#6 10 years ago

Bowen is the man!

#7 10 years ago

I always maintained he's an alien. Congratulations Bowen!
    PAPA live was great.

#8 10 years ago

I watched (& still watching) the entire live stream. A super, super, enjoyable show & very well done. Congrats to Bowen Kerins on an extremely solid victory!

#9 10 years ago
    Quoted from Vyzer2:

I always maintained he's an alien. Congratulations Bowen!
    PAPA live was great.

LOL, it is amazing how he's always in the finals.

#10 10 years ago
    Quoted from SPeD66:

I watched (& still watching) the entire live stream. A super, super, enjoyable show & very well done. Congrats to Bowen Kerins on an extremely solid victory!

I'm really enjoying it too. I have it streaming to my living room big screen. LOVE IT! Watching them play on the Shadow makes me want to get one again. I forgot how great that game is.

#11 10 years ago

12 years later, seeing him win it again, it's a great thing to see, and if you're reading bkerins, the largest congrats!

#12 10 years ago

Dang, I was hoping to wait until 2017 to watch the individual videos.

Congrats AJK!

#13 10 years ago

What does he get for winning? A nib pin? Cash?

#14 10 years ago

$10k and a giant honkin' trophy in the shape of an AFM martian (the trophy's like 3 feet tall including the base).

#15 10 years ago

Congats to Bowen. He pulled out a tremendous Ball 3 on MM to win it all.

Very exciting to watch!

Congrats to Keith Elwin, Joshua Henderson & Donavan Stepp for rounding out the top 4!

Marcus

#16 10 years ago

Go Bowen...............Nice!!! Watching it live is amazing!!!

#17 10 years ago

$10k and a giant honkin' trophy in the shape of an AFM martian (the trophy's like 3 feet tall including the base).

It's really a cool looking trophy.

PAPA-World-Pinball-Championship.jpgPAPA-World-Pinball-Championship.jpg

#18 10 years ago
    Quoted from Excalabur:

Wow. Glad to hear its more then a trophy... Congrats to all who entered. Any good pinball event is a good thing for the hobby.

#19 10 years ago

Fantastic coverage. I've been watching since 7am, and it's been a Nerd Superbowl.

Looking forward to the next live event!

#20 10 years ago

Best looking trophy ever!!!

#21 10 years ago
    Quoted from I8UB4:

Any good pinball event is a good thing for the hobby.

I agree, live streaming these tournaments is a great way to get people interested. I can't believe that on a Saturday night, I was watching it.

#22 10 years ago

Congrats to Bowen for the win.

PAPA TV is great, I watched a little of it over the weekend. Just watched KME playing Batman DK and winning on a double bonus. Nice!

The commentator said Pinball was coming to ESPN8 shortly and then to prime time soon.

This is great news for the hobby/sport of pinball.

rd.

#23 10 years ago

I love the current setup they have with the three camera views. One of the DMD, one of the playfield and the last of the game area. Does anybody know how long they have had this camera setup?

pappy

#24 10 years ago

Was watching it, great coverage and some fantastic pinball. Congrats to Bowen.

#25 10 years ago

Congrats to Bowen, great guy to win and very deserving.

I enjoyed the live coverage too. Those three camera angles do work well together. It was always really easy to tell exactly what was happening in the games.

#26 10 years ago

I was there since Thursday. They have tons of games set-up and you never have to wait for a game. There are always many to play. Pretty much anything you can think of...Congrats to Bowen on a great final where Medieval Madness was just tough(I played that machine the night before).

#27 10 years ago

Is there vendors there selling parts and mods?

#28 10 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

Just watched KME playing Batman DK and winning on a double bonus. Nice!

Yeah, I really thought he would pull off the victory, but I guess not.

#29 10 years ago
    Quoted from I8UB4:

Is there vendors there selling parts and mods?

No, you would have to try the many other shows that are put on throughout the year. In my area, Wisconsin, it is the Midwest Gaming Show(MGC) in Brookfield, WI and the Pinball Expo in Chicago.
    They do sell PAPA shirts, water bottles, bags, etc...
    Basically, three classes(A, B, and C Divisions) of competition and just open play for the whole duration of the show...

#30 10 years ago

Great coverage by PAPA. Grats to Bowen who played awesome pinball the whole tournament...

#31 10 years ago
    Quoted from ItsOnlyPinball:

I was there since Thursday. They have tons of games set-up and you never have to wait for a game. There are always many to play. Pretty much anything you can think of...Congrats to Bowen on a great final where Medieval Madness was just tough(I played that machine the night before).

Yeah and he did it all on his third ball. Amazing! How much did it cost to play all the games while the tournaments were going?

#32 10 years ago

Awesome I was hoping Bowen would continue on for the win but I wasnt able to watch the stream. That is a magnificent looking trophy you've got there!

#33 10 years ago

I think I heard them say that qualifying costs something like $1.30 a ball.

#34 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Yeah and he did it all on his third ball. Amazing! How much did it cost to play all the games while the tournaments were going?

Most of the machines were two tokens so .50 cents per play. A few were .75 cents(mostly LE Sterns) The two Wizards of Oz(WOZ) were $2, but the proceeds went to charity so it was cool.

#35 10 years ago

The two Wizards of Oz(WOZ) were $2, but the proceeds went to charity so it was cool

Did they have replays, matches or ball savers on them?

#36 10 years ago

Most of the machines were two tokens so .50 cents per play. A few were .75 cents(mostly LE Sterns) The two Wizards of Oz(WOZ) were $2, but the proceeds went to charity so it was cool.

Doh, I thought he was asking how much did the tournament games cost..lol

#37 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

I think I heard them say that qualifying costs something like $1.30 a ball.

Depended upon what Division you played in. The C Division was $10(a "card") for 5 games. The B Division was $15(a "card") for 5 games.
    I did not play "A"...I left that to those studs Elwin, Bowens...etc...seriously though, they are absolutely sick players. Sick!!!

#38 10 years ago
    Quoted from PappyBoyington:

Did they have replays, matches or ball savers on them?

They were all set-up with the outholes wide open and pretty steep. There were matches, short ball saves on some, and replays for high scores etc...

#39 10 years ago

They were all set-up with the outholes wide open and pretty steep. There were matches, short ball saves on some, and replays for high scores etc...

Cool, thanks.

#40 10 years ago
    Quoted from Gov:

Doh, I thought he was asking how much did the tournament games cost..lol

No problema, by the way, I played the Solar Fire they had. What a sweet game. Had alot of fun. If you can make it to PAPA, compete or not, you will have a blast! Some of my best times were just playing random games you do not see on location.
    Pharoah, Solar Fire, Safecracker, Cactus Canyon, pretty much every Stern(and multiples of), WOZ(2), tons of pins from every era. It is the only venue that I know of that rivals the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas. Actually, they have alot more pins set-up than the PHOF, but PAPA is only open a number of times a year...
    I believe it is something like 400 to 500 pins...

#41 10 years ago

I was there all week but had to leave Saturday. Did they change the games that the finals are played on? I don't remember seeing Shadow or BDK in any A list qualifying lineup during the week.

#42 10 years ago

congrats to bowen! I always enjoy the tutorial's he does .

#43 10 years ago

No problema, by the way, I played the Solar Fire they had. What a sweet game. Had alot of fun. If you can make it to PAPA, compete or not, you will have a blast! Some of my best times were just playing random games you do not see on location.
    Pharoah, Solar Fire, Safecracker, Cactus Canyon, pretty much every Stern(and multiples of), WOZ(2), tons of pins from every era. It is the only venue that I know of that rivals the Pinball Hall of Fame in Vegas. Actually, they have alot more pins set-up than the PHOF, but PAPA is only open a number of times a year...
    I believe it is something like 400 to 500 pins...

I would love to go to PAPA, but the timing of it doesn't bode well with me being a teacher as school is always starting back up then. Maybe I can make it to Pinburgh next year even though there aren't as many games for non-competitors to play during that tournament.

#44 10 years ago

I would love to go to PAPA as well.... maybe next year.

#45 10 years ago

Pappy, they recently did a kickstarter to get all of the cameras and screens and the announcer booth. So this camera set up as it is now is very new. Previously they had top down cameras that were hooked up to screens on-site. Now they have a lot more screens, cameras and the ability to do the livestreaming.

hooch33, they did change out the games, they played a set of games for qualifying and then they trade out for new ones for the finals. They do that in all divisions.

It was great to be able to have this livestream! I even got to play it all day at work, so I didn't miss very much. Customers were a little confused but then delighted to hear that there were Pinball World Championships!

Congrats to Bowen and to all of the other players in the finals. They all did a really great job, under pressure.

#46 10 years ago

Fun to watch it at home after I left the Burgh. No joke there, players are all tough and it was fun to play. See ya next year.

EDIT: No reason watching tourneys can't be the "next big TV thing." My GF watched it and even ran quick to get her weed from downstairs & come up and finish. That's a dedicated new viewer people!

#47 10 years ago

I'm going to watch the archive. Been a busy day for me. http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/b/444134608 for those that missed it

#48 10 years ago

Awesome job Bowen, congrats!!!

#49 10 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballfan69:

I'm going to watch the archive. Been a busy day for me. http://www.twitch.tv/papatvpinball/b/444134608 for those that missed it

Thanks much for the link. Had to sleep all day to work tonight.

Congrats bkerins! So what is that now? 5 time world champion??

#50 10 years ago

The cool thing about watching the live stream of Bowen on MM was seeing what he was doing during the game. He shook his fist at the machine as a castle went down and then at one point they said he turned to Lyman to complain about the code.

Congrats on a great game and PAPA did a great job with the coverage.

There are 78 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-to-bowen-kerins-papa-16-world-champion/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.