Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

giphy (resized).png
20191227_121903 (resized).jpg
RZRAM.png
fans (resized).jpg
R&M Flippers (resized).PNG
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 4 years ago

Of all the R&M threads that have been started, this is the most Jerry of them all.

giphy (resized).pnggiphy (resized).png
#52 4 years ago
Quoted from PinFever:

why sold out.
Easy.
Speculation buyers/would be scalpers

I don't know if there are that many actual scalpers. There is the fear of missing out on a limited run machine, combined with the belief that it's a low risk purchase. You can buy the game and if it turns out it's not for you, you can probably find someone who will buy your game for right around what you paid. I think there are those that don't buy into it to be a scalper, but when someone is willing to pay them double what they have invested it can be hard to resist.

#53 4 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

Let's also throw out there that this is the first licensed pinball theme yet to hit the height of it's popularity since maybe the 90s.

It’s not just the right theme, it’s also the right audience. They have the money to buy a pin and they live online through buzz and community which is the perfect ground for a small pinball company that doesn’t have the reach or the distribution network of the bigger players.

#54 4 years ago

Based on Spooky's experience with their previous games, the expected appeal of the Rick and Morty license, and their limited daily capacity, 750 was a good number for them to plan. They didn't know the 750 would sell out that fast. Just like PPS/CGC had no idea 1,000 MMrLEs would sell out so fast when they announced their first WMS remake at Pinball Expo a few years ago. I do respect Spooky for holding to the announced limit of 750 and not increasing it due to demand.

#55 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I do respect Spooky for holding to the announced limit of 750 and not increasing it due to demand.

I don't know, would it be the worst if they just added 250 when the 4th hour and sellout where looming?
Not a big low number collector myself so does a diff'rence of 750-1000 a big deal?

#56 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I don't know, would it be the worst if they just added 250 when the 4th hour and sellout where looming?
Not a big low number collector myself so does a diff'rence of 750-1000 a big deal?

For their business plan it would. They have to have a team of people working on their next machine(s) already. Another 3-6 month delay in bringing that to market is likely the issue.

Spooky is doing the right thing for Spooky.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 399.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Bent Mods

$ 300.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 65.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 13,500.00
$ 75.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Pinball Mod Co.

Machine - For Sale
La Porte, IN
$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 60.00
Lighting - Interactive
Pinhead mods

$ 25.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Phoenix, AZ
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Game Room Info Shop

$ 39.50
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Docquest Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 56 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-on-rick-and-morty-but/page/2?hl=littlecammi and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.