(Topic ID: 194649)

Congrats Colin AKA @snailman Pinburgh Champ 2017

By NeilMcRae

6 years ago

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

_G3A0905 (resized).JPG
    colin2 (resized).jpg
    #1 6 years ago

Congrats Snailman you smashed it. Really enjoyed watching you play as you showed how much you where enjoying the moment!!!

colin2 (resized).jpgcolin2 (resized).jpg

_G3A0905 (resized).JPG_G3A0905 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

What a douche. Unbelievable. Seriously, that was some 95% Earned 5% luck right there. Just crazy solid play and didn't melt down when things went to shit a few times. Way more restraint and calmness than I think I've ever seen from Colin. It certainly paid off in spades. Was a great showing, and a great show. Colin's nudge game is AAA.

I question that Hobbit game....for EVERYONE that played it.....what the hell is the point of having a 'deep rules' game like that in a tournament bank if it's so retardedly set up that nobody can even play it for more than two or three flips? Might as well just have rolled some dice and called it, because I'm pretty sure that 30k can literally be made off three or four shots. You could have put two blindfolded D div players on that exact same game and odds are their 3 ball scores would have been either nearly identical or better, just on sheer luck. Nobody got to actually play the game...disappointing for a top-4 tiebreaker IMO. I feel sorry for the other guy, but I also appreciate Colin getting to show his stuff.

Which of you out-of-state goobers that is still qualified for TX SCS wants to fly here now that we took home A *and* D divisions in the same year? I've said it before...I'll say it again. TX is one of the TOUGHEST states, period. This place is like a pinball competition crucible. :-/=Maybe now people will actually start recognizing the level of competition we have down here, despite it being split into 3 major cities!

#3 6 years ago
    Quoted from Frax:

Way more restraint and calmness than I think I've ever seen from Colin

When he missed the multiball standup on Andromeda and hit the post instead and the ball sailed down the right outlane, I was ready for some fireworks!

But credit to Snailman, he kept his cool and his eye on the prize!

Good work Colin!

rd

#4 6 years ago

Congrats, Colin! Well deserved.

#5 6 years ago

completely surreal to watch!

#6 6 years ago
    Quoted from rotordave:

When he missed the multiball standup on Andromeda and hit the post instead and the ball sailed down the right outlane, I was ready for some fireworks!
    But credit to Snailman, he kept his cool and his eye on the prize!
    Good work Colin!
    rd

Yes, if Josh Sharpe's initials are "NOT LIK THS" Colin's might typically be "DIDNTFLIPIT"

#7 6 years ago

That was an impressive win. Congrats Colin!

It seems strange to me competitive pinball isn't discussed more on Pinside. Perhaps I am abnormal but I enjoy watching great players play in competition just as much if not more than playing myself.

#8 6 years ago
    Quoted from oohlou:

That was an impressive win. Congrats Colin!
    It seems strange to me competitive pinball isn't discussed more on Pinside. Perhaps I am abnormal but I enjoy watching great players play in competition just as much if not more than playing myself.

Tilt forums is where you want to be for this type of discussion.

#9 6 years ago

Congratulations Colin!

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congrats-colin-aka-snailman-pinburgh-champ-2017 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.