(Topic ID: 197450)

Congo (WPC95) Ball eject needs adjustment or something??

By Platypus

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 13 posts
  • 6 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by Syco54645
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_2080 (resized).JPG
IMG_2076 (resized).JPG
IMG_2079 (resized).JPG
IMG_2077 (resized).JPG
DSC06517 (resized).JPG
DSC06516 (resized).JPG
DSC06519 (resized).JPG
#1 6 years ago

The ball eject on my Congo slams the ball out so hard that it has distorted the metal on the apron. The ball bounces around upon eject that it has damaged the leveling vial and other parts around the shooter lane. The metal chute looks to have no adjustment options and I checked that I have the right coil. This is my first WPC game, is this normal or is there something I can do about it? This has to be hard on the balls.

DSC06519 (resized).JPGDSC06519 (resized).JPG

DSC06516 (resized).JPGDSC06516 (resized).JPG

DSC06517 (resized).JPGDSC06517 (resized).JPG

#2 6 years ago

Wow, that's not good. Never seen anything like it. Not only is it mangling the apron, it's surely marking up the balls which isn't good for the balls or the playfield

I'd carefully inspect the mech for any defects or other issues. If you don't see anything I'd consider putting a weaker coil in there, or adjusting the "aim" of the mech by perhaps putting some washers under it so the path of the ball is lower when going into the shooter lane.

#3 6 years ago

take some pics of the trough under the play field. Something is out of whack there.

You can get a whole new updated assembly for $125: http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-16809-M

#4 6 years ago

maybe the wrong coil?

#5 6 years ago

Already checked coil eh? hmmm

#6 6 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

The metal chute looks to have no adjustment options

You could bend the top of it down a little to deflect the ball down and away from the apron.

Also, the whole coil/plunger assembly is fastened to the end of the ball trough with four screws. You can loosen them and lower the coil assembly a little and see if that helps.

LTG : )

#7 6 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

You could bend the top of it down a little to deflect the ball down and away from the apron.
Also, the whole coil/plunger assembly is fastened to the end of the ball trough with four screws. You can loosen them and lower the coil assembly a little and see if that helps.
LTG : )

It appears to be welded on two sides, bending does not seem an option (I'll look again) There is a yellow rubber bumper at the top of that part that is worn but I can turn it to put the good side out. But it does not seem substantial enough.

I was thinking of maybe adding a curved piece.

#8 6 years ago

More photos. the first looking down the chute, badly beat metal in three places. notice the deflector on the right this drives the ball down to another badly worn spot on the apron where the ball rests..

The coil assembly is mounted in some sloted holes but it is already bottomed out.

side view the top right and left of chute are all one piece of bent metal, no bending here.

IMG_2077 (resized).JPGIMG_2077 (resized).JPG

IMG_2079 (resized).JPGIMG_2079 (resized).JPG

IMG_2076 (resized).JPGIMG_2076 (resized).JPG

IMG_2080 (resized).JPGIMG_2080 (resized).JPG

#9 6 years ago

So I may have figured it out. It may have the wrong coil mounting bracket one that is too short, thus the coil is not mounted in alignment with the chute causing it to hit the top of the chute and go into crazy rick-a-shay pattern. You can see the ball tracks in the last photo above. I think the ball should hit the yellow rubber dead square and drop down more gently.

The part should be 01-8-508-T (the schematic has the wrong name but right #) I notice that the kickers use a 01-8-508-S. Do the S & T suffix stand for short and tall? can someone confirm this?

#10 6 years ago

Pictures look the same as mine.

#11 6 years ago

is yours all beat up?

#12 6 years ago

Mike at Pinball Life told me that 01-8-508-T varies from 01-8-508-S. as one having threaded holes and the other slotted. I think my piece is still wrong Some operator hacked a lot of stuff. I have three different flipper bats, one Williams one Data East and one generic. The hierglific targets are all three different too. it is possible that someone hacked the coil mounting bracket.

#13 6 years ago

Sorry just saw this, i mean of the ball trough. Nothing looks out to me.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-wpc95-ball-eject-needs-adjustment-or-something and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.