Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 42 posts
  • 26 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by PinFever
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Rather have a Congo or popeye if given to you free and price of game mattered not say both were worth 6k ”

• I will take a Congo Free ty 56 votes
      81%
    • I will take Popeye Free ty 11 votes
      16%
    • I will donate it to charity i like neither 2 votes
      3%

(69 votes)

This poll has been closed.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

pasted_image (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 2 years ago

Ok, So i have an issue with the Top 100 and i know others do.
    Also have an issue on pricing in todays market and so do others .
    Gameplay , Rarity , Supply and demand , Callouts , modes, code , amount of balls in the game including amount in a multiball and how my/your own opinion on the games Title/Topic are all factors in to the pricing method maybe i missed some points .
    This said i would rather have a Popeye Ranked 258 (wtf) at the Cheaper price and lower on the top 100 list than a Congo way high in price and higher up on the ranking at 66 .
    Why you ask . I do not like congo . I do not like the lower playfield and do not like all the kickout holes. Love the ramps and volcano , that is it .
    I do like popeye way mre and feel it even a deeper game by far. Way far .
    One of the most fun Upper playfields i a game as apposed to lower playfield on Congo .
    hell i have even more fun just diverting the ball into the correct animal on the left side boat loading area .
    So wanted to see a poll on Congo Vs Popeye to judge the Thoughts of pinsiders who have played both . With so many more in the hobby and changes in gameplay over the years the ratings may change

#7 2 years ago

Same on Congo middle to Back part of playfield

Quoted from ForceFlow:

It's not even remotely close for me. Between the two, Congo.
    My biggest complaints with Popeye is that the big boat hull takes up a good portion of the playfield, and the ball gets concealed from view quite a bit.

Quoted from isJ:

Congo rules.
    Who cares about the ratings.
    Play/buy what you like.

I do not care about rating i have my own ratings as do you and others opinions as well from countless players but do see Popeye getting crapped on.

Love the shadow Shadow is better than these two for sure .

#20 2 years ago

Congo has to much stopping of play , has to have the most kickout holes on any game .
    Well Even with the Blocked view it flows better and i do not feel you need the view as the light rows shows you the angle of the shot you need . Way more fun on popeye and this is a serious debate .
    Well Seems Cong is going to pull this off even though it is just some good ramp shots and volcano as opposed to the journey of popeye saving the day and the earth . this planet is doomed

And honestly . Which was more to make ? Popeye was a superpin , Congo was not

#21 2 years ago

lmao become the Gorilla

Quoted from swampfire:Correct, you must become the gorilla. I like to slap the flipper buttons like I’m hitting that obelisk in 2001, a Space Odyssey. Gorilla noises also help.

#29 2 years ago

Well i guess even after the Corona Virus and more and more people playing more pinball it has not changed the View of this Crazy hobby in where a Deep Fun as hell Superpin based on Popeye which is more known then the Congo Movie and could not beat out a Game about a Grey Gorilla . Well Who has a Popeye cheap for sale ?

#36 2 years ago

why not. Look at all the stuff in it .
    by today's standards that is a JJp build and would be 10k to us idiots with bottomless wallets just like a STTNG .
    With the New Sterns just look at Led Zep and what you get . Virtually Nothing . So yes Popeye ,Judge Dred/Demolitionman/ all superpins and loaded to the rim with goodies are superpins to me.

Quoted from frenchmarky:

'Popeye' and 'Superpin'. I can't say those two words together without stuttering.

#42 2 years ago

Roller coaster Tycoon, What
    I had one, Nothing in that game . A Doll with some crazy hair

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider PinFever.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-vs-popeye-?tu=PinFever and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.