49%

(289 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

congo mind map.png
amy smoking.jpg
amy drinking.jpg
5792098981_f51f595d83_z.jpg
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.
#251 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Pinballbulbs has a volcano mod that's cool. It's just a red led strip, but if you set it to pulse it looks pretty awesome.

Yep, makes the game look really nice.

#252 9 years ago
Quoted from altan:

Orange is the new black?

Orange and black is the new orange, which was once the new black.

#253 9 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

Pinballbulbs has a volcano mod that's cool. It's just a red led strip, but if you set it to pulse it looks pretty awesome.

I bought it as well...great mod!. I did add and extra red strip though.

#254 9 years ago

Creature is numerically and scientifically better.

Numerically: Creature has more letters than Congo. Eight is clearly larger than 5.

Scientifically: Cr (Chromium) is superior to Co (Cobalt). After all, Google choose Chrome / Chromium.

... Altan

#255 9 years ago

And Beelzeboob is better than Altan for the exact same reasons. Thanks!

#256 9 years ago

Creature is good and Congo is great.

#257 9 years ago

each of those games take a different skill set when playing.
creature you are not cradling balls for multiball, congo you are.

creature requires more precise timing with shots.

even though creature is a dmd game, it plays more like a alphanumeric game..

#258 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

But it is integrated to a movie the blows chunks
Here is a great scene where she builds a super laser from a diamond and "communication" device
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annotation_id=annotation_641852&feature=iv&list=PLAA8478078A79613E&src_vid=vKEqdQhX4lo&v=jfgWw43Fcuw
I'm sorry, but I think Sharknao was a more fun and believable movie.

If you were trying to get me not to watch it you have failed. That clip was great and makes me want to see the movie even more. I may go home and watch it tonight. I have had it for years but never watched.

#259 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

If you were trying to get me not to watch it you have failed. That clip was great and makes me want to see the movie even more. I may go home and watch it tonight. I have had it for years but never watched.

I watched it on BluRay last night in the home theater, while the family was watching the Grammys. I was disappointed that it was 16:9, but it's still a good upgrade from the DVD. Once you get through the first half of the movie (Jo Don Baker's overacting, awkward character-establishing scenes), it's a decent action flick. The SFX are really good for pre-CGI 1995. Laura Linney is hotter than I remember, which means my standards are slipping as I get older. There are a lot of corny jokes, and yes, a cigarillo-smoking gorilla. Still better than the Grammys, I bet.

#260 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Are you serious?

That was so bad it's embarrassing!

#261 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

(Jo Don Baker's overacting,

That's his MO.

Mystery Science Theater wouldn't have been what it was without Joe Don Baker.

#262 9 years ago

This thread went MST3K - Nice.

#263 9 years ago
Quoted from silver_spinner:

each of those games take a different skill set when playing.
creature you are not cradling balls for multiball, congo you are.

Yer not?

It's nice to cradle the ball on the left while taking shots at the multiplier ramp with the right flipper.

Especially cause when you miss with the right you can then take the jackpot shot.

#264 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

This thread went MST3K - Nice.

"MITCHELL!!!"

#265 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

"MITCHELL!!!"

I preferred final justice. Probably my all time favorite.

Quoted from RobT:

Are you serious?
That was so bad it's embarrassing!

I did not say that it was a cinematic masterpiece but that clip was hilariously bad. I really do want to see it now.

#266 9 years ago

The shots on Congo are a lot more satisfying. I can't speak to the rules, however, as i don't know Congo rules very well. CFTBL is a bit too crowded for me but it is unique, that's for sure.

#267 9 years ago

It's a shame they didn't make a Maximum Overdrive pin. That would have been great next to Congo.

EDIT: I forgot that the pins come alive and murder people too!

#268 9 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

It's a shame they didn't make a Maximum Overdrive pin. That would have been great next to Congo.

Better yet: "Trucks". Using original source material....but keeping the ACDC original soundtrack.

"Better come here a minute honeybun...this machine just called me an a$$hole!"

#269 9 years ago

Has there ever been a game match up with this many votes and so close on pinside?

#270 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Has there ever been a game match up with this many votes and so close on pinside?

Two great games=><

#271 9 years ago

Congo hasn't been considered anything other than a 'B' game, except by some who really liked the gameplay, until recently. Maybe you all were right as it has climbed up the respect charts to new heights. Too bad it isn't Planet of the Apes, then there would be a great theme to go along with the gameplay.

#272 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Only the infamous MM vs. TZ matchup which caused Pinside to go offline and MM to erroneously be declared the victor. Even Hitler was upset about that one.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/seems-hitler-didnt-agree-with-the-latest-pollwatch-this

#273 9 years ago
Quoted from Billy16:

Congo hasn't been considered anything other than a 'B' game, except by some who really liked the gameplay, until recently. Maybe you all were right as it has climbed up the respect charts to new heights. Too bad it isn't Planet of the Apes, then there would be a great theme to go along with the gameplay.

Do you mean the real Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston or the Marky Mark remake?

#274 9 years ago

"Damn you all to hell" Multiball!

#275 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Do you mean the real Planet of the Apes with Charlton Heston or the Marky Mark remake?

Have to go with the original.

#276 9 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yer not?
It's nice to cradle the ball on the left while taking shots at the multiplier ramp with the right flipper.
Especially cause when you miss with the right you can then take the jackpot shot.

It also helps to keep one ball cradled on the left while you are building up your Creature multiplier up to 4x. My game came with a reed switch installed so the ball takes much longer to lose momentum in the bowl and return to the right flipper. If you drain the ball while the other is in the bowl you only have so many seconds to shoot the scoop to restart multiball otherwise you gotta do FILM all over again.

#277 9 years ago

The whole point is to not cradle the ball while looking for the creature, but to bury the ball in the left ramp/bowl. Why do you think the bowl is only open during multiball? You can only search in 3 places and you need the right flipper for kiss and left for the slide.

#278 9 years ago
Quoted from Taxman:

Why...the real one, of course! Would'a turned the Congo package into a classic A-game for sure.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 24.00
$ 280.00
Playfield - Other
Avid Creations Wireforms

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9.95
$ 29.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 549.00
Playfield - Other
Juz PINBALL Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Machine - For Sale
Matthews, NC
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 45.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 1,059.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields

$ 45.95
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 278 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 6.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-vs-creature/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.