“Which is best?”

• Bram Stoker's Dracula 51 votes
    51%
  • Congo 45 votes
    45%
  • Tee'd Off (for $1000 less) 4 votes
    4%

(100 votes)

There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 9 years ago

Thoughts comparing these two pins? Which do you like better? From what I read Congo has a deeper set of rules, and some people don't love the art on Bram Stoker's Dracula. Though I think Congo's playfield art is a little busy.

Also, assuming all are in the same condition, would you say that either are worth $1000 more than Gottlieb's Tee'd Off?

#2 9 years ago

Yes worth more for sure also I hate the audio in Congo it is horrible the Amy hurt ape is a deal breaker IMO dracula is awesome though worth tttthhhiiirrrttttttyyyyyy mmmmmiiiiillllliiiooonnnnnnnnnnnn more lol

#3 9 years ago

Not even close for me. Dracula!!!!

#4 9 years ago

Congo is WAY better. BSD is fun, but not even in the same ballpark as congo IMHO.

Tee'd off is fun, but probably not even 1k cheap than congo/bsd fun unless it is super nice condition.

#5 9 years ago

CONGO all day, every day, and twice on Saturday. (Oh, hey, today is Saturday) I've had mine for several months, and it's still the game I play most. Great rules and modes, really addictive, and the sound is actually great for the most part. It might have my favorite music of any pin, ever.

Dracula is a great game, but I just don't love it. I love Congo.

Tee'd off is one I'd avoid, unless it's well under $1k.

#6 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

BSD is fun, but not even in the same ballpark as congo IMHO.

Does that mean you'll stop asking me to sell you mine?

I plan on keeping my BSD until i find a better one. It's the only game i've owned that i consider a keeper. I've rented AFM, TZ & am renting MM & TAF but i've "purchased" BSD.

Edit: I see you own a TOM. I don't know if you can take the nut punching you're going to get if you buy a BSD.

#7 9 years ago

Congo is one of the best!

#8 9 years ago

nah, I can still want games that are not as good as Congo. If limited myself to only my favorites then I would only own 3-5.

#9 9 years ago
Quoted from davewtf:

Edit: I see you own a TOM. I don't know if you can take the nut punching you're going to get if you buy a BSD.

My first pin was x files. Nuff said.

#10 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nah, I can still want games that are not as good as Congo. If limited myself to only my favorites then I would only own 3-5.

have you ever stacked all three multiballs on bsd? if yes, have you ever cashed in a double castle jackpot?

I honestly have no idea if bsd is better than congo as i have not seen the end of Congo. I didn't really care for what i did see, however. I honestly need 100 more plays on it to form a qualified opinion on it.

#11 9 years ago

nope. I have not stacked all 3 multis yet. I need an invite and an afternoon of play to get more time on it!

#12 9 years ago
Quoted from robbiedoo:

Thoughts comparing these two pins?

buy the first one of those two that you find in satisfactory condition and price.

#13 9 years ago

BSD is amazing! Congo is great but doesn't have the same intensity for me. Please don't mention teed off as a alternative, drac will get u while sleeping and Amy will pour a raindrop drink on your head! Ha

#14 9 years ago

I would love to have either!
Blake

#15 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope. I have not stacked all 3 multis yet.

Then you haven't experienced what BSD has to offer.

#16 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Then you haven't experienced what BSD has to offer.

Exactly, when you get it going and get some castle jackpots with the screams etc, I get chills everytime. Never had that experience before from pinball.

#17 9 years ago

Love BSD. I'm on my 3rd one. Kept on upgrading . Music, sounds and call outs are fantastic. Very intense, challenging, and addictive. I have zero complaints about the artwork. I think it's great. Top 5 Williams/Bally IMO.

Haven't owned Congo and haven't played it enough to have an informed opinion on it. It looks cool. I've heard the call outs aren't the best. It's on my wish list.

I imagine you'll be happy with either one. Teed Off is a turd. Pay the extra $1000 for BSD or Congo.

#18 9 years ago
Quoted from Snowyetti:

Yes worth more for sure also I hate the audio in Congo it is horrible the Amy hurt ape is a deal breaker IMO dracula is awesome though worth tttthhhiiirrrttttttyyyyyy mmmmmiiiiillllliiiooonnnnnnnnnnnn more lol

Audio in Congo is generally very good. Amy isn't, but she only talks when you start her mode - not a big deal.

#19 9 years ago

THIIIIIIIRRRRRTTTTYY MILLION!!!!!!!

#20 9 years ago

A moment's courage and it is done.

#21 9 years ago

I love BSD, but it is best played at a friend's house.......the magic wears off quickly

#22 9 years ago

Congo is a more varied game with better shots. BSD is limited in comparison but will kick your ass and it does feel really good when you successfully stack all three multi-ball modes, which is tough to do. I personally prefer Congo, but if I had the space I'd own both.

#23 9 years ago

Congo for me between Congo and BSD and haven't played a Tee'd Odd, Amy's voice does not come up often so not a issue, the art is cool and some great shots and it is fairly fast.

#24 9 years ago

BSD is hard but it is awesome. Great to LED. Congo is also fun and cool looking with LED'S. Congo would make it to my collection if I had space.

#25 9 years ago

Congo would be the choice for beginner to intermediate players as it is much more enjoyable out of the gate.
Your looking for a challenge and quick ball times, BSD is your pin.

#26 9 years ago
Quoted from karmalord:

Congo would be the choice for beginner to intermediate players as it is much more enjoyable out of the gate.
Your looking for a challenge and quick ball times, BSD is your pin.

10x.....yep. BSD is much more challenging.

#27 9 years ago

BSD is in the top 5 pins in terms of the "just one more game" factor. Congo doesn't have that. But Congo has better shots including the great volcano shot.

Somewhat of a close call for me but at this point if I could have either one of them back in my collection I'd probably give the nod to bsd.

Ask me again in a few weeks and I might give a different answer.

#29 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

BSD is in the top 5 pins in terms of the "just one more game" factor. Congo doesn't have that. But Congo has better shots including the great volcano shot.
Somewhat of a close call for me but at this point if I could have either one of them back in my collection I'd probably give the nod to bsd.
Ask me again in a few weeks and I might give a different answer.

Really? I find Congo to have that "just 1 more time" thing more than everything I own except FT.

#30 9 years ago

congo is fun every once in a while. BSD just has that "it" factor that haunts you. I think it has that ultimate "just 1 more time" feel to it.

#31 9 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Really? I find Congo to have that "just 1 more time" thing more than everything I own except FT.

Nope. I like Congo a lot but to me it just doesn't excel in that area.

#32 9 years ago
Quoted from RobT:

Nope. I like Congo a lot but to me it just doesn't excel in that area.

I own a Congo and I agree.

#33 9 years ago

30 million.....

#34 9 years ago

Guess I need to log more time on BSD as I just don't get all the love for that title. Congo is bolted to the floor until I find similar shots like a Tron

#35 9 years ago
Quoted from foureyedcharlie:

I love BSD, but it is best played at a friend's house.......the magic wears off quickly

2 months for me.

#36 9 years ago

I've owned both sure wish I had Congo back

#37 9 years ago

LED'ed BSD is a very pretty machine. It is almost like the game was designed for LED's but the designers were just 15 years ahead of their time.

#38 9 years ago

BSD has been here for around 13 years and will never leave. Congo was here about 13 minutes before I had enough of it and its long gone. If I ever see another one anytime soon it will be too soon for my taste.

John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#39 9 years ago

Congo by a mile; it's a decent game.

#40 9 years ago
Quoted from Doot77:

Exactly, when you get it going and get some castle jackpots with the screams etc, I get chills everytime. Never had that experience before from pinball.

They did a great job with the animation - when the vampire girls burn away when you hit the jackpots is very impressive. The DMD art on the mist-multiball is great as well.

#41 9 years ago

If you want a game where you can have fun and play around and still have long term challenges, Congo is great. Midnight Madness is always fun too.

If you want a game that will always challenge you and require you to play at your peak abilities... BSD fo' shiz.

If you just don't want to spend that much money and still have an interesting game with some great shots... TO is a fun table.

Whatever your choice is, just make sure you want to play the table again and again and again...

#42 9 years ago

I have racked up a few games on BSD @ Modern pinball in NYC. Was not crazy about it. I guess I have to play this in a home to get what all the fuss is about. As for Congo..meh, not something I would own. Whatever game you feel you will like more, you WILL like more. Go with your gut!

#43 9 years ago

I can't say much that hasn't already been said. I like both. I prefer Congo!

#44 9 years ago

Oh, and Tee'd Off was no fun for me either.

#45 9 years ago

I have a BSD being delivered today and I've been playing it on location and enjoyed it very much, I have had a difficult time putting up good scores.

I played Congo for one weekend mostly non stop. It was a very fun table and as others have mentioned the real deciding point would be how much difficulty you want the table to have.

Teed Off is okay, but I imagine that the "FORE" yell would get old quick.

#46 9 years ago

Teed off shouldn't even come into this "vs" match. Doesn't hold a candle to the other two pins.

Congo is amazing imo. It's my favorite pin and I've played quite a few. Great shots. Both long (Volcano shot) and short (MAP saucer/mystery cup). Cool video modes.. yes more than one. Runs so smooth imo with the combo shots etc. Great colors with LEDS. Any the "Amy" voice is only on for about a second, so really, it's not worth mentioning. Awesome multiball start with the explosion of the volcano.

BSD sets the stage really well. Gets your heart going a bit. Not as much to shoot for and not as much going on as Congo. Mist is really cool, but then again so is the Volcano on congo... and Grey gorilla playfield. Fun pin with really cool sound and theme. Again, great with LEDS.

Really surprised with Dayhuff's assessment of Congo. Sold it THAT fast? WOW.

Congo wins it for me. However, I have both in the lineup and either/or are amazing pins to own. Just don't get that Teed Off over one of these others.

#47 9 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

. Congo was here about 13 minutes before I had enough of it and its long gone. If I ever see another one anytime soon it will be too soon for my taste.
John P. DayhuffBattle Creek, Mi.269-979-3836

Really?

I know it's an opinion, but really THAT bad??

#48 9 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Really?
I know it's an opinion, but really THAT bad??

Yeah that was a pretty harsh review. I own and love Congo, but I like to play BSD on location and think it's pretty awesome too. I feel no need to trash it because I like it less. A bug-eyed Ron Jeremy laying on a massage table is a bit unnerving, but it's balanced by the coolness of the mini graveyard in the corner.

#49 9 years ago

Get the Dracula jackpot in coffin multiball. Get the castle jackpot in castle multiball. Stack all three multiballs and get at least a couple 30 million jackpots. I'm not saying it's better than Congo (wouldn't know, haven't played it), but if you've formed an opinion before you've seen the very things that make BSD shine, it's too soon to have that opinion.

#50 9 years ago

Just played BSD for the first time today at pinball Wizard and all I can say is I would love to have this pin but boy is it hard!!! Only played about five games on it but in comparison to the other pins I've played it is by far the hardest and most challenging.
Thanks Blake

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Omaha, NE
Machine - For Sale
Las Vegas, NV
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus

$ 84.99
$ 9.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 5.00
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 119.99
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 1.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley

$ 225.00
Cabinet - (Alt) Translites
FlyLand Designs

$ 329.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 109.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 69.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

3,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Saint-denis-sur-richelieu, QC
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 55 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-vs-bss-dracula and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.