Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 19 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 10 years ago by Ive
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

#1 10 years ago

My most recent purchase and I'm really enjoying it. Great flow, great shots, lots of multiballs, etc. However, are you guys turning up the difficulty in home use? Seems like it's pretty easy to get at least one extra ball or two each game and the "wizard mode" (to the extent it has one) is pretty attainable. Thoughts?

#2 10 years ago

The true wizard mode is the 50 diamond award IMO!

#3 10 years ago

Ya IMO it was easy. But fun and a challenge if you create goals and work to master it.

#4 10 years ago

Real easy but lots of fun. I would own it again if I had more room.

#5 10 years ago

can always make games harder with changes in rules, outlanes, and angles

#6 10 years ago

Yea its not that hard but when kids have friends over they really enjoy playing it

#7 10 years ago

I would also put Congo in the "friendly" category when it comes to gameplay. I don't think about Congo in terms of game progress, difficult gameplay, or wizard modes. Other games offer that. Congo is just so much fun. I chase my high score and diamond counts. It is a great game for guests. That being said the second I think to myself the game is too easy I brick a shot and power drain. Its theme, layout, and charms won me over

#8 10 years ago

I think you are supposed to set up a treadmill in front of it to make it more difficult.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from JesseB:

can always make games harder with changes in rules, outlanes, and angles

True, and I've thought about adjusting the rule difficulty. However, changing the left outlane post to maximum difficulty just makes the super skill shot easier.

#10 10 years ago

I got one recently and like it a lot, but I can definitely see how it would be an easier game. Mine is at that point where a few things needs replacing and I think that's making it artificially harder so I'm almost afraid to change them

#11 10 years ago

Nobody at MRP complained that mine was too easy...

I have never gotten to 100 diamonds yet, and it seems like I am comtinually seeing new things on it. I bought it along with CFTBL and found Creech to be much easier even with the larger SDTM gap.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I bought it along with CFTBL and found Creech to be much easier even with the larger SDTM gap.

Congo doesn't have that? I thought all Trudeau games had this larger gap? I've never played Congo.

#13 10 years ago

There was one in my watering hole for a while. We got sick of long games so we took off the post rubbers. Made it a little more difficult but as long as you don't get a bad shot Congo seems to go on for ever.
Lightning flippers could be alot of fun, has anyone tried them?

#14 10 years ago

Congo is just a fun game for everyone with a great playfield design. The rules are different than other B/W 90's games and it feels refreshing to play because of it. The rules are fairly simple, and not overly complex like many others. Just because it is easy to play, does not mean the game is easy to see everything. Some of the modes are fairly difficult to get to, and require long games. A few that come to mind are skill fire, video mode levels 2 & 3 and 100 diamond MB. The Volcano ramp is also a tough shot that never gets old.

#15 10 years ago

It's my nephews favorite pinball they say its the easiest one and more fun .

#16 10 years ago

Congo is one of those games where you get to a point where you see how many times you can do the wizard mode, instead of if you can get there. I had one for a little bit, and it was fun playing strategy; like starting your first diamond hunt multiball and right after doing it, getting the start multiball award from the lower playfield that you had setup to by pass all the locks you would have now needed for the second one. Seeing how many points you can during the skill shot rapid fire mode. Maybe shooting for all satellites and trying to max that out. For diamonds, my best was 283 diamonds, but I did it without a working switch for the mine door video mode, so I never got that mode during the game. I didn't know it was broken at the time. Man, I would have easily gotten 17 diamonds throughout the game in that video mode for my 3rd Super Diamond Hunt Multiball, that would have been crazy. Even though I could work through the game pretty easily, I miss my old Congo. I would get another one, but I wouldn't pay the prices people are asking for them nowadays.

#17 10 years ago

I have returned to this thread to publicly apologize to my Congo. I called it easy here the other day, and it must have heard me because it just handed me my ass for about an hour. Every shot to the saucers was a bounce out, every ball exited the hippo pops SDTM, there was a magnet in the right outlane. It has never treated me so poorly. Please forgive me Congo! You are good enough, you're smart enough, and doggone it, you're hard enough to occasionally kick my talentless butt.

#18 10 years ago

Hitting the Volcano ramp is easy, but I haven't had too much time with Congo.

#19 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

Come on. Its not the most difficult thing in all pinball, but its not really easy. The shot is steep, narrow, and far away. Those are things that make for a more difficult shot.

#20 10 years ago
Quoted from kwiKimart:

It's always been pretty tough on the Congo's I've played...

#21 10 years ago
Quoted from markmon:

Come on. Its not the most difficult thing in all pinball, but its not really easy. The shot is steep, narrow, and far away. Those are things that make for a more difficult shot.

Agree totally.I had Congo for a few months and I could never nail that shot when I needed to.

Now the left hand ramp ...that is pretty easy

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-too-easy and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.