Congo-VUK4.jpg
Congo-RT3.jpg
Congo-LT5.jpg
Congo-Proset.JPG
holeprotect.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 10 years ago

I know to date Cliffy has not made one I guess for the reasoning of very few units around and it maybe quite hard to obtain a playfield for his purposes of creating one. Still I know that I would like to have a protector made to protect my game as I'm sure others might as well, so I just tossing this out there and not committing 100% to this but, would there be any interest here within the forums of folks who wish to get one for their machines as well?

I have a machinist who runs a farily large machine shop here within the city coming over to my house Sunday with his tablet to draw this out in his CAD program to produce one for me. Now if it can be done and if he is willing to do it, and being that he will already have the template created and might be willing to cut down X amount of them, would anyone else be interested?

I know what the next question so to answer it now I wouldn't know the price as of yet, I'm sure it wouldn't be ridiculous but these are things I just don't know yet the cost of material, time etc..

So just looking to get a feel if there is an interest and if so about how many.

I will post pictures of my hole before and after the first one is made.

For the record I'm not looking into muscle my way into Cliffy's area, I love all he has done for pinball and still will continue to buy my protectors from him, just looking to obtain what he hasn't made for Congo probably because for the stated reasons and nobody want to lose a playfield for X amount of time anyway to send him one.

Mike

#2 10 years ago

Yup, I like this idea, and just saved this thread to favorites...
Sure would be great if you came up with something that works. I am trying to protect the mystery hole with mylar...

#3 10 years ago

DareDevyl,

I added you to my contact list of those with interest. As soon as we hammer something out I'll send you guys the results at which point you can say ya or nay. I'll keep you posted.

Mike

#4 10 years ago

I would like one.

Contact Cliff and he will work with you likely. If you make the template and send off to him he can likely make a produciton model and then you would test fit. Once given the go ahead, he would likely mass produce.

I had planned on doing this when it comes time to strip down my Congo, just other projects in the way currently...

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I would like one.
Contact Cliff and he will work with you likely. If you make the template and send off to him he can likely make a produciton model and then you would test fit. Once given the go ahead, he would likely mass produce.
I had planned on doing this when it comes time to strip down my Congo, just other projects in the way currently...

Added you as well.

I guess we can try that after he cad draws out the scoop hole, I'll have to put the two of them in touch with each other. This is well beyond my means and they'll need to see if they both use similar type programs and if there is a common file type they can share and read.

Okay I'll keep you posted.

#6 10 years ago

I'm game for one

Bob C

#7 10 years ago

Okay Bob C, have you added to the list as well.

#8 10 years ago

Add me in as well please.

#9 10 years ago
Quoted from shlockdoc:

Add me in as well please.

Gotcha!

#10 10 years ago

Count me in!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#11 10 years ago

Only if you send her over to lean in and point out the hole location,

added you as well.

#12 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Only if you send her over to lean in and point out the hole location,
added you as well.

Pretty sure, when she leans in, i can find the location with my eyes closed

#13 10 years ago

Add me to the list!

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from sleethering:

Add me to the list!

Done!

#15 10 years ago

Yup, i'm in too.

#17 10 years ago

So we talking both scoops (mystery and map)?

#18 10 years ago

I was just discussing that with him this morning, I'd like to see what entails getting both done but it is the mystery scoop for sure at this moment.

If it can be done as a set package at a reasonable cost, then hell yeah we'll do both.

#19 10 years ago

Ill take one too please.

#20 10 years ago

gotcha rawbars

#21 10 years ago

add me in too please!

#22 10 years ago

Gotcha Jeffmd72

#23 10 years ago

Cliffy mentioned a while back that he knows there is a demand for one. Has anyone contacted him about it lately

#24 10 years ago

I want both scoops please

#25 10 years ago

As far as I know as of right now, Cliffy had never produced any Congo protectors to date as of yet becasue of limitations of space at his location and he didn't want the whole machine, and I don't think anyone shipped him a just the playfield for doing so.

Whysnow: I'm actually going to try and see if we can get this done as a package set. If its just a few bucks more for the map hole to get done and stamped out at the same time, it would only make perfect sense to do both.

However I can make no promises until he is here this weekend and measuring things out.

#26 10 years ago

But they will be easier to put on then the DH protectors. Man I don't wanna take that thing apart again

#27 10 years ago

Never did a DH so I don't know. I was thinking the two post along each side of the Mystery Hole and the Map Hole might be a little more difficult. Maybe the two post behind it if possible or the one post to the extreme left and one behind, don't know I'll defer that idea to him as he measures.

#28 10 years ago

Hmmm...I guess they are kind of under the plastic ramp aren't they.

#29 10 years ago

I'm definitely in!

image.jpgimage.jpg

#30 10 years ago

You really go all out to play congo huh! Wonder what it would be like in your gameroom if you owned a Playboy? LOL

#31 10 years ago

This is my Playboy

image.jpgimage.jpg

#32 10 years ago

I'm late to the game, but I'd like a Congo hole protector.

#33 10 years ago

Never too late lost8ball, added you as well.

#34 10 years ago

Nilroc - that's a nice congo.

1 week later
#35 10 years ago

The measurments has been taken and a CAD drawing has been formed. That's the good news and now the bad news. The cost to create a stamping die is very expensive to do, and the amount of protectors wanted doesn't even come close to covering the die costs. So I will try to contact Cliffy to see if he would be willing to run with the protector created from the CAD templates. Below is a photo of the CAD template, and a rough hand cut protector for test fitting. When we know the template is exact I'll contact Cliffy. Just wanted to give you guys and update where we are standing.

holeprotect.jpgholeprotect.jpg

#36 10 years ago

Count me in!!!!

#37 10 years ago

Very nice, DH. For the record the only reason I haven't made one is because I had no access to a playfield or game all this time. However, I've got one coming now from my friend Chris who offered it up at the pin-a-go-go show this past weekend.

#38 10 years ago
Quoted from pinlawyer:

Count me in!!!!

Me too!

#39 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

Very nice, DH. For the record the only reason I haven't made one is because I had no access to a playfield or game all this time. However, I've got one coming now from my friend Chris who offered it up at the pin-a-go-go show this past weekend.

DOH!!!

#40 10 years ago

Awesome news and glad Cliffy is on the job!

Sounds liek the prework deathhimself did could be a nice start to help Cliffy along?

#41 10 years ago

Cliffy,

That's great news as so many folks here will be forever greatful, this file was created with MasterCam if that helps you in anyway. We were going to test fit it tomorrow and if it's balls on and if it helps you in anyway, will be more then glad to help you and the community. Please keep in mind this wasn't stamped but hand cut, so it's not exact as it is in the program. Then I can buy your precise stamped version

Mike

#42 10 years ago

well who ever ends up making it, count me in too!

#43 10 years ago

I'm in for both holes.

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

I'm in for both holes.

Sounds Kinky!

#45 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Phetishboy said:

I'm in for both holes.

Sounds Kinky!

My mind went right to the gutter too I'm happy to collaborate with DH. Whatever it takes to get *quality* protection for this great game in the hands of the fans is what we'll do.

#46 10 years ago

I'll definitely take 1

#47 10 years ago

count me in!!!

both holes please!

#48 10 years ago

I'd be in for a set as well

#49 10 years ago
Quoted from Cliffy:

My mind went right to the gutter too I'm happy to collaborate with DH. Whatever it takes to get *quality* protection for this great game in the hands of the fans is what we'll do.

Thanks Cliffy. I will definitely take a set of the Congo protectors as well. Really glad to see this one get done.

Gord

#50 10 years ago

I'm in for a set.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 72 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-scoop-hole-protector and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.