• No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

congo.jpg
mad_congo.jpg
#1 10 years ago

I'm looking at (or looking for) and Congo. What's the normal range on a good player's game?

The one I'm looking at in particular just got moved from Columbus to Chicago, so I would have to drive out there to bring it back.
The gorilla on the lower playfield won't move; apparently the squared-off shaft that moves him is broken. The playfield and cab should both be decent (but not CQ.) DMD is apparently new.

Any advice would be appreciated. (Or for that matter, if you have a Congo in Columbus, let me know!)

#2 10 years ago

Very Nice $2500+
Player average condition $1800-2000

#3 10 years ago

I'd offer $2200 based on your description. I think Marco sells the gorilla shaft.

EDIT - offer 2200, but my guess at value is 2400. Hard to say without seeing the playfield.

#4 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

apparently the squared-off shaft that moves him is broken. The playfield and cab should both be decent (but not CQ.)

Clay covers this in one of his Pinball Ninja videos. If you buy this Congo, pony up the $20 and subscribe to the Ninja.

#5 10 years ago

get out the welder GO ninja GO! repair #763

#6 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Very Nice $2500+
Player average condition $1800-2000

Yep, pretty much agree with this.

Congo is still one of the best bang for the buck pins you can buy.

#7 10 years ago

Congo is one of the best pins you can buy on the market today. It is only the game from our collection that will not leave.

#8 10 years ago

I knot that congo. But for the Gorilla, it is in nice shape. You should ask folks going from Columbus to EXPO

#9 10 years ago

Congo starting to up $$

mad_congo.jpgmad_congo.jpg

#10 10 years ago

I have a pretty nice one in 48066 for 2650.

#11 10 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

The gorilla on the lower playfield won't move; apparently the squared-off shaft that moves him is broken. The playfield and cab should both be decent (but not CQ.) DMD is apparently new.

Sorry I wouldn't trade mine, but it's just making you want one more, eh?

#12 10 years ago

When did it become okay to post bare-assed women on Pinside?

#13 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Probably around the same time it became ok to put it on espn the mag:

http://www.policymic.com/articles/53695/the-32-best-photos-ever-from-espn-s-the-body-issue

That congo pic is in tons of congo threads as well. It's not new on here.

#14 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

Probably around the same time it became ok to put it on espn the mag:
http://www.policymic.com/articles/53695/the-32-best-photos-ever-from-espn-s-the-body-issue
That congo pic is in tons of congo threads as well. It's not new on here.

Yeah, I actually have a problem with that pic showing up in almost every Congo thread. I'm not a prude; I dislike it for the same reason I don't like the alternate translite - they're just out of place and not that great. My humble 2 cents.

BTW, naked Gary Player = cannot be unseen.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

BTW, naked Gary Player = cannot be unseen.

That Gary Player pic sneaks up on you. Everything seems to be going ok then it isn't. Like a wet fart.

#16 10 years ago
Quoted from sammiesguys:

That Gary Player pic sneaks up on you. Everything seems to be going ok then it isn't. Like a wet fart.

And that Oksana Masters pic has given me a weird new fetish.

#17 10 years ago

If you can find a nice Congo for under $3000, you have better grab it. I dont see Congos price dropping anytime soon.

#18 10 years ago

Mike, thanks for the info! Good to have a third-party opinion on the condition, since I won't be able to see it in person.

Brian, I totally get why it's a keeper for you! I figured the worst you could say is 'no.'

#19 10 years ago

I keep hearing people quote lower prices on Congo. I looked for quite a while before finding one for 2500 about 10 months ago. It has a few small issues but I would call it a very nice players game that was 100% working when I got it.

The gorilla is very finxable. Make sure wireforms are good and scoops are not too beat. 2500 seems fair for what you describe.

Really fun game and is a keeper for me (may even get the full resto and clearcoat traetment at some point?

#20 10 years ago

I am picking one up this week for $3200. It is cleared and is almost in primo condition. I have never seen one this good, for me it is worth it. It does have a few extras. With only a few over 2K made, 25% probably in the dumpster... do the math. It is no longer just a 2K machine.

#21 10 years ago

I paid $2500 for mine and it is pretty much perfect. This game is super hard to find without cabinet fade.

#22 10 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

This game is super hard to find without cabinet fade.

What he said!

TILTed post. Sign in to be able to view TILTed posts.
#25 10 years ago

Nice looking machine

#26 10 years ago

congos under 2k arent around anymore. they are 2500 to 3k+ all day long unless blown out.

#27 10 years ago

Pinball Center sells the shaft for the gorilla and other parts that attach to it.

#28 10 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Well since most back glasses have some sort of half naked woman on them (pinball always was geared toward the male player) this is the norm for pinball. I personally don't see any problem with it, there is nothing better then a beautiful woman, and a good pinball machine. But of course that is my opinion, and you see far worse if you go to a beach around here (there you see 300lbs. women trying to wear thongs or extremely challenged swim suites).

#29 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

its all about the machine, Really!

congo.jpg 82 KB

Freddy had my favorite pinball pic so far! *cheer* first one is common, Freddy's is fresh and new!

#30 10 years ago
Quoted from Hammerhead1550:

300lbs. women trying to tear thongs.

^That's how I read this initially.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-pricing and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.