• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dbaum88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#3 8 years ago

With the way prices have been on lots of other b/c titles 2-3k and lots congos selling a few months ago for 3 -3500 for examples like you described ,all the way up to 4500-5 for very nice condition moded examples id say 3k wld be a good price this day in age .

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sorry but no. I'm not saying you haven't ever seen a Congo listed for $5K, a couple maybe even sold for that, but that's not the norm.
Congo is not a $5K game, it's not a $4K game.

Sorry not saying it is either but i have seen many sell for 4-5k . Normal imo is between 3-4 like I said tho.

#26 8 years ago

Ive been contemplating letting mine go and been offered 4500 + by many people but I know ill never find another especially in this condition......heck it took over 6 months to find this one. Its pretty dang nice with awesome playfield and cab and has new plastics, ramps, , window, legs, glass, chromed hardware, all cliffys, leds, 3d lane guides, shapeways protection, mantis scoop, dmd, speaker and everything is completely redone and very clean. Its hard to find these wpc pins in awesome condition which why im having a hard time letting my congo , tz and bsd go even know I need room to get new pins ...ugh.

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I've been offered a million+ by many people.

I have a few people that buy most of my pins (one in particular) when im done with them and ready to sell so I know what ive been offered .(sold 5 pins this way) . They know they are getting a pin thats been completely gone threw and wont have to worry about much if anything for a long while which is why they buy from me . Plus they know when I describe the condition and see pictures that there are no surprises once they arrive since they need shipped. I have standing offers on congo, tz and bsd when im ready to let them go which is awesome to know when the time comes . If you treat others as you wanna be treated good things happen .

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yours sounds really nice. You have a lot of nice games so tough choice. One of the things I like about Congo is that it's such a different type of game and just fun to play. My kids really like it, too. On mine, I replaced the big ramp, legs, all plastics, plastic protectors, some of the playfield decals, all rubber, and got it 100% led so it looks pretty good. No way I would take $3000 or such for mine with all I have in it.

Indeed it is and lots of nice upgrades / new parts on it. The chrome really looks nice on her also.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Mine needs a complete makeover in its current condition and I still would not let it go for 3k. Can't wait to start the makeover.
image_(resized).jpeg

Whats it need?

#37 8 years ago

Thanks ive been told that quite alot in this and my gun hobby.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

These are the things I need to do:
Complete shop job
New legs
New glass
Bondo a few areas on back box
New coindoor
LEDs
New shooter rod and spring
I am also thinking about doing a custom decal job. I have this guy who is a artist and we are creating the art work for it. So, one of a kind.

If you need any plastics let me know I have a extra used set with everything but the one in pop area

1 week later
#68 8 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I have an alternate translite--so no actors, beyond that not much that screams movie theme...especially when nobody has seen the movie! It's a gorilla-jungle-volcano-adventure pinball(and the cabinet is AWESOME). Game is a blast to play--tons of shots and great flow, it should be "ranked" higher if that's what you're gauging prices by...this is a top 20 game EASY.
Besides alt translite, I've got side mirrors, lighted volcano, and a shaker motor for real volcano terror!
PS, rename it King Kong or something and it's top 10.

All this is very true which is why Im so glad I sold my cftbl bc I really didn't wanna part with my sweet Congo bc its to hard to find a nice one for a decent price anymore.. Ive put so much money into it and its a beautiful pin with awesome art and features. If you all are looking for a nice upgrade you should really look into the 3d lane guides as they are really nice addition .

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.50
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Hey modders!
Your shop name here

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bigd1979.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-price-check?tu=bigd1979 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.