Topic Stats

• 69 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Dbaum88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

One image has been uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

image_(resized).jpeg

There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
#51 3 years ago

Agreed. I'd contemplate 4300 for mine.

I think it's underrated by many. Its so unique in that there really aren't modes like other wpc pins. I believe it's up there with wh20 in terms of pricing. And it's more rare. I think it's a better pin as well. Wh20 was kick ass until I got vacation jackpot. Then it seemed pointless to keep it.

#52 3 years ago

How much for a Congo with a fur cabinet?
I saw one before at a show.
I loved the feel during the flipper action! It was like playing pinball with a gorilla.

#53 3 years ago
Quoted from surfsled:

I loved the feel during the flipper action! It was like playing pinball with a gorilla.

smoke a Jeffrey, and pet the furry wall! I'd say 5g.

#54 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Agreed. I'd contemplate 4300 for mine.
I think it's underrated by many. Its so unique in that there really aren't modes like other wpc pins. I believe it's up there with wh20 in terms of pricing. And it's more rare. I think it's a better pin as well. Wh20 was kick ass until I got vacation jackpot. Then it seemed pointless to keep it.

why do you guys keep undervaluing?

I wont sell my congo for 6k. Still one of the best games ever from that era!

#55 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

why do you guys keep undervaluing?
I wont sell my congo for 6k. Still one of the best games ever from that era!

I don't think I have it undervalued. I just know what I see them go for, at that's usually around 4k. Some lower, some higher.

Bigd says he's seen them 4500-5000, but I haven't. And I think beezleboob stated he sold his for 5k? Who knows.

Congo is my longest running pin, and I usually only own pins for a few months before I sell. It's also my only dmd title, as I'm a system 11 junkie.

(anyone selling a mousin around?)

#56 3 years ago

oh, I was just joking about undervaluing.

I have seen a few nice ones sell for 4500-5000.

I really wont sell mine ever, no matter the price.

#57 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

(anyone selling a mousin around?)

Are you looking for a Mousin Around?

Not that I have one; it's just that I'm a bit unclear on whether you're looking since it seems like you've had 37,489,012,378 posts mentioning that you want one.

#58 3 years ago
Quoted from Collin:

Are you looking for a Mousin Around?
Not that I have one; it's just that I'm a bit unclear on whether you're looking since it seems like you've had 37,489,012,378 posts mentioning that you want one.

Why yes.

Wtb: mousin around!!

#59 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Why yes.
Wtb: mousin around!!

have have 2 of them now.

neither are for sale.

I bought the first because I like it. I bought the second just to ensure you would have 1 less available and keep that ISO thread going

#60 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

have have 2 of them now.
neither are for sale.
I bought the first because I like it. I bought the second just to ensure you would have 1 less available and keep that ISO thread going

Excellent!!

Hahahah

#61 3 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

oh, I was just joking about undervaluing.
I have seen a few nice ones sell for 4500-5000.
I really wont sell mine ever, no matter the price.

I can understand a restored one or maybe even a huo. Thing is that it will always be hampered by the terrible movie theme. Also at 4500 there are just too many other higher ranked titles. That and there are other b titles that are just as desireble. BSD for example is low 3k. It too suffers from theme in some respects. The gameplay is great and it is just as difficult to find.

#62 3 years ago

meh. to me it is not even a movie theme. It is more just a super fun game to play with great code, some fun shots, cool features, and happens to be about collecting diamonds and crazy apes

#63 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

And I think beezleboob stated he sold his for 5k?

Yep. Just dropped it off last weekend.

A beautiful game, and a great game. But once you've seen it all and the volcano gets old, there's no real reason to keep it. I still miss playing catch with Amy the most, though. I know...that part annoys most of you, but for me, it was one of the best parts of the game.

#64 3 years ago

What I love about pins is beating your old high score and not so much beating a final mode etx.

Congo isn't modes based so to me there really isn't a final goal.. Except beating a score.

#65 3 years ago
Quoted from dung:

terrible movie theme

I have an alternate translite--so no actors, beyond that not much that screams movie theme...especially when nobody has seen the movie! It's a gorilla-jungle-volcano-adventure pinball(and the cabinet is AWESOME). Game is a blast to play--tons of shots and great flow, it should be "ranked" higher if that's what you're gauging prices by...this is a top 20 game EASY.

Besides alt translite, I've got side mirrors, lighted volcano, and a shaker motor for real volcano terror!

PS, rename it King Kong or something and it's top 10.

#66 3 years ago

Hands down top 20.

#67 3 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Hands down top 20.

it is solid top 10 for me.

#68 3 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

I have an alternate translite--so no actors, beyond that not much that screams movie theme...especially when nobody has seen the movie! It's a gorilla-jungle-volcano-adventure pinball(and the cabinet is AWESOME). Game is a blast to play--tons of shots and great flow, it should be "ranked" higher if that's what you're gauging prices by...this is a top 20 game EASY.
Besides alt translite, I've got side mirrors, lighted volcano, and a shaker motor for real volcano terror!
PS, rename it King Kong or something and it's top 10.

All this is very true which is why Im so glad I sold my cftbl bc I really didn't wanna part with my sweet Congo bc its to hard to find a nice one for a decent price anymore.. Ive put so much money into it and its a beautiful pin with awesome art and features. If you all are looking for a nice upgrade you should really look into the 3d lane guides as they are really nice addition .

4 months later
#69 3 years ago

I just picked up a Congo, sight unseen, from a local seller/friend who is very fair with me (and with everyone). I paid whatever he asked, sight unseen, which was $3,700.00. Turns out it is super nice, with a perfect cabinet, gorgeous LEDS, including in volcano, plane, gorilla, hippo, target decals, superbands, etc.

So - $3,700.00 for a very nice, unfaded Congo in Ga.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside