• 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Dbaum88
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

image_(resized).jpeg
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.
#1 8 years ago

Its hard to tell with these. The price keeps going up. Been offered one for 3k. Its got some insert ghosting, hole wear, and small wear here in there. I few chipped plastics. Complete and working. Overall, a typical routed game but not blown out.

I sold a pretty nice one a year or two ago for $2500

Yes/no?

#3 8 years ago

With the way prices have been on lots of other b/c titles 2-3k and lots congos selling a few months ago for 3 -3500 for examples like you described ,all the way up to 4500-5 for very nice condition moded examples id say 3k wld be a good price this day in age .

#4 8 years ago

Congo along with Shadow, White Water, & Indy 500 price wize have graduated from "B" level pricing. It would be a challenge to find a Congo under 3k.

#5 8 years ago
Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

Congo along with Shadow, White Water, & Indy 500 price wize have graduated from "B" level pricing. It would be a challenge to find a Congo under 3k.

Whitewater has been high for a while.

Congo has gone up.

I think both Shadow and indy went up but have come back down.

To the question at hand >> yeah 3k for a players congo is fair and typical. Of all these games Congo is the most rare. (also the most fun IMO)

#6 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Whitewater has been high for a while.
Congo has gone up.
I think both Shadow and indy went up but have come back down.
To the question at hand >> yeah 3k for a players congo is fair and typical. Of all these games Congo is the most rare. (also the most fun IMO)

I am biased since I just snagged a cheap Indy, but that is why I contacted the seller within 20 mins of his posting. Plus Indy 500 and having lived near the track.

Shadow - 3k for a good shadow. I have never seen it go above this except for premium examples.
Indy I know someone who has had offers of 3800 for his. Another sold his for 4k.
Congo 3500 for a decent one. I have seen them go as low as 3200 but they dont last.

Indy seems to come up the least. Shadows are regularly available. Congo is about in the middle for availability.

Also keep in mind C Titles have gone up. My BR hit 2400 fast. DW is 2500 these days for a decent one. Even T2 is selling int he low 2k range. Games are just expensive anymore.

#7 8 years ago

Sorry but no. I'm not saying you haven't ever seen a Congo listed for $5K, a couple maybe even sold for that, but that's not the norm.

Congo is not a $5K game, it's not a $4K game.

Quoted from bigd1979:

,all the way up to 4500-5 for very nice condition moded examples

#8 8 years ago

at least 10K

#9 8 years ago

My friend sold his congo a few months back quickly at 4k and I didn't think it was super nice either. Looked a bit faded.

#10 8 years ago

Congo can be hard to find so sometimes price reflects that. If game works and playfield looks pretty good, I would say $3000 is a decent deal. You can point out the issues and maybe get a few hundred off. Replacement ramps and plastics are available so if busted not a big deal.

#11 8 years ago

I can't be....It's not Christmas yet.

#12 8 years ago

I'd grab it. But I'm biased its by far my favorite machine

#13 8 years ago

Mine is in exceptional condition. I wouldn't let it go for under $4k.

#14 8 years ago

I own Congo so of course it is worth 10k. For that matter I am looking to buy a WMS IJ. I hear those recently dropped to 1200. Amazing how that works...
In all honesty 3k is about right for a Congo with ghosting.

#15 8 years ago

3K for a decent one is a good deal with current 2016 pricing...if it needs all new ramps and a decent amount of work, knock off $500.

#16 8 years ago
Quoted from jalpert:

Sorry but no. I'm not saying you haven't ever seen a Congo listed for $5K, a couple maybe even sold for that, but that's not the norm.
Congo is not a $5K game, it's not a $4K game.

Sorry not saying it is either but i have seen many sell for 4-5k . Normal imo is between 3-4 like I said tho.

#17 8 years ago

Just sold mine for 5k. But it's an awesome one.

#18 8 years ago

I like how adding some stickers and plastic toys can add $1000 to a game

#19 8 years ago

4K if you're selling.
2K if you're buying.
And everyone except for you is an expert.

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

4K if you're selling.
2K if you're buying.

I think that sums it up perfectly.

Thank you for all the input

#21 8 years ago

If AFM is a $7000 game, Congo is certainly a $4000 game.

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from zucot:

4K if you're selling.
2K if you're buying.

this is how it typically works but your "2k if your buying" is a bit low since they have not sold for 2k in many years but they have sold for 4k plus recently.

Adjust that to 4k if you are selling
3k if you are buying.

Reality is good luck finding one to buy as they just dont come up too often. It along with a few other B titles are gems that seem to keep getting harder to locate for sale, regardless of price.

#23 8 years ago

I listed mine at 3K earlier this year when I thought I was going to need extra cash for a new car, playfield is pretty nice, but overall players condition game as cabinet is rough. Did have new plastics, and all ramps are pretty new as well, under two years old. I had people beating my door down to get the game. So I would say you wont have to worry about losing any money on it. Luckily I decided I liked Congo more than the idea of a brand new car, and kept the game. Now that gas prices have come down I'm especially glad I didn't sell mine.

#24 8 years ago

$4500 is the price tag for mine. Gorgeous

#25 8 years ago

I sold mine a while back for $3400. It was shopped and played great but had some wear and is what I would consider a players condition game. It sold in less then 30 minutes. OK condition goes for 3-3.5, good ones 3.5-4. Really nice ones 4 and up. People can say its a $2500 game all they want but that is not were the market is anymore.

#26 8 years ago

Ive been contemplating letting mine go and been offered 4500 + by many people but I know ill never find another especially in this condition......heck it took over 6 months to find this one. Its pretty dang nice with awesome playfield and cab and has new plastics, ramps, , window, legs, glass, chromed hardware, all cliffys, leds, 3d lane guides, shapeways protection, mantis scoop, dmd, speaker and everything is completely redone and very clean. Its hard to find these wpc pins in awesome condition which why im having a hard time letting my congo , tz and bsd go even know I need room to get new pins ...ugh.

#27 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive been contemplating letting mine go and been offered 4500 + by many people but I know ill never find another especially in this condition......heck it took over 6 months to find this one. Its pretty dang nice with awesome playfield and cab and has new plastics, ramps, , window, legs, glass, chromed hardware, all cliffys, leds, 3d lane guides, shapeways protection, mantis scoop, dmd, speaker and everything is completely redone and very clean. Its hard to find these wpc pins in awesome condition which why im having a hard time letting my congo , tz and bsd go even know I need room to get new pins ...ugh.

Yours sounds really nice. You have a lot of nice games so tough choice. One of the things I like about Congo is that it's such a different type of game and just fun to play. My kids really like it, too. On mine, I replaced the big ramp, legs, all plastics, plastic protectors, some of the playfield decals, all rubber, and got it 100% led so it looks pretty good. No way I would take $3000 or such for mine with all I have in it.

#28 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Ive been contemplating letting mine go and been offered 4500 + by many people .

I've been offered a million+ by many people.

#29 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

My friend sold his congo a few months back quickly at 4k and I didn't think it was super nice either. Looked a bit faded.

If I'm the friend you're talking about, that machine was far from a player's pin! cab was a little faded, but playfield was immaculate.

Regardless of what I sold it for I still think 3500 tops and I honestly don't think it's a great game but that's just me

#30 8 years ago
Quoted from mjm697:

If I'm the friend you're talking about, that machine was far from a player's pin! cab was a little faded, but playfield was immaculate.
Regardless of what I sold it for I still think 3500 tops and I honestly don't think it's a great game but that's just me

Oh indeed it was nice. I helped you move it. "super nice" would be like mine!

#31 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

I have a few people that buy most of my pins (one in particular) when im done with them and ready to sell so I know what ive been offered .(sold 5 pins this way) . They know they are getting a pin thats been completely gone threw and wont have to worry about much if anything for a long while which is why they buy from me . Plus they know when I describe the condition and see pictures that there are no surprises once they arrive since they need shipped. I have standing offers on congo, tz and bsd when im ready to let them go which is awesome to know when the time comes . If you treat others as you wanna be treated good things happen .

#32 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yours sounds really nice. You have a lot of nice games so tough choice. One of the things I like about Congo is that it's such a different type of game and just fun to play. My kids really like it, too. On mine, I replaced the big ramp, legs, all plastics, plastic protectors, some of the playfield decals, all rubber, and got it 100% led so it looks pretty good. No way I would take $3000 or such for mine with all I have in it.

Indeed it is and lots of nice upgrades / new parts on it. The chrome really looks nice on her also.

#33 8 years ago

Mine needs a complete makeover in its current condition and I still would not let it go for 3k. Can't wait to start the makeover.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Mine needs a complete makeover in its current condition and I still would not let it go for 3k. Can't wait to start the makeover.
image_(resized).jpeg

Whats it need?

#35 8 years ago

These are the things I need to do:

Complete shop job
New legs
New glass
Bondo a few areas on back box
New coindoor
LEDs
New shooter rod and spring

I am also thinking about doing a custom decal job. I have this guy who is a artist and we are creating the art work for it. So, one of a kind.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have a few people that buy most of my pins (one in particular) when im done with them and ready to sell so I know what ive been offered .(sold 5 pins this way) . They know they are getting a pin thats been completely gone threw and wont have to worry about much if anything for a long while which is why they buy from me . Plus they know when I describe the condition and see pictures that there are no surprises once they arrive since they need shipped. I have standing offers on congo, tz and bsd when im ready to let them go which is awesome to know when the time comes . If you treat others as you wanna be treated good things happen .

You're the man!

#37 8 years ago

Thanks ive been told that quite alot in this and my gun hobby.

#38 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

These are the things I need to do:
Complete shop job
New legs
New glass
Bondo a few areas on back box
New coindoor
LEDs
New shooter rod and spring
I am also thinking about doing a custom decal job. I have this guy who is a artist and we are creating the art work for it. So, one of a kind.

If you need any plastics let me know I have a extra used set with everything but the one in pop area

#39 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

If you need any plastics let me know I have a extra used set with everything but the one in pop area

Thanks. I appreciate it. Trying to decide if Congo shop should be before EATPM...

#40 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

On mine, I replaced the big ramp, legs, all plastics, plastic protectors

Where did you find the plastic protectors? I cant find them anywhere.

#41 8 years ago

i neo passed on a really nice huo only one for 2500, but recently sold a decent players one for 5k.

#42 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Reality is good luck finding one to buy as they just dont come up too often.

Congo was kind of difficult to find to begin with as it was a dog on routes and production numbers were relatively low. Moreover, in the late 1990s - early 00s I remember that Congo, Judge Dredd, Demolition Man, and Popeye were typically bought at auctions for parts due to Williams killing off pinball and parts supplies were running low ... My things have changed .

#43 8 years ago
Quoted from megadeth2600:

.. My things have changed .

Me too......just getting older I guess.

#44 8 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

with the Black and white cab id lean toward the custom decal. hope it comes out just the way you want it.

#45 8 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Right. Typical douche bag comment. The jealousy just oozes out your poars, yet you'll deny it from here to kingdom come. Am I surprised? Not in the least.

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

with the Black and white cab id lean toward the custom decal. hope it comes out just the way you want it.

I hope so too. I'm not a fan of the artwork "color or black and white". Need to change it up a bit..

1 week later
#47 8 years ago

Will be finally joining the club Saturday!

#48 8 years ago

Got mine for about $2500 but it does need work.

#49 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Got mine for about $2500 but it does need work.

Great price!

I love finding deals like that that just need some work to rehab. That's the fun part I think.

#50 8 years ago

I wouldn't let my Congo go for 4K. Non faded color cabinet, perfect Playfield, pretty damn close to collector quality if there is such a thing. Great game, won't ever leave my collection.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 69 posts in this topic. You are on page 1 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-price-check/page/1 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.