UPDATED 11JAN2020 w. troubleshooting.
Just picked up a Congo - was completely functional when tested before purchase. Game was 100% working with no errors until the DMD and sound started cutting in and out intermittently until it went out completely.
The sequence of errors looked like this:
- operated normally then an orange band appeared across the display.
- powered cycled the game (30s not a quick on off)
- game played normally for about a minute longer then orange band appeared again
- when power cycled, A/V board does not have power.
- Lower playfield will play with no issues but display and sound are both dead. Obviously, Menu functions not accessible.
Symptoms and troubleshooting performed:
- LED 501 does not light
- LEDs on CPU and power driver all functioning normally per manual
- all ribbon cables and other AV board connections reseated at both ends.
- AV board fuses F601/602/501/502 all checked for continuity. OK
- all other fuses checked on CPU and power driver board; OK
- J606 voltage checked and is identical to schematic
- Fuses: F601 reads 51.5V vs 62 in schematic. F602 reads -63.6 (vs. -125/113). Both fuses 501 and 502 have zero V.
- J605 to Tx secondary: pins 1/2 51.5V pins 3/4 -64.6V. Pins 5-11 zero volts.
It would seem strange that only part of the Tx secondary is dead??
Any assistance greatly appreciated!