20151208_114740-1.jpg
20151208_114807-1.jpg
congo-sample.jpg
target-sample2.jpg
skillshot-crosshairs.jpg
skillshot.jpg
target-sample.jpg
gorilla-target.jpg

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

#1 8 years ago

ARCHIVED

Archived ad

Pinside keeps a record of old ads in its Market Archive, for historical purposes and as a price reference. This ad has been ended by its seller and is now archived.

Mod - for sale

Congo Metal Guide Mod & Target Decals *sale*

Added: 2015-11-03 23:00:00 UTC • Re-listed: 2 times (December 24th, 2015) • Ended: February 12th, 2016
Condition: New (selling multiple, business)

Price

$ 100

The moment you guys have all been waiting for is finally here. Pinball Customs and myself have been doing a lot of back and forth lately to bring this set to life.

$25 US decal only
$85 US guide mod plastics
$100 *SAVE $10* if you order both
****shipping included****

Metal Guide Mod Plastics
Created by Brock at Pinball Customs this sculpted guides will replace the boring (aka ugly) bare metal guides on Congo. We are at final sizing right now and are comfortable to start taking pre orders.

Decals
Set includes two version of the skillshot targets along with 3 decals for the orange stand ups, 2 decals for the Satellite uplink, 1 decal for the gorilla blue target.

/// HOW TO ORDER ////
If you wish to purchase just the plastic mods or both items (plastics & decals) please send paypal payment to _____@__________________ [email removed]

If you wish to just purchase the decals you can do so by sending a paypal payment as friend / family to ___@____________ [email removed] and add your mailing address along with the set you are purchasing inside the message box.

Sets are scheduled to be released soon and will be shipped on a first come first served basis.

//////DECAL MATERIALS//////
These are not cheap knock offs. They are printed on premium vinyl with a laminate overlay. These are UV resistant, heat resistant, cleanable. All stickers where measured and are accurate. I never received a complaint.

//OTHER STUFF ON SALE//
Don't forget to check our other decals set and mods that are on sale.

Cheers,
Flash & Pinball Customs

Item photos

No images have been added to this ad listing yet.

No photos have been uploaded for this ad.

Contact

Note! This is an archived ad. No longer for sale!

Seller insights

These are flashinstinct's market stats.

All ads

Archived ads

Success

Feedback score

100.0%

Go to flashinstinct's stats page

Listing result

The seller ended this ad and submitted the final sales price into our price database but opted not to disclose the price publicly.

Item location

Orleans, Ontario, CA

#2 8 years ago

congo-sample.jpgcongo-sample.jpg
482446-i.jpg482446-i.jpg

#3 8 years ago

Had a great time making this mod.. 3D Plastics is our latest innovation here at PBCustoms (with help from my buddy Guy here of course) and I'm pretty excited to bring these mods to the market!

Also what you don't see in the Photoshop mockup above is that the diamonds are CLEAR and they LIGHT UP from the GI below! I'll have pics of the actual mod on the game this weekend.

And as always, if ordering the complete set or just the lane guides from me, please send payment via PayPal to [email protected] and put in the notes what you're buying

Thanks!

- Brock

#4 8 years ago

*bump*

I'd love to try some 3D plastics on another game.. any suggestions?

#6 8 years ago

Brock, can you please reply me? Maybe we can add this stuff at my request?

#7 8 years ago

why so brown and not green to match the rest of the game?

I like the idea but not so sure on the execution...

Would like to see more and better photos.

#8 8 years ago

They look really cool, but they don't match the game IMO. I'd buy if it was made with more green in it.

#9 8 years ago

might look good if placed at the lower level guide and the top guide clear to see the lower guide but trimmed with green. much like the two tier sling shots plastics.

#10 8 years ago

I think they look cool, but definitely a little green added in would help a lot, maybe some green moss look even, kudos on the creativity

are the target sticker decals cushioned?

#11 8 years ago

They look perfect for Predator. Not seeing how it fits in with the rest of the art work

#12 8 years ago

My order has been placed!

#13 8 years ago

Yeah great design but I think better in green to fit with the rest of the game. I'd buy those in a hurry.

#14 8 years ago

Thanks all for your feedback. Turns out I actually have to resculpt these from scratch due to a major fit issue in my test set. That being said, I can make a few changes in the art direction. The stones in the pics are a more "rust" colour in person but I had trouble photographing them, even with a real camera (Aurich!). My goal was to make them look more like the ground, with the green plastics above representing the plant life. I'll try to combine the looks in this future rebuild. New pics coming this week. Those who've ordered based on this design, I can refund now but I urge you to wait for the new design. I think you'll like it!

#15 8 years ago

looking forward to version 2.0.

I think they need to blend in with the rest of the game rather than stand out. I really like the 3d idea!

#17 8 years ago

can we get some pictures of the targets on the game?

#18 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

can we get some pictures of the targets on the game?

Since I don't own the game it's tough to get pictures right now but here are some mockup samples.

gorilla-target.jpggorilla-target.jpg
skillshot.jpgskillshot.jpgskillshot-crosshairs.jpgskillshot-crosshairs.jpg
target-sample.jpgtarget-sample.jpg

#19 8 years ago

They look great!! are the holes cut for the rivets, and are they cushioned?

#20 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

They look great!! are the holes cut for the rivets, and are they cushioned?

The holes are pre cut but the part for the rivet will also be available if you wish to put it on. Not sure how well it would hold up but it will be there. These are not cushioned, I want to game to behave the same way as it did before you put the stickers on. With that said the material used to make these stickers are meant for harsh environments, like on construction helmets, or even the hot stickers you see on coffee machines or be careful of this step. These stickers are made to receive a beating. I rubbed a pinball on the same area for 5 minutes straight with lots of pressure to see what would happen and then applied bleach on the area and let it sit for a few minutes and wipe it down. I'm sorry to report that the only thing that happen was me being tired. The sticker looked the same.

This was like take number 7 to give you an idea.

#21 8 years ago

I'm good with that!

#22 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

brocks-plastic-guides.jpg congo-set.jpg sample.jpg

I really like the content of the new 3D plastic lane guides, however, the current color scheme needs some green to match the color of the game theme a little better. Really nice job, just add some green color and I will most definitely purchase a set.

Thanks.

Gord

#23 8 years ago

updated the satellite targets to make it more like a glitchy world map, coordinates on sticker are centered on the DR Congo.
This set is going to print today.

target-sample2.jpgtarget-sample2.jpg

#24 8 years ago
Quoted from flashinstinct:

updated the satellite targets to make it more like a glitchy world map, coordinates on sticker are centered on the DR Congo.
This set is going to print today.
target-sample2.jpg

Very nice update to the TraviCom satellite target decals.

Gord

1 week later
#25 8 years ago

Interested in the plastics to replace the metal guides. $85 seems a little expensive so like to see some pics.

#26 8 years ago

New pics coming very soon!

My prices are generally based on how long it takes me to make the mod.

#27 8 years ago

decals are in from the printer and ready to ship.

2 weeks later
#28 8 years ago

Ok, all! The new design is finally ready! No unscrewing necessary with this version -- simply peal the d-tape on the back and apply to the existing guides!

20151208_114807-1.jpg20151208_114807-1.jpg

20151208_114740-1.jpg20151208_114740-1.jpg

20151208_114825-1.jpg20151208_114825-1.jpg

#29 8 years ago

I should mention, this new design no longer allows for light to shine through the diamonds. The concept is cool, but my testing is telling me these plastics wouldn't survive the tension necessary to hold them in place -- which is why they used metal guides on the top layer in the first place, I'm guessing. That said, if someone creates a metal guide with a hole in it to allow light to show through (similar to the first layer), then the glowing gem effect will still work.

#30 8 years ago

So COOL!

#32 8 years ago

Looks like Flashinstinct is working on the replacement metal guides

#33 8 years ago

very cool and would like to see photos of them installed.

#34 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

very cool and would like to see photos of them installed.

x2. Looks very different from the rest of the plastics in the game.

#36 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

x2. Looks very different from the rest of the plastics in the game.

I pulled the shapes of the leaves from the plastics and made the rocks more red like the PF. I had to paint some depth in there though... I couldn't bring myself to paint the leaves a solid green like in the plastics lol

Just shipped the new ones to my tester, he'll snap some pics for us.

#37 8 years ago

Night and day from the first one. This should match the machine perfectly. Nice job.

#38 8 years ago

And here are some pics of the plastics installed

IMG_20151209_212217.jpgIMG_20151209_212217.jpg

IMG_20151209_213600.jpgIMG_20151209_213600.jpg

IMG_20151209_213515.jpgIMG_20151209_213515.jpg

IMG_20151209_213523.jpgIMG_20151209_213523.jpg

IMG_20151209_213531.jpgIMG_20151209_213531.jpg

IMG_20151209_213552.jpgIMG_20151209_213552.jpg

#39 8 years ago

Looks good!

#40 8 years ago

Looking Pretty sweet

#41 8 years ago

Very very nice!

#42 8 years ago

Thanks! Buy now so you can get it before Christmas!

#43 8 years ago

soon for sure... too many $100 purchases out there at the moment

#44 8 years ago

I really like them. But, can you get them with out the bones? It very distracting looking to me. Seems out of place.

#45 8 years ago

If there's enough interest I'm sure I can put something together

#46 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

If there's enough interest I'm sure I can put something together

We need to talk!

#47 8 years ago

Payment sent via PayPal for both the target decals and the 3D metal guide mod. These look really nice.

Gord

#48 8 years ago

How much if your Canadian paying in Canadian.

#49 8 years ago

payment sent Looks great Brock!

This topic is linked to a classified ad.

The Ad Listing has been ended, so this topic closed automatically.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-metal-guide-mod-target-decals-sale and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.