(Topic ID: 124805)

Congo full restoration/customization - Above and beyond!

By Gov

9 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 172 posts
  • 45 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 7 years ago by Gov
  • Topic is favorited by 37 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

IMG_3661 (resized).JPG
IMG_20170326_231115_443 (resized).jpg
CongoHDR (resized).jpeg
IMG_3478 (resized).JPG
IMG_3474 (resized).JPG
IMG_3471 (resized).JPG
IMG_3473 (resized).JPG
IMG_3472 (resized).JPG
IMG_3470 (resized).JPG
IMG_3465 (resized).JPG
IMG_3464 (resized).JPG
IMG_3462 (resized).JPG
IMG_3463 (resized).JPG
IMG_3460 (resized).JPG
IMG_3461 (resized).JPG
IMG_3459 (resized).JPG
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.
#151 7 years ago

Right now I have purple for the extra volcano spots, but this thread has me wanting to switch back to sunlight. I generally don't like to colorize non-colored areas; but those purple seemed to fit the rest of the artwork. Not sure I'd like it for a GI effect.

#152 7 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Just do them from the underside.

The ones in the pops I mean Eh, I have already taken that ramp off about a dozen times this week, what is one more?

#153 7 years ago

Well, all of my items on my checklist for issues and adjustments are marked off. She is in as good of shape as she will ever be probably..haha. Nothing more to do than put her in the pinball armor and load her up for TPF! Might as well get a few more glamor shots in while I am at it. :p

IMG_3465 (resized).JPGIMG_3465 (resized).JPG

IMG_3470 (resized).JPGIMG_3470 (resized).JPG

IMG_3472 (resized).JPGIMG_3472 (resized).JPG

IMG_3473 (resized).JPGIMG_3473 (resized).JPG

IMG_3471 (resized).JPGIMG_3471 (resized).JPG

IMG_3474 (resized).JPGIMG_3474 (resized).JPG

IMG_3478 (resized).JPGIMG_3478 (resized).JPG

CongoHDR (resized).jpegCongoHDR (resized).jpeg

#154 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

The ones in the pops I mean Eh, I have already taken that ramp off about a dozen times this week, what is one more?

Oh suuuuuure.

#155 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Well, all of my items on my checklist for issues and adjustments are marked off. She is in as good of shape as she will ever be probably..haha. Nothing more to do than put her in the pinball armor and load her up for TPF! Might as well get a few more glamor shots in while I am at it. :p

Don't forget about my mod.

#156 7 years ago

Looks awesome, gov. I used sunlight in my gi and love it. I tried doing a few different things on the lower playfield and settle on yellow frosted bulbs plus two purple bendies pointed at the guerilla. I put some green bulbs under the congo letters but doesn't seem to light them up well.

#157 7 years ago

Success! Thanks to all that stopped by to chat and to the kind words about the pin. Definitely made all of the work worth it. Congo was a trooper all weekend at TPF. Only one minor issue with some loose screws. I forgot to check the audits for plays before we left but I don't think there was a time that I was in the area that the game was not being played.

Huge thanks to my dad for all of the help on the pin. It would not have looked half as good without his help.

So glad to have this project finished up! Now onto Revenge form Mars!

IMG_20170326_231115_443 (resized).jpgIMG_20170326_231115_443 (resized).jpg

#158 7 years ago

Wow! Congrats!

#160 7 years ago

congrats!!!

#161 7 years ago

That is incredible - nice work!!

#162 7 years ago

Well deserved. I saw and played this at the show and it was amazing. Great work!

#163 7 years ago

Thanks so much for bringing this to the show. It was truly amazing.

#164 7 years ago

My pleasure. I am happy so many people enjoyed it. I forgot to see if anybody put up a new GC on it. I actually can't wait to get it back home tonight and play it as I haven't had but 10 or so games on it since I got it back together

#165 7 years ago

Nice! I was at TPF last year and there was some really nice 90s games. Getting the best trophy is saying something. Congrats. Being able to play a nice Congo must of been a treat for a lot of people. Cool of you to bring it.

#166 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice! I was at TPF last year and there was some really nice 90s games. Getting the best trophy is saying something. Congrats. Being able to play a nice Congo must of been a treat for a lot of people. Cool of you to bring it.

Thanks, it was very humbling as there was some incredible games on display. I personally thought there were at least 4-5 90's games that were just as nice or nicer than Congo. Judging is a subjective thing though. I personally thought Marty's Fish Tales was the nicest machine at the show with my brother's Twilight Zone right behind it.

#167 7 years ago

This is a really beautiful restoration (and more)! It would easily have beaten a freshly unboxed Congo too! Did anyone try to buy it from you at TPF?

#168 7 years ago

I agreed with judges. The BOP was extremely nice. The FT were cool if you like the over the restoration. Your Congo was clean and classy and most importantly played really well.

#169 7 years ago

Thanks for the kind words. I had a few people ask how much I wanted for it, I just responded with 'A Lot'

#170 7 years ago

Had the opportunity to play this one at TPF. Great looking setup on it. It was one of my favorites and made my wife start wanting a Congo for our collection.

#171 7 years ago

Do you know if this GC score was ever beaten? My buddy put this up on Friday night. He got on a heck of a roll.

IMG_3661 (resized).JPGIMG_3661 (resized).JPG

#172 7 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

Do you know if this GC score was ever beaten? My buddy put this up on Friday night. He got on a heck of a roll.

yup it is still there and will probably be there for a while

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 172 posts in this topic. You are on page 4 of 4.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-full-restorationcustomization-above-and-beyond/page/4 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.