Topic Stats

• 16 posts
  • 11 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by Taxman
  • Topic is favorited by 1 Pinsider

You

Linked Games

Topic Gallery

There have been 2 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

5o4mnkx.jpg
congo_display.jpg

#1 3 years ago

alrighty congo on location at richfield bowl. its been fine. went to location, game was on, display was out, crack across front of display like a windshield cracks.

replaced display with new display, 2 weeks later, same thing happened to new display.
now 2 displays have had this done to them

anyone every seen this? i suspect its the display driver pcb in the game, butcongo display.jpg nothing looks crazy on it and no fuses blow on it etc.

#2 3 years ago

Or someone punched it...?

Rob

#3 3 years ago
Quoted from Rob_G:

Or someone punched it...?
Rob

Th plastic cover wld be cracked also

#4 3 years ago

Thats very strange never seen that before

#5 3 years ago

Is the sorta flexible plastic display "protector" really prone to cracking more than the hard glass display?

I have honestly never punched one of my games (in the display anyways ) but I would find it really surprising if the plastic cracked moreso than the glass?

Any seasoned ops with some real world experience bump?

#6 3 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Th plastic cover wld be cracked also

The plastic will flex, More then the glass. This could be from a punch, pool stick etc?

#7 3 years ago
Quoted from BC_Gambit:

Is the sorta flexible plastic display "protector" really prone to cracking more than the hard glass display?
I have honestly never punched one of my games (in the display anyways ) but I would find it really surprising if the plastic cracked moreso than the glass?
Any seasoned ops with some real world experience bump?

I guess anything is possible in the pinball world .

#8 3 years ago

no pool sticks in room crazy events. nothing happened physical to the game. the first time i wasn't sure, this time i know for a fact. the game was even moved from one location in building to another. something within the game makes it happen. all other games in both rooms are fine . security cameras also confirm it happened on its own.
the first display it did it too actually had a full crack all the way across the display. both display circuit boards on the displays themselves are fine, nothing burnt, no burnt smells. same goes for the dmd driver pcb, which is why im puzzled.

#9 3 years ago

Is there happen to be a extreme temp issue within the location? This is just weird

#10 3 years ago

Overheating of the DMD caused by improper voltage regulation off the controller board.
Pull the DMD controller board and bench test, it may not look like anything is wrong at first glance.
Another cause could be temperature variation if the machine is close to a doorway or window.

#11 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

Overheating of the DMD caused by improper voltage regulation off the controller board.
Pull the DMD controller board and bench test, it may not look like anything is wrong at first glance.
Another cause could be temperature variation if the machine is close to a doorway or window.

Going to second this.

#12 3 years ago

Temp in room is fine. Remember, it was move after it did it the first time..many other machines in same room. its not an environment or physical vandalizing issue. Something within the game.

#13 3 years ago
Quoted from xTheBlackKnightx:

This. I'd check your high voltages make sure they are in spec

#14 3 years ago

I think its gray he get pissed sometimes!!!!!!

#16 3 years ago

You had to bring the Ancient Aliens Theorist into the thread, sheez.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 99.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Sales
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside