Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1790 6 years ago

I just picked up my Congo on Friday so I am now part of the club. It is a bit rough it was a re-import and was routed so it was priced right but needs work. It works 100% and the prior owner did some work.

If anyone can help me I am looking for insert decals and cabinet decals. I have emailed some pinside members and got one referral on the cabinet but nothing on inserts.

So any help would be appreciated...

1 month later
#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from Itty:

Hey guys, picked up a Congo this past weekend as my first pin, and it plays great. However, the grey gorilla bearing bracket was broken on one side, which allowed the return and actuator arms to fall off of the return stop. It's still playable, but Grey kinda flops around in the lower playfield.
Does anyone have any extra bearing brackets (PN 04-10330.1)? Or is there a source to buy parts? The only place I could find was pinballcenter, which no longer does shipping to the US.

You can get a mail forwarding service and they will then mail to them and on to you. It was easy - didn't cost that much extra. I did it for my Congo parts from them without issue. No one will have the parts otherwise. Just bite the bullet like I did and mail forward the items - cost like $20 more. I know it is a killer for a $5-10 part but it is no different then ordering from Marco in that regard.

1 week later
#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

These games come up surprisingly rarely for sale. Anyone buy one recently? What did you pay? Condition? Curious to know.

I picked one up for $3200 it works but for me I plan on restoring it. New cabinet decals, replacing some insert decals, already sent rails out to powder coat. I always liked the game so I felt lucky at that price. But, in the end I will put too much money in it like usual to ever get out of it what I put in it.

1 year later
#2065 5 years ago

I am trying to understand where these go on the Gorilla do a restoration and mine does not have them unless I am missing something?

Anyone have pictures or can explain where this goes?

5D795473-42D3-487A-A0E9-1283845B8B06 (resized).jpeg5D795473-42D3-487A-A0E9-1283845B8B06 (resized).jpeg
#2067 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Look at the gorilla mech in the manual. They are used for the side to side action with a spring.

OK - that was easy - all I had to do was type in Congo Gorilla mechanism and a diagram popped up that shows where it goes....

Thanks -

I guess I was tired, I need to slow down and think. I tore this apart months ago and now I am trying to put it together and mine did not have the things I took a picture of but I saw it on a parts site as being needed.

#2068 5 years ago

Another stupid question, I did not take enough pictures when I disassembled my Congo below is a metal piece that I assume must be on a ramp or something can some one take a picture of where this one is supposed to go?

Picture is attached, it is small maybe three inches

94FB2812-6CBD-4095-A0BA-846ADA53FB30 (resized).jpeg94FB2812-6CBD-4095-A0BA-846ADA53FB30 (resized).jpeg

#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Maybe behind the upper flipper?

OK - I will check that out.

Kind of pissed at myself on not taking more pictures....I also thought I would not take months to put it back together.

Maybe I need to just ask a general Pinside topic if anyone has tear down pictures.

#2073 5 years ago

@ Mitch - Thanks so much how could I have missed that!

You are da man!

#2074 5 years ago

Can anyone take a picture for me on the lower gorilla assembly with the two coils ?

Mine is a little stiff and since I just reassembled it and maybe there is a better way.

Just need a picture of the underside of the playfield with the main assembly clear if you are happy with your gorillas performance.

Thanks in advance

#2079 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

amazon.com link »
Shop pics

Thanks so much - your pics helped. I re-assembled it last night it is better but I think it could be still better. I have lots of new parts including the new post holder and the related items but it just seems like the Gorilla should be stronger. I can get all the letters OK - just want it to be better.

Quoted from Platypus:

I think Clay did a nice tutorial on reassembling that mech. You have to donate to access but it is well worth it.

Yeah - it might be worth it to get access to that info. Like I said it is OK - seems like it could be better.

I did a full restore so I am being picky is my guess.

3 weeks later
#2084 5 years ago

Question, I restored a Congo everything works yet I get a credit dot on working switches. It says the Congo targets need to be checked but they work. It goes from C or O.... I know a switch that doesn’t get triggered for a long time It will show a credit dot but that is not what’s happening - I trigger it in normal play and a game later it is back.

The MPU was repaired could that be it?

The switches all seem fine and all trigger normally in play. Could that differ in switch test?

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I played Congo for the first time last night and really liked the game. It is for sale at a local dealer. Would I be crazy to pay $6K for this game?[quoted image]

I paid half that but it was a bit of a project still resolving an issue here or there but works now.

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Who makes the best volcano light mod ?

Pinballbulbs.com

I have it and it is great!

1 week later
#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

what light mod are you talking about?

The volcano mod - sold by Pinballbulbs.com - looks really cool!

2 months later
#2129 4 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

I'm trying to justify the $40 price tag for a red strip that pulsates vs. a normal red strip that is always on for under $10

I have it and it is cool - it does pulse and I think that is unique versus always on.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
PinSound

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider wamonkey.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=wamonkey and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.