Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ufiti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1553 7 years ago

Just joined the club!!

I have a couple questions, if anyone can help:

1) For whatever reason mine doesn't play any sound when the MATCH is happening at the end of a game. All other sounds and music during the rest of the game seem to be totally normal. I can't find any setting about this or anything online. Any ideas?

2) And I THINK this is unrelated, but it seems mine is still on the original ROMs not the 2.1 upgrade. Do I just need the "CPU Eprom G11 Version 2.1", or would I also need the "Sound ROM Set"? http://www.thatpinballplace.com/eproms/wpc.html

Thanks for any advice!

#1555 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I've got the most updated ROM versions and also got no sounds when on "match"... :

Yeah, I assumed they weren't related... but I guess I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one without the MATCH sounds.

#1557 7 years ago

For Video Mode you just have to hit the "We Are - Watching - You" targets a bunch of times (5 completions of all 3 targets).

#1560 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Yeah, I just don't hit them all that often. Then again, I rarely specifically aim for them. I'm assuming there is not a setting to reduce the number of times you have to collect the set.

I don't see any settings that specific in the manual. I usually never aim for them either, but I got Video Mode twice yesterday just by playing. They were pretty mediocre games too. All 3 of your targets are functioning correctly?

#1561 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I've got the most updated ROM versions and also got no sounds when on "match"... :

Anyone else have no sound during "MATCH"? Anyone have any ideas why some of us don't?

#1564 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The plastic piece on my shooter rod snapped. I think I'm going to try replacing it with one of these "diamond" drawer pulls. It's only $.99, so if it's a failure I'm not out much.

Saw one very similar on Ebay for 50 bucks!!: ebay.com link: Oval Diamond custom pinball shooter rod for Congo and would look good on others

How are you attaching the drawer pull to the rod?

2 weeks later
#1571 6 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

Anyone else have no sound during "MATCH"? Anyone have any ideas why some of us don't?

So, an update on the "no sound during MATCH" issue. I upgraded to the 2.1 Rom and the MATCH sounds started working. Fine by me!

#1581 6 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

But there's a bug in 2.1 where you lose a multiball mode in error, I think as a map award
I stuck with 2.0 because of that

I saw that in the notes, but I upgraded from the 1.3 Game Rom that was in my game when I bought it to 2.1 with a new Rom from ThatPinballPlace.com. Where did you find a 2.0 Rom? I don't see that anywhere.

#1584 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Hey just thought you should know that, at least to my knowledge, there are no return lane plastics, they are decals that someone made, and then later someone also made a 3d printed mod that could go there, but stock I believe they are just metal.

That is correct, Congo shipped with bare metal return lanes. See here: https://images.pinside.com/e/a7/5e/ea75eadf6a670817cf5f3a9ec59690004061d269.jpg

#1587 6 years ago
Quoted from ninjabones:

Thanks for the info... I almost berated the seller for not disclosing to me that they were missing
Any info on the decals or 3d printed return lane mod? Seems a bit out of place to me for that to be bare metal... But maybe it will grow on me

It sounds like the 3D mod is sold out.... not sure if pinball_customs will be producing more. I actually just received and installed what I was told was the last remaining set last night.

#1599 6 years ago

It's not a mistake, they no longer ship to the US. I have no idea why, but when I asked they directed me to this thread on how to use a mail forwarding service in Germany:
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/german-mail-forwarding-workaround-for-pinball-center

2 weeks later
#1631 6 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

GI OCD is necessary if you're adding LEDs to the GI.
ColorDMD, LED OCD, yellow/gold mirror blades, hippo figure, volcano illumination & green powder coated legs (would have done the rest of the metal but couldn't be bothered)

Do you have gold mirror blades in a Congo? Any chance you'd be willing to post photos?

#1633 6 years ago

Hi, yes - but it's very subtle.
Have black in TWD, blue in Tron and Gold in IMVE. They're all really very subtle colour to be honest. Red in AFM was the most obvious, but even that wasn't very striking.

Thanks, that really helps! Had been wondering if they were worth the extra $125 or whatever.

#1637 6 years ago

Is that +$125 extra for the coloured blades vs. standard chrome? In my opinion: no. Stick with Chrome.
If that's $125 for blades (of any colour) rather than having no blades at all, then in my opinion: it's worth the money.

PinballSideMirrors.com - Regular = $75, Black/Blue = $195

PinballDecals.com - Regular = $99, Black/Gold = $199

1 month later
#1674 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Congo is coming to my home shortly! I bought it as a working project, needs a deep shop job. Thinking about making a fluorescent colored plastic for the left ramp cover. Anyone else interested? I'm not home much and it's a bit of a pain to get to the laser cutter I use so gauging interest.

Are you referring to something like this?
ebay.com link: Clear Plastic for Williams Congo Pinball Green with fluorescent edge

2 months later
#1715 6 years ago

Where can I find Congo plastic protectors these days? Thought I saw them all over a couple months back, but now I can only find them from a company selling on ebay out of Germany.

#1718 6 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Noticed that if you hit both flippers you can hurry through the animations for end of ball, mystery, etc.
Today upon hitting both flippers, the music cut out and the sound got way louder. On the next ball it returned to normal. After playing a bit more with it, I can easily recreate the issue.
Is this a common problem?
I know I'm running the 1.0 sound ROM but the 1.1 ROM readme doesn't mention anything about this.

I did have a very similar issue! Music was cutting out and sound got extremely loud after hitting both flippers. Tested it out a few more times and noticed that sometimes the game would even fully reset after hitting both flippers. I brought my A/V and power driver boards in for repair, but he couldn't find anything... solid 5v. Decided to test my outlets with a multimeter and found the culprit!

Apparently on hot days when everyone in our building has there air conditioning on, the voltage drops enough to cause issues. I bought a Tripp Lite Line Conditioner and that fixed it for me. Obviously I'd check your boards first to make sure there isn't a bigger issue, but might be the same thing. I was surprised that I hadn't been able to find anyone else with this issue when I was searching for a solution.

1 year later
#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

One thing weird about my game is I had to put an incandescent flasher behind the guerrilla. A led flasher would flash when I hit the flippers for some reason. Same for one flasher in the backbox.

Same thing here. Didn't realized it doesn't do that with incandescent.

#1927 5 years ago

Anyone else get airballs off the left ramp that bounce over the "RELIGHT KICKBACK" plastic and straight out the left outlane? It used to only happen very rarely for me, now much more often.

#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How does that work? The ball should go up the left ramp and hook down right? I can't picture the ball deflecting down left. Is your ramp flap bent up? There also should be plastic cover over the back part of the ramp in from of the guerrilla.

To clarify, the ball isn't going up the ramp at all, it is bouncing off the standup target at the bottom. Pretty similar to the Ghostbusters airball issue I think.

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check the padding behind the switch face. The back plate might be bent back as well. I had that problem on my Shadow and got reinfoced targets:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-6R
You can try to bend it back straight and use extra padding.

Thanks, I'll try that! The padding does look pretty beat.

1 year later
#2197 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Would love to see what it looks like installed, but compared to the original it is definitely missing a ton of detail/texture. Pretty disappointing. Would love to find a better replacement.

20191016_105947 (resized).jpg20191016_105947 (resized).jpg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider ufiti.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=ufiti and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.