Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kilaohm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2538 1 year ago

Hi all new Congo owner here. Couple questions.

1. Should the volcano loop shot be available whenever the lock is not lit? Sometimes when I make the shot I get the “5 million!” Call out but instead of looping it catches the ball and spits it back out the volcano. Does this shot need to be qualified or should the diverted only be up when lock is lit?

2. Sometime my volcano attempts to eject balls even when none are locked or before a multi ball should be active. Is this a common issue? Known solutions?

Since the two issues I’m having are with the volcano I wonder if they’re related? Any thoughts or suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

#2540 1 year ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I had an issue with the volcano kicking balls out whenever it wanted to. Did alot of diagnostics and came to the conclusion that there was an issue with the CPU board. Sent it in for repairs. It came back, worked for awhile and the issue came back, but worse. All seem to check out okay with the volcano in switch test. It puzzled me. I finally rechecked the optos on the volcano. They worked, but were very dim lite compaired to the trough optos. I then replaced all the transmitter and reciever optos for the volcano and have never had another issue.
Might check your volcano optos as they could be your problem.
Good luck,
Mike

Thank you. I’ll start by cleaning them and move forward from there. Any insight about the diverter in the volcano orbit lane? Should it only be up when the lock is lit?

#2541 1 year ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

Trying to dial in my Congo and the only place I'm stuck is on the map hole. I sends the ball to the top post of the right slingshot and I would like it to cleanly move down close to the face of the right slingshot.
The coil, sleeve, stop ect are all clean and in good condition. The ball eject, like the mystery hole, is a pretty soft hit from the coil. During coil test the coil fires much harder (albeit too hard) and sends the ball on exactly the path I want.
Is my playfield too steep?
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

My playfield is set around 7.5 degrees and the map sling ejects the ball right around the middle of the right flipper if that helps at all.

#2542 1 year ago
Quoted from KilaOhm:

Thank you. I’ll start by cleaning them and move forward from there. Any insight about the diverter in the volcano orbit lane? Should it only be up when the lock is lit?

Update: cleaned the optos. Found a piece of a sticker near one. Could have been tricking it into thinking there was a ball in the chamber. Removed it and haven’t had an issue so far. Fingers crossed. Thank you for the help

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 3.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider kilaohm.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=kilaohm and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.