Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackbot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1005 8 years ago

Has it really been 20 years?

3 months later
#1124 8 years ago

Most of the speech in the game was recorded custom for the game by Tim Curry, Ernie Hudson and Shayna Fox (Amy).

6 months later
#1345 7 years ago

20 Year Congo design team mini reunion. John Trudeau, Ernie Hudson and myself at the Stern 30 year celebration.

IMG_1294 (resized).JPGIMG_1294 (resized).JPG

10 months later
#1711 6 years ago

That is the correct operation of the diverter. The ramp enter switch was too unreliable to use to trigger the diverter. The coil is noisier than expected due to the duty cycle used to reduce the power to the coil while it is being held down. The duty cycle and coil type were carefully chosen to allow it to remain held down almost indefinitely without overheating.

1 year later
#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Can someone verify if I have a perceived problem. I've been racking my brain. My upper and lower flippers fire simultaneously. You can't stage them. I've spent hours trying to diagnose. Then my friend tells me his does the same thing. Is this the way Congo is?

That is correct. On CONGO, both upper and lower flippers fire at the same time. There is no 'staging'.
That was my choice and the way I wanted them to operate for this game.

1 year later
#2269 4 years ago

These two connectors do not go to any device on the playfield. They are a splice for wires in the harness that needed to be longer than the automated wire cutting machine could handle. The factory would use the regular molex lugs to splice the wires and add the connectors to keep them from shorting on any other parts.

#2271 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

They are test plugs to check for shorts at the factory.

Sorry, but this is not correct.

4 weeks later
#2272 4 years ago

Hi All, How about a little fun while everyone is stuck at home.....

This year is the 25th anniversary of the CONGO game. December 5, 1995 was the official production start date. CONGO was also the last pinball game assembled at the Williams/Bally California Ave plant. And the very_ last CONGO game built there was signed on the bottom my most of the design team. So, I've always wondered where this 'last' game ended up and if it survived. Anyone want to look under their games?

1 week later
#2275 3 years ago

All manufacturing moved to Waukegan after Congo. And a short time later they also built slot machines there.

1 year later
#2470 2 years ago

That does not even look like a the correct Congo part. It should have a vertical line of lights on the left side:

https://www.ipdb.org/images/3780/image-20.jpg

You should be able to use just about any insert panel from this era games. You can drill extra holes where needed.

#2477 2 years ago

The power to the coil is duty cycled (pulse-width modulation) to reduce the chance of it overheating. The buzzing is normal and expected. With the glass on, it's much less noticeable. You still should make sure all of the parts of the up post are correctly assembled to minimize the buzzing.

1 year later
#2672 8 months ago
Quoted from skyrex:

So the lights in all the circled areas went out at once. All the switches still work/activate but no lights. I tried reseating the connectors in that area but no luck. Any ideas on what I should check? I can play the game but it is annoys me when things aren’t working properly. Not great at diagnosing/fixing things myself so any help would be greatly appreciated
[quoted image]

All of these lamps are on the lamp matrix column 4. The other lamps on the column are: Diamond Left Loop, "We Are", and the "Skill Shot" lamp (which I can't tell if it's included in your non-working list from the picture.

If none of these 8 lamps are working, I would look for a broken Yellow-Black wire somewhere between the backbox and the playfield or a bad column drive on the IO board.

If any of the lamps in this list still work, there is probably a broken Yellow-Black wire (or loose connector) on the playfield somewhere.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackbot.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=jackbot and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.