Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#177 10 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Club members: I posted above but no responses yet.
I'm tentatively trading my nice player's quality FH for a really nice Congo. Owner of the congo has sent a few pics and it's very nice from what I can tell and he's told me.
I've gotten very little congo play, but am looking for a nice DMD to trade FH for. I place my funhouse's value at around $3000 or so. I know i'm taking a bit of a monetary loss (maybe) on this trade.
Thoughts? Will I regret the trade? I like FH, but am ready to move on. Both pins work 100%

Hi BB,

I don't think you will look back. I have an extremely nice Congo that Bryan Kelly restored for me. People may think that I am crazy for having a restoration done on a Congo, but I love this game and it was worth every penny to me to have Bryan bring it up to such a high level (HEP restored the playfield).

The game itself plays very fast and I love the theme and the movie (I know I am in the minority here on this). The start of volcano multi-ball never gets old to watch. Shooting the volcano ramp is also more challenging than your regular ramp shot. I think that the playfield art work is also very well done. PPS has created reproduction plastic sets as most Congos in the wild seem to have their share of broken/cracked plastics.

FH is a timeless classic pin, however Congo has been an under-valued pin for a long time and only in the past year or so has it risen up and garnered more interest in the pinball community. I would do the trade in a heartbeat, but I am biased.

Gord

2 years later
#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Can someone post a picture of the wiring to the main power box in the front right corner of the cab. The metal box with the 2 connectors on top that the main power switch is attached to.

Here are a couple of photos for you from my Congo.

Gord

DSCN0073_(resized).JPGDSCN0073_(resized).JPG
DSCN0069_(resized).JPGDSCN0069_(resized).JPG

#1061 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Thanks! Is that an original north american or a reimport? Its looks mint!!!

I assume it is an original North American as I purchased it from someone in the US and had it shipped to Bryan Kelly for a restoration about 3 years ago.

Gord

DSCN3453_(resized).JPGDSCN3453_(resized).JPG
DSCN0090_(resized).JPGDSCN0090_(resized).JPG
DSCN0077_(resized).JPGDSCN0077_(resized).JPG
DSCN0078_(resized).JPGDSCN0078_(resized).JPG
DSCN0079_(resized).JPGDSCN0079_(resized).JPG
DSCN0085_(resized).JPGDSCN0085_(resized).JPG
DSCN0081_(resized).JPGDSCN0081_(resized).JPG
DSCN0082_(resized).JPGDSCN0082_(resized).JPG

#1064 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow just wow!!! If you ever want to sell ( which i doubt you will) i know it would be high dollar but id want it! Beautiful machine

Thanks. Bryan did a really nice job on the restoration and I am very happy with it.

Gord

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Almost 2 years I was searching so happy I got it but paid alot for it.

Very nice find indeed. I picked up a really nice used Congo volcano ramp (cleaned up very nicely and no cracks or chips) back in November of 2013 from someone who had a complete Congo populated playfield that he was parting out.

The game was water damaged from Hurricane Sandy IIRC and the cabinet and boards were pretty toasted so he was selling anything that was salvageable.

Gord

2 weeks later
#1089 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

One issue is the volcano ball eject. Balls are suppose to spill out onto the ramp but mine fly out like a cannon and land in the middle of the playfield. The scoop looks fine (no damage) and even has padding material to slow the ball down. The coil is the right one according to the manual. Any idea how to fix this?
DSC_8162_(resized).JPG

Quoted from freddy:

is the weldement broke maybe it needs to be bent more or re- welded.

Hi,

I had a similar problem on my Congo and fixed it 100 percent by replacing the volcano weldment with a replacement volcano weldment from Mantis Amusements.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/congo.htm

Gord

4 months later
#1217 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I think your lower playfield gorilla is broken .... it sld be facing straight. Its common and u can get parts to fix it in most cases. Congo is much better shooter than jp and i dont think they are similar at all.

I concur that the gorilla should be facing straight when not in use. See the photo below for how the gorilla appears in my Congo when the game is off.

Gord

DSCN0377_(resized).JPGDSCN0377_(resized).JPG

#1219 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Just fyi, this is not Amy! I strongly suggest you watch the movie again!

I corrected my post. I caught it about 2 minutes after posting it.

I actually like the movie Congo (flame suit on) and have seen it a few times. I know that the lower playfield ape is not Amy, but had a momentary brain fart.

Gord

#1243 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

If somehow it's still there after all these years, if I could get a good price for it I could give the game a cleaning and new cabinet decals.

I don't think that cabinet decals are available for this title. I seem to recall another Pinsider buying a set of cabinet decals that another Pinsider had created, but they are not available from any vendors IIRC.

Gord

#1254 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I fixed the lower playfield last night. It now snaps back to center quickly.

Good deal. What did you do to fix it?

Gord

3 weeks later
#1286 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Quick video of the volcano with my extra LEDs installed.
» YouTube video

Nicely done. It looks like the lava is ready to flow.

Gord

3 months later
#1406 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I, like many others, have issues with my ball falling off the habitrail coming out of the volcano and dropping down into the pop bumpers. According to the manual the following part number refers to this ramp.
http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7314.1
However, every stock congo I have seen doesn't have the side rails. This would definitely remedy the problem but I'm wondering if there is a misprint in the manual or marco has posted the wrong picture, etc. Would hate to buy the ramp and have it be the wrong length. It would be awesome if this is the same length as it would eliminate the problem.
Thoughts?

In the 3+ years that I have owned my Congo I would have a similar issue occur on occasion. I have attached a photo of that area of my Congo below for your review.

DSCN0085 (resized).JPGDSCN0085 (resized).JPG

This issue occurs with the volcano weldment when the weld gets broken and the VUK shoots the ball over the volcano ramp sporadically and directly onto the playfield. I fixed that issue by purchasing a new Congo volcano weldment from Mantis Amusements. Since installing the new volcano weldment from Mantis Amusements this issue has been completely resolved on my Congo.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/congo.htm

Gord

2 months later
#1483 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer22:

Installed these last night.

Wow, those side decals look like they were professionally done.

Gord

1 month later
#1510 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I just got a Congo from a warehouse, untouched for last 16 years.
Pf is in great condition, im cleaning/working on it. Looking forward to get done with it, and start collecting some diamonds. Hippooooes

Please post some photos after you have cleaned this playfield. That looks like a nice find.

Gord

1 week later
#1534 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Had the first decent game on Congo last night since I restored it. Happened to be recording it as I was setting my camera rig back up for some streaming. Anyways, I thought I would share The upper loop is still not as smooth as I would like, but I am not sure how to make it any smoother. It just has to be a perfect shot to get it all of the way around, other wise it bounces off one side or another and loses momentum.
» YouTube video
twitch.tv/queencitypinball

Nice video. I like how you have the multiple views being simultaneously displayed.

That was a pretty dang good game you just logged. Beats the hell out of my high score.

Gord

2 months later
#1659 6 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just got my Congo and ordered a set of plastic protectors . Also saw the shapeways guard for under the middle plastic. Do I need this as well or is the protector enough?

The plastic protector set for Congo has a protector piece for the middle plastic. You do not need to purchase the Shapeways guard as well. I think that these were offered when there were no plastic protector sets available.

Gord

2 weeks later
#1682 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Where can I get this gold Williams logo speaker panel?

Hi Alex,

PPS carries them.

http://www.planetarypinball.com/mm5/merchant.mvc?Store_Code=PP&Screen=PROD&Product_Code=PPS-04-10382-7A-1

Gord

2 weeks later
#1702 6 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Can someone take a high res. pic of the "N" on the inlane please and email it to me?
[email protected]
Thanks in advance.

Here you go.

Gord

P1000559 (resized).JPGP1000559 (resized).JPG
P1000560 (resized).JPGP1000560 (resized).JPG
P1000558 (resized).JPGP1000558 (resized).JPG

P1000561 (resized).JPGP1000561 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1707 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Let me try another approach...
Would someone be kind enough to send me a hi-res scan of the flyer?

Hi Alex,

Will this work? If not please provide me with your email address and I will email the high resolution scans (5MB each) to you.

Gord

Congo_Front (resized).jpgCongo_Front (resized).jpg
Congo_Back (resized).jpgCongo_Back (resized).jpg

5 months later
#1793 6 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Hello fellow Congo. I’m going through my Congo putting on new plastic and cliffys. I still have this huge eyesore. There are some other cosmetic issues like chipped inserts but this is the worse. If any one has or knows where I can buy an overlay for this area please let me know. I have a scanner but nothing to scan. Would need a take apart a lower area of the PF to get complete scan. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks folks.

Hi Bok013,

I see that 4 years ago there was a thread looking for a scan of the lower Congo playfield. You posted in that thread which is below.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-lower-playfield-scan

Were the playfield scans that were done at that time unsatisfactory?

Gord

#1795 6 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Hi Gord. Yes. The file was sent but very grainy. I couldn’t reproduce the quality that the sender seem to print.

Dang, this has been a long journey for you then. Keep posting and maybe start a separate thread again and perhaps you can find someone in the middle of a Congo teardown/restoration that can get a good scan for you.

I am sort of surprised that no one has a scan of portions of a Congo playfield already. Keep your playfield scan request alive and you might get lucky.

Gord

#1800 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone to whom this signature belongs to? I acquired this translite a while ago, and I really didn't care much about it....

The signature looks like 'John Trudeau' who is Congo's designer.

Gord

2 weeks later
#1832 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Thanks... I'll change sticker to; install 4 balls

Pictured below is a photo of my Congo with the lockdown bar removed so that you can see the stickers installed on the receiver.

Gord

DSCN0090 (resized).JPGDSCN0090 (resized).JPG

#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anyone have a solution for the ball flying off the gold wireform as it whips around the volcano ramp? Mine flies off every time. Only slow shots stay on. Everything appears to be in order but I'm at a loss for why this keeps happening.

That is a strange one, see the URL below that was previously posted in the Congo club regarding the same issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/24#post-3197847

I don't have that issue on my Congo so I am posting a few photos of that area for you to review to see if you are missing something on your Congo. You may want to zoom in on the photos for the best detail.

Gord

P1000853 (resized).JPGP1000853 (resized).JPG
P1000856 (resized).JPGP1000856 (resized).JPG
P1000855 (resized).JPGP1000855 (resized).JPG

2 weeks later
#1854 6 years ago
Quoted from Rensh:

A friend has a Congo where the gorilla is not working, in fact it’s completely loose on the mini playfield. It appears to have come loose from the shaft, friend says it looks like the top end of the shaft is broken. Haven’t removed the playfield yet but anyone has an idea which part to get? The manual is not very helpful

See link below.

https://mantispinball.com/product/congo-square-drive-plate/

Gord

4 months later
#1876 5 years ago
Quoted from simplykind:

Anyone know where this connector goes? Was hanging with one wire completely sheared off. Just fixed it and would like to find it's home. Thanks!
[quoted image]

Look at solenoid 27/28 in the attached 'SFT - Solenoid Flasher Table' which shows you the schematic for the Blu-Yel and Blu-Org wires in your photo. Also attached is a PDF file for the 'PDB - Power Driver Board' for Congo. I believe that your orphaned connector will plug into J107 on the PDB, but please review the two attached documents to confirm.

I have also attached a photo of connector J107 (from PDB) from the back box of my Congo and it looks just like the connector in your photo with the same wire colors. These two wires are for the volcano flashers and the perimeter defense flashers. Please review the attached documents/photos at your convenience.

Gord

SFT - Solenoid Flasher TableSFT - Solenoid Flasher Table
PDB - Power Driver BoardPDB - Power Driver Board
PDB - J107PDB - J107

3 weeks later
#1896 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Is the top of your volcano vuk broken. Welds breaking are common so most people upgrade to the mantis vuk

What Mitch said. The Mantis volcano weldment will fix your issue with the ball sailing over the left volcano ramp when ejected from the volcano VUK.

https://mantispinball.com/product/congo-volcano-weldment/

Gord

#1898 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thanks....mine looks intact. Bit the ball does going flying to the left sometimes missing all ramps and goes down to pf. Does the mantis one extend out further to make the ball angle down?

Yes, my stock volcano weldment did the same thing as yours and my stock one was not broken either. Since I swapped out my stock volcano weldment with the Mantis volcano weldment the problem is now 100 percent fixed.

Gord

2 months later
#1972 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

got any pics of yours installed?

Here are a couple of pics of the outlane plastics installed on my Congo. These were purchased from 'The Pinball Center' a few years ago.

Gord

DSCN0082 (resized).JPGDSCN0082 (resized).JPG
P1000558 (resized).JPGP1000558 (resized).JPG

4 weeks later
#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

when does the right ramp diverter engage?

After you shoot the left ramp 3 times to spell M-A-P then on the 4th time the ramp diverter should engage.

Gord

8 months later
#2171 4 years ago
Quoted from ThaBini:

Hi guys,
I bought my 1st Flip a Congo ! I love it so much ! but I need your help to restore it. Could you send me any scans or decals files ?
Thx a lot for your Help ! @pinsiders
Best regards !
François
PS: someone can scan me 600x600 this part plz ?[quoted image]

Here are a few scans that I found in my Congo archive.

Gord

Center_Scoop (resized).jpgCenter_Scoop (resized).jpg
Map_Scoop (resized).jpgMap_Scoop (resized).jpg
Skillshot_Amy (resized).jpgSkillshot_Amy (resized).jpg
Slings_Beehive (resized).jpgSlings_Beehive (resized).jpg
TraviCom (resized).jpgTraviCom (resized).jpg
Upper_Left_Flipper (resized).jpgUpper_Left_Flipper (resized).jpg
Volcano (resized).jpgVolcano (resized).jpg

5 months later
6 months later
#2319 3 years ago

This post has been moved to the JP club.

8 months later
#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Thanks Stebel.
Another pinsider got back to me and offered to send his to Kerry. Fingers crossed he’s able to make a run of them.

Kerry is very talented with metal working on creating pinball parts. I worked with him back in March of 2018 to get a hole protector created for TFTC and it turned out great.

I am definitely in on purchasing a 2 way deflector for my Congo once they become available to have as a spare.

Gord

3 months later
#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

hello guys! I've just finished to restore a congo pinball and while testing it I notice that if I start "diamond hunt multiball" while having 3 balls locked into the volcano, these are not released and I'll have to play the mode with a single ball! is that normal or a common issue? here is my rom version installed, if it can be helpful! thanks in advance for your help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm, that sounds strange. Once you lock the 3rd ball in the volcano then volcano multi-ball should start immediately.

Gord

#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Is it possible that I'm playing with only 3 ball installed ? is the game supposed to start anyway ? unfortunately I'm not able to check until tomorrow..

Congo should have 4 balls installed.

Gord

DSCN0090 (resized).JPGDSCN0090 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2443 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’ve owned the game for over 5 years, I’ve never heard this clip in my machine

Ditto, as I have had my Congo for 8 years and have never heard this audio clip.

Gord

3 months later
#2474 2 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I’m not much for buying frivolous stuff for others at Xmas. Instead I buy frivolous stuff for myself.
Congo got a new toy. I’ll post pics once I figure out the mounting.
[quoted image]

The airplane looks nice. Does it have any lights on it?

Gord

1 year later
#2570 1 year ago
Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

Possible to remove the chrome rails on a Congo without damaging the side art?
I see it's just one n ail in the front, so was figuring the rest is glued on. My side art is in great shape, but was thinking of blacking out the chrome on the cabinet.

I was able to successfully replace the side rails on my TZ back in 2015 without damaging the cabinet side art. See the URL below for the input that I received and the final solution.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/side-rail-removalinstallation-for-decaled-tz

Gord

10 months later
#2749 46 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

The ramp driverter is sticking on the down position sometimes. I can hear the metal against metal when it goes up and down. Is it safe to use a dab of WD-40 on the mech underneath to help slide better?
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a similar issue on my Congo and the diverter was actually rubbing against the plastic underneath the ramp on occasion. I very slightly reamed out the plastic hole and that fixed my issue.

Gord

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider grb1959.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=grb1959 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.