Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djshakes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1348 7 years ago

New member. Paid my dues. I bought the game without ever playing it. I'm confident it won't leave even though I only have room for two. Yeah, I'm that confident. The shadow is the other anchor.

IMG_5219 (resized).jpgIMG_5219 (resized).jpg

#1351 7 years ago

Speaker panel

IMG_5239 (resized).jpgIMG_5239 (resized).jpg

#1356 7 years ago

Does anyone know if that guy sells the 3d inlane guides anymore? No response from him.

#1361 7 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

very nice
who does the speaker panels ?

I don't know. I will have to ask the seller. Still waiting for sti to pick it up. Ugh, I want it now!!!

3 weeks later
#1405 7 years ago

I, like many others, have issues with my ball falling off the habitrail coming out of the volcano and dropping down into the pop bumpers. According to the manual the following part number refers to this ramp.

http://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/12-7314.1

However, every stock congo I have seen doesn't have the side rails. This would definitely remedy the problem but I'm wondering if there is a misprint in the manual or marco has posted the wrong picture, etc. Would hate to buy the ramp and have it be the wrong length. It would be awesome if this is the same length as it would eliminate the problem.

Thoughts?

#1409 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

In the 3+ years that I have owned my Congo I would have a similar issue occur on occasion. I have attached a photo of that area of my Congo below for your review.

This issue occurs with the volcano weldment when the weld gets broken and the VUK shoots the ball over the volcano ramp sporadically and directly onto the playfield. I fixed that issue by purchasing a new Congo volcano weldment from Mantis Amusements. Since installing the new volcano weldment from Mantis Amusements this issue has been completely resolved on my Congo.
http://www.mantisamusements.com/congo.htm
Gord

I don't have the issue of the vux shooting out onto the playfield. I have an issue with that habitrail. If you make the volcano ramp shot it will fall off the wire ramp bc there are no sides. A guy on page 18 posted a remedy using what looks like a ramp protector. I have a ramp protector on the plastic ramp near the exit of the medium sized ramp. I'm thinking of transferring it to replicate what he did on page 18 bc it doesn't appear to serve a purpose where it is.

#1414 7 years ago

What is the part number for that ramp protector? I need that.

#1417 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I had it in a box of parts so im not sure where it came from

I took the one off the plastic ramp, dremeled off the little hook ND the nose of the protector. Fits like a glove and balls never fall off.

#1418 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

I took the one off the plastic ramp, dremeled off the little hook and the nose of the protector. Fits like a glove and balls never fall off.

1 week later
#1425 7 years ago

Got 2.3b last night and 182 diamonds. Hit ghost tribe multiball, jungle jackpot, how the hell do you get to skill fire? Have over 100 games on it and never hit it. Prior to last night had tournament mode off. Put it on last night, nothing!! How do you get this mode?!

#1428 7 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I haven't had time to dig into it but any idea why the game will spit out a lock ball out of volcano in the middle of playing another ball? It sounds like a coil is firing during the game when it's not suppose to so something is going on. I probably just need to go into test mode and test every switch and coil. Just wondering if anyone had the same problem and could give me some advice.

I had this problem with vux firing randomly during play. Check your optos in volcano trough first. If fine, then put in switch test mode and random tap on field to see if anything sets it off. Most likely it is a switch on same column. In my case I had a loose wire on one of the three skill shot targets causing vux to fire. Soldered it and I was fine.

2 years later
#2041 5 years ago

Can someone verify if I have a perceived problem. I've been racking my brain. My upper and lower flippers fire simultaneously. You can't stage them. I've spent hours trying to diagnose. Then my friend tells me his does the same thing. Is this the way Congo is?

#2045 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You should be able to stage. There should be two optos, one for each flipper. It should have this:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-opto-interrupter.html

It has two opto interrupters. You should be able to stage. Guys, I tore apart this machine two times over trying to figure out why they fire simultaneously. I have a thread posted about it. Utter nightmare. I am running the first ROM. I swapped all the opto boards, power driver board, MPU, replaced all the coils. It is insane. I noticed from the factory they had the wires swapped around at the opto board meaning the upper switch fired before the lower flipper switch. I swapped them. Still the same. I'm thinking at the factory maybe they didn't give a shit about flipper wire order because the game flips both at the same time no matter what? The upper flipper coil fires before the upper switch even registers. I tried everything other than a new ROM (on it's way) and taking the header pins off of J212 to check for corrosion under the connector. However, I doubt this is the issue because I swapped the MPU. I contacted my buddy of whom I sold a nice congo to and he says his doesn't stage either.

#2050 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Congo is my first and only WPC game and I never knew about staging. my game never has...

Wow, so maybe you can't push flipper button half way on congo to only fire the lower flipper and fully depress to fire both? Glad I spent 5 hours trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. $#$*#$(**&$#%&#*$(%&*(&%$*(&$*#(%&

#2054 5 years ago

Thanks for verifying. I went nuts trying to figure this out.

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

You guys have me curious now. What games of this era "stage"?
I can't imagine how it would help the play in Congo....

Bc you could cradle on lower flipper and hit super skill shot or whatever it's called up by mine field.

9 months later
#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

The more I play Congo the more I realize it has everything I could ever want in a table. If you had to choose one thing about Congo that is your favorite, what would it be?
For me, it’s the Skill Fire continuous shot after 100 diamonds.[quoted image]

The only issue I have is the linear map mode. Still a great game and I'm actively looking for another since I sold mine a while back.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider djshakes.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.