Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#173 10 years ago

I'm thrilled to now be a member of this club!

After a couple months of looking, and a couple more months of waiting to pick my Congo up, I got it this past weekend! It needs a bit of love - it's got peeling inserts (which I intend to fix,) needs ball trough divot repair (probably,) and a new shaft for the gorilla (I already have one sourced.)

...but... it is a CONGO, after a bit of work it will turn out really nice, and it is MINE!

#178 10 years ago

My latest PM to Blackbeard on Congo:

Picked it up Saturday morning, and got home and set it up that night. It needed some tweaking (and still needs a bit of work) but it's great! It has a really nice mix of flow and stop-and-go, and just about the coolest shot in all of pinball.

It was the game I most wanted for the past several months. I'd spent a couple months searching after the first few times I played it, and thought I'd built up some unrealistic expectations for the game in my mind. After getting it home, it was even better than I remembered.

If you weren't tired of Funhouse, I would say don't rush to make the trade, but since it seems like you've played your share of it I'd say absolutely make the trade! Congo seems to be in somewhat high demand lately, so if you don't like it I'm sure you'll have no problem trading it.

#182 10 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

Congo is way better than FH IMHO. Go get it!
I think nice working Congos are 2500plus nowadays...

I paid $2450 for mine, and it had two broken pieces in the gorilla assembly, a broken left ramp, and peeling inserts (all of which are easily fixable these days, thankfully.) I was second-guessing the purchase before I went ahead with it, but don't regret it one bit. I can honestly say I think it may be the best-playing game I've ever played.

As other points of reference, I knew of a nice but unshopped one which had been unplayed for years for $2600 (which was going to be listed for $3k+ shopped,) and another one that was middle-of-the-road that sold for $2800 within a day.

3 months later
#262 10 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Anyone have update on the new lower platfield mech possibly being released?

http://www.pinballcenter.eu/catalog/gorilla-base-plate-congo-p-6522.html?language=english

I don't think think anyone was working on a full replacement mech, but these guys have most of the parts. Their stuff isn't perfect, but it's workable. (They don't have NOS Congo parts, just custom made stuff, but it does the trick.)

1 month later
#294 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I wonder if any other Pinsiders have experienced this problem with the parts from PB Center, and if so, what they did to overcome the problem?

I went through the same thing, and got the same jerkoff response.

Ended up using super glue and a better locking washer. I also squared off the top of the shift a bit with a dremel tool (which was a pain in the ass to do, and probably not necessary.)

Mine has held up for probably a hundred or more games so far. Looking forward to the less-crappy version, though.

1 month later
#322 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I'm having intermittent problems with my switch #25 (right eject rubber). I get the (a) on the test and if I play with the connections underneath, it goes away temporarily. Solder joints seem fine, so I think the switch is acting buggy and needs replacing. But the part, A-17794, doesn't seem to be available anywhere as a subassembly. Does anyone know where I can get it? Or barring that, can I cobble together different parts (switch, diode, etc.) to make one? And what would I use? Thanks in advance!
And, oh yeah...one more thing! I get (a)'s on the ball trough switches in the test screen as well, but they seem to be functioning perfectly and don't set off the alarm when I power the machine on. Should I be worried, or is that normal?

Not sure which switch that is off the top of my head, but most of the switches in there are the same, just the metal arm of the switch is different.

I'd check the switch in test mode, running a ball over/through it, and see if you can find where the inconsistency lies.

#323 9 years ago
Quoted from PNBLWZD:

What's a nice Congo worth now days? I have one I might be selling, but haven't decided yet for sure. Really nice cab, playfield, ramps, clean and plays great with no errors.

A properly nice one just sold for $3500 (maybe less if an offer was accepted.) I feel like there was one listed higher that either didn't sell, or sold way under asking price. I paid $2500 for mine, though I'm about $3000 deep into what's basically a glorified players game. I'd say what was once a wide range on this game has now narrowed to the low 3s for a good example.

#324 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Anyone have this plastic? Mine's busted...I know I could order one from pinballcenter.eu, but figured if anybody domestically bought a full set and wants to sell some pieces they don't need, it would help us both out. Thanks!

43686_mi.jpg 7 KB

I think I may have a nice original, from when I put my repro plastics on. If you're still looking, shoot me a PM.... I think that's one of about 3 originals that wasn't busted on my game.

2 months later
#376 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

The volcano on my game was doing the same thing. I added a small piece of weather stripping (1.5 cm x 1.5 cm) at the top of the volcano to slow it down. So far all of the shots from the volcano have landed on the volcano ramp. That's about twenty times in a row

I would also suggest looking into the base reinforcement piece someone developed and showed on the previous page. Let me know if you need any help on yours!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider collin.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=collin and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.