Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bozotheclown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2413 2 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement bushing on 04-10330.1? The previous owner of my machine made some "customizations" to keep things working but in turn drilled out the factory bushing quite a bit bigger. I have all new replacement parts except that one. PinballCenter doesn't appear to have these in stock anymore. Any help would be appreciated. My last ditch effort will be making a hardware store run to see if they have anything that might work.

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Unfortunately that part seems to be unavailable across all the suppliers. I too tried to find one for my machine late last year. I did manage to buy some of the bushings themselves from the OEM, with a view to make my own bracket. Still haven't got around to that though.

Do you have a link for the bushings then? Maybe I could do the same. Or better yet maybe I could press out/in the bushings from the existing bracket.

#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from trufflepiggy:

Looking for new ribbon cables, if anyone knows where I might get them..

K's Arcade sells them as sets or individually to suit your needs.

https://ksarcade.net/wpc95-ribboncableset.html

1 week later
#2422 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

BozoTheClown apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The company that makes these bushings, the OEM, is one called Spyraflow in GA.
When I enquired last year, they had no stock and I had to wait a few weeks until they ran some more. I ordered 30 at that time, felt stupid ordering just one.
I'd send you one, but with international shipping taking weeks and in most cases months to arrive, you'd be better off ordering from the manufacturer.
Hopefully the attached images help you order what you need.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much for the info, I was able to find it on their website with the help of your pics

http://www.spyraflo.com/products/self-clinch-self-align-sae-840-bronze/fsb-250

#2424 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks ! I don't need one but might pick one up just in case. Does this just pop in to install?

I doubt it, most likely some sort of a press fit. Pinballer73 would know for sure since he has done it already.

1 week later
#2425 2 years ago

Can anyone upload a picture of the "lighting" for their backglass? I'm preparing to replace all the bulb mounts this weekend, but I already have so many broken off that I would be guessing at where a bunch of them go. Appreciate it!

PXL_20210826_215119510 (resized).jpgPXL_20210826_215119510 (resized).jpg
#2429 2 years ago

Thank you ClassicHornet and @freddy! That should be exactly what I need to get this up and running properly. I will also be replacing the connectors with larger .093 molex connectors as the original .062 ones had more than a few burnt pins.

#2430 2 years ago

All new sockets and all rewired except for the flashers. The flasher harness is just off to the side currently, no broken tabs there so it gets to stay. New molex connectors arrive Monday and I will be able to finish it up. Thanks again!

PXL_20210827_222845433 (resized).jpgPXL_20210827_222845433 (resized).jpg
#2434 2 years ago

mollyspub Where did you get your inside art from? I like that a lot more than other options I have seen out there.

4 months later
#2462 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Check out Tilt graphics “jungle theme”
They originally started out for Jurassic park. They ended up tweeking them for me to use on my Congo!

I used these as well and they came out amazing. Couldn't be happier with them.

#2466 2 years ago

I'll go take some in a few.

#2468 2 years ago

Completely forgot to take pictures this morning, sorry. If you want any more just let me know.

PXL_20211230_232715192.jpgPXL_20211230_232715192.jpgPXL_20211230_232721414.jpgPXL_20211230_232721414.jpgPXL_20211230_232735060.jpgPXL_20211230_232735060.jpg
4 months later
#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

1.The small center jump ramp, is pbc in Germany the only place to get a new one?

You can buy the set or any of the 3 individually. I have them and they look beautiful.
https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Congo-3-Ramp-Set

Quoted from Chosen_S:

2.Clear coating the playfield... does it make Congo too fast?

I installed a full playfield protector to help out on 2 spots that a previous owner/operator had used too long of a screw under the playfield. It plays just fine.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

3. Lower Playfield window... who has the best one?

This is the only place I could find that sold the clear window. Plenty of places had the green tinted one for creature.
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-congo-playfield-window.html

4 months later
#2517 1 year ago
Quoted from Asier:

Hi, do you have any protector between the miniplayfield plastic and the playfield?
Sometimes the ball doesn’t go straight and goes through the yellow line seen in the picture.
Apparently the mini playfield plastic seems well alligned with the playfield.[quoted image]

I use a playfield protector on mine. It was mostly to help with two playfield issues where a previous owner used under playfield screws that were too long. But it also provides a nice smooth surface over the window. Most people can't even see the playfield protector unless I point it out to them.

https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/0zL-YZt9wk6pL7cBDnY_3g?categoryid=22&category=Playfield%20Protectors&name=Congo%20%7C%201995

3 months later
#2544 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Thinking of joining the club. Anyone sell a turnkey volcano mod to help bring it to life? Would love something like #Mikespinball did.

I installed something like 4 fire bulbs in mine and it looks amazing.

#2549 1 year ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Where did you get them. Did you have to add sockets?

Yes, I added some 555 matrix sockets to the hex standoffs already under the volcano.

2 months later
#2569 11 months ago
Quoted from ParkRangerPinball:

Possible to remove the chrome rails on a Congo without damaging the side art?
I see it's just one n ail in the front, so was figuring the rest is glued on. My side art is in great shape, but was thinking of blacking out the chrome on the cabinet.

It's double sided tape, but yes it can be removed if you are careful. I replaced mine with brass rails and a lockdown bar.

1 month later
#2597 10 months ago
Quoted from ripit:

I have pinsound and a shaker but there is no file for the shaker

You can build your own though. I am currently in the process of doing that for my Baywatch.

1 month later
#2645 9 months ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

I think I figured out why I can't get the Midnight Madness feature to work on my machine. The clock resets to a different time every time it's shut off. All of my scores are saved however, but time / date is lost. Odd too as it does not reset to a default setting, it's completely different time/ date each time.

Running nvram instead of batteries?

#2647 9 months ago
Quoted from TheNecromancer:

I think I figured out why I can't get the Midnight Madness feature to work on my machine. The clock resets to a different time every time it's shut off. All of my scores are saved however, but time / date is lost. Odd too as it does not reset to a default setting, it's completely different time/ date each time.

For your reading pleasure:

https://mattsbasementarcade.com/product/ramtron1608nvramdip/

#2649 9 months ago
Quoted from BalkeBoy:

Thanks, BozoTheClown! Glad I passed on NVRAM and just went lithium batteries.

Lithium AA's is all I use with the exception of 1 or 2 aftermarket MPU's that came with NVRam installed. I personally find them easier to deal with.

#2652 9 months ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Just thought I’d ask again, if anyone knows:
Who sells a replacement Amy? 31-2523 I see that Marco has them but $170! Will be $200 once I ship it. Just looking for any alternative if there is one.
[quoted image]

This is cheaper if you can deal with the hassle of their shipping. Much more easily justified if you need more than just that one part. I bought a bunch of stuff from them when I had my machine apart. Was able to repair years of operator hacks on the lower playfield assembly with their help.

https://www.pinball.center/de/shop/flipperspezifisch/congo/9771/congo-gorilla-amy?c=0

What's wrong with yours?

#2654 9 months ago
Quoted from Luke_Nukem:

They advertise some very unique and hard to find parts and I would place a huge $$$ order EXCEPT! They no longer ship to the USA.....

They haven't shipped to the US in years. You would need to use Mailboxde.com as an intermediary. That's who I use and have never had an issue.

6 months later
#2717 72 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Anyone have any experience installing a playfield protector on this game? I'm considering getting one for my game.
https://www.playfield-protectors.com/Home/Details/0zL-YZt9wk6pL7cBDnY_3g?categoryid=22&category=-&name=Congo+%7c+1995
If anyone has any experience with this company's protectors and the installation process, I'd love to hear your experiences.

I have one on mine (and 1 other machine) to help smooth out a couple of playfield punctures from an operator using screws that were too long on the bottom of the playfield at some point. The game will probably play a touch faster than normal, but your average joe really can't tell the protector is there unless you are looking for it IMO.

#2720 71 days ago
Quoted from king_pin:

Did you install it yourself? If so, how difficult was it to install?

I was doing a full shop job anyways so it wasn't any extra work. If installing the playfield protector is the only job, then I would consider it an above average difficulty as most things on the playfield need to be temporarily removed. Ball guides and stuff is fine, but ramps, wireforms, the volcano, etc all have to be removed for it to drop in place.

1 month later
#2746 40 days ago

Generally lubricants are only going to attract dirt in pinball machines. I would take the assembly apart and figure out why its binding. Could be dirt thats already there, or there could be a metal burr that just needs to be filed down.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bozotheclown.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=bozotheclown and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.