Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#433 9 years ago

There should be a second stage to the switches. Either leaf switch or opto not working

Compare the left and right. You might need to swap the opto boards left and right for testing if that's what you have, or align them or replace an led / sensor

If leaf switches make sure you don't have a leaf broken off or it might be dirty or need adjustment

7 months later
#743 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mantis scoop, cliffys, leds, new window, newest rom version, shapeways protection

I believe the the last 2 versions of the roms had different bugs

I think the next to last gets a scrambled looking DMD screen only when it shows the top high scores during attract (I think only if you have it set to 4 high scores. not 1, 2, or 3. It's at my friends and he like to set it for 4 extra balls so that one screen looks wonky, but all others are OK. I originally thought it was corrupted memory or ROMs.)

The last ROM had some issue with Map awards VS Mulitball?

I any case I was advised by the person I got mine from to keep the ROM version that had the dmd glitch

#749 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I thought the 2.1 was the best one to use ? Ive never had any issues with it ? Theres a 2.0 and 1.1 also but any ive played had the 2.1

The newest rom does something like give you a map award when it should be a multiball that you earned...something like that

I'll try to remember to dig up the scoop on the roms

#754 8 years ago

Thanks for the post amendes !

FYI. I found my old data on the rom bugs

"* - There is a bug in the software (version 2.1) that awards Jungle Jackpot mode instead of Multiball that is indicated on the map.
Too bad because multiball would have added more variety since Jungle jackpot would have already been awarded two times before you got to this award."

So I guess you have to make a choice between the "bug" you prefer

I'd rather get the correct award in 2.0 game play as the fixes in 2.1 really aren't relevant or important to me.

3 months later
1 month later
#1048 8 years ago

goodbye?

7 months later
#1322 7 years ago

I've tried a couple different led flashers as the incandescent bulb melted the scoop over the years

White, red, yellow, ultraviolet led flashers...various brands and none of them acted any different than the incandescent.
Maybe there is a short going on?

2 months later
#1412 7 years ago
Quoted from Glarrownage:

For those of you who have replated your wireforms; did you brass or chrome them?

I had Michael Chestnut brass them. Looks great

#1413 7 years ago

My kick back when doing the skill shot used to almost always land in the mystery saucer....but alas rarely does now

Has anybody tried adjusting the lane guide or kickback switch wire to hit the saucer?

4 months later
#1521 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

I just got a Congo from a warehouse, untouched for last 16 years.
Pf is in great condition, im cleaning/working on it. Looking forward to get done with it, and start collecting some diamonds. Hippooooes

Looks like you have a round target in error at the satellite shots

2 weeks later
#1549 7 years ago

Where are those pinball covers obtained?

They look like beach towels, but I've never been able to find a Congo beach towel

1 week later
#1567 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

The plastic piece on my shooter rod snapped. I think I'm going to try replacing it with one of these "diamond" drawer pulls. It's only $.99, so if it's a failure I'm not out much.

I think your choice of "diamond" shape is better than the one on ebay

1 week later
#1572 6 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

So, an update on the "no sound during MATCH" issue. I upgraded to the 2.1 Rom and the MATCH sounds started working. Fine by me!

But there's a bug in 2.1 where you lose a multiball mode in error, I think as a map award

I stuck with 2.0 because of that

#1601 6 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

I saw that in the notes, but I upgraded from the 1.3 Game Rom that was in my game when I bought it to 2.1 with a new Rom from ThatPinballPlace.com. Where did you find a 2.0 Rom? I don't see that anywhere.

ipdb has the 2.0 download

7 months later
#1771 6 years ago
Quoted from brenna98:

Nooootttt Heeeelllpppful!!!
The idea behind the quake putty is it's removable with no residue or damage to any plastics. I'll have to see if it holds the trees vertical for an extended period of time.

Earthquake putty worked out great on my JP

1 year later
#2106 4 years ago

I'm not sure if I goofed up or not.
My Congo got LED'd with a kit from PinballBulbs.com awhile back.
Now I'm wondering if I should have gotten an OCD LED board and/or an OCD GI board.
The machine has been away from my house for a while (no space...how could that be?),
and with my bad memory I don't recall if there were dimming or flickering effects coded into Congo or not.

Thanks!

BobC

1 week later
#2115 4 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

The gi still works fine just doesn't dim. Totally different from being unplugged and not working.
Talk about a dumb comparison. I get it you like to spend extra money so you lights dim a bit.
With a larger collection it's not worth the waste of money for a bit of dimming.

What!? No alpha numeric display?

Actually I'm down to 6 pins from 16. But an going up to 7 or 8 wirh new Stern's. Trying to afford LEDs on the old pins. Color DMDs are a year or 2 away

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider bobc.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=bobc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.