Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yesh23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1905 5 years ago

I just picked up a Congo and the lower playfield had yellow led's in it. I did the rest of the game in Comet day lights. Curious what other folks have done? The yellow gives it a semi erie feeling but am I missing artwork without the day lights? Any other cool schemes that people have done? Please show

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i also lit the lower playfield GI with Comet frosted yellow/ambers and a purple each side at the rear (nearest the gorilla).
Also use GI OCD because Congo has some excessive GI dimming!

Do the purple add much by the gorilla? What does the GI OCD board actually do? I have Comet Daylight 2 way frosted in all the GI's

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I used comet frosted yellow bulbs in lower playfield. Last two sockets close to guerilla I used purple flex bulbs to shine right on guerilla. I also used sunlight for gi and really like how it looks.

Great idea using the flex bulbs. Do you have any pictures of how it looks?

#1911 5 years ago

One last question. When you lock the balls in the volcano and you start multi-ball does everyone's balls hit the top of the glass? Mine seem to hit the glass fairly hard and I didn't know if my coil was firing too hard or if that was common

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

[quoted image]

Looks great. I think you have me sold with the purple

1 week later
#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Your VUK is knackered! Specifically the top lip that slows & diverts the ball. Get the reinforced Mantis version.
https://mantispinball.com/product/congo-volcano-weldment/

It looks like the top of the lip is busted off. I couldn't find in the manual how the above assembly is installed but if I click on the link, it looks like it's straight up and down and doesn't have a lip in the picture.

IMG_3695 (resized).JPGIMG_3695 (resized).JPG
#1930 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the decals for each of the sides on the lower playfield?

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Planatary pinball but not cheap

I didn't seem to find it on Planetary's website, any other ideas?

#1941 5 years ago

Thank you Mitch for the find. Unfortunately they're out of stock right now

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Damn, sorry I didnt notice that. I'd send planatary pinball a email see of they are making more maybe?

Thank you, just sent email

2 weeks later
#1962 5 years ago

Plus 1 for inlane plastics

1 month later
#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

As some of you know, www.pinball.center/en/ (a German company) carries many of the plastics for Congo that are hard to obtain anywhere else. But for whatever reason, they do not ship to the U.S.
A pinsider in the UK, Pinhead1982, is willing to place an order for me and then ship them to me in the U.S. Please let me know in the next day or two if you would also like to order any of the plastics.
https://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=congo+plastic

I need a set of the inlane plastics and wonder how much

1 month later
#2018 5 years ago

Check out what Motobone just made for me to cover up the ugly metal guides. I had the decal that went over the metal but I felt it just looked cheap. I can't wait for the new plastics to arrive. It's going to be a great touch to such an amazing game. THANK YOU Matt!!!!!

image0000001001 (resized).jpgimage0000001001 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2023 5 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Ha- thanks for the kind words! Don't thank me until you get them lol!

Moto, THANK YOU so much. They look great on the game. I think they look twice as good in person than in the picture and they fit perfect. You may want to add one more diamond at the far left but I still love it without.

IMG_3946 (resized).JPGIMG_3946 (resized).JPG
6 months later
#2158 4 years ago

I have a buddy that makes these. They look amazing in person

1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
3 months later
#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

The more I play Congo the more I realize it has everything I could ever want in a table. If you had to choose one thing about Congo that is your favorite, what would it be?
For me, it’s the Skill Fire continuous shot after 100 diamonds.[quoted image]

The flow and combo shots with right flipper, then left.

9 months later
#2324 3 years ago

I just joined the club for the second time. I noticed when I hit the ramp a few times the diverter comes down and feeds the left inlane. When it stays down the coil hums, I assume this isn’t normal? What can be done? I didn’t remember my last one doing this. Also is there an adjustment that can be made where it comes down? It seems like my last machine, I’d need to hit the left ramp about 5 plus times before it’d cone down and now I believe it’s around 3

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

1. Make sure coil sleeve/plunger/linkage is not binding and moves freely.
2. Diverter is engaged when MAP is lit. Each shot to left ramp spells a letter in M-A-P. So beginning of a game should require 3 shots.

How long does the diverter stay down?

#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

Diverter stays engaged until the map sauce is hit.

Thank you!

#2330 3 years ago

What's up Congo club, I'm pinging the community because my friend (first time pinball owner) just snagged a congo and I'm looking for some help. My questions are below:
1) Does anyone happen to have a used, but fully-intact jump ramp they'd be willing to sell for a good deal? This machine is actually missing the jump ramp entirely! I've tried adjusting the deflector to better control how/where the ball drops after exiting, but I'd love to put the jump ramp back in there. I know they are sold new for $80, but my buddy is on a budget.

I just joined the club for the 2nd time. I didn’t notice in the ad that mine was missing the ramp until I got it home. The owner had a custom made wire form that did the same thing as the ramp. I’ll be getting the ramp to I’d sell the wire form. Hit me up if interested and I can shoot you pics

#2331 3 years ago

My new machine is missing the jump ramp (center ramp). Whomever had it before me added a wire form mounted to the 2-way deflector. I'm going to be adding the jump ramp back but my machine is missing the post that the ramp connects to. I couldn't find the exact part in the manual. It looks like there's 2 post that screws into the playfield. Does anyone know what these parts are?

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My new machine is missing the jump ramp (center ramp). Whomever had it before me added a wire form mounted to the 2-way deflector. I'm going to be adding the jump ramp back but my machine is missing the post that the ramp connects to. I couldn't find the exact part in the manual. It looks like there's 2 post that screws into the playfield. Does anyone know what these parts are?

Looking at pictures they are just hex post. Could someone measure the height of both post and confirm they are hex post

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

I think these are the two hex posts for the jump ramp. More shop out pictures with post measurements here if you need them, not my pics but found them in this thread.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you

1 year later
#2487 2 years ago

I have about 10 backback clip connectors that need replaced...Do I need to get them with, or without the diode?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Yesh23.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=Yesh23 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.