Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2 10 years ago

What is to talk about? Pretty much the best game EVER!!!!!

#5 10 years ago
Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

its too bad that not enough people appreciate congo

It is a relatively rare game and was apparently not popular back in the day when it came out. I have been told by some that were in the hobby that MANY congos were scrapped for parts.

My rough guess is that only 1600 are still alive today. I also have the general impression that about 50% typically went across the pond, which means there are probably less than 800 Congos in existence in the US.

That means, many pinheads have not even seen a congo and if they have they probably have not been fortunate enough to play a nice one.

Owning a congo is really a special club IMHO.

#15 10 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I was close to buying one last year but it ended up being in too rough shape for me. Didn't overly like it then but them more I play it the more I understand it has many a likable thing in it. Wouldn't mind owning one...although it might get played the less than the others.

based on your collection Congo would fit very nicely.

#16 10 years ago

I always joke that the movie was so bad that nobody knows of it >> thus the game is basically an unliscensed theme.

It is a very nice intermediate between quick vs. stop-n-go

#27 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

About that VUK at the back of the playfield.... Does the double divertor thing ever send it to the Gorilla or does it always shoot the ball to the ramp? Can't tell if that thing is functional or decorative.

The double diverter normally sends to the pops till you Spell A M Y with the top rollovers, then it starts the AMY mode and kicks backwards to the amy ramp. Another post pops up to hold the ball for a sec and a countdown timer starts where the goal is to get the ball back to amy. This is most easily done with the upper flipper. If you miss, then you still have time to hit the left orbit shot again and it will divert to amy again. Rinse and repeat to keeping getting the ball back to amy. Can score some big points with this mode.

#35 10 years ago

sorry, you don't own the game so we can't tell you...

#44 10 years ago
Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

beware of the callouts, there F@#ing annoying!

OK, you don't own the game, you started the 'club' thread, and now you want to bag on it...

sounds like someone is trolling

1 week later
#131 10 years ago

pinballninja is alive and well. Great site with weekly updates.

#133 10 years ago

I think you must pay a fee ($20 one time membership cost?) in order to be able to sign in to the site?

I do not remember Clay's email but I am sure someone else can send it to you. You can paypal him I think and then he grants access. Worth every penny!

1 month later
#158 10 years ago

in case anyone missed it, Cliffy protectors are now available for Congo. Hit him up and protect your games!

6 months later
#180 10 years ago

Congo is way better than FH IMHO. Go get it!

I think nice working Congos are 2500plus nowadays...

3 months later
#272 9 years ago

PPS remade the plastic set.

#275 9 years ago

At some point I will tear my game down and replace with new plastics. When that time comes I have that old plastic in good condition and can pass it along at that time (not sure you want to wait).

#277 9 years ago

yup, strange but correct. It concerned me at first also. Amazing it does not burn up.

6 months later
#401 9 years ago

sold out as soon as it was posted yesterday. Was gone in about 6 min?

#403 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Must of been made of Dimonds!

better... unobtanium.

probably very few NOS congo pfs around? someone sure got lucky.

#405 9 years ago
Quoted from paulohotline:

0ver 6.5 billion on Congo Virtua Pin! I had to stop playing to go to Jets hockey game, drained the last 5 balls!

image.jpg 159 KB

Maybe you should go start a virtual congo owners club to talk about it

#411 9 years ago

lol, actually Yes, I would kick out a fake titty chick.

2 months later
#486 9 years ago
Quoted from Tseamans:

Someone put an entire Congo conversion kit on eBay, just need a cabinet!

blurry pics and obviously a barn find, so seems priced pretty high for unknown condition. Temperature and humidity can cause havok on a playfiend over 20 years.

Last 2 kits I know of sold for 1500 or under in the past year (and honestly that seemed high to me)

#492 9 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

I bet somebody made an offer and bought it outright. I dunno, seemed pretty reasonable for a drop in replacement playfield. No swapping or anything.

1800 starting bid was WAY over what that should sell for. Still need cab, decals, boards, and a whole lot of work.

When you can find reasonably nice entire games for 3k, 1800 is not even close to realistic IMO.

#494 9 years ago

Yeah, problem is that a barn stored pf from the midwest is going to have lots of issues due to humidity and temperature fluctuations.

I have seen a few games from this era that were stored in non climate controlled settings and the end result is a game that may look nice but inserts will be lifting and chipping in no time without some added effort to correct issues from storage before they manifest in bigger blems.

#497 9 years ago

It was in a dusty barn in the photos and other machines could be seen. Seller apparently got a large arcade barn score and this was one of the few pinball related things.

#501 9 years ago

you mean like this one where is is sitting in a barn? on top of another machine? with an old dart board in the background?

Congo_barn find.JPGCongo_barn find.JPG

#504 9 years ago
Quoted from radrats:

Thought maybe you knew the guy IRL.

I do.

2 months later
#607 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

And now you can sell it. (Except for skill fire mode, which you probably haven't seen yet.)
That's my only disappointment with that machine...that it's so shallow. I got the super multi and super jackpot two days after I got it.
Still fun as hell, though.

set it up harder...

I have never even gotten 100 diamonds yet (actually nobody has on my game) and I am a decent player. Any game is pretty boring if it is set up too easy.

#610 9 years ago

It is possible I just suck also. I have made it to 80 diamonds a few times but that is about it.

3 months later
#690 8 years ago
Quoted from ryanwanger:

Joined the club a few weeks ago! Any suggestions for how to make the mystery scoop eject a little more consistent? I get a lot of STDM drains from it.

that should not happen at all. I would check to make sure it is facing the right direction and no stripped hole or loose kickback scoop thing

Quoted from ryanwanger:

I also need a new plastic for the area that divides the pops from the under the volcano shot, if anyone has one or knows where to get one.

the german pinball place used to have them as individuals. They are always broken. Pretty sure SWINKS made a shapeways that you can order to go under that plastic and protect/support it.

Putting it on route I assume? Let me know how it does?

2 weeks later
#712 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not going anywhere for less than that

aint that the truth!

Congo is bolted to the floor. One of those games that I never plan to part with (esp since they are harder and harder to find in good shape).

Congo is worth every bit of a straight up trade for IJ.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Im pondering the idea

I would only be pondering if it were straight up. Go put some time on a nice IJ and then go back home and play your nice Congo and see what your gut tells you.

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Any common failures to look for when I pick it up?

nothing major.

Check the gorilla lower pf to make sure it works. Check the vuk weldmelt where the volcanoe shoots the balls up as it can crack which then leads to volcanoe plastic cracking also.

Everything is fixable.

congrats on the pickup.

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Can the original be flame polished ?

take it out completely and clean it first. You may be surprised with how it cleans up

1 month later
#864 8 years ago

I Laughed!

Wamprat, I think your game must be set up WAY too easy for my liking. I have had many top 100 players on my game and GC is still only ~1.5 bil

#866 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

1.5 billion cmon!
Top 100 players can only get 1.5...wow.

yup. I like them set up tight and tough (with the glass still on )

Many top players and all have said how fun my congo is because I have it tuned in so nasty and fun. Very challenging and keeps you wanting to play more.

#873 8 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Congo is a great game but it is very easy to beat.

I hope to beat it some day!

I am not sure what "beating" it entails but assume that it is colelct 100 diamonds and the full MAP and defeat all grey gorrilas and video modes and collect at least 1 super jackpot in multi?

1 week later
#901 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

We can settle the difference in values with cash.

how much cash are you offering along with ACDC prem...

#904 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hehe.... I know we all here are Congo lovers, but to say that it's worth more than an AC/DC (or a TotAN), is just too much!!!!

it was sarcasm as I know the value of ACDC is more in secondary market...

That said you would have to pay me along with that crapy ACDC premium in order to get my congo. Congo is one of my favorites and ACDC is one of the worst games ever made.

JMHO

also, he is posting in the congo club thread. In this thread all games are inferior

1 week later
#934 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just realized that I've never posted my mind map here in the owner's thread (sorry for the cross-post).

Congo_mind_map.jpg

anyway to sharpen this up and make it is a readable size that can go in place of a rule card?

#953 8 years ago

I was told congo is getting closer along w 20 other titles all being worked on...

2 months later
#1034 8 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

Played me some Congo last night. I get some incredibly wonky ball roll from that lower playfield cover. Sometimes it'll completely change direction and drain SDTM. Can be frustrating as hell. Does that drive anyone else batty?

adjust your window height

1 week later
#1045 8 years ago

Fair warning to anyone considering purchase of the claimed HUO congo in appleton that is in classifieds, do yourself a favor and go see it in person before even considering purchase.

I bought from seller sight unseen in the past and the game was grossly misrepresented.

3 weeks later
#1069 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just bought this NOS been looking a long time

received_10153738256266348_(resized).jpeg

nice score!

Where did you find it?

4 months later
#1204 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Joined the club last night.

welcome. About time you finally got a good game

#1208 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Are you dissing Hardbody?
PS: I love my Hardbody. I think it should top the "bang for your buck" list. Is there a Hardbody owners club?

nah, Hardbody is by far your second best game.

#1213 7 years ago

looking at your colleciton I would sell ANY other game before Congo.

#1246 7 years ago
Quoted from multibrawlr:

What's a good price for a routed Congo? Today I might possibly pop in my local laser tag place if they still got their games for sale. It's been a while, though. Unrelated but I believe that they also have an NBA Fastbreak, No Fear and Star Wars Episode I.
If somehow it's still there after all these years, if I could get a good price for it I could give the game a cleaning and new cabinet decals. Would be a fun little project to learn a few tricks of the trade.

2500 is actually on the low end unless it needs lots of love.

Side note >> If the NBAFB is a reaosnable deal I may be interested.

#1248 7 years ago

that is a simple fix, esp since I have probably 5 spare DMDs laying around.

11 months later
3 weeks later
#1673 6 years ago

im in dudah

7 months later
#1807 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Was Congo originally produced with color or B&W cabinet decals? I've seen both but can't find the answer as to what's OEM.

original was color and look much better (assuming not faded to black and white, lol)!

Black and white was a kit version where you had a populated playfield and B&W decals to apply.

#1810 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd love to add color LEDs to all of my keepers, but they are decently expensive. Though if they ever did go on sale, I'd be very tempted to add them to FT, Congo, and TS.

I assume you meant colorDMD? If so, I agree.

I would probably buy 10 of them if they ran a sale sometime.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Whysnow.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=Whysnow and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.