Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#2361 3 years ago

Hello everyone. Wondering if someone can help me. I am just doing a playfield swap on my Congo. My mini playfield has really badly worn side decals.

Does anyone have a file of the decals that I could print out?

#2362 3 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

Hello everyone. Wondering if someone can help me. I am just doing a playfield swap on my Congo. My mini playfield has really badly worn side decals.
Does anyone have a file of the decals that I could print out?

Found one in the club thread.

#2367 3 years ago

Had a CaptainNeo cleared playfield under my bed for that past 5 or 6 years. Decided to swap out the playfield. Went reasonably well.

Still undecided on a green pop bumpers. Added the hippo. Lit up the volcano with a white strip and a red pop bumper ring. Had 2 white strips, but I could see one through the top of the volcano and had to unplug it.

The worst part, after the swap and cleaning my right ramp diverter was buzzing like crazy. I read it was common. I had never noticed it before. Swapped out every part mech, one by one, nothing worked until I swapped the coil. Now all is quiet.

I still need a Mantis volcano weldment and I want to do the crystal knob shooter rod.

0811F76C-A4B3-4C9E-928D-9B3DEFA6065A (resized).jpeg0811F76C-A4B3-4C9E-928D-9B3DEFA6065A (resized).jpeg3C5A3720-8637-4549-B519-DE9971A24412 (resized).jpeg3C5A3720-8637-4549-B519-DE9971A24412 (resized).jpeg577D9E0A-2D5D-425D-A30E-007A8FE14B3A (resized).jpeg577D9E0A-2D5D-425D-A30E-007A8FE14B3A (resized).jpeg
#2369 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Nice job, looks great!
I like your creativity on using the pop bumper ring around the volcano weldment. Never thought of using a pop bump ring like that before, I will have to keep this in mind when I am modding my next pin out.
Going to give you a little of a bad time on the pop bumpers color (green). I too got some flack back from other Congo owners on my color choice, which was purple! I was trying to match the same color as the inserts that are purple. I didn't even think about the pop bumper caps that are hippo's in water! So, I changed mine out to blue which is what everyone was saying. It was a pain in the ass to change them as I color match the skirts usually to the cap color and/or color of the pop bumper LED I am using. I did look at cool white first, but ended up with blue. Anyhow I would recommend changing the pop bumpers color to blue with some green in other areas. Have attached some pictures of mine so you can see. Also note: Amy is purple in these pictures, but has also been changed out to warm white as when was the last time you saw a grape ape?
[quoted image][quoted image]

Ya that blue is perfect. I’ll be changing it out.

2 weeks later
#2374 3 years ago

I don’t know what a pointer is. Maybe post a picture of it.

#2376 3 years ago
Quoted from Robotron2112:

exhibit a:
[quoted image]

That magnetic pickup tool should not be used anywhere in the machine. Pretty sure a someone just left it there by accident.

Where exactly is the ball getting hung up?

1 week later
1 month later
#2395 2 years ago

Took the idea from Mikespinball and changed my pop bumpers from green to blue. Also added a yellow light strip across the back of the playfield. Added star post lights to all the posts from the Volcano on down. All the ones in the pops, right side and slings.

055FE991-2FA3-4C04-81DD-1ACA234A2F69 (resized).jpeg055FE991-2FA3-4C04-81DD-1ACA234A2F69 (resized).jpeg
#2397 2 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

Looks amazing! Nice job.

I really want to add a light under the plastic above the upper flipper. Looks terrible being dark. Prob a small 3 led strip.

Also would like to get a new playfield window.

#2405 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

No but doesn’t look bad at all

Quoted from Brog319:

I have a request, but totally get it if no one is up for it, because it’s kind of a big ask.
I’ve been searching for a replacement 2-way deflector and no one sells them. So, I reached out to Kerry at Mantis and he said if someone could send him one to look at he would see if it’s something he could make, and if so, he would make a run of them.
I’ve seen other posts from fellow Congo owners searching for the same part, so I think there would be a bit of demand for them now and would be good for all to know they are available in the future.
Anyway, now for the ask. The one on my machine is a homemade attempt at the original, so I unfortunately don’t have one to send to Kerry for him to look at.
If anyone would be willing to ship theirs to him, I would be happy to take care of all of the shipping costs. And if it’s something he can make, then I’d also pay for a spare one for the kind person that’s willing to help me (and I’m sure others) get the part I/we need.
Kerry sent me his mailing address, so please message me if you’re willing to help and we can make arrangements with him.
Thanks
Brian
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10320

Quoted from Brog319:

I have a request, but totally get it if no one is up for it, because it’s kind of a big ask.
I’ve been searching for a replacement 2-way deflector and no one sells them. So, I reached out to Kerry at Mantis and he said if someone could send him one to look at he would see if it’s something he could make, and if so, he would make a run of them.
I’ve seen other posts from fellow Congo owners searching for the same part, so I think there would be a bit of demand for them now and would be good for all to know they are available in the future.
Anyway, now for the ask. The one on my machine is a homemade attempt at the original, so I unfortunately don’t have one to send to Kerry for him to look at.
If anyone would be willing to ship theirs to him, I would be happy to take care of all of the shipping costs. And if it’s something he can make, then I’d also pay for a spare one for the kind person that’s willing to help me (and I’m sure others) get the part I/we need.
Kerry sent me his mailing address, so please message me if you’re willing to help and we can make arrangements with him.
Thanks
Brian
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10320

My spare piece has a busted off bottom. I don’t have the piece.

0F22258E-FCC3-4BA3-ABF7-78AA9BA5A1EA (resized).jpeg0F22258E-FCC3-4BA3-ABF7-78AA9BA5A1EA (resized).jpeg
7 months later
#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from ELA:

Funny to see it's even a wrong insert panel. You might be right any panel from this era games might do.
Though it's very hard to find a panel. I did a search at the internet. There is really nothing to get.
Let's see whether I can beef up the current panel. The picture you sent, is really helpful.
The rest of the game is in a good condition. PF is completely undamaged. No broken plastics.

Just convert to older wpc style wooden light board on hinges. You can use led strips or your own bulb configuration.

8 months later
#2508 1 year ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Can I ask those of you that have Pin2dmd's fitted to your Congo who you brought the colour files from and is this a good game to fit it to? I have a couple of displays and am trying to decide which games to fit them to. Thanks.

The color file is not good for Congo. I have my pin2dmd set to mono green for Congo. I turned off the color file.

Put the display in one of your other games.

6 months later
#2562 1 year ago
Quoted from PinHead25:

Curious, has anyone thought of doing a code revision through proc, like cactus canyon continued, and making the game more of a “mode based” game. Maybe you qualify the modes through collecting enough diamonds or completing gray. Feel it would greatly improve gameplay if you were able to play through scenes of the movie. Would definitely tackle this project if I had the time and knowledge to do it.

Some modes would be such a welcome addition to the game. Qualified by diamonds is good idea. Maybe hippo mania mode after so many Hippos collected.

1 month later
#2582 11 months ago
Quoted from CashMoney:

I’ve never heard that callout and I’m on the latest version of ROMs.

Never heard that quote either.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider Stebel.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only?tu=Stebel and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.