Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 56.
#351 9 years ago

Had a marathon game yesterday, maybe the beers helped.
3 ball factory settings.

001.JPG001.JPG
002.JPG002.JPG

#352 9 years ago

...and there goes another person I now hate.

#353 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Had a marathon game yesterday, maybe the beers helped.
3 ball factory settings.

001.JPG 222 KB

002.JPG 184 KB

yes beelzeboob know that feeling , I doubt I will ever hit that Wamprat and you've only had it for 3 days.

#354 9 years ago

I just got lucky, that's all.
It is a very enjoyable game that's for sure and I am stoked to have finally grabbed one. I love the volcano shot.

2 weeks later
#355 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

The green color dmd looks the goods.
Another mod I will have to add down the track for sure.

yep the green dmd definately suits this game. nice one.

#356 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Is this the same Congo? Yep! Sho' nuff is!
New powdercoated armor, translite, topper, blinky airplane thingy, LEDs and GI, Gorilla PF and window, FF sound system, PDI glass, superbands, plastics, ramps, shaker motor (because, really, shouldn't the machine shake like a bitch when that volcano goes off???), mirror blades, recolored cabinet and probably about 10 other things I've forgotten. I think I put about 2k into it. Will I get my money back? Hell, no. Do I care? Hell, no. Great game!!!
Before:

After:

CG1.jpg 91 KB

CG4.jpg 109 KB

photo 2.JPG 35 KB

photo 3.JPG 59 KB

very nice indeed. wheres that alt. translite got ?
love the plane mod. expensive, but nice touch that looks great. better than a plastic sitting there.

#357 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

love the plane mod. expensive, but nice touch that looks great. better than a plastic sitting there.

PM me if you want the guy's email address. Not sure he wants me spreading that around on a forum.

#358 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

I used the silver DC-3 plane mod that the person makes for Twilight zone. It looks good on Congo, matches the plane in the movie and has the lighted cabin and red/green wingtip LEDs in it.

#359 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I used the silver DC-3 plane mod that the person makes for Twilight Zone. It looks good on Congo, matches the plane in the movie and has the lighted cabin and red/green wingtip LEDs in it.

cool, do you have a link please

#360 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I used the silver DC-3 plane mod that the person makes for Twilight Zone. It looks good on Congo, matches the plane in the movie and has the lighted cabin and red/green wingtip LEDs in it.

how different is that to the one from PDI? expensive, but i really like it, and adds a nice touch. nice quality too.

#361 9 years ago

I will take some pictures and see if I can find the link. It has been a few years since I got it. The wingtip LEDs are tied to the Green MAP inserts in front of the left ramp.

#362 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

how different is that to the one from PDI? expensive, but i really like it, and adds a nice touch. nice quality too.

What I love about the PDI plane is that the fuselage has "Trudeau" written in 50s-style script on the side. Nice touch!

#363 9 years ago

GREAT NEWS FOR CONGO OWNERS... The Square drive assembly for the Gray Gorilla underplayfield is now available from Kerry Stair @ Mantis Amusements (http://www.mantisamusements.com/congo.htm). This assembly is frequently broken because of the poor design with the shaft being pressed fitted into the flat drive plate. See Clay Harrell's excellent video/tuturial on his Pinball Ninja site on repair of the Gray Gorrilla drive shaft for more information. Clay mentions the square drive is probably the weakest element of the design. It took several months but Kerry used my old assembly as a model to design and to fabricate a new one that is made of stainless steel that has the shaft welded into the plate. Because it is SS and welded, it is much tougher than the original and should last much longer including the square drive not becoming rounded off. No more sloppy motion in the assembly because of loose shaft or worn square drive shaft. Thanks to Kerry for coming through again for the hobby.. Here are a few pictures of my new assembly before I install in my Congo.

Congo Gorilla Square Drive Assembly2.jpgCongo Gorilla Square Drive Assembly2.jpg

Congo Gorilla Square Drive Assembly.jpgCongo Gorilla Square Drive Assembly.jpg

#364 9 years ago

Picked her up on Saturday.

Congo home 1.jpegCongo home 1.jpeg

#365 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Congo home 1.jpeg 208 KB

nice !

#366 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Congo home 1.jpeg 208 KB

What I like about this setup is that you can eat your dinner and play pinball at the same time.

#367 9 years ago

Major props to Mantis Amusements for that grey gorilla part. Awesome work.

#368 9 years ago

The Congo Yellow Bumper Pads (23-6702-6) for the ramps are now available from http://www.Leesparts.com under misc parts or order page. Thank you!
CongoBumper.jpgCongoBumper.jpg

#369 9 years ago

Actively trying to join this club. If anyone knows of one for sale let me know. Have the cash on hand now

#370 9 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

The Congo Yellow Bumper Pads (23-6702-6) for the ramps are now available from http://www.Leesparts.com under misc parts or order page. Thank you!

CongoBumper.jpg 45 KB

Those look very nice! They don't look like the always "sticky" yellow ones that get dirty on my game.

#371 9 years ago

[email protected] just ordered the square drive assembly never know when it may come in handy. Kerry thanks again Tom T.

#372 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

Congo home 1.jpeg 208 KB

nice ! how much ???

#373 9 years ago

I have an alt trans that came with my game. I think I like the org better.

$40 for pickup at expo or $50 shipped in the us.

image-882.jpgimage-882.jpg image-347.jpgimage-347.jpg
#374 9 years ago
Quoted from Wamprat:

Picked mine up yesterday, been chasing one for quite awhile now.
Loving the game, it's a pretty easy game but it is a lot of fun.

I do have a issue with the volcano.
On my game almost every time a ball is ejected from the volcano it overshoots the ramps and hits the pf.
Not sure what might be causing it, maybe the coil is too strong?

congo 007.JPG 165 KB

The volcano on my game was doing the same thing. I added a small piece of weather stripping (1.5 cm x 1.5 cm) at the top of the volcano to slow it down. So far all of the shots from the volcano have landed on the volcano ramp. That's about twenty times in a row

#375 9 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

What I like about this setup is that you can eat your dinner and play pinball at the same time.

It's all about convenience.

#376 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

The volcano on my game was doing the same thing. I added a small piece of weather stripping (1.5 cm x 1.5 cm) at the top of the volcano to slow it down. So far all of the shots from the volcano have landed on the volcano ramp. That's about twenty times in a row

I would also suggest looking into the base reinforcement piece someone developed and showed on the previous page. Let me know if you need any help on yours!

#377 9 years ago
Quoted from mulder2010:

I wrote and advised wamprat and suggested it could be the flap at the top of the chute could be bent up diverting the ball more out and within a few days his diverter snapped off. So the pounding of the ball up through the vuk hitting the plate will weaken the original chute diverter plate. A new one is available from mantis which is reinforced.

As for the base reinforcement base, that was my little creation to aid my chute and strengthen and support the chute instead of weakening the 3 base mounting points.

#378 9 years ago

whoever has done pinball bulbs volcano led mod, where'd you place your led controller. or if u can share some pics whatever. thanks.

oh yes, i think after seeing the alt. translite, i may prefer the original as well.

#379 9 years ago

I have both translites and thinking of going back to using the original as well

#380 9 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I wrote and advised wamprat and suggested it could be the flap at the top of the chute could be bent up diverting the ball more out and within a few days his diverter snapped off. So the pounding of the ball up through the vuk hitting the plate will weaken the original chute diverter plate. A new one is available from mantis which is reinforced.
As for the base reinforcement base, that was my little creation to aid my chute and strengthen and support the chute instead of weakening the 3 base mounting points.

Yep, the mantis chute is on the way and I also got the base reinforcement from Swinks.

#381 9 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

[email protected] just ordered the square drive assembly never know when it may come in handy. Kerry thanks again Tom T.

Kerry is not on Pinside he told me, so he probably is not seeing your thank you post. You could always e-mail him direct at: [email protected]

#382 9 years ago
Quoted from Chet:

I will take some pictures and see if I can find the link. It has been a few years since I got it. The wingtip LEDs are tied to the Green MAP inserts in front of the left ramp.

Here is a picture of the silver DC-3 that was made for TZ. It has the orange fuselage strip and orange stripped engine Nacelles but not the Trudeau signature. the LEDs flash alternately in Attract mode and are tied to the green MAP inserts infront of the left ramp. When you make a ramp shot, one of the LEDS will stay lit, make a second ramp shot and the other will stay lit until you make three shots to light the scoop shot.

CONGO DC-3.jpgCONGO DC-3.jpg

#383 9 years ago

My Congo before and after. The new decals look awesome I reckon.

Just need a new coindoor now.

IMG_2299.JPGIMG_2299.JPG IMG_2303.JPGIMG_2303.JPG IMG_2305.JPGIMG_2305.JPG IMG_2308.JPGIMG_2308.JPG
#384 9 years ago

Just received the new Gorilla Square Drive bracket from Mantis Amusements. It is missing the slot for the E clip. Kerry is going to correct it.

#385 9 years ago

Good day Congoers. I need a printed decal for the lower pf of the Congo logo including the plane. Does anyone know where i can buy one? I was sent a file once but didn't have the means to print it or correct the size. Maybe if i get one already sized i can take it to a print shop. Please let me know. Thank you.

#386 9 years ago

I've got two decals for the left side of the lower playfield. Didn't realize I still had them. Should have went with my game that was sold to Pinlawyer (Greg Davis). Anybody know who owns that game now?

#387 9 years ago
Quoted from MnHotRod:

I've got two decals for the left side of the lower playfield. Didn't realize I still had them. Should have went with my game that was sold to Pinlawyer (Greg Davis). Anybody know who owns that game now?

Can you scan them please? These are apparently unobtanium and the only scan is low quality.

#388 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

My Congo before and after. The new decals look awesome I reckon.
Just need a new coindoor now.

IMG_2299.JPG 137 KB

IMG_2303.JPG 132 KB

IMG_2305.JPG 126 KB

IMG_2308.JPG 176 KB

very nice, are those the inlane decals from treasurecove? i got some coming in.

#389 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Can you scan them please? These are apparently unobtanium and the only scan is low quality.

I didn't realize they made them out of unobtanium anymore. That stuff was supposed to be radioactive. I'd PM Pinlawyer and see if he'll tell you who he sold to, or if he'll PM the person with the machine for you.

#390 9 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Good day Congoers. I need a printed decal for the lower pf of the Congo logo including the plane. Does anyone know where i can buy one? I was sent a file once but didn't have the means to print it or correct the size. Maybe if i get one already sized i can take it to a print shop. Please let me know. Thank you.

I'd be intersted in this as well...

#391 9 years ago
Quoted from ledge:

very nice, are those the inlane decals from treasurecove? i got some coming in.

Yes they are. Good simple mod that improves the look I think.

#392 9 years ago
Quoted from Hashman:

Yes they are. Good simple mod that improves the look I think.

definately.

#393 9 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I scanned mine at 300dpi years ago; I'll see if I still have the scans. I actually left the sides of the lower playfield bare black, and have not missed the decals at all.

#394 9 years ago

Here is a scan and touched up scan of the lower playfield sides I got from my friend.

SCN_0001 - orig_fixing_FINAL_for PRINT_256bit_v4_used for game.jpgSCN_0001 - orig_fixing_FINAL_for PRINT_256bit_v4_used for game.jpg
#395 9 years ago

who does cool congo cards? thanks.

#396 9 years ago

This is a protector that is not seen once installed and sits under the plastic that sits under the jump ramp. The jump ramp plastic is one that is commonly broken due to the ball being flipped from the mid playfield lhs flipper when shooting under the volcano when the ball catches a little air and knock the plastic probably at it's thinnest and weakest point.

The protector plastic is one that has a few features designed in to protect the congo plastic, including a cut out around the front scoop so not to stress the congo plastic and crack it from bending up, and it has 2 drop down reinforcement sections that sit either side of the SS ball diverter piece which keep both plastics straight and to reduce twist stress on the 2 only mounting points. On the playfield side the drop down extends out to support all the plastic and is scalloped to allow a ball to still pass through but strengthens up this weak point if there is a impact. The protector plastic also has 2 holes cut out allowing light to shine through and light up the gorillas faces. Lastly at the back of the plastic is a mini post so you have 2 options on install: 1 is to mount the mini post to the congo plastic as usual and the protector plastic has a recess so everything still sits flush or you install the screw through the protector plastic and the congo plastic and tighten the mini post - which firms up the congo plastic and protector plastic now securing at 3 points instead of 2 and reduces the risk of cracking.

It must be noted that the part was to big to qualify for the polished finish so a matt / grainy finish is only available but since it is not seen this won't be a issue. This has been test printed and fitted using a 3D home printer and the Shapeways option will look better.

http://www.shapeways.com/search?q=congo+pinball

photo 1 - typical broken plastic
P1060480.jpgP1060480.jpg

photo 2 - no plastic
P1070728.jpgP1070728.jpg

photo 3 - protector in place
P1070738.jpgP1070738.jpg

photo 4 - congo plastic in place
P1070740.jpgP1070740.jpg

photo 5 - under support
P1070741.jpgP1070741.jpg

#397 9 years ago

Looks great Swinks. I see on Shapeways that they offer it in Black or White. Is there a yellow option? if not which do you recommend? Thank you!

#398 9 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Looks great Swinks. I see on Shapeways that they offer it in Black or White. Is there a yellow option? if not which do you recommend? Thank you!

I really wanted to offer yellow, orange and green but they are all polished plastic and the design is too big for there polishing machine so I couldn't offer it - sorry. It wouldn't really matter as it is relatively unseen but I would go for the black as you do see the edge around the target so at least it blends in with the above plastic. Black is dearer as they add a dyeing process to change the white plastic to black.

Hope that helps, and if Shapeways ever offers larger part polishing I will open up the other colours but I wouldn't hold your breathe for that option for a while.

#399 9 years ago
Quoted from leesparts:

Mine came with the green in the GI so I rolled with it for now. Had a bunch of other things to get working first. What are other people using? I have a few of both Frosted warm and cool, might experiment when I get a chance.

I did throw some blue under Amy, and a red under the trav con plastic and volcano.

ive kept with the majority of the GI in the frosted green. i did have a 4smd green behind amy, but it looks a bit green heavy, especially with a pinballbulbs green led strip at the back. ill slip a 4smd blue back behind amy or maybe a white, and mix it up a bit.

anyone using the xpin green display ?

3 weeks later
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 8 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/8?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.