Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 56.
#2451 2 years ago

Looks amazing! Welcome to the club. Now go find some diamonds.

4 weeks later
#2452 2 years ago

Hi Congo owners, Where do you get the plastics at the out lanes. Mine has just metal as many seem to have.Thanks

#2454 2 years ago

Zigzagzag
Just wondering if you have used those plastics on your machine and how the color match is compared to the others originally. Does it blend right in or stand out because I to have the metal ones
Thanks for your input

#2455 2 years ago

I think they are OK, but then again I'm not the most picky person when it comes to colour matching.

F-cKoXIA (resized).jpegF-cKoXIA (resized).jpeg
#2456 2 years ago

I looked around quite a bit trying to decide what I wanted to do at the in lanes. Here is what I did. I used plastics from William's Indiana Jones. The left one is a direct replacement. It's a little long, but I feel looks good. The right one was a bigger project. I still used IJ plastics, but a number of them cut to fit, but again feel turned out great. Hope this helps with your decision.

20190802_084229 (resized).jpg20190802_084229 (resized).jpg20190802_084234 (resized).jpg20190802_084234 (resized).jpg20190802_084238 (resized).jpg20190802_084238 (resized).jpg20190802_084247 (resized).jpg20190802_084247 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#2457 2 years ago

Finally found myself one after years for looking…..and it was only 11 miles from my house. What a fun pin! I love the theme and had never played one before I bought this. Fortunately it was a great as I hoped it would be.

574F7C2D-59F6-4BA9-9D7F-9632287A7C67 (resized).jpeg574F7C2D-59F6-4BA9-9D7F-9632287A7C67 (resized).jpeg
#2458 2 years ago

Looking for one to restore if anyone has any leads. Thanks Mike

#2459 2 years ago

Ok guys thanks for the info and pics
Both of the plastic mods look good and blend nicely

3 weeks later
#2460 2 years ago

I think I want to add some art side blades. What are others using?

#2461 2 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I think I want to add some art side blades. What are others using?

Check out Tilt graphics “jungle theme”
They originally started out for Jurassic park. They ended up tweeking them for me to use on my Congo!

#2462 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

They originally started out for Jurassic park. They ended up tweeking them for me to use on my Congo!

I used these as well and they came out amazing. Couldn't be happier with them.

#2463 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Quoted from BozoTheClown:

I used these as well and they came out amazing. Couldn't be happier with them.

Pics or it didn’t happen

#2464 2 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Pics or it didn’t happen

24CA3ADB-DFE6-4915-A4A7-D76973EF0251 (resized).png24CA3ADB-DFE6-4915-A4A7-D76973EF0251 (resized).png
#2465 2 years ago

#2466 2 years ago

I'll go take some in a few.

#2467 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Of the options out there I think I like them the best.

My machine is a reimport that had a lot of shoddy repairs. The upper flipper bracket was replaced and never modified and resulted in gouging the left side pretty badly. Time to cover it up.

Thanks for the responses.

#2468 2 years ago

Completely forgot to take pictures this morning, sorry. If you want any more just let me know.

PXL_20211230_232715192.jpgPXL_20211230_232715192.jpgPXL_20211230_232721414.jpgPXL_20211230_232721414.jpgPXL_20211230_232735060.jpgPXL_20211230_232735060.jpg
#2469 2 years ago

I acquired a Congo almost twenty years ago as part of a package of various games.
Finally I find the time to start shopping. The playfield and ramps are still in a good condition, though very dirty.
Really looking forward to play my first game on it.

Unfortunately part of the Backbox Insert Panel has deformed by heating. I've searched on the Internet whether I could buy a new one. Negative. Unfortunately they are sold out already quite a while ago.

Who can help?

Thanks,
Erik

Congo1 (resized).jpgCongo1 (resized).jpgCongo2 (resized).jpgCongo2 (resized).jpgCongo3 (resized).jpgCongo3 (resized).jpg
#2470 2 years ago

That does not even look like a the correct Congo part. It should have a vertical line of lights on the left side:

https://www.ipdb.org/images/3780/image-20.jpg

You should be able to use just about any insert panel from this era games. You can drill extra holes where needed.

#2471 2 years ago

Funny to see it's even a wrong insert panel. You might be right any panel from this era games might do.
Though it's very hard to find a panel. I did a search at the internet. There is really nothing to get.
Let's see whether I can beef up the current panel. The picture you sent, is really helpful.

The rest of the game is in a good condition. PF is completely undamaged. No broken plastics.

#2472 2 years ago
Quoted from ELA:

Funny to see it's even a wrong insert panel. You might be right any panel from this era games might do.
Though it's very hard to find a panel. I did a search at the internet. There is really nothing to get.
Let's see whether I can beef up the current panel. The picture you sent, is really helpful.
The rest of the game is in a good condition. PF is completely undamaged. No broken plastics.

Just convert to older wpc style wooden light board on hinges. You can use led strips or your own bulb configuration.

#2473 2 years ago

I’m not much for buying frivolous stuff for others at Xmas. Instead I buy frivolous stuff for myself.

Congo got a new toy. I’ll post pics once I figure out the mounting.

52837A16-C860-4D8C-BF0A-5EE0E40438B2 (resized).jpeg52837A16-C860-4D8C-BF0A-5EE0E40438B2 (resized).jpeg
#2474 2 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I’m not much for buying frivolous stuff for others at Xmas. Instead I buy frivolous stuff for myself.
Congo got a new toy. I’ll post pics once I figure out the mounting.
[quoted image]

The airplane looks nice. Does it have any lights on it?

Gord

#2475 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The airplane looks nice. Does it have any lights on it?
Gord

no it's cast steel, I've just always wanted to replace the plastic plane

#2476 2 years ago

Hello, I recently acquired a Congo and I’m getting a lot of vibrations/buzzing from the GRAY up post near Amy. It’s very loud like gears grinding. I’ve checked connectors and swapped the coil but it’s still doing it. Any suggestions from the owners group? Suggestions appreciated. Thanks!

#2477 2 years ago

The power to the coil is duty cycled (pulse-width modulation) to reduce the chance of it overheating. The buzzing is normal and expected. With the glass on, it's much less noticeable. You still should make sure all of the parts of the up post are correctly assembled to minimize the buzzing.

#2478 2 years ago
Quoted from jackbot:

The power to the coil is duty cycled (pulse-width modulation) to reduce the chance of it overheating. The buzzing is normal and expected. With the glass on, it's much less noticeable. You still should make sure all of the parts of the up post are correctly assembled to minimize the buzzing.

Understood, but this is REALLY loud. Did you watch the video? Yes the glass is off, but you can hear how it’s drowning out the music/sounds. I’ve played a few Congos in the past and have never heard anything like this before.

#2479 2 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

Understood, but this is REALLY loud. Did you watch the video? Yes the glass is off, but you can hear how it’s drowning out the music/sounds. I’ve played a few Congos in the past and have never heard anything like this before.

Your correct. This is not how it’s supposed to be. Unfortunately I’m not sure how to resolve this.

#2480 2 years ago
Quoted from Marty_Graw77:

That sounds like the post is "chattering" under normal AC frequency (60 Hz). Looking at the diagram in the manual (page 2-25) it looks like the spring might be the issue if it is there to suppress the vibration.
Does your mechanism look like the one in the manual, including the spring?
Try activating the post during a test, with the playfield up. Push / poke the post and see if that stops the noise - not a cure, but you might learn what is causing it.

1 week later
#2481 2 years ago

I got my DC3 model installed in Congo

4E101813-BC60-4673-8AAB-AB34B86ED056 (resized).jpeg4E101813-BC60-4673-8AAB-AB34B86ED056 (resized).jpeg55B1D4D8-878D-4754-80B0-585E99C8B74C (resized).jpeg55B1D4D8-878D-4754-80B0-585E99C8B74C (resized).jpeg
#2482 2 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

I got my DC3 model installed in Congo
[quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good! How do I get one?

#2483 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Looks good! How do I get one?

It is the Air Lingus DC-3 model made by Herpa. They make a few other DC-3 models also. The Scale is 1/200. They make a 1/144 scale but I felt that would be too big.

After cutting the plastic I drilled a few holes and used monofilament line to attach. You can not see it in the pics.

I did the hippo a few years ago.

1 week later
#2484 2 years ago

Just joined the club with a wonderful congo.

Two questions

1- I seem to be unable to get volume below 8? Is there a limiter that I need to turn off

2-the sounds/music that come on during attract mode is annoying. Can turn it off?

20220201_162104 (resized).jpg20220201_162104 (resized).jpg
#2485 2 years ago
Quoted from Jeffswack:

Just joined the club with a wonderful congo.
Two questions
1- I seem to be unable to get volume below 8? Is there a limiter that I need to turn off
2-the sounds/music that come on during attract mode is annoying. Can turn it off?
[quoted image]

Yes, all this is possible.
You can find the manual here : https://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3780
It describes how to adjust the settings you are after and much more

1 week later
#2486 2 years ago

Is the "perimeter defence" target also a ball saver?
I had a left side drain directly from it and the game put a ball into the shooter lane.

1 week later
#2487 2 years ago

I have about 10 backback clip connectors that need replaced...Do I need to get them with, or without the diode?

1 month later
#2488 2 years ago

Couple questions for Congo owners, any help is appreciated.

1. Is there one way gate for this game that can be purchased somewhere? My game has the actuator coil but is missing the gate and spring that connects them. It's the one closest to the volcano. Parts number from the manual matches up with this but I asked Pinball Life and they said it wasn't compatible. https://www.pinballlife.com/controlled-ball-gate-assembly-left.html

2. The ball popper that directs it to the jump ramp is no longer working. The switch is fine and detects the ball but it never activates the coil. Ball search releases it but its the other up popper that sends it back to Amy. So one works and one no longer does. Does this sound like a board or coil issue?

Thanks!

#2489 2 years ago

Jumper a wire (hot to hot and ground to ground) from the working coil to the suspect coil and trigger the working coil. If the suspect coil fires along with the known good coil, you either have a board problem (most likely a bad transistor) or a broken wire or bad connector. If the coil does not fire, you may have a bad coil.

2 weeks later
2 weeks later
#2491 1 year ago

Hippo’s!
About time to totally shop my machine again;
A couple questions...

1.The small center jump ramp, is pbc in Germany the only place to get a new one?

2.Clear coating the playfield... does it make Congo too fast?

3. Lower Playfield window... who has the best one?

4. Titan rubber... what’s the best color on Congo?

#2492 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hippo’s!
A couple questions...
1.The small center jump ramp, is pbc in Germany the only place to get a new one?

I have clearcoated mine and find it plays just right

I ordered the right hand ramp from free-play.se, maybe they have what you need ?

2021-10-10 13.42.56 (resized).jpg2021-10-10 13.42.56 (resized).jpg
#2493 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

You can buy the set or any of the 3 individually. I have them and they look beautiful.
https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Congo-3-Ramp-Set

Quoted from Chosen_S:

I installed a full playfield protector to help out on 2 spots that a previous owner/operator had used too long of a screw under the playfield. It plays just fine.

Quoted from Chosen_S:

This is the only place I could find that sold the clear window. Plenty of places had the green tinted one for creature.
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-congo-playfield-window.html

#2494 1 year ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

You can buy the set or any of the 3 individually. I have them and they look beautiful.
https://www.starship-fantasy.com/ramps/Congo-3-Ramp-Set

I installed a full playfield protector to help out on 2 spots that a previous owner/operator had used too long of a screw under the playfield. It plays just fine.

This is the only place I could find that sold the clear window. Plenty of places had the green tinted one for creature.
https://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/creature-from-the-black-lagoon-congo-playfield-window.html

Thank you, I appreciate you responding to all of this

Quoted from Zigzagzag:

I have clearcoated mine and find it plays just right
I ordered the right hand ramp from free-play.se, maybe they have what you need ?
[quoted image]

Thank you, looks amazing too!

#2495 1 year ago

Checking again to see if anyone knows where I can buy a controlled ball gate for this game. There are two used on the playfield and mine is missing the one closest to the volcano. The coil is there just missing the gate and the spring that attaches them. I believe the parts number from the manual matches up with this one. Can anyone confirm whether this one would work or not? Thanks!
https://www.pinballlife.com/controlled-ball-gate-assembly-left.html

#2496 1 year ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Hippo’s!
A couple questions...

1) I buy all my replacement ramps from Starship Fantasy. Their replacement ramps are of great quality and easy to install.
2) I clear coated my playfield many years ago and plays fast and fun.
3) I bought the lower window from Pinball Decals, but they are out of stock now. Would recommend Ministry of Pinball as it appears they have it in stock.
4) I didn't do Titan rubber, but green/yellow mix I think would look great. Its your machine get creative!
Note the picture I posted "Amy" is no longer purple, but warm white.

20190825_122747 (resized).jpg20190825_122747 (resized).jpg
#2497 1 year ago

I’ve got yellow Titans on my Congo but I think I’ve seen one with orange that looks amazing.

#2498 1 year ago

You guys are awesome, thank you

1 month later
#2499 1 year ago

Anyone know where to get the inlane decals? Treasure cove used to sell them, but is there anyone else making them? Thanks Mike

#2500 1 year ago
Quoted from twinmice:

Anyone know where to get the inlane decals? Treasure cove used to sell them, but is there anyone else making them? Thanks Mike

Pm sent

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 37.50
Boards
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 50 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/50?hl=jeffswack and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.