Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 56.
#201 10 years ago

I believe Congo ended up being the game in the championship as well. Looked very nice with the green DMD in it.

#202 10 years ago

I noticed that. I saw some of it live but will have to catch the rest on the PAPA TV YouTube channel. Good news is that there'll be lots of good Congo gameplay footage to watch now.

#203 10 years ago

Several of the finalists had killer games during he finals, super-multiballs, super jackpots, Jungle jackpot and Skill fire rounds, video modes and lots of combos. I was surprised more of the players either did not know about it and or did not go for the superskill shot on the ball plunge since you can do it over and over till you hit the outlane if you don't hit any score switches on the initial plunge. It will be fun to watch the youtube/papa TV recordings for sure. Nice glowing/fading red LED lighting under the volcano also. Congo would be killer with a full Color DMD with the volcano erupting, jungle shots, gorilla, and the video mode would be really cool,etc. Doubt that will be done though because of low production numbers on the game but it would be cool i think.

#204 10 years ago

Joined the club on Saturday. A previous owner put decals on the stand-ups. I'm not a big fan of decals on targets, so I removed them noticing that the Travi Com targets are red and not yellow as original like I prefer. It didn't come with a manual so I can't look up the part number. I did a general search in the parts vendors that I'm aware of with no luck. Could someone look up that number for a new club member? I have a feeling that these targets are going to be a tough find. Kind of like locating an original manual. Hint hint. TIA. Scott.

#205 10 years ago

Congrats on the pickup Scott.

Here is a link that provides your info. Manuals, rulesheets, etc.

Good luck!

http://www.ipdb.org/machine.cgi?id=3780

#206 10 years ago

Thanks Blackbeard. I found the part number, now to find the target.

Scott.

1 week later
#207 10 years ago

A gift for my fellow Congo club members: I made up some custom rule cards. Here's the PDF, print it at 100% (no page scaling) to get the right size: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8er9apjjzh5a5xa/congo_rule_cards.pdf

A preview of what they look like:

congo rule card 2.jpgcongo rule card 2.jpg

congo rule card.jpgcongo rule card.jpg

#208 10 years ago

I want to buy a Congo. Either routed or in nice shape. Ideally in Florida. PM me.

#209 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

A gift for my fellow Congo club members: I made up some custom rule cards. Here's the PDF, print it at 100% (no page scaling) to get the right size: https://www.dropbox.com/s/8er9apjjzh5a5xa/congo_rule_cards.pdf

Very Nice. Thanks for posting them!

#210 10 years ago

Thanks! Printed up a set yesterday and they look pretty good. I'll post a shot of them in the game once I get 'em installed.

#211 10 years ago

KEV: excuse my computer printing skills, but are these printed on a standard home printer? How do you get those nice laminated ones

#212 10 years ago

I print them at home on an inkjet using high quality photo paper at the best print settings.

The other option is to print them on a color laser printer and have them laminated. That's probably the most durable solution - should just be a few bucks at Kinkos or wherever.

#213 10 years ago

I just bought one and is being freighted down over the weekend, was a import from Japan and still in beautiful condition with a few mods already installed: topper, side cabinet inner decals, hippo, CFTBL window, alternate translite and leds throughout so am stoked, and can sit eventually next to the CFTBL - so will have 2 pins by Trudeau with the same playfield window.

congo topper.jpgcongo topper.jpg

IMG_1526.JPGIMG_1526.JPG

#214 10 years ago

Just stopped by CP pinball and played their Congo. Amazing what a difference LEDs make in this game. Theirs was very nice and played well though mine just looks prettier from a distance haha.

#215 10 years ago

Put the above cards in my game. Here's how they look.

image-531.jpgimage-531.jpg

#216 10 years ago

after searching a long time I got my Conco this week!
Now i have to clean all and check all functions and for broken parts to replace.

but there is one thing i can't understand: The mini playfield in the middle. I dismounted this part for cleaning and i don't understand how it works. Is there always a ball in this playfield and how can the ball move upside to throw with the ape (i looked in youtube some videos)

hope someone can explain it for me i am a beginner with congo...

the sidedecals inside the mini playfield are damaged have someone the grafics for this ?

thank you

Mike

Mike

#217 10 years ago
Quoted from Netsepp:

after searching a long time I got my Conco this week!Now i have to clean all and check all functions and for broken parts to replace.
but there is one thing i can't understand: The mini playfield in the middle. I dismounted this part for cleaning and i don't understand how it works. Is there always a ball in this playfield and how can the ball move upside to throw with the ape (i looked in youtube some videos)
hope someone can explain it for me i am a beginner with congo...
the sidedecals inside the mini playfield are damaged have someone the grafics for this ?
thank you
Mike
Mike

mike check these threads some posted pics of side decals for lower lay feild and the ball stays the gorilla throws ball left to right you use your flippers to hit all targets to spell CONGO. you can go on clays pinball ninja site he has a rebuild vidio for the gorilla his site has lots of good info worth the price of admission. GLW your CONGO

#218 10 years ago

Yes the ball is always in the lower pf. Captive in a sense

#219 10 years ago

mike here are some good luckcongo lower playfeils left.jpgcongo lower playfeils left.jpg196496congo playfeield lower right.jpg196496congo playfeield lower right.jpg

#220 10 years ago

wow, thank you for your help!

i will check the ninja site for helping pictures because i don't understand how the ball is going upside in the playfield, is this magnetic ?

freddy, thank you for the good grafics!

#221 10 years ago

Can you do a couple of shots on the side art panels? I've been thinking about getting some but wanted to see how they look before I did.

Quoted from swinks:

I just bought one and is being freighted down over the weekend, was a import from Japan and still in beautiful condition with a few mods already installed: topper, side cabinet inner decals, hippo, CFTBL window, alternate translite and leds throughout so am stoked, and can sit eventually next to the CFTBL - so will have 2 pins by Trudeau with the same playfield window.

congo topper.jpg 79 KB

IMG_1526.JPG 254 KB

#222 10 years ago

I just finished re-doing mine on Monday. It was well overdue. Added a few things while I was at it

photo 1.JPGphoto 1.JPG photo 2.JPGphoto 2.JPG
#223 10 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

Can you do a couple of shots on the side art panels? I've been thinking about getting some but wanted to see how they look before I did.

no worries, will do it over the weekend

Quoted from Gundam_Pilot_:

I just finished re-doing mine on Monday. It was well overdue. Added a few things while I was at it

photo 1.JPG 204 KB

photo 2.JPG 225 KB

looks cool, have one of those hippos to install as well, like your placing….

looks like you have a broken plastic there…..

#224 10 years ago

I have a very nice shadow in MD. If someone wants to join shadow club and let me join congo club shoot me a pm.

#225 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

no worries, will do it over the weekend

looks cool, have one of those hippos to install as well, like your placing….
looks like you have a broken plastic there…..

Yah I have a couple broken plastics. Not enough to yield a complete plastic set. I will find a replacement at some point!

#226 10 years ago

image-856.jpgimage-856.jpg
Amy is in da house more to come !!!

#227 10 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

I have a very nice Shadow in MD. If someone wants to join Shadow club and let me join congo club shoot me a pm.

Dude I own both. Keep both.

Go bills.

#228 10 years ago

Yah I have a couple broken plastics. Not enough to yield a complete plastic set. I will find a replacement at some point!

I might be able to help as got a set of plastics coming and pretty my current one is good - doing a shop in the next month

edit - meant to say

I might be able to help as got a set of plastics coming and pretty SURE my current one is good - doing a shop in the next month

#229 10 years ago
Quoted from swinks:

I might be able to help as got a set of plastics coming and pretty my current one is good - doing a shop in the next month

Hey if you do a plastic swap I could use a few. Certainly hit me up! It would be appreciated!

#230 10 years ago

Hey if you do a plastic swap I could use a few. Certainly hit me up! It would be appreciated!

I will let you know

#231 10 years ago

Anyone still selling the topper that swinks has?

#232 10 years ago
Quoted from harbngr:

here are those shots

P1050792.jpgP1050792.jpgP1050793.jpgP1050793.jpgP1050791.jpgP1050791.jpgP1050790.jpgP1050790.jpg

#233 10 years ago

Thanks. That actually looks pretty sweet. Think I need to move this purchase up higher in the list.

#234 10 years ago

the side art needs the purple/orange/yellow skyline like the original back art .I personally think mirror blades or plain black look better that just looks too busy.JMO

#235 10 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

the side art needs the purple/orange/yellow skyline like the original back art .I personally think mirror blades or plain black look better that just looks too busy.JMO

I do agree on both counts

1 week later
#236 10 years ago

Worked on my Congo a bit today and part of that was polishing up the lower playfield window with some automobile headlight cleaner. Crappy iPhone pics but it made quite a bit of difference. Much clearer now.

Before:

image-100.jpgimage-100.jpg

After:

image-13.jpgimage-13.jpg

#237 10 years ago

I have a cloudy non-broken window if anyone else wants to do the work of polishing it. $20 shipped in U.S.

#238 10 years ago

Since we're selling parts, I've got a used left ramp assembly FS if anyone's looking for one: http://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/fs-congo-left-ramp-assembly

#239 10 years ago

Has anyone installed the color changing volcano mod from Pinball Bulbs? I'm thinking about ordering it but would like to see some video of what it looks like first. Anyone?

http://pinballbulbs.com/products/congo-pinball-color-changing-volcano-mod

#240 10 years ago

Just love Congo. Watched the movie with my kids - they loved Amy and how she talked. Better movie that it gets credit for, although the entire lost city should have had better production.

#241 10 years ago
Quoted from Methos:

Just love Congo. Watched the movie with my kids - they loved Amy and how she talked. Better movie that it gets credit for, although the entire lost city should have had better production.

My daughter quotes Amy all the time, complete with sign language.

"Amy. Amy. Good. Good, Gorilla." "Ugly. Ugly Woman."

#242 10 years ago
Quoted from KevInBuffalo:

Has anyone installed the color changing volcano mod from Pinball Bulbs? I'm thinking about ordering it but would like to see some video of what it looks like first. Anyone?
http://pinballbulbs.com/products/congo-pinball-color-changing-volcano-mod

would like to see vidio as well. is this the best kit or are there other kits?

#243 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

My daughter quotes Amy all the time, complete with sign language.
"Amy. Amy. Good. Good, Gorilla." "Ugly. Ugly Woman."

That's actually a pretty good scene on the airplane. My daughter almost cried when Amy saves Peter at the end "bad gorillas".

I wonder if they used a real gorilla for Amy - anybody know?

#244 10 years ago

Hopefully no one considers this spam. Yesterday I posted about an article I wrote about Congo for a local pinball magazine, and someone in the thread suggested I cross-post it to the Congo owners thread. I imagine it will have redundant info for many of you as you've already made the decision to buy the game, but hopefully it has a few little tricks and neat pieces of info you might not have known about.

http://www.skill-shot.com/content/come-on-everybody-play-that-congo,6124

#245 10 years ago

Nice write up. Truly an amazing game. Love mine.

#246 10 years ago

Thanks so much for posting these photos. I added a hippo in January but he fell off after a number of games. I think your hippo positioning works much better than what I did since there is more surface area for his little feet to stick to with the silicone. Going to give it a try over the weekend...

#247 10 years ago

Hello,

can anyone send me a good scan of this insert decals ? you see this decals are damaged

thanks

Mike

InsertDecals.jpgInsertDecals.jpg
#248 10 years ago
Quoted from scylla:

Thanks so much for posting these photos. I added a hippo in January but he fell off after a number of games. I think your hippo positioning works much better than what I did since there is more surface area for his little feet to stick to with the silicone. Going to give it a try over the weekend...

I ended up adding a standoff off the top of that post to a piece of plexi. I actually drilled small holes into the hippos feet in order to screw it to the plexi.

#249 10 years ago

just discovered the super skill shot on the plunge after 2 years of owner ship This game has lots of hidden treasures plus i was always a little slow in school

#250 10 years ago
Quoted from plowpusher:

just discovered the super skill shot on the plunge after 2 years of owner ship This game has lots of hidden treasures plus i was always a little slow in school

That's a shot you have to master. You can rack up crazy scores during Skill Fire if you keep nailing it.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 5 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/5 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.