Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 56.
#2401 2 years ago

Another question for the experts...

Any idea why video mode would not work?

The qualify switches (we are, watching, you) all register, but the video light does not come on at the mystery scoop, and if you hit the scoop the video mode doesn’t start?? All other game play/dmd seems to work correctly.

#2402 2 years ago

Just realized that mine shaft shot not starting video either

#2403 2 years ago
Quoted from EStroh:

anyone else mount a plane over the volcano

No but doesn’t look bad at all

#2404 2 years ago

I have a request, but totally get it if no one is up for it, because it’s kind of a big ask.

I’ve been searching for a replacement 2-way deflector and no one sells them. So, I reached out to Kerry at Mantis and he said if someone could send him one to look at he would see if it’s something he could make, and if so, he would make a run of them.

I’ve seen other posts from fellow Congo owners searching for the same part, so I think there would be a bit of demand for them now and would be good for all to know they are available in the future.

Anyway, now for the ask. The one on my machine is a homemade attempt at the original, so I unfortunately don’t have one to send to Kerry for him to look at.

If anyone would be willing to ship theirs to him, I would be happy to take care of all of the shipping costs. And if it’s something he can make, then I’d also pay for a spare one for the kind person that’s willing to help me (and I’m sure others) get the part I/we need.

Kerry sent me his mailing address, so please message me if you’re willing to help and we can make arrangements with him.

Thanks
Brian

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/04-10320

#2405 2 years ago
Quoted from Stretch7:

No but doesn’t look bad at all

Quoted from Brog319:

I have a request, but totally get it if no one is up for it, because it’s kind of a big ask.
I’ve been searching for a replacement 2-way deflector and no one sells them. So, I reached out to Kerry at Mantis and he said if someone could send him one to look at he would see if it’s something he could make, and if so, he would make a run of them.
I’ve seen other posts from fellow Congo owners searching for the same part, so I think there would be a bit of demand for them now and would be good for all to know they are available in the future.
Anyway, now for the ask. The one on my machine is a homemade attempt at the original, so I unfortunately don’t have one to send to Kerry for him to look at.
If anyone would be willing to ship theirs to him, I would be happy to take care of all of the shipping costs. And if it’s something he can make, then I’d also pay for a spare one for the kind person that’s willing to help me (and I’m sure others) get the part I/we need.
Kerry sent me his mailing address, so please message me if you’re willing to help and we can make arrangements with him.
Thanks
Brian

Quoted from Brog319:

Thanks
Brian

My spare piece has a busted off bottom. I don’t have the piece.

0F22258E-FCC3-4BA3-ABF7-78AA9BA5A1EA (resized).jpeg0F22258E-FCC3-4BA3-ABF7-78AA9BA5A1EA (resized).jpeg
#2406 2 years ago
Quoted from Stebel:

My spare piece has a busted off bottom. I don’t have the piece. [quoted image]

Thanks Stebel.

Another pinsider got back to me and offered to send his to Kerry. Fingers crossed he’s able to make a run of them.

#2407 2 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Thanks Stebel.
Another pinsider got back to me and offered to send his to Kerry. Fingers crossed he’s able to make a run of them.

Kerry is very talented with metal working on creating pinball parts. I worked with him back in March of 2018 to get a hole protector created for TFTC and it turned out great.

I am definitely in on purchasing a 2 way deflector for my Congo once they become available to have as a spare.

Gord

1 week later
#2408 2 years ago

Anyone have an old playfield I can use to make a template to drill and dimple for a nos playfield I got? I'm still in desperate need of one of these, just need it to make a transfer, it won't be damaged at all and it will be returned ASAP. Thanks.

2 weeks later
#2409 2 years ago

Due to C19 and the lack of tournaments I started to do videos again.
So here we go with a Congo tutorial video... hope you like it

#2410 2 years ago

What is the group consensus on the value of a Congo in excellent condition? (No fade, clear lower playfield window, no broken plastics/volcano)

#2411 2 years ago
Quoted from The_Pump_House:

What is the group consensus on the value of a Congo in excellent condition? (No fade, clear lower playfield window, no broken plastics/volcano)

Starts at 5k. Helps if it's been serviced . Rebuilt flippers , pops etc.

3 weeks later
#2412 2 years ago

Had an A/V board go out and am working on getting the sound back.

Have a known working board with sound issues at this point.

I am not getting music and after awhile I get a weird screech noise

Upon boot I get a Cksum u2 error.

Anyone have a link to a sound ROM that's known good, the version number, or other ideas?

Thanks!

3 weeks later
#2413 2 years ago

Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement bushing on 04-10330.1? The previous owner of my machine made some "customizations" to keep things working but in turn drilled out the factory bushing quite a bit bigger. I have all new replacement parts except that one. PinballCenter doesn't appear to have these in stock anymore. Any help would be appreciated. My last ditch effort will be making a hardware store run to see if they have anything that might work.

#2414 2 years ago
Quoted from BozoTheClown:

Anyone have a suggestion for a replacement bushing on 04-10330.1? The previous owner of my machine made some "customizations" to keep things working but in turn drilled out the factory bushing quite a bit bigger. I have all new replacement parts except that one. PinballCenter doesn't appear to have these in stock anymore. Any help would be appreciated. My last ditch effort will be making a hardware store run to see if they have anything that might work.

Unfortunately that part seems to be unavailable across all the suppliers. I too tried to find one for my machine late last year. I did manage to buy some of the bushings themselves from the OEM, with a view to make my own bracket. Still haven't got around to that though.

#2415 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

Unfortunately that part seems to be unavailable across all the suppliers. I too tried to find one for my machine late last year. I did manage to buy some of the bushings themselves from the OEM, with a view to make my own bracket. Still haven't got around to that though.

Do you have a link for the bushings then? Maybe I could do the same. Or better yet maybe I could press out/in the bushings from the existing bracket.

#2416 2 years ago

Looking for new ribbon cables, if anyone knows where I might get them..

#2417 2 years ago
Quoted from trufflepiggy:

Looking for new ribbon cables, if anyone knows where I might get them..

K's Arcade sells them as sets or individually to suit your needs.

https://ksarcade.net/wpc95-ribboncableset.html

#2418 2 years ago

Thanks...

1 week later
#2419 2 years ago

Do you have a link for the bushings then? Maybe I could do the same. Or better yet maybe I could press out/in the bushings from the existing bracket.

BozoTheClown apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The company that makes these bushings, the OEM, is one called Spyraflow in GA.

When I enquired last year, they had no stock and I had to wait a few weeks until they ran some more. I ordered 30 at that time, felt stupid ordering just one.

I'd send you one, but with international shipping taking weeks and in most cases months to arrive, you'd be better off ordering from the manufacturer.

Hopefully the attached images help you order what you need.

20210815_152200 (resized).jpg20210815_152200 (resized).jpg20210815_152205 (resized).jpg20210815_152205 (resized).jpg20210815_152210 (resized).jpg20210815_152210 (resized).jpg

#2420 2 years ago

Where exactly does this part go?

#2422 2 years ago
Quoted from Pinballer73:

BozoTheClown apologies for the delay in getting back to you. The company that makes these bushings, the OEM, is one called Spyraflow in GA.
When I enquired last year, they had no stock and I had to wait a few weeks until they ran some more. I ordered 30 at that time, felt stupid ordering just one.
I'd send you one, but with international shipping taking weeks and in most cases months to arrive, you'd be better off ordering from the manufacturer.
Hopefully the attached images help you order what you need.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you so much for the info, I was able to find it on their website with the help of your pics

http://www.spyraflo.com/products/self-clinch-self-align-sae-840-bronze/fsb-250

#2423 2 years ago

Thanks ! I don't need one but might pick one up just in case. Does this just pop in to install?

#2424 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Thanks ! I don't need one but might pick one up just in case. Does this just pop in to install?

I doubt it, most likely some sort of a press fit. Pinballer73 would know for sure since he has done it already.

1 week later
#2425 2 years ago

Can anyone upload a picture of the "lighting" for their backglass? I'm preparing to replace all the bulb mounts this weekend, but I already have so many broken off that I would be guessing at where a bunch of them go. Appreciate it!

PXL_20210826_215119510 (resized).jpgPXL_20210826_215119510 (resized).jpg
#2426 2 years ago

I doubt it, most likely some sort of a press fit. Pinballer73 would know for sure since he has done it already.

Yes, they are a press fit. If you zoom in you can see the bushing is very slightly tapered with a recess just under the lip. When the bushing is press fitted into the bracket it snaps into place.

#2427 2 years ago

Can anyone upload a picture of the "lighting" for their backglass? I'm preparing to replace all the bulb mounts this weekend, but I already have so many broken off that I would be guessing at where a bunch of them go. Appreciate it!
[quoted image]

B688BC16-6D5E-4CFD-9508-8DFE6B2C1A7E (resized).jpegB688BC16-6D5E-4CFD-9508-8DFE6B2C1A7E (resized).jpegDC0B974A-82EF-4BCA-B657-97F439AE3EB8 (resized).jpegDC0B974A-82EF-4BCA-B657-97F439AE3EB8 (resized).jpeg
#2428 2 years ago

[quoted image]

The larger holes get lights.

#2429 2 years ago

Thank you ClassicHornet and @freddy! That should be exactly what I need to get this up and running properly. I will also be replacing the connectors with larger .093 molex connectors as the original .062 ones had more than a few burnt pins.

#2430 2 years ago

All new sockets and all rewired except for the flashers. The flasher harness is just off to the side currently, no broken tabs there so it gets to stay. New molex connectors arrive Monday and I will be able to finish it up. Thanks again!

PXL_20210827_222845433 (resized).jpgPXL_20210827_222845433 (resized).jpg
#2431 2 years ago

All new sockets and all rewired except for the flashers. The flasher harness is just off to the side currently, no broken tabs there so it gets to stay. New molex connectors arrive Monday and I will be able to finish it up. Thanks again!
[quoted image]

Looks good! I would wash the panel as it does appear a bit dirty.

#2432 2 years ago

Just a few pics

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2433 2 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just a few pics
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Looks good, but I like a bit of color in my GI's. Note: older picture Amy is no longer purple, but warm white.

20190825_122747 (resized).jpg20190825_122747 (resized).jpg
#2434 2 years ago

mollyspub Where did you get your inside art from? I like that a lot more than other options I have seen out there.

#2435 2 years ago

mollyspub Where did you get your inside art from? I like that a lot more than other options I have seen out there.

Thanks bozo! Those actually started out for Jurassic Park DE by Tilt graffixs .They had images of dinasours that I had them remove . They now sell them as a jungle theme. The size of the leaves / plants make sense for the game and the orangish color blends perfectly with the apron colors!

1 week later
#2436 2 years ago

hello guys! I've just finished to restore a congo pinball and while testing it I notice that if I start "diamond hunt multiball" while having 3 balls locked into the volcano, these are not released and I'll have to play the mode with a single ball! is that normal or a common issue? here is my rom version installed, if it can be helpful! thanks in advance for your help!

IMG_20210908_192410 (resized).jpgIMG_20210908_192410 (resized).jpgIMG_20210908_192414 (resized).jpgIMG_20210908_192414 (resized).jpg
#2437 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

hello guys! I've just finished to restore a congo pinball and while testing it I notice that if I start "diamond hunt multiball" while having 3 balls locked into the volcano, these are not released and I'll have to play the mode with a single ball! is that normal or a common issue? here is my rom version installed, if it can be helpful! thanks in advance for your help!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Hmm, that sounds strange. Once you lock the 3rd ball in the volcano then volcano multi-ball should start immediately.

Gord

#2438 2 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Hmm, that sounds strange. Once you lock the 3rd ball in the volcano then volcano multi-ball should start immediately.
Gord

Agreed, you might have an issue with your lock on the volcano switches.

#2439 2 years ago

Is it possible that I'm playing with only 3 ball installed ? is the game supposed to start anyway ? unfortunately I'm not able to check until tomorrow..

#2440 2 years ago
Quoted from Pesmerga:

Is it possible that I'm playing with only 3 ball installed ? is the game supposed to start anyway ? unfortunately I'm not able to check until tomorrow..

Congo should have 4 balls installed.

Gord

DSCN0090 (resized).JPGDSCN0090 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#2441 2 years ago

Quick question: Does Congo have the stop eating my sesame cake audio sound clip during play? Or was that not one of the film sound clips used in the game?

#2442 2 years ago
Quoted from sbmania:

Quick question: Does Congo have the stop eating my sesame cake audio sound clip during play? Or was that not one of the film sound clips used in the game?

I’ve owned the game for over 5 years, I’ve never heard this clip in my machine

#2443 2 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I’ve owned the game for over 5 years, I’ve never heard this clip in my machine

Ditto, as I have had my Congo for 8 years and have never heard this audio clip.

Gord

#2444 2 years ago

Too bad! On a related matter, does the latest sound Rom add much in terms of additional sound clips or effects?

4 weeks later
#2445 2 years ago

I'm out, one of my favorite games, have owned 3 of them, have an epic edition now, but space is so limited, and feels like the right time to sell, hate to be that guy, but gotta make room for the King of Monsters!

#2446 2 years ago

Complete teardown, 4 layers of clearcoat, Pin2Dmd.
Might buy new ramps and speaker panel later on, but first - let's play

20211010_134149 (resized).jpg20211010_134149 (resized).jpg20211010_134249 (resized).jpg20211010_134249 (resized).jpg20211010_134324 (resized).jpg20211010_134324 (resized).jpg
#2447 2 years ago

Nice job. The game looks great!

#2448 2 years ago

Zigzagzag Where did you get the Pin2DMD color files?

#2449 2 years ago
Quoted from usul27:

Zigzagzag Where did you get the Pin2DMD color files?

It's not a "proper" colouring, just a .pal file that sets the palette : https://vpuniverse.com/forums/files/file/4371-color-palettes-collection/
So all screens are yellow and green ... but it's ok for me

#2450 2 years ago

Joined the club a few months ago and forgot to show it off!

2846EC64-7018-4DFC-A8FB-E6A929C14B8A (resized).jpeg2846EC64-7018-4DFC-A8FB-E6A929C14B8A (resized).jpeg3E784E98-CD3C-4435-898A-288BE29921D7 (resized).jpeg3E784E98-CD3C-4435-898A-288BE29921D7 (resized).jpeg
Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 399.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 49 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/49?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.