Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 56.
#2301 3 years ago

Here is a small video of my volcano in action:

#2302 3 years ago

I did red LEDs on most of the underside lighting for the volcano, but installed cool white LED strips on suspended metal tin strips in some areas for the strobing effect. Due to the volcano already a yellow color this gives it the effect of hot lava.

20190825_113137 (resized).jpg20190825_113137 (resized).jpg20190825_113023 (resized).jpg20190825_113023 (resized).jpg20190825_113125 (resized).jpg20190825_113125 (resized).jpg
#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from Mikespinball:

I did red LEDs on most of the underside lighting for the volcano, but installed cool white LED strips on suspended metal tin strips in some areas for the strobing effect. Due to the volcano already a yellow color this gives it the effect of hot lava.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great idea.. I just installed the white led strips too, now I am going to install some red. Thanks!
9D9A1AA3-67A4-4EAA-9A0F-F7E339A7199D (resized).jpeg9D9A1AA3-67A4-4EAA-9A0F-F7E339A7199D (resized).jpeg

#2304 3 years ago

Where is the best 12v source near the volcano to add a couple led strips with a controller that you can control the fading/flickering effect?

#2305 3 years ago

Been playing around with different combinations using fire effect led strips and led bulbs

#2306 3 years ago
20200516_193326 (resized).jpg20200516_193326 (resized).jpg
#2307 3 years ago

Here is a different combination

#2308 3 years ago
Quoted from mzhulk:

Where is the best 12v source near the volcano to add a couple led strips with a controller that you can control the fading/flickering effect?

Looks pretty cool, I use comets matrix lighting which adapts to the light socket already in place using an led strip.

1 week later
#2309 3 years ago

Hi guys, looking forward to joining the club. All going well, I will be picking up my much sort after Congo in a fortnight, and it has been on my wishlist for ages. It looks to be in nice shape, only some cabinet art is missing on the right and backbox. I'm hoping someone can let me know the best place to get replacement cabinet artwork, and which ones are the best quality reproduction ones out there. Thanks in advance, cheers Terry.

#2310 3 years ago

Also noticed the volcano looks like the top has erupted and blown off, I'm thinking if someone has a nos replacement please send me a p.m.
Cheers Terry.

1 month later
#2311 3 years ago

Is there any interest in a new Gorilla, upper left.

#2312 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Not for me as mine is in great condition, sorry.

#2313 3 years ago
Quoted from lrosent345:

Would this be made from original mold?

3 weeks later
#2315 3 years ago

yes. i would be in for a Amy gorilla ramp. They are like the volcanos, they're usually quite damaged. That AMY gorrila takes a pounding if you are good at the game.

#2316 3 years ago

I need to start thinking about replacing the rubber rings and post sleeves on mine. Has anybody confirmed that the count/size listed in the manual is correct? I've found that many are not...

1 week later
#2317 3 years ago

Going through parts today for games I no longer own and came across this, it is orginal NOS WMS. If anyone needs it, PM me.

99AFBBA1-2F0C-4E24-92BC-76BFC75A427B (resized).jpeg99AFBBA1-2F0C-4E24-92BC-76BFC75A427B (resized).jpegE8D28266-1872-4FAC-8644-21995D090B63 (resized).jpegE8D28266-1872-4FAC-8644-21995D090B63 (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2318 3 years ago

Hi congo club, I'm going to be joining this club soon. I was wondering what your recommendation would be for ideal lights to link with when connecting pin stadium lights to congo. Does anyone in the group also have any experience using the pin stadium baby lights (designed for munsters) in this game?

#2319 3 years ago

This post has been moved to the JP club.

#2320 3 years ago

Just joined the club - super excited about playing this pin. I was hoping someone could help me source a part, however.

I’m not sure what the official name is, but it’s the arched ball guide over the two-way popper. Anyone know if this can be purchased or if this is something I’m going to have to have made?

Thanks
Brian

#2321 3 years ago
Quoted from Brog319:

Just joined the club - super excited about playing this pin. I was hoping someone could help me source a part, however.
I’m not sure what the official name is, but it’s the arched ball guide over the two-way popper. Anyone know if this can be purchased or if this is something I’m going to have to have made?
Thanks
Brian

Hard to find i have a 2nd hand 1 that was repaired but long way from you if you have the 2 arches good otherwise improvise 1 ftom a ball guide

#2322 3 years ago

Any chance someone could provide measurements of the 2-way deflector (i.e. stem length and length of each arch - if they are different, and width)?

Thanks

#2323 3 years ago

These NOS plastics will go along with the NOS Gorilla that I posted earlier.

20E04690-8E43-4E16-B95D-4719E7D7313C (resized).jpeg20E04690-8E43-4E16-B95D-4719E7D7313C (resized).jpeg
1 week later
#2324 3 years ago

I just joined the club for the second time. I noticed when I hit the ramp a few times the diverter comes down and feeds the left inlane. When it stays down the coil hums, I assume this isn’t normal? What can be done? I didn’t remember my last one doing this. Also is there an adjustment that can be made where it comes down? It seems like my last machine, I’d need to hit the left ramp about 5 plus times before it’d cone down and now I believe it’s around 3

#2325 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just joined the club for the second time. I noticed when I hit the ramp a few times the diverter comes down and feeds the left inlane. When it stays down the coil hums, I assume this isn’t normal? What can be done? I didn’t remember my last one doing this. Also is there an adjustment that can be made where it comes down? It seems like my last machine, I’d need to hit the left ramp about 5 plus times before it’d cone down and now I believe it’s around 3

1. Make sure coil sleeve/plunger/linkage is not binding and moves freely.

2. Diverter is engaged when MAP is lit. Each shot to left ramp spells a letter in M-A-P. So beginning of a game should require 3 shots.

#2326 3 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

1. Make sure coil sleeve/plunger/linkage is not binding and moves freely.
2. Diverter is engaged when MAP is lit. Each shot to left ramp spells a letter in M-A-P. So beginning of a game should require 3 shots.

How long does the diverter stay down?

#2327 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

How long does the diverter stay down?

Diverter stays engaged until the map saucer is hit.

#2328 3 years ago
Quoted from Devo10:

Diverter stays engaged until the map sauce is hit.

Thank you!

#2329 3 years ago

What's up Congo club, I'm pinging the community because my friend (first time pinball owner) just snagged a congo and I'm looking for some help. My questions are below:

1) Does anyone happen to have a used, but fully-intact jump ramp they'd be willing to sell for a good deal? This machine is actually missing the jump ramp entirely! I've tried adjusting the deflector to better control how/where the ball drops after exiting, but I'd love to put the jump ramp back in there. I know they are sold new for $80, but my buddy is on a budget.

2) Does anyone happen to have the plastic that goes directly above the map scoop fully intact and in decent condition? That plastic is cracked on their machine and hopefully looking to replace it.

3) What's the process for removing the volcano? I would like to enhance the lighting underneath, but wasn't sure if it's a PITA to remove it.

Thanks!

#2330 3 years ago

What's up Congo club, I'm pinging the community because my friend (first time pinball owner) just snagged a congo and I'm looking for some help. My questions are below:
1) Does anyone happen to have a used, but fully-intact jump ramp they'd be willing to sell for a good deal? This machine is actually missing the jump ramp entirely! I've tried adjusting the deflector to better control how/where the ball drops after exiting, but I'd love to put the jump ramp back in there. I know they are sold new for $80, but my buddy is on a budget.

I just joined the club for the 2nd time. I didn’t notice in the ad that mine was missing the ramp until I got it home. The owner had a custom made wire form that did the same thing as the ramp. I’ll be getting the ramp to I’d sell the wire form. Hit me up if interested and I can shoot you pics

#2331 3 years ago

My new machine is missing the jump ramp (center ramp). Whomever had it before me added a wire form mounted to the 2-way deflector. I'm going to be adding the jump ramp back but my machine is missing the post that the ramp connects to. I couldn't find the exact part in the manual. It looks like there's 2 post that screws into the playfield. Does anyone know what these parts are?

#2332 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

My new machine is missing the jump ramp (center ramp). Whomever had it before me added a wire form mounted to the 2-way deflector. I'm going to be adding the jump ramp back but my machine is missing the post that the ramp connects to. I couldn't find the exact part in the manual. It looks like there's 2 post that screws into the playfield. Does anyone know what these parts are?

Looking at pictures they are just hex post. Could someone measure the height of both post and confirm they are hex post

#2333 3 years ago

Can anyone describe the process for removing the volcano?

#2334 3 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Looking at pictures they are just hex post. Could someone measure the height of both post and confirm they are hex post

My buddy will likely buy the ramp as well and his machine is missing the same post. Can anyone hook us up with what's needed (i.e. height of the hex post)?

#2335 3 years ago

I think these are the two hex posts for the jump ramp. More shop out pictures with post measurements here if you need them, not my pics but found them in this thread.

https://www.amazon.com/clouddrive/share/MxLV4WMu6uuLNmvsKrEpRV7tez372K4g3XldcN4LSOs/folder/ojtrnl7qRgiJnzSgXtDu5Q

BEC33B2C-772D-48E6-8306-95CC45A42872 (resized).jpegBEC33B2C-772D-48E6-8306-95CC45A42872 (resized).jpegD977BEF6-6946-4ADB-AA7F-48CE58A05408 (resized).jpegD977BEF6-6946-4ADB-AA7F-48CE58A05408 (resized).jpeg
#2336 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

I think these are the two hex posts for the jump ramp. More shop out pictures with post measurements here if you need them, not my pics but found them in this thread.
amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you!! Very helpful

#2337 3 years ago
Quoted from Bonk:

amazon.com link »
[quoted image][quoted image]

Thank you

2 weeks later
#2338 3 years ago

Joined the club today

20201017_183433 (resized).jpg20201017_183433 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2339 3 years ago

Can someone breakdown the process for removing/replacing the volcano weldment (i.e. the metal chute where the ball travels up and out of the volcano)? I am helping a buddy replace his broken chute with the reinforced one from Mantis Amusements and it would save me a bunch of time if someone could explain what needs to be disassembled and how to get to access the weldment so I can replace it.

Appreciate the help in advance!

#2340 3 years ago
Quoted from per3per3:

Can someone breakdown the process for removing/replacing the volcano weldment (i.e. the metal chute where the ball travels up and out of the volcano)? I am helping a buddy replace his broken chute with the reinforced one from Mantis Amusements and it would save me a bunch of time if someone could explain what needs to be disassembled and how to get to access the weldment so I can replace it.
Appreciate the help in advance!

Basically remove ramp and Valcano. Pretty strait forward Just be gentle with valcano it’s thin.Add
Some cool lighting while your in there!

#2341 3 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Basically remove ramp and Valcano. Pretty strait forward Just be gentle with valcano it’s thin.Add
Some cool lighting while your in there!

Appreciate it. Anything need to be done underneath the playfield? I have a few red light strips laying around that I'll likely install!

2 weeks later
#2342 3 years ago

Back in the club! Pick up game soon! Love this game, never leaving my collection this time!

#2343 3 years ago

Could someone please send a shot from under pf? I’m wondering what is missing to fill the gap here other than a washer that shows in the manual. it’s not quite clear to me. Thanks

C6CEB865-E0E7-46EC-BC51-C699057CCDDE (resized).jpegC6CEB865-E0E7-46EC-BC51-C699057CCDDE (resized).jpeg
#2344 3 years ago

Joined the club this weekend with one of PAPA's Congos... Starting a full teardown for cleaning. Anyone have a map of what height standoff goes where?

#2345 3 years ago

Got mine playing.. everything seems to work except for one weird thing: whenever I shoot the side loop and it says "5 million!", the ball doesn't come around, and instead gets popped out of the volcano. After that, the next time I hit it and it says "10 million!" or more, it'll always come around to the upper flipper again fine, so it seems consistent, but I don't get why the game would be diverting the ball into the volcano when lock isn't lit. Is that normal? Ball is going quite fast so I don't think it's falling in accidentally or anything

1 week later
#2346 3 years ago

Back in the club after selling my last Congo 8 years ago.

Been on the look out for one for a year or so and found this rather ropey one that came with new ramps and a restored and clear coated playfield.

I had to get a load of other parts like decals and lots of bits to replace rusted (I think it had suffered from being in a damp location) but it has come out nice and plays well. Just waiting for a ramp decal and a couple of plastics to make it 100%

Really pleased to be back

IMGP0145 (resized).JPGIMGP0145 (resized).JPG
20201215_180945 (resized).jpg20201215_180945 (resized).jpg
IMGP0236 (resized).JPGIMGP0236 (resized).JPG
IMGP0241 (resized).JPGIMGP0241 (resized).JPG
IMGP0257 (resized).JPGIMGP0257 (resized).JPG
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg

2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpgIMGP0152 (resized).JPGIMGP0152 (resized).JPG
#2347 3 years ago
Quoted from matt_adams:

Back in the club after selling my last Congo 8 years ago.
Been on the look out for one for a year or so and found this rather ropey one that came with new ramps and a restored and clear coated playfield.
I had to get a load of other parts like decals and lots of bits to replace rusted (I think it had suffered from being in a damp location) but it has come out nice and plays well. Just waiting for a ramp decal and a couple of plastics to make it 100%
Really pleased to be back
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Welcome back! Hippos!

#2348 3 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Welcome back! Hippos!

The heeeerrogleefics. What do they mean?

#2349 3 years ago

I’m hoping to join the club in a couple weeks. I’ll be looking at a couple examples for sale next week and wanted to know if there are any specific things to look for in particular?

I also noticed there are some Congo’s that have the blue cabinet artwork. Is there any significance and any difference to the machine besides the color artwork? Thanks.

#2350 3 years ago
Quoted from SaltyRunBack:

I’m hoping to join the club in a couple weeks. I’ll be looking at a couple examples for sale next week and wanted to know if there are any specific things to look for in particular?
I also noticed there are some Congo’s that have the blue cabinet artwork. Is there any significance and any difference to the machine besides the color artwork? Thanks.

Always check for a cracked volcano (common). Check for broken plastic near the left flipper, and underneath the right jump ramp. There is an unsupported plastic in that area and is very prone to breaking.

Check for cracks on the plastic covering the lower playfield (and how scratched it is)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 47 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/47?hl=estroh and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.