Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 56.
#2201 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Congo is a WPC95 game. Sound and display driver are all in one board. Hard to find and fix. [quoted image]

Oh no! I’ll find one or get mine fixed somehow. Thank you!

#2202 4 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

Hard to find - yes
Hard to fix - no. A standard wpc era rebuild kit can be used. Id replace the DMD capacitors first as that's likely the culprit

#2203 4 years ago
Quoted from Skyemont:

Congo is a WPC95 game. Sound and display driver are all in one board. Hard to find and fix.

Rottendog sells a replacement for $399
https://ksarcade.net/rottendog-wpc-95-audio-visual-av-board-a-20516-50041-wav095.html

#2205 4 years ago

anyone know why my congo has these targets? lol

72742884_513471922534887_1965562607301558272_n (resized).jpg72742884_513471922534887_1965562607301558272_n (resized).jpg
#2206 4 years ago
Quoted from GoldenOreos:

anyone know why my congo has these targets? lol

I think your game is racist

#2207 4 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

My dmd went out in my Congo. No lines just nothing. The game does play blind. Is there a dmd controller board? I’ve switched out the cables and dmd from other games with no luck.

I have had great results with Clive at The Coim-Op Cauldron with board repairs. Had the same thing happen last fall with my Champion Pup (has the same DMD board). He repaired it quickly at a fraction of the cost of a new board. You can view his site here: http://www.coinopcauldron.com/

Good Luck!

#2208 4 years ago

Hey Congo guys. What do u think is a avg price for a working, good shape, fully led’d Congo?

#2209 4 years ago

Some where between $4 and $4500. I would say. Also could be more depends on condition.

#2210 4 years ago

I have a Congo for sale. If interested pm me.

#2211 4 years ago

Anyone need a jump plastic? Comes with a new laser cut PETG protector. $25 shipped in the USA.

IMG_20191026_171058 (resized).jpgIMG_20191026_171058 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#2212 4 years ago

The more I play Congo the more I realize it has everything I could ever want in a table. If you had to choose one thing about Congo that is your favorite, what would it be?

For me, it’s the Skill Fire continuous shot after 100 diamonds.

268F3BAB-E0CF-42FC-BF5E-DEEE646A324C (resized).jpeg268F3BAB-E0CF-42FC-BF5E-DEEE646A324C (resized).jpeg
#2213 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

The more I play Congo the more I realize it has everything I could ever want in a table. If you had to choose one thing about Congo that is your favorite, what would it be?
For me, it’s the Skill Fire continuous shot after 100 diamonds.[quoted image]

The flow and combo shots with right flipper, then left.

#2214 4 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

send your board to rob Anthony, he just fixed mine.....same issue.

#2215 4 years ago
Quoted from Johncare07:

For me, it’s the Skill Fire continuous shot after 100 diamonds.[quoted image]

The only issue I have is the linear map mode. Still a great game and I'm actively looking for another since I sold mine a while back.

#2216 4 years ago

There is no skill fire continuous shot after 100 diamonds.
Too bad it does not have an on play field special....

#2217 4 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Anyone need a jump plastic? Comes with a new laser cut PETG protector. $25 shipped in the USA.[quoted image]

joined the club! I need this plastic and more. Shoot me a pm. cheers

#2218 4 years ago

I have a very nice NOS translite for anyone interested. Shoot me a PM very reasonably priced. No defects and bright colors

#2219 4 years ago

How do you relight diamonds on Congo?

#2220 4 years ago

Here’s a pic. Shoot me a pm if interested

BC722DED-99B8-4F91-A44E-BC4CF4F82EBD (resized).jpegBC722DED-99B8-4F91-A44E-BC4CF4F82EBD (resized).jpeg
#2221 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It's one of the map awards. Each time you hit the left ramp you get a letter in Map, once you spell Map then you hit the right scoop and relight diamonds is one of the awards

#2222 4 years ago

I'm a brand new member of the Congo club, and I'm very impressed with this game thus far. I traded a very nice, clean, restored Fish Tales for a really high-end Congo with a NOS playfield, LED OCD board, Flipper Fidelity sound and more. My wife and I really enjoy this pin so far. Great shots, flow and combos. I understand the basic rules mostly, collect diamonds to lock balls for the volcano mb, and achieve other goals like AMY, HIPPOS and mystery awards. Are there actually modes on this pin? I haven't played it enough to see any.

Also, how the heck to you quality the video mode? Is it really NINE shots to the We Are Watching You standups? Or more than that? I have tried several games just focused on trying to quality video mode and I cannot do it. What am I doing wrong? I am used to pins with video modes you see almost every game. So far, I've played this pin 20-25 times and haven't seen the video mode once! I wanna drive the boat!

#2223 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinkitten:

how the heck to you quality the video mode? Is it really NINE shots to the We Are Watching You standups? Or more than that? I have tried several games just focused on trying to quality video mode and I cannot do it. What am I doing wrong? I am used to pins with video modes you see almost every game. So far, I've played this pin 20-25 times and haven't seen the video mode once! I wanna drive the boat!

around our meager house hold we see the Video only once every 20-30 games. It is a really hard mode and disappointing to loose.

#2224 4 years ago

Hello guys,

Anyone got pin2DMD rom for congo ? or had any experiences with pin2dmd ?

Best regards

#2225 4 years ago
Quoted from ThaBini:

Hello guys,
Anyone got pin2DMD rom for congo ? or had any experiences with pin2dmd ?
Best regards

Just go color dmd. Way better.

#2226 4 years ago

I love my color DMD

#2227 4 years ago

Yeah ColorDMD for the win, but for balance they’re a fair bit pricier over here in Europe when you factor in tax, shipping and reseller profit margins.

Still a great plug & play mod though.

#2228 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

When the Map or Mystery hole diamonds have been collected, hitting either one will relight one random diamond.
If you collect all 7 they will relight.
Or through MAP award.

2 weeks later
#2229 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

send your board to rob Anthony, he just fixed mine.....same issue.

I ended up buying a new board from Rottendog. When I replaced it I’m still having the same issue. I have sound and the game plays... still no dmd function. I’ve switched the cables from another game and still nothing. Do you think there may be something wrong with the cpu?

1 month later
#2230 4 years ago

Anyone have a parted out Congo? I need some light boards and the wood rails.

If anyone wants a new set of wood rails, I'd pitch in to have them sent to Reese rails to be used as a template for new ones to be made.

#2231 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Anyone have a parted out Congo? I need some light boards and the wood rails.
If anyone wants a new set of wood rails, I'd pitch in to have them sent to Reese rails to be used as a template for new ones to be made.

I'd be willing to send mine, already talked to Taylor. Are your rails that bad that they aren't good candidates?

#2232 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd be willing to send mine, already talked to Taylor. Are your rails that bad that they aren't good candidates?

I don't have rails, I am building up a Congo from scratch and have most parts already.

You can see my test fit into my test cabinet. Doesn't look like much now, but it will be a full Congo this year. Will be buying a new cabinet once the pf is wired.

20200208_142711 (resized).jpg20200208_142711 (resized).jpg
#2233 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I don't have rails, I am building up a Congo from scratch and have most parts already.
You can see my test fit into my test cabinet. Doesn't look like much now, but it will be a full Congo this year. Will be buying a new cabinet once the pf is wired.[quoted image]

Great project!

#2234 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

You can see my test fit into my test cabinet. Doesn't look like much now, but it will be a full Congo this year. Will be buying a new cabinet once the pf is wired.[quoted image]

Wow, that’s intense, I hope you find everything you need to complete it

#2235 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

WOW! that's quite a project. Let me see how big of a pain taking the rails off is.

Just curious, are you buying the vacuum formed volcano from that European store? NOS? Getting a new mold made?

#2236 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

I'd be in for set of Reese rails!

#2237 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

I have a decent used volcano I would sell. Has a broke chip at the top like most but they are repairable

#2238 4 years ago

I actually have a volcano already, main things besides parts I can buy new like the ramps and plastics are the light boards and a wireharness. I think I have everything else for the most part.

Also need a nice apron!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#2239 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

WOW! that's quite a project. Let me see how big of a pain taking the rails off is.
Just curious, are you buying the vacuum formed volcano from that European store? NOS? Getting a new mold made?

Can you please advise me on which European store thanks

#2240 4 years ago
Quoted from Lemank:

I ended up buying a new board from Rottendog. When I replaced it I’m still having the same issue. I have sound and the game plays... still no dmd function. I’ve switched the cables from another game and still nothing. Do you think there may be something wrong with the cpu?

sounds like dmd is bad then.

#2242 4 years ago

so there was a mention in another thread of a specific headlight restoration kit (which is $50). I decided to take a chance on 3M figuring it has to be decent:
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001AIZ5HY/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00

Here is the before
1 (resized).jpg1 (resized).jpg
And here's the after
2 (resized).jpg2 (resized).jpg
I wouldn't call it clear as glass, but Wayyyyyy better than it was. You can actually see under the playfield now.
3 (resized).jpg3 (resized).jpg

#2243 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

headlight restoration kit

I think a new window is $70 or so but if you can reuse that kit that’s probably more economical

#2244 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

so there was a mention in another thread of a specific headlight restoration kit (which is $50)...]

Isn't a headlight restoration kit basically just novus?
Or do j just think that because I use novus to clean my headlights?

#2245 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Isn't a headlight restoration kit basically just novus?

No, it's got a drill adapter with a velcro pad. then it includes 3-4 sanding discs in 500, 800, and 3,000 grit so you can very quickly get the surface smooth, then it has a sponge pad that you use with the included rubbing compound. $11 is sure better than $70, plus I hear the new ones scratch just as easily so you might as well figure out how to polish it. Some of the slightly better kits include a coating that will extend how long it goes before scratching up again.

#2246 4 years ago

yup new ones aren't worth a crap, scratch about 10x easier than the originals. I used 3m headlight restorer on mine a few years ago, works great

#2247 4 years ago

Can someone take a pic of how the lower playfield and window attaches to the playfield? I'm a bit confused on how its attached.

#2248 4 years ago
Quoted from lordloss:

Can someone take a pic of how the lower playfield and window attaches to the playfield? I'm a bit confused on how its attached.

The windows has 6 tabs, they attach with a stud sticking out (but there is a rubber in-between so depending on how much you crank down on the nut determines how level the window is with the playfield). The playfield has 4 metal brackets, 2 screws each. You must remove the playfield before you can remove the window. There is also a lightboard on each side that will need to be removed.
20200222_133849 (resized).jpg20200222_133849 (resized).jpg20200222_133854 (resized).jpg20200222_133854 (resized).jpg20200222_133859 (resized).jpg20200222_133859 (resized).jpg

#2249 4 years ago
Quoted from toyotaboy:

The windows has 6 tabs, they attach with a stud sticking out (but there is a rubber in-between so depending on how much you crank down on the nut determines how level the window is with the playfield). The playfield has 4 metal brackets, 2 screws each. You must remove the playfield before you can remove the window. There is also a lightboard on each side that will need to be removed.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That helped a TON, thank you!

Looks like this is the part needed:

https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-17838-1

#2250 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

yup new ones aren't worth a crap, scratch about 10x easier than the originals. I used 3m headlight restorer on mine a few years ago, works great

Ive tried using screen guard the type used on apple tablets etc cut to size they sre as cheap as chip's and worth a shot i also use it anywhere else that id use Mylar or wish to protect

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Playfield - Other
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 37.50
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 45 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/45?hl=monkeyboypaul and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.