• Latest reply 16 days ago by Wickerman2
  • Topic is favorited by 68 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

Topic poll

“are you in the the club?(do you own a congo?)”

(0 votes)

Topic Gallery

There have been 627 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190329_214435 (resized).jpg
94FB2812-6CBD-4095-A0BA-846ADA53FB30 (resized).jpeg
5D795473-42D3-487A-A0E9-1283845B8B06 (resized).jpeg
preview 1 (resized).jpg
preview 3 (resized).jpg
preview 2 (resized).jpg
MVIMG_20190120_234753 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190120_123722 (resized).jpg
IMG_20190120_123728 (resized).jpg
6F65EF62-B68A-4B04-B853-20F6865CE5EF (resized).jpeg
3BAB6136-B996-4AB0-B6AC-C13D1160AD78 (resized).jpeg
IMG_20190117_160909 (resized).jpg
IMG_3946 (resized).JPG
image0000001001 (resized).jpg
20190103_161524 (resized).jpg
235F5C2C-42CD-444D-9547-51ADBB153B78 (resized).jpeg

There are 2081 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 42.
#2051 72 days ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Ok thanks for the insight, i was going by pinsiders valuation of between 3600-4200 but i realize those values may not be current.
the Machine looks good. I am considering it looks like a fun machine. Problem is since they are not everywhere its hard for me to try it out to see if its a keeper for me.

like everything else on here, congo has went nuts on pricing. see most sell between 4-4500 currently. glad I got mine before everybody went insane.

#2052 72 days ago

I will check my game tonight to see if it stages. I never had the skills to stage properly so never really noticed if it worked on Congo.

#2053 72 days ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Can someone verify if I have a perceived problem. I've been racking my brain. My upper and lower flippers fire simultaneously. You can't stage them. I've spent hours trying to diagnose. Then my friend tells me his does the same thing. Is this the way Congo is?

That is correct. On CONGO, both upper and lower flippers fire at the same time. There is no 'staging'.
That was my choice and the way I wanted them to operate for this game.

#2054 69 days ago

Thanks for verifying. I went nuts trying to figure this out.

#2055 67 days ago

You guys are right. Checked my game and it does not stage. There are two optos but the interrupter is set to trigger both at same time. I always thought all 3-4 flipper games staged. The more you know...

#2056 67 days ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You guys are right. Checked my game and it does not stage. There are two optos but the interrupter is set to trigger both at same time. I always thought all 3-4 flipper games staged. The more you know...

You guys have me curious now. What games of this era "stage"?

I can't imagine how it would help the play in Congo....

#2057 67 days ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Bc you could cradle on lower flipper and hit super skill shot or whatever it's called up by mine field.

#2058 66 days ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Isn't the super jackpot the mine shot while in MB? In MB you could cradle on lower left. Shoot ball with right flipper through the Gray shot and then fire the upper left flipper for the super jackpot. At least you could if you could stage. Always thought you could but admittedly I don't have a lot of time on Congo. Would love to own one but they never come up locally.

1 week later
#2059 54 days ago

Hello. I am still looking for some Congo play field decals. I have bad flipper wear down near the CONGO and Africa graphic. I’ve posted here about it before but never got what I needed. Figured I’d refresh the post. Let me know. Or if there is a place making repro Playfields. Thanks!

#2060 54 days ago
Quoted from jackbot:

That is correct. On CONGO, both upper and lower flippers fire at the same time. There is no 'staging'.
That was my choice and the way I wanted them to operate for this game.

Wut?! We have an original designer looking in, thanks for dropping in!

#2061 52 days ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Hello. I am still looking for some Congo play field decals. I have bad flipper wear down near the CONGO and Africa graphic. I’ve posted here about it before but never got what I needed. Figured I’d refresh the post. Let me know. Or if there is a place making repro Playfields. Thanks!

I had one like this before. Nobody make a decal or playfield for this game.
Keep checking ebay for a used playfield. That's what I had to do

#2062 52 days ago

Thanks Mitch. I will keep checking around.

#2063 48 days ago

Made an alternate translite for Congo for sale at this shop:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/congo-jungle-alternate-pinball-translite/

Wanted to do something that would look better than just stuff from the movie. also something that would integrate well with the rest of the art and cabinet.

preview 1 (resized).jpg

preview 2 (resized).jpg

preview 3 (resized).jpg

I also made a new set of blades to match it:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/congo-jungle-pinball-sideblades/

#2064 48 days ago

Nice! Like that translite.

2 weeks later
#2065 28 days ago

I am trying to understand where these go on the Gorilla do a restoration and mine does not have them unless I am missing something?

Anyone have pictures or can explain where this goes?

5D795473-42D3-487A-A0E9-1283845B8B06 (resized).jpeg
#2066 28 days ago

Look at the gorilla mech in the manual. They are used for the side to side action with a spring.

#2067 27 days ago
Quoted from Axl:

Look at the gorilla mech in the manual. They are used for the side to side action with a spring.

OK - that was easy - all I had to do was type in Congo Gorilla mechanism and a diagram popped up that shows where it goes....

Thanks -

I guess I was tired, I need to slow down and think. I tore this apart months ago and now I am trying to put it together and mine did not have the things I took a picture of but I saw it on a parts site as being needed.

#2068 24 days ago

Another stupid question, I did not take enough pictures when I disassembled my Congo below is a metal piece that I assume must be on a ramp or something can some one take a picture of where this one is supposed to go?

Picture is attached, it is small maybe three inches

94FB2812-6CBD-4095-A0BA-846ADA53FB30 (resized).jpeg

#2069 24 days ago

I have had my Congo for a few months now and have it all cleaned up and "dialed in". I really like the pf layout with the pop bumpers lower on the pf and many loops and combos.
I have 2 questions. I am running the latest software 2.1. The replay knocker works for achieving the replay score and for setting new high scores for the end of the game. But it does not trigger when you match. I have it set on credit for a match. I wonder why. Same standard adjustment settings as my other WPC-95 games??
This one is interesting. Usually, in super multiball I get about 2 super jackpots (from the lower pf). Last night by sheer luck I got 4 or 5. I believe I heard the callout "You're pi**ing me off. Anyone else ever hear that one?

#2070 23 days ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Another stupid question, I did not take enough pictures when I disassembled my Congo below is a metal piece that I assume must be on a ramp or something can some one take a picture of where this one is supposed to go?
Picture is attached, it is small maybe three inches
[quoted image]

Maybe behind the upper flipper?

#2071 23 days ago
Quoted from dudah:

Maybe behind the upper flipper?

OK - I will check that out.

Kind of pissed at myself on not taking more pictures....I also thought I would not take months to put it back together.

Maybe I need to just ask a general Pinside topic if anyone has tear down pictures.

#2072 23 days ago

Here?

20190329_214435 (resized).jpg
#2073 23 days ago

@ Mitch - Thanks so much how could I have missed that!

You are da man!

#2074 19 days ago

Can anyone take a picture for me on the lower gorilla assembly with the two coils ?

Mine is a little stiff and since I just reassembled it and maybe there is a better way.

Just need a picture of the underside of the playfield with the main assembly clear if you are happy with your gorillas performance.

Thanks in advance

#2075 19 days ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Can anyone take a picture

amazon.com link »

Shop pics

#2076 19 days ago

Picking up my first Congo , I’m going on what I’ve heard but honestly I’ve never played one ! Don’t know how this game avoided me but it did ! I’m in CA and the games in RI ! About as far as you can get

#2077 19 days ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

amazon.com link »
Shop pics

man, that was a dirty game. I suspect it looks better now.

#2078 19 days ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Can anyone take a picture for me on the lower gorilla assembly with the two coils ?
Mine is a little stiff and since I just reassembled it and maybe there is a better way.
Just need a picture of the underside of the playfield with the main assembly clear if you are happy with your gorillas performance.
Thanks in advance

I think Clay did a nice tutorial on reassembling that mech. You have to donate to access but it is well worth it.

#2079 18 days ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

amazon.com link »
Shop pics

Thanks so much - your pics helped. I re-assembled it last night it is better but I think it could be still better. I have lots of new parts including the new post holder and the related items but it just seems like the Gorilla should be stronger. I can get all the letters OK - just want it to be better.

Quoted from Platypus:

I think Clay did a nice tutorial on reassembling that mech. You have to donate to access but it is well worth it.

Yeah - it might be worth it to get access to that info. Like I said it is OK - seems like it could be better.

I did a full restore so I am being picky is my guess.

#2080 18 days ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yeah - it might be worth it to get access to that info. Like I said it is OK - seems like it could be better.
I did a full restore so I am being picky is my guess.

http://www.pinballninja.com/

#2081 16 days ago
Quoted from Platypus:

man, that was a dirty game. I suspect it looks better now.

It was a top to bottom clean job...basically had to buy a new version of every part that is still available. I got a "fair" deal on the game and then spent a load of cash and time getting it looking great.

It was at that point that I decided I will just spend more money on games that are already shopped/rehabbed

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 40.00
Lighting - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 10.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 239.99
Lighting - Led
PinballBulbs
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
$ 84.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits
4,600 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Islip, NY
$ 12.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 30.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
4,400 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Monmouth, IL
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Rochester, NY
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
$ 129.00
Lighting - Led
LED OCD
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ModFather Pinball Mods
Boards
PinSound
Cabinet - Other
Rock Custom Pinball
There are 2081 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 42.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside