20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-221258 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240102_143245_Messenger (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240102_143238_Messenger (resized).jpg

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 56.
#2051 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Ok thanks for the insight, i was going by pinsiders valuation of between 3600-4200 but i realize those values may not be current.
the Machine looks good. I am considering it looks like a fun machine. Problem is since they are not everywhere its hard for me to try it out to see if its a keeper for me.

like everything else on here, congo has went nuts on pricing. see most sell between 4-4500 currently. glad I got mine before everybody went insane.

#2052 5 years ago

I will check my game tonight to see if it stages. I never had the skills to stage properly so never really noticed if it worked on Congo.

#2053 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Can someone verify if I have a perceived problem. I've been racking my brain. My upper and lower flippers fire simultaneously. You can't stage them. I've spent hours trying to diagnose. Then my friend tells me his does the same thing. Is this the way Congo is?

That is correct. On CONGO, both upper and lower flippers fire at the same time. There is no 'staging'.
That was my choice and the way I wanted them to operate for this game.

#2054 5 years ago

Thanks for verifying. I went nuts trying to figure this out.

#2055 5 years ago

You guys are right. Checked my game and it does not stage. There are two optos but the interrupter is set to trigger both at same time. I always thought all 3-4 flipper games staged. The more you know...

#2056 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You guys are right. Checked my game and it does not stage. There are two optos but the interrupter is set to trigger both at same time. I always thought all 3-4 flipper games staged. The more you know...

You guys have me curious now. What games of this era "stage"?

I can't imagine how it would help the play in Congo....

#2057 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Bc you could cradle on lower flipper and hit super skill shot or whatever it's called up by mine field.

#2058 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Isn't the super jackpot the mine shot while in MB? In MB you could cradle on lower left. Shoot ball with right flipper through the Gray shot and then fire the upper left flipper for the super jackpot. At least you could if you could stage. Always thought you could but admittedly I don't have a lot of time on Congo. Would love to own one but they never come up locally.

1 week later
#2059 5 years ago

Hello. I am still looking for some Congo play field decals. I have bad flipper wear down near the CONGO and Africa graphic. I’ve posted here about it before but never got what I needed. Figured I’d refresh the post. Let me know. Or if there is a place making repro Playfields. Thanks!

#2060 5 years ago
Quoted from jackbot:

That is correct. On CONGO, both upper and lower flippers fire at the same time. There is no 'staging'.
That was my choice and the way I wanted them to operate for this game.

Wut?! We have an original designer looking in, thanks for dropping in!

#2061 5 years ago
Quoted from Bok013:

Hello. I am still looking for some Congo play field decals. I have bad flipper wear down near the CONGO and Africa graphic. I’ve posted here about it before but never got what I needed. Figured I’d refresh the post. Let me know. Or if there is a place making repro Playfields. Thanks!

I had one like this before. Nobody make a decal or playfield for this game.
Keep checking ebay for a used playfield. That's what I had to do

#2062 5 years ago

Thanks Mitch. I will keep checking around.

#2063 5 years ago

Made an alternate translite for Congo for sale at this shop:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/congo-jungle-alternate-pinball-translite/

Wanted to do something that would look better than just stuff from the movie. also something that would integrate well with the rest of the art and cabinet.

preview 1 (resized).jpgpreview 1 (resized).jpg

preview 2 (resized).jpgpreview 2 (resized).jpg

preview 3 (resized).jpgpreview 3 (resized).jpg

I also made a new set of blades to match it:
https://www.retrorefurbs.com/shop/congo-jungle-pinball-sideblades/

#2064 5 years ago

Nice! Like that translite.

2 weeks later
#2065 5 years ago

I am trying to understand where these go on the Gorilla do a restoration and mine does not have them unless I am missing something?

Anyone have pictures or can explain where this goes?

5D795473-42D3-487A-A0E9-1283845B8B06 (resized).jpeg5D795473-42D3-487A-A0E9-1283845B8B06 (resized).jpeg
#2066 5 years ago

Look at the gorilla mech in the manual. They are used for the side to side action with a spring.

#2067 5 years ago
Quoted from Axl:

Look at the gorilla mech in the manual. They are used for the side to side action with a spring.

OK - that was easy - all I had to do was type in Congo Gorilla mechanism and a diagram popped up that shows where it goes....

Thanks -

I guess I was tired, I need to slow down and think. I tore this apart months ago and now I am trying to put it together and mine did not have the things I took a picture of but I saw it on a parts site as being needed.

#2068 5 years ago

Another stupid question, I did not take enough pictures when I disassembled my Congo below is a metal piece that I assume must be on a ramp or something can some one take a picture of where this one is supposed to go?

Picture is attached, it is small maybe three inches

94FB2812-6CBD-4095-A0BA-846ADA53FB30 (resized).jpeg94FB2812-6CBD-4095-A0BA-846ADA53FB30 (resized).jpeg

#2069 5 years ago

I have had my Congo for a few months now and have it all cleaned up and "dialed in". I really like the pf layout with the pop bumpers lower on the pf and many loops and combos.
I have 2 questions. I am running the latest software 2.1. The replay knocker works for achieving the replay score and for setting new high scores for the end of the game. But it does not trigger when you match. I have it set on credit for a match. I wonder why. Same standard adjustment settings as my other WPC-95 games??
This one is interesting. Usually, in super multiball I get about 2 super jackpots (from the lower pf). Last night by sheer luck I got 4 or 5. I believe I heard the callout "You're pi**ing me off. Anyone else ever hear that one?

#2070 5 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Another stupid question, I did not take enough pictures when I disassembled my Congo below is a metal piece that I assume must be on a ramp or something can some one take a picture of where this one is supposed to go?
Picture is attached, it is small maybe three inches
[quoted image]

Maybe behind the upper flipper?

#2071 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Maybe behind the upper flipper?

OK - I will check that out.

Kind of pissed at myself on not taking more pictures....I also thought I would not take months to put it back together.

Maybe I need to just ask a general Pinside topic if anyone has tear down pictures.

#2072 5 years ago

Here?

20190329_214435 (resized).jpg20190329_214435 (resized).jpg
#2073 5 years ago

@ Mitch - Thanks so much how could I have missed that!

You are da man!

#2074 4 years ago

Can anyone take a picture for me on the lower gorilla assembly with the two coils ?

Mine is a little stiff and since I just reassembled it and maybe there is a better way.

Just need a picture of the underside of the playfield with the main assembly clear if you are happy with your gorillas performance.

Thanks in advance

#2076 4 years ago

Picking up my first Congo , I’m going on what I’ve heard but honestly I’ve never played one ! Don’t know how this game avoided me but it did ! I’m in CA and the games in RI ! About as far as you can get

#2077 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

amazon.com link »
Shop pics

man, that was a dirty game. I suspect it looks better now.

#2078 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Can anyone take a picture for me on the lower gorilla assembly with the two coils ?
Mine is a little stiff and since I just reassembled it and maybe there is a better way.
Just need a picture of the underside of the playfield with the main assembly clear if you are happy with your gorillas performance.
Thanks in advance

I think Clay did a nice tutorial on reassembling that mech. You have to donate to access but it is well worth it.

#2079 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

amazon.com link »
Shop pics

Thanks so much - your pics helped. I re-assembled it last night it is better but I think it could be still better. I have lots of new parts including the new post holder and the related items but it just seems like the Gorilla should be stronger. I can get all the letters OK - just want it to be better.

Quoted from Platypus:

I think Clay did a nice tutorial on reassembling that mech. You have to donate to access but it is well worth it.

Yeah - it might be worth it to get access to that info. Like I said it is OK - seems like it could be better.

I did a full restore so I am being picky is my guess.

#2080 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Yeah - it might be worth it to get access to that info. Like I said it is OK - seems like it could be better.
I did a full restore so I am being picky is my guess.

http://www.pinballninja.com/

#2081 4 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

man, that was a dirty game. I suspect it looks better now.

It was a top to bottom clean job...basically had to buy a new version of every part that is still available. I got a "fair" deal on the game and then spent a load of cash and time getting it looking great.

It was at that point that I decided I will just spend more money on games that are already shopped/rehabbed

2 weeks later
#2082 4 years ago

So does everyone run the 2.1 ROM? Or this there a special ROM that i'm not aware of?

#2083 4 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

It was a top to bottom clean job...basically had to buy a new version of every part that is still available. I got a "fair" deal on the game and then spent a load of cash and time getting it looking great.
It was at that point that I decided I will just spend more money on games that are already shopped/rehabbed

My machine was a re-import and all of the plastics looked like they had been cleaned with a brillo pad. A couple bottom side screws had penetrated the topside of the playfield. The lower playfield had to be rebuilt pretty much from scratch. Shortly after I got it working the DMD crapped out. Had I known this all I would not have driven to North Dakota to buy and pick it up, maybe not such a fair deal. She has a good home now and gets the respect she deserves.

I have to say that this machine plays so well and everyone enjoys it. No regrets.

I really do enjoy rehabbing games

#2084 4 years ago

Question, I restored a Congo everything works yet I get a credit dot on working switches. It says the Congo targets need to be checked but they work. It goes from C or O.... I know a switch that doesn’t get triggered for a long time It will show a credit dot but that is not what’s happening - I trigger it in normal play and a game later it is back.

The MPU was repaired could that be it?

The switches all seem fine and all trigger normally in play. Could that differ in switch test?

#2085 4 years ago

I played Congo for the first time last night and really liked the game. It is for sale at a local dealer. Would I be crazy to pay $6K for this game?

Congo (resized).jpgCongo (resized).jpg
#2086 4 years ago

If the game is mint no.

#2087 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I played Congo for the first time last night and really liked the game. It is for sale at a local dealer. Would I be crazy to pay $6K for this game?[quoted image]

I paid half that but it was a bit of a project still resolving an issue here or there but works now.

#2088 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I played Congo for the first time last night and really liked the game. It is for sale at a local dealer. Would I be crazy to pay $6K for this game?[quoted image]

Nope perfectly sain.

#2089 4 years ago

That price is obviously high but that's retail price. It's a fairly rare game and Charlie knows that. I've been thinking of selling mine if you are interested in a nice Congo in the Houston area. Like to keep it but I have limited space.

#2090 4 years ago

Who makes the best volcano light mod ?

#2091 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Who makes the best volcano light mod ?

Pinballbulbs.com

I have it and it is great!

#2092 4 years ago

Sold !
LEDs in lower playfield? Frosted green looks good ?

#2093 4 years ago
Quoted from Gotfrogs:

I just bought my first Congo and paid
$5k , game has new playfield installed
Appears to have all new ramps etc
Plays great .I was already offered more then I paid for it ? Hard game to find

#2094 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

I just bought my first Congo and paid
$5k , game has new playfield installed
Appears to have all new ramps etc
Plays great .I was already offered more then I paid for it ? Hard game to find

Good find if you like the game.

I paid £1800 ($2400) for a nicely refurbished machine, new ramps and a really well repaired volcano, all new plastics... but no new playfield (it looks good still) and had a playfield protector fitted. Since GI & LED OCD’d it, plus colour DMD. That was a few years ago now, so the current value is anyone’s guess. Not sure I’d want to sell it though. The temptation of new but massively overpriced Sterns keeps eating away at my zinj.

#2095 4 years ago

Stern games keep going up unfortunately
The build quality is going down !

#2096 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Sold !
LEDs in lower playfield? Frosted green looks good ?

The very game you own had these and I removed them. The green wears on ya after a bit.

#2097 4 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

The very game you own had these and I removed them. The green wears on ya after a bit.

It looks like it !
And no worries the Congo is a keeper
Color dmd looks great !

1 week later
#2098 4 years ago

Looking to buy pristine CQ Congo. PM me if you have something available.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/79301

#2099 4 years ago
Quoted from wamonkey:

Pinballbulbs.com
I have it and it is great!

what light mod are you talking about?

#2100 4 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

what light mod are you talking about?

The volcano mod - sold by Pinballbulbs.com - looks really cool!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames
Decorations
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 42 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/42 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.