Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 56.
#2001 5 years ago

Does Congo have the Trudeau flipper gap?

#2002 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

please explain the Trudeau flipper gap....

#2003 5 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

It does not

Quoted from Platypus:

please explain the Trudeau flipper gap....

John Trudeau was famous for placing clippers in his games 1/4” wider apart than the normal gap... Judge Dredd and Ghostbusters come to mind

#2004 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It does not

John Trudeau was famous for placing clippers in his games 1/4” wider apart than the normal gap... Judge Dredd and Ghostbusters come to mind

and no center post? how cruel.

#2005 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It does not

Thanks, am thinking of getting a Congo, and hadn't recalled there being one (just wanted to make sure). The Trudeau gap is a deal breaker for me.

#2006 5 years ago

Take a look for yourself

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#2007 5 years ago

I would appreciate any wisdom anyone can share, here. I was having zero problems before I unscrewed the volcano to clean underneath it. But since putting it all back together, every single time a solid shot enters the volcano ramp, the ball falls off the habitrail to the right before connecting to the plastic ramp. But when a ball is released from the volcano or a shot softly makes it around the volcano, it has no problem staying on course. I cannot figure out what change I might have made to cause this, but it’s driving me nuts. My best guess is that the ball is banging too hard off the metal railing on that left side, but I don’t see how to change that. Thank you.

71A861F5-CBBF-49A8-90CA-7BAC7BB6AFDF (resized).jpeg71A861F5-CBBF-49A8-90CA-7BAC7BB6AFDF (resized).jpegDE7D4EA1-D95E-4BBB-9049-61C6215AA959 (resized).jpegDE7D4EA1-D95E-4BBB-9049-61C6215AA959 (resized).jpeg
#2008 5 years ago

After reading this entire thread, it looks like I should put some adhesive felt along the protector to try to slow the ball down.

#2009 5 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

It does not

Congo does have a wider gap but GB had a larger gap.

#2010 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Congo does have a wider gap but GB had a larger gap.

Strange, I’ve played it a thousand times and never noticed... learn something new every day ! Thanks!

#2011 5 years ago

It does not

#2012 5 years ago

Thought all Trudeu games had a wider gap. Guess I am wrong. Only game I really notice it is GB.

#2013 5 years ago

ramp screws missing???

#2014 5 years ago

Could anyone snap an under Playfield pic for me or offer guidance? This loose wire comes from the O target in CONGO and I believe needs to go to the C but I’d like to confirm.

235F5C2C-42CD-444D-9547-51ADBB153B78 (resized).jpeg235F5C2C-42CD-444D-9547-51ADBB153B78 (resized).jpeg
#2015 5 years ago
Quoted from Nw55555:

Could anyone snap an under Playfield pic for me or offer guidance? This loose wire comes from the O target in CONGO and I believe needs to go to the C but I’d like to confirm.
[quoted image]

Yes it goes to the C It is the common to all of the CONGO letters Right now the C is the only one that will register.

#2016 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Yes it goes to the C It is the common to all of the CONGO letters Right now the C is the only one that will register.

Perfect thank you!

#2017 5 years ago

Saw a Congo lover driving around Philly today HIPPOSHIPPOS

#2018 5 years ago

Check out what Motobone just made for me to cover up the ugly metal guides. I had the decal that went over the metal but I felt it just looked cheap. I can't wait for the new plastics to arrive. It's going to be a great touch to such an amazing game. THANK YOU Matt!!!!!

image0000001001 (resized).jpgimage0000001001 (resized).jpg
#2019 5 years ago

They look very nice. Could you tell me how to contact him.

#2020 5 years ago

Check out what Motobone just made for me to cover up the ugly metal guides. I had the decal that went over the metal but I felt it just looked cheap. I can't wait for the new plastics to arrive. It's going to be a great touch to such an amazing game. THANK YOU Matt!!!!!
[quoted image]</

Change the diamonds for parachute jumpers and in factory colors!

#2021 5 years ago

Change the diamonds for parachute jumpers and in factory colors!

#2022 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

[quoted image]

Ha- thanks for the kind words! Don't thank me until you get them lol!

1 week later
#2023 5 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Ha- thanks for the kind words! Don't thank me until you get them lol!

Moto, THANK YOU so much. They look great on the game. I think they look twice as good in person than in the picture and they fit perfect. You may want to add one more diamond at the far left but I still love it without.

IMG_3946 (resized).JPGIMG_3946 (resized).JPG
#2024 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Moto, THANK YOU so much. They look great on the game. I think they look twice as good in person than in the picture and they fit perfect. You may want to add one more diamond at the far left but I still love it without.
[quoted image]

Nice! Came out great! I'll add another diamond on the right side plastic.

Thanks for the feedback!

#2025 5 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Thanks for the feedback!

Good work, I had the same idea I'll be executing on. I like the transparent look but think green acrylic would also fit well.

#2026 5 years ago
Quoted from Moto_bone:

Thanks for the feedback!

looks killer, nice work.

#2027 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Good work, I had the same idea I'll be executing on. I like the transparent look but think green acrylic would also fit well.

Cool, you will have to show it off here!

Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

looks killer, nice work.

Thanks! It's fun making these mods!

#2028 5 years ago

Whipped these up today at the hackerspace. I had some hand drawn leaves in vector format from tracing the jump plastic. The engraving is fairly deep, I'll see how some black paint sits in there.

IMG_20190117_160909 (resized).jpgIMG_20190117_160909 (resized).jpg
#2029 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Whipped these up today at the hackerspace. I had some hand drawn leaves in vector format from tracing the jump plastic. The engraving is fairly deep, I'll see how some black paint sits in there.
[quoted image]

Trotec makes an acrylic that is reverse layered that I believe is a black over green.

$$$ material though.

They look pretty good though!

#2030 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

[quoted image]

#2031 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

I would appreciate any wisdom anyone can share, here. I was having zero problems before I unscrewed the volcano to clean underneath it. But since putting it all back together, every single time a solid shot enters the volcano ramp, the ball falls off the habitrail to the right before connecting to the plastic ramp. But when a ball is released from the volcano or a shot softly makes it around the volcano, it has no problem staying on course. I cannot figure out what change I might have made to cause this, but it’s driving me nuts. My best guess is that the ball is banging too hard off the metal railing on that left side, but I don’t see how to change that. Thank you.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Maybe just how tight/not tight you have the screws for the trail? Any washers missing or in wrong place. If I understand what you are saying I think somewhere in this thread this has been addressed. Search "habitrail" in the find in topic box at top and see what others have done--hopefully a solution is hidden here somewhere. Good luck.

#2032 5 years ago
Quoted from Wickerman2:

Maybe just how tight/not tight you have the screws for the trail? Any washers missing or in wrong place. If I understand what you are saying I think somewhere in this thread this has been addressed. Search "habitrail" in the find in topic box at top and see what others have done--hopefully a solution is hidden here somewhere. Good luck.

Thanks for the response. I still have no idea what caused the physical change, but I ended up putting an adhesive felt strip where the ball hits the metal side when it whips around the volcano, and it solved the problem 100%. And the felt is not visible when playing the game.

#2033 5 years ago

I have one last set of inlane plastics I can sell to a pinsider for $40, shipped in US. I ordered a couple extra sets in case anyone else was wanting them. $40 is a lot, but it was my cost to have them shipped from Germany to the UK, and then to Texas.
PM if interested. The plastics are new and have the plastic peel covering still on them. Here is a pic of mine installed on my Congo.

3BAB6136-B996-4AB0-B6AC-C13D1160AD78 (resized).jpeg3BAB6136-B996-4AB0-B6AC-C13D1160AD78 (resized).jpeg

Edit: Looks like they are now sold.

Added over 5 years ago:

Edit: still for sale

Added over 5 years ago:

SOLD

#2034 5 years ago

Hey Guys, i found my self a Congo kit in a jackbot , its a project Congo.
Only thing is its misging the back glas ( translite and lampboard)
Does annyone have a spare lampboard.
I do have the lights .
and the are out of stock evrywere.
Can anyone make me a good 1 print so ik can make One myself?
beter does annyone Mabel have a spare ?

Thans for helping

6F65EF62-B68A-4B04-B853-20F6865CE5EF (resized).jpeg6F65EF62-B68A-4B04-B853-20F6865CE5EF (resized).jpeg
#2035 5 years ago
Quoted from bertstomphorst:

Hey Guys, i found my self a Congo kit in a jackbot , its a project Congo.
Only thing is its misging the back glas ( translite and lampboard)
Does annyone have a spare lampboard.
I do have the lights .
and the are out of stock evrywere.
Can anyone make me a good 1 print so ik can make One myself?
beter does annyone Mabel have a spare ?
Thans for helping [quoted image]

In case you can't find one, I'd say that something is better than nothing and get one from some other WPC-95 game.

#2036 5 years ago

Slathered some Createx all over, let it dry for 20 minutes, then wiped across the top with a damp paper towel.
Worked great!
I'm fairly satisfied, but still going to cut some clear ones too.

IMG_20190120_123722 (resized).jpgIMG_20190120_123722 (resized).jpgIMG_20190120_123728 (resized).jpgIMG_20190120_123728 (resized).jpg
#2037 5 years ago

Cut this out for the MAP ramp, very cool!

MVIMG_20190120_234753 (resized).jpgMVIMG_20190120_234753 (resized).jpg
#2038 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

Cut this out for the MAP ramp, very cool!
[quoted image]

What laser does you're maker space run?

I'm just curious because the edges of your piece has some very evident drafting.

Are you arcing in and arcing out of the vector cut in the perimeter?

#2039 5 years ago
Quoted from dudah:

I'd take a set

#2040 5 years ago

I turned off the mini playfield, i think that it should then automaticly award GRAY, but it just holds the ball and releases it without an award.
Any suggestions? FIXED it wass just a switch adjustment needed.

I am missing the Gorilla Return Arms on my Congo. Only place i found them was marcos, and the shipping on them is $43...
if anyone have two for sale, PM me.

1 week later
#2041 5 years ago

Can someone verify if I have a perceived problem. I've been racking my brain. My upper and lower flippers fire simultaneously. You can't stage them. I've spent hours trying to diagnose. Then my friend tells me his does the same thing. Is this the way Congo is?

#2042 5 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Can someone verify if I have a perceived problem. I've been racking my brain. My upper and lower flippers fire simultaneously. You can't stage them. I've spent hours trying to diagnose. Then my friend tells me his does the same thing. Is this the way Congo is?

As long as there is only one button they both go at the same time. I have no idea how it could be different?

#2043 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

As long as there is only one button they both go at the same time. I have no idea how it could be different?

He's talking about staging. When you have multiple flippers their will be multiple contacts on the flipper stack. To stage you only activate the first portion of the stack by not pushing the button in all the way.

With that said, I do not know if Congo has a switch stack or an opto system as I've never been under the PF of one. If it has the opto set-up then you can't stage it. If it has a switch stack then you can. If the contact points are to close for your desires you can separate the second level of the stack a little bit to make staging easier.

I.E. -

If you have this, you can stage - https://www.pinballlife.com/stern-flipper-leaf-switch-double-contact.html

If you have this, you can't stage - https://www.pinballlife.com/fliptronics-1-flipper-opto-board-single-side.html

#2044 5 years ago

You should be able to stage. There should be two optos, one for each flipper. It should have this:

https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-opto-interrupter.html

#2045 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

You should be able to stage. There should be two optos, one for each flipper. It should have this:
https://www.pinballlife.com/williamsbally-flipper-opto-interrupter.html

It has two opto interrupters. You should be able to stage. Guys, I tore apart this machine two times over trying to figure out why they fire simultaneously. I have a thread posted about it. Utter nightmare. I am running the first ROM. I swapped all the opto boards, power driver board, MPU, replaced all the coils. It is insane. I noticed from the factory they had the wires swapped around at the opto board meaning the upper switch fired before the lower flipper switch. I swapped them. Still the same. I'm thinking at the factory maybe they didn't give a shit about flipper wire order because the game flips both at the same time no matter what? The upper flipper coil fires before the upper switch even registers. I tried everything other than a new ROM (on it's way) and taking the header pins off of J212 to check for corrosion under the connector. However, I doubt this is the issue because I swapped the MPU. I contacted my buddy of whom I sold a nice congo to and he says his doesn't stage either.

#2046 5 years ago

Congo is my first and only WPC game and I never knew about staging. my game never has...

#2047 5 years ago

Hey Guys love the Congo.
Not sure if this is something that shouldn't be asked but what would you pin ( pun intended ) the value on this machine these days?
Found one for sale but i feel asking is too high at $4800.
Any thoughts?

-Tom

#2048 5 years ago
Quoted from TommyNYC:

Hey Guys love the Congo.
Not sure if this is something that shouldn't be asked but what would you pin ( pun intended ) the value on this machine these days?
Found one for sale but i feel asking is too high at $4800.
Any thoughts?
-Tom

Depends on condition. If its in super nice shape thats a good price. Mine is gorgeous and it would take more than that to pry it away.

#2049 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

Depends on condition. If its in super nice shape thats a good price. Mine is gorgeous and it would take more than that to pry it away.

Ok thanks for the insight, i was going by pinsiders valuation of between 3600-4200 but i realize those values may not be current.

the Machine looks good. I am considering it looks like a fun machine. Problem is since they are not everywhere its hard for me to try it out to see if its a keeper for me.

#2050 5 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

Congo is my first and only WPC game and I never knew about staging. my game never has...

Wow, so maybe you can't push flipper button half way on congo to only fire the lower flipper and fully depress to fire both? Glad I spent 5 hours trying to fix a problem that doesn't exist. $#$*#$(**&$#%&#*$(%&*(&%$*(&$*#(%&

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 37.50
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 41 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/41?hl=djshakes and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.