20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-221258 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240102_143245_Messenger (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240102_143238_Messenger (resized).jpg

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 56.
#1951 5 years ago

#1952 5 years ago

Still haven't beaten previous high scores (~3 bil.) from hosting local pinball league players (and a couple of my own) from years ago but had great fun today.

20181021_174248.jpg20181021_174248.jpg

#1953 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

the valcano shot is so satisfying . my personal best is 34 consecutive volcano shots!

WTF.

#1954 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I've had my Congo for over 5 years now. Its one of the nicest i've ever seen. I love it dearly, but it doesn't get played much anymore. I think what keeps Congo from being one of the best pins of the 90's is the lack of modes and a story or ending so to speak to shoot for. Now its all about just trying to beat the diamonds collected or the high score which on my game is over 5 billion. I keep telling myself its time to move on from it, yet i just can't. I'm curious if anyone else has felt this way? Just when I think i'm ready to let it go, I play it and just can't bring my self to part with it.

Same here. It's still one of my favs but not playing it much lately. It's a great shooting game and I think all the modes are awesome. Well, the satellite mode kinda sucks to be honest. I even like the lower playfield. I forget what my high score was but it was also around 5 billion and well over 200 diamonds. Hard to repeat that since good games last so long. I don't want to sell it since I am pretty sure I would miss it when gone.

#1955 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I've had my Congo for over 5 years now. Its one of the nicest i've ever seen. I love it dearly, but it doesn't get played much anymore. I think what keeps Congo from being one of the best pins of the 90's is the lack of modes and a story or ending so to speak to shoot for. Now its all about just trying to beat the diamonds collected or the high score which on my game is over 5 billion. I keep telling myself its time to move on from it, yet i just can't. I'm curious if anyone else has felt this way? Just when I think i'm ready to let it go, I play it and just can't bring my self to part with it.

In a small collection, I think you eventually think about moving on from almost every machine. There is just something exciting about a new (to you) machine. Where I'll disagree, I feel like story based games get old much quicker. Once you've seen the "ending" there is less incentive to play. Sometimes the simple games are the ones I'm drawn to the most. If collecting 100 diamonds was a given, perhaps I'd change my mind, but it's still a good challenge for me. Same think like the Super Jackpot on Fish Tales. It's not super complex, but it's still a rush getting there. Having said that, I'm at the point where I'm debating about trading off either Congo or The Shadow. My fear with Congo is that they just don't come up for sale that often. Most trades you can't reverse, but I'm not sure that will be the case with Congo.

#1956 5 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

In a small collection, I think you eventually think about moving on from almost every machine. There is just something exciting about a new (to you) machine. Where I'll disagree, I feel like story based games get old much quicker. Once you've seen the "ending" there is less incentive to play. Sometimes the simple games are the ones I'm drawn to the most. If collecting 100 diamonds was a given, perhaps I'd change my mind, but it's still a good challenge for me. Same think like the Super Jackpot on Fish Tales. It's not super complex, but it's still a rush getting there. Having said that, I'm at the point where I'm debating about trading off either Congo or The Shadow. My fear with Congo is that they just don't come up for sale that often. Most trades you can't reverse, but I'm not sure that will be the case with Congo.

I agree with your comments entirely... had Congo 3-4yrs now, but most for that time I’ve been looking after my Son (now nearly 4) or working, so I just haven’t given it the time it deserves yet.

#1957 5 years ago

I've had My Congo for over 7 years and love it still to this day. It would be one of the last pins to go if push came to shove and I had to downsize my collection.

1 week later
#1958 5 years ago

Just because...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg
#1959 5 years ago
Quoted from mollyspub:

Just because...
[quoted image][quoted image]

still wish I could find those inlane plastics!

#1960 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

still wish I could find those inlane plastics!

Good luck with that one! I was lucky to get my hands on these.theyre no longer being made. Someone else should produce them.

#1961 5 years ago

I agree... I would prefer a set of those 3D inlane plastics over the metal. When I was searching for them, they were no where to be found. I settled for the flat green / black fern plastics instead. They're a nice improvement, over the bare metal IMO.

#1962 5 years ago

Plus 1 for inlane plastics

1 week later
#1963 5 years ago

In loving memory of Stan Winston, who did some outstanding creature FX on Congo, here’s an old video about it:

#1964 5 years ago

Hi Club!

I will show a developed I did with some "Congo Custom Pinball Cards". Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!

I hope you like!

"Congo Custom Pinball Card - Instructions" (Williams) rev. 2. Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Congo%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Instructions.%20Mikonos1.2.jpg

Details in "Congo Custom Pinball Card - Instructions" (Williams) rev. 2. Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Congo%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Instructions.%20Mikonos2.2.jpg
Congo Custom Pinball Card - Instructions. Mikonos1.2.jpgCongo Custom Pinball Card - Instructions. Mikonos1.2.jpgCongo Custom Pinball Card - Instructions. Mikonos2.2.jpgCongo Custom Pinball Card - Instructions. Mikonos2.2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1965 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Luckily I have a nos volcano
[quoted image]

Dude we need to get that thing to Freeplay40 so he can make a reproduction as it is a ramp a lot of people need.

#1966 5 years ago

yeah a new volcano would rock, until then...………………...

#1967 5 years ago

have you used these? cause their plastics they remake are horrible and usually never match.

#1968 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

have you used these? cause their plastics they remake are horrible and usually never match.

Not a perfect match but I still like them better then stickers.

#1969 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

Those are the ones I settled for. MUCH better than the original metal.

#1970 5 years ago

My second card!

Opinions and improvement suggestions are welcome!

"Congo Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Congo%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos1.jpg
Congo Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpgCongo Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Congo Custom Pinball Cards - Crew" (Williams). Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Congo%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Crew.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Congo Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpgCongo Custom Pinball Card - Crew. Mikonos2.jpg

*I take bigger screenshots and photos, click to enlarge images (and click again on display image mode if it is necessary) for avoid blur effect of pinside´s miniatures.

Regards

#1971 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Not a perfect match but I still like them better then stickers.

got any pics of yours installed?

#1972 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

got any pics of yours installed?

Here are a couple of pics of the outlane plastics installed on my Congo. These were purchased from 'The Pinball Center' a few years ago.

Gord

DSCN0082 (resized).JPGDSCN0082 (resized).JPG
P1000558 (resized).JPGP1000558 (resized).JPG

#1973 5 years ago

Repaired a couple of dry solder joints under the playfield and put Congo back into action again this evening, after a few months of not being able to play it (and really wanting to try the new MET code instead of doing repairs). It really is a fun game! It gets less play than the newer machines, but i have more fun on this than TWD (possibly because i suck at that). The audio is SO good too.

Got those Pinball Centre inlanes too, they really tie the playfields together - recommended. PCenter can be a bit off with their plastics sometimes, but these are spot on.

Managed this today, and I’m very proud of myself too!

174748CA-582F-499C-8FE8-D98C9D71252D (resized).jpeg174748CA-582F-499C-8FE8-D98C9D71252D (resized).jpeg280635A3-0308-4581-A287-153D1B48AC68 (resized).jpeg280635A3-0308-4581-A287-153D1B48AC68 (resized).jpeg
#1974 5 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here are a couple of pics of the outlane plastics installed on my Congo. These were purchased from 'The Pinball Center' a few years ago.
Gord
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Really, there needs to be a clear plastic replacement for the top piece of metal, above the metal guide rail. Unfortunately, none of the protector kits have it.

With it, light from the GI would illuminate the plastic (and the area generally) much better.

#1975 5 years ago

Can someone verify the number of ROM's and sizes for the AV board in Congo? Form the IPDB it looks like version 1 has a set of 6 4meg EPROM chips. There is also an v1.1 update for the S2 chip but it looks like that goes on an 8meg chip. Some picture I have seen of the board in a Congo shows three EPROM's installed.

I had to replace some DIP sockets and fix a couple traces on a Rottendog replacement board but with the three ROM's installed I'm wondering if this board ever worked. So far all the previous work is suspect.

#1976 5 years ago
Quoted from rubberducks:

Really, there needs to be a clear plastic replacement for the top piece of metal, above the metal guide rail. Unfortunately, none of the protector kits have it.
With it, light from the GI would illuminate the plastic (and the area generally) much better.

Just leave the top metal guide off and replace with the plastic. The bottom metal guide has a hole in it for the light.

#1977 5 years ago

Does anyone have Pinstadium hooked up to their Congo? I would love to see some pictures of it if you do. Thanks.

#1978 5 years ago

Absolutely love them in mine hooked to the volcano flasher

20171109_123404 (resized).jpg20171109_123404 (resized).jpg

#1979 5 years ago

This was my last custom card for this serie:

"Congo Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (Williams) rev. 2. Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Congo%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos1.jpg
Congo Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpgCongo Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos1.jpg
Details in "Congo Custom Pinball Card - Free Play" (Williams) rev. 2. Designed by Zona Arcade & Mikonos.
http://www.zonaarcade.com/fotos/capturas/Congo%20Custom%20Pinball%20Card%20-%20Free%20Play.%20Mikonos2.jpg
Congo Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpgCongo Custom Pinball Card - Free Play. Mikonos2.jpg

Regards

#1980 5 years ago

Joined the club over the weekend. A lot has been done: new ramps, new plastics, new Amy, new lower playfield window, Mantis volcano weldment, Mantis gorilla square drive plate, flippers rebuilt, vRAM, latest ROM, and LEDs throughout. Basically new, save for the Volcano ramp (unobtanium) and lower playfield gorilla which was fine. Super stoked to join the club. Have to figure out why the Volcano is throwing the balls on to the playfield most of the time overshooting the ramp. I thought the Mantis was supposed to prevent this issue. Thanks to Mitch for the hookup and great work rebuilding everything.

IMG_20181204_1432006 (resized).jpgIMG_20181204_1432006 (resized).jpg
#1981 5 years ago
Quoted from auntagnes:

Joined the club over the weekend. A lot has been done: new ramps, new plastics, new Amy, new lower playfield window, Mantis volcano weldment, Mantis gorilla square drive plate, flippers rebuilt, vRAM, latest ROM, and LEDs throughout. Basically new, save for the Volcano ramp (unobtanium) and lower playfield gorilla which was fine. Super stoked to join the club. Have to figure out why the Volcano is throwing the balls on to the playfield most of the time overshooting the ramp. I thought the Mantis was supposed to prevent this issue. Thanks to mitch for the hookup and great work rebuilding everything.
[quoted image]

Looks great! I would check the volcano weldment. Mantis is just built stronger than the original. Mine looked intact but had a mount tab broken. It was shooting balls to certain of the playfield and erratic. Maybe yours is just wiggled loose.

#1982 5 years ago

Thinking of selling a decent players game with color DMD if anyone is wanting in the club? Washington State

#1983 5 years ago
Quoted from auntagnes:

Joined the club over the weekend. A lot has been done: new ramps, new plastics, new Amy, new lower playfield window, Mantis volcano weldment, Mantis gorilla square drive plate, flippers rebuilt, vRAM, latest ROM, and LEDs throughout. Basically new, save for the Volcano ramp (unobtanium) and lower playfield gorilla which was fine. Super stoked to join the club. Have to figure out why the Volcano is throwing the balls on to the playfield most of the time overshooting the ramp. I thought the Mantis was supposed to prevent this issue. Thanks to mitch for the hookup and great work rebuilding everything.
[quoted image]

Good deal.

I bought something very similar a few years ago - most things had been replaced with new, and a little bit of the usual volcano damage had been repaired really well. Added gold mirror blades, a ColorDMD and comet LEDS with LED/GI OCD to finish it off - very happy now.

Check your Volcano opening, as suggested above, and see what coil is down there maybe - it might be overrated? should be an AE-23-800 (Yellow)

#1985 5 years ago

Congo Bongo...
To play, you will need...
A Bong, and something to put in it...
A shot glass and your favorite liquor...

Every time you lock a ball in the volcano...
Take a hit on a bong...
To qualify the hit though you must hit the single target skill shot...
When you lock ball three, you do the shot.

I've never been so into lighting the lock... and locking balls
How many times getting the volcano multiball can you achieve?

Enjoy...

Note: Works with just the liquor too!

#1986 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Good deal.

I bought something very similar a few years ago - most things had been replaced with new, and a little bit of the usual volcano damage had been repaired really well. Added gold mirror blades, a ColorDMD and comet LEDS with LED/GI OCD to finish it off - very happy now.

Check your Volcano opening, as suggested above, and see what coil is down there maybe - it might be overrated? should be an AE-23-800 (Yellow)

Thanks. I checked and the coil is the right one. When I have more time I'll have to check to make sure that everything is tightened as it should be.

#1987 5 years ago

As some of you know, www.pinball.center/en/ (a German company) carries many of the plastics for Congo that are hard to obtain anywhere else. But for whatever reason, they do not ship to the U.S.

A pinsider in the UK, Pinhead1982, is willing to place an order for me and then ship them to me in the U.S. Please let me know in the next day or two if you would also like to order any of the plastics.

https://www.pinball.center/en/search?sSearch=congo+plastic

#1988 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

As some of you know, www.pinball.center/en/ (a German company) carries many of the plastics for Congo that are hard to obtain anywhere else. But for whatever reason, they do not ship to the U.S.
A pinsider in the UK, Pinhead1982, is willing to place an order for me and then ship them to me in the U.S. Please let me know in the next day or two if you would also like to order any of the plastics.

I need a set of the inlane plastics and wonder how much

#1989 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I need a set of the inlane plastics and wonder how much

Pinball.center sells the set of inlane plastics for 22.90 Euros (about $26). They can ship in 2-3 days to Pinhead1982 for 15 Euros (about $17), and we could split that shipping cost. We would then need to each pay Pinhead1982 to send them to the US. I am not sure of that cost.

#1990 5 years ago
Quoted from Alamo_Pin:

ive gotten 2 of their plastic sets before, and they ain't worth owning honestly. don't match originals usually.

#1991 5 years ago
Quoted from auntagnes:

[quoted image]

You may need to shim the weldment . Say like with washers. Or adjust coil strength

1 week later
#1992 5 years ago

I might be leaving the club tonight. I've never been so sad to see a machine go, but I just feel like in my small(ish) collection I want to start turning games over a bit more often and I'm just ready to try something new.

#1993 5 years ago

Pinstadium helps.

20181218_194827 (resized).jpg20181218_194827 (resized).jpg
#1994 5 years ago

when does the right ramp diverter engage?

#1995 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

when does the right ramp diverter engage?

After you shoot the left ramp 3 times to spell M-A-P then on the 4th time the ramp diverter should engage.

Gord

1 week later
#1996 5 years ago

During the video modes , is there a finsh line or does time just expire? Is there a max number of points you can obtain? Lastly do the modes get harder each time you get to them?

#1997 5 years ago

Video modes progress with rocks to dodge first, then hippos, and then mix of rocks and hippos. They are either timer based or when you avoided so many obstacles. No finish line and you get the same number of points. 71m for the 1st round I believe. Not sure about 2nd and 3rd round whether they are more difficult or if you get more points. Rare for me to get to those rounds but it all seems the same to me.

#1998 5 years ago

I'm sure I seen Diamonds and rocks on the third video.
Could be wrong though.

#1999 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

You may need to shim the weldment . Say like with washers. Or adjust coil strength

thought it was supposed to throw them on the playfield?

#2000 5 years ago
Quoted from ccbiggsoo7:

thought it was supposed to throw them on the playfield?

you silly bastard!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound
Other
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct
Decals
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 40 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/40 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.