Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 56.
#1901 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Mine shot balls all over the place and was not consistent. It often shot balls right to the center of playfield. When I took things apart and gave it a good inspection, it did not look broken or bent in anyway. I went ahead and replaced it with the Mantis stack. When I removed the old stack, I noticed one of the mounting tabs was broken at the base. Once I had the new stack in things worked perfectly and never had another issue. It's relatively cheap to replace so I would just do it if you are having any problems in that area.

thx. ordering today

#1902 5 years ago

who sells the lane guide stickers that cover the steel lane guides?

#1903 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Treasure cove

#1904 5 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

These are way better then the stickers.
http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/pinball-parts/playfield-parts/plastics/3956/lane-plastics-for-congo

1 week later
#1905 5 years ago

I just picked up a Congo and the lower playfield had yellow led's in it. I did the rest of the game in Comet day lights. Curious what other folks have done? The yellow gives it a semi erie feeling but am I missing artwork without the day lights? Any other cool schemes that people have done? Please show

#1906 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I just picked up a Congo and the lower playfield had yellow led's in it. I did the rest of the game in Comet day lights. Curious what other folks have done? The yellow gives it a semi erie feeling but am I missing artwork without the day lights? Any other cool schemes that people have done? Please show

i also lit the lower playfield GI with Comet frosted yellow/ambers and a purple each side at the rear (nearest the gorilla).
Also use GI OCD because Congo has some excessive GI dimming!

#1907 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

i also lit the lower playfield GI with Comet frosted yellow/ambers and a purple each side at the rear (nearest the gorilla).
Also use GI OCD because Congo has some excessive GI dimming!

Do the purple add much by the gorilla? What does the GI OCD board actually do? I have Comet Daylight 2 way frosted in all the GI's

#1908 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Do the purple add much by the gorilla? What does the GI OCD board actually do? I have Comet Daylight 2 way frosted in all the GI's

Congo's GI dims quite a lot, as designed for incandescent bulbs, unless it's disabled in the settings.

LEDs will flicker instead of dimming. GI OCD adapts your machine's dimming circuitry to allow LEDs to dim correctly, behaving like bulbs. The cheapest way to restore 'as factory' dimming is to use incandescent bulbs again as GI OCD is not cheap, but works well if you want to us Leds in the GI AND have the dimming effects.

http://ledocd.com/faq_gi.html

See 5mins & 7mins for 2 quick examples of a Congo dimming with incandescents.

#1909 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I used comet frosted yellow bulbs in lower playfield. Last two sockets close to guerilla I used purple flex bulbs to shine right on guerilla. I also used sunlight for gi and really like how it looks.

#1910 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I used comet frosted yellow bulbs in lower playfield. Last two sockets close to guerilla I used purple flex bulbs to shine right on guerilla. I also used sunlight for gi and really like how it looks.

Great idea using the flex bulbs. Do you have any pictures of how it looks?

#1911 5 years ago

One last question. When you lock the balls in the volcano and you start multi-ball does everyone's balls hit the top of the glass? Mine seem to hit the glass fairly hard and I didn't know if my coil was firing too hard or if that was common

#1912 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

One last question. When you lock the balls in the volcano and you start multi-ball does everyone's balls hit the top of the glass? Mine seem to hit the glass fairly hard and I didn't know if my coil was firing too hard or if that was common

Definitely not meant to happen. Guess check the VUK coil's voltage?

#1913 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Your VUK is knackered! Specifically the top lip that slows & diverts the ball. Get the reinforced Mantis version.

https://mantispinball.com/product/congo-volcano-weldment/

#1914 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Great idea using the flex bulbs. Do you have any pictures of how it looks?

20181002_115150 (resized).jpg20181002_115150 (resized).jpg
#1915 5 years ago

So why is a gorilla purple?

#1916 5 years ago

Grape ape? I know, clown puke police will write me a ticket. Tried some things but wasn't happy with it.

#1917 5 years ago

I've struggled with that area too. I've tried white, yellow, orange, red, purple, and even fire/flame. Right now I'm using orange bulbs. I thought the purple might work since it was inside of that purple colored temple, but it drowned out the orange lava. I may order some more flexes and play with that a bit. What I ultimately want is for the surrounding area to have a purple hue to match the temple on the playfield, but to still see the orange lava and grey gorilla. What I'm considering trying next is to have the GI all purple, but add white from behind the gorilla and behind the target bank.

#1918 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

[quoted image]

Looks great. I think you have me sold with the purple

#1919 5 years ago

One thing weird about my game is I had to put an incandescent flasher behind the guerrilla. A led flasher would flash when I hit the flippers for some reason. Same for one flasher in the backbox.

#1920 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

One thing weird about my game is I had to put an incandescent flasher behind the guerrilla. A led flasher would flash when I hit the flippers for some reason. Same for one flasher in the backbox.

Snap! Must be a design flaw somewhere.

#1921 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I know, clown puke police will write me a ticket.

That’s not a misdemeanor, that’s a felony!

#1922 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Same thing here. Didn't realized it doesn't do that with incandescent.

#1923 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Grape ape? I know, clown puke police will write me a ticket. Tried some things but wasn't happy with it.

What about blue to match the blue gorilla insert

#1924 5 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

Same thing here. Didn't realized it doesn't do that with incandescent.

I guess it's not just my game then. I had to work out a lot of issues with my game so wasn't sure if something was still screwy. Put an incandescent in there and it will work correctly. I forget which one in the backbox did it as well but regular incandescent works correctly there as well.

Quoted from Mitch:

What about blue to match the blue gorilla insert

I don't really like blue leds for some reason. Might try ice blue from comet. I've been trying to get an order for comet bulbs but they have been out of stock of one bulb I need for weeks. I love comet but seems like every time I order there are bulbs out of stock.

#1925 5 years ago

I did some playing with the colors on my lower playfield. I ended up with all orange with an LED strip behind the gorilla. I'd still like to try to find a way to make that purple in the playfield artwork to stand out more, but so far I haven't had any luck. I may try mixing in some white flex bulbs, but I didn't have them on hand.

#1926 5 years ago

Lighted Magnetic Hinge Covers limited edition available for Congo, just 5 minutes to install! Pick these up on our Pinside store, or through our website:

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/shops/1032-lighted-pinball-mods/01755-congo-lighted-magnetic-hinge-covers-yellow-limited-editon

ad3529a1db363be7503957e507eab35c55209c46 (resized).jpgad3529a1db363be7503957e507eab35c55209c46 (resized).jpg

You can get these in any of the 8 available colors, however our red is a deep blood red when on and is highly recommended for Dracula!! Because this is the most common color we stock, we offer a discount of 10.00 for this color.

[lighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_ (resized).jpglighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_ (resized).jpg

Many titles and designs available, check out our store and search by game!

lighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_iron_maiden_guardians_of_the_galaxy_star_wars_aerosmith_pinball_mods (resizedlighted_magnetic_hinge_covers_pinball_EL_panel_mod_iron_maiden_guardians_of_the_galaxy_star_wars_aerosmith_pinball_mods (resized

If you can throw a magnet on a fridge, you'll be halfway done with the installation of this Mod! No permanent game changes, and easily followed written and video instructions provided. All hardware, power adapters, and everything needed for installation is provided. Our customer service is top notch in the industry.

twilight_zone_pinball_mod_lighted_magnetic_hinge_cover_EL_panel_LED_lighting_custom_pin_diy_repair (resized).jpgtwilight_zone_pinball_mod_lighted_magnetic_hinge_cover_EL_panel_LED_lighting_custom_pin_diy_repair (resized).jpg

#1927 5 years ago

Anyone else get airballs off the left ramp that bounce over the "RELIGHT KICKBACK" plastic and straight out the left outlane? It used to only happen very rarely for me, now much more often.

#1928 5 years ago

How does that work? The ball should go up the left ramp and hook down right? I can't picture the ball deflecting down left. Is your ramp flap bent up? There also should be plastic cover over the back part of the ramp in from of the guerrilla.

#1929 5 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Your VUK is knackered! Specifically the top lip that slows & diverts the ball. Get the reinforced Mantis version.

It looks like the top of the lip is busted off. I couldn't find in the manual how the above assembly is installed but if I click on the link, it looks like it's straight up and down and doesn't have a lip in the picture.

IMG_3695 (resized).JPGIMG_3695 (resized).JPG
#1930 5 years ago

Does anyone know where to get the decals for each of the sides on the lower playfield?

#1931 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

It looks like the top of the lip is busted off. I couldn't find in the manual how the above assembly is installed but if I click on the link, it looks like it's straight up and down and doesn't have a lip in the picture.
[quoted image]

Your VUK is destroyed and it broke the top of the volcano too. My volcano is broken too but I have the new mantis vuk works awsome.

15391339796067038895992479259992 (resized).jpg15391339796067038895992479259992 (resized).jpg15391340351264671481718246861021 (resized).jpg15391340351264671481718246861021 (resized).jpg
#1932 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Does anyone know where to get the decals for each of the sides on the lower playfield?

Planatary pinball but not cheap

#1933 5 years ago

Luckily I have a nos volcano

15391341602546666084676298620027 (resized).jpg15391341602546666084676298620027 (resized).jpg
#1934 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

[quoted image]

#1935 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

[quoted image]

Make sure you install the new and improved mantis volcano scoop if you ever install this NOS volcano ramp in your game.

congovolcano1 (resized).jpgcongovolcano1 (resized).jpg
#1936 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

How does that work? The ball should go up the left ramp and hook down right? I can't picture the ball deflecting down left. Is your ramp flap bent up? There also should be plastic cover over the back part of the ramp in from of the guerrilla.

To clarify, the ball isn't going up the ramp at all, it is bouncing off the standup target at the bottom. Pretty similar to the Ghostbusters airball issue I think.

#1937 5 years ago
Quoted from ufiti:

To clarify, the ball isn't going up the ramp at all, it is bouncing off the standup target at the bottom. Pretty similar to the Ghostbusters airball issue I think.

Check the padding behind the switch face. The back plate might be bent back as well. I had that problem on my Shadow and got reinfoced targets:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-6R

You can try to bend it back straight and use extra padding.

#1938 5 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Check the padding behind the switch face. The back plate might be bent back as well. I had that problem on my Shadow and got reinfoced targets:
https://www.marcospecialties.com/pinball-parts/A-18530-6R
You can try to bend it back straight and use extra padding.

Thanks, I'll try that! The padding does look pretty beat.

#1939 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Planatary pinball but not cheap

I didn't seem to find it on Planetary's website, any other ideas?

#1940 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I didn't seem to find it on Planetary's website, any other ideas?

a quick google search " congo lower pinball decals " found this

http://www.ministryofpinball.com/en/game-specific-items/williams/congo/congo-mini-playfield-decals.html

#1941 5 years ago

Thank you Mitch for the find. Unfortunately they're out of stock right now

#1942 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

Thank you Mitch for the find. Unfortunately they're out of stock right now

Damn, sorry I didnt notice that. I'd send planatary pinball a email see of they are making more maybe?

#1943 5 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Damn, sorry I didnt notice that. I'd send planatary pinball a email see of they are making more maybe?

Thank you, just sent email

#1944 5 years ago

I'm in too.

One of the most underrated pin and film ever.

Reason enough to buy one.....and in very very nice condition!

20181020_165256 (resized).jpg20181020_165256 (resized).jpg20181020_165309 (resized).jpg20181020_165309 (resized).jpg
#1945 5 years ago

I've had my Congo for over 5 years now. Its one of the nicest i've ever seen. I love it dearly, but it doesn't get played much anymore. I think what keeps Congo from being one of the best pins of the 90's is the lack of modes and a story or ending so to speak to shoot for. Now its all about just trying to beat the diamonds collected or the high score which on my game is over 5 billion. I keep telling myself its time to move on from it, yet i just can't. I'm curious if anyone else has felt this way? Just when I think i'm ready to let it go, I play it and just can't bring my self to part with it.

#1946 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

I've had my Congo for over 5 years now. Its one of the nicest i've ever seen. I love it dearly, but it doesn't get played much anymore. I think what keeps Congo from being one of the best pins of the 90's is the lack of modes and a story or ending so to speak to shoot for. Now its all about just trying to beat the diamonds collected or the high score which on my game is over 5 billion. I keep telling myself its time to move on from it, yet i just can't. I'm curious if anyone else has felt this way? Just when I think i'm ready to let it go, I play it and just can't bring my self to part with it.

Same

#1947 5 years ago
Quoted from Yesh23:

I printed my own with the files that were posted earlier in this Congo thread. I used Papilio vinyl in my inkjet printer. It took a few trial runs to get the scale just right. I think I may used a clear mylar over them.

#1948 5 years ago
Quoted from Squeakman:

yup. almost tradded it several times glad i didn't. the valcano shot is so satisfying . my personal best is 34 consecutive volcano shots!

#1950 5 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

yup. almost tradded it several times glad i didn't. the valcano shot is so satisfying . my personal best is 34 consecutive volcano shots!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 10.00
Playfield - Other
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 39 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/39?hl=litedpinballmods and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.