Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-221258 (resized).png
There are 2,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 56.
#1801 6 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

The signature looks like 'John Trudeau' who is Congo's designer.
Gord

Oh boy, it looks like it really is his autograph... Well, guess I should have tried to sell it about a year ago... Now it's worthless. I for sure won't install it....

#1802 6 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Oh boy, it looks like it really is his autograph... Well, guess I should have tried to sell it about a year ago... Now it's worthless. I for sure won't install it....

Or clean off the signature and sell it for a LOT of money. Like the other Congo NSFW alternate translite. But for info purposes Rick sells NOS Congo translite’s for $129.00

#1804 6 years ago

LED Color DMD for Congo is a must!

IMG_20180223_204032 (resized).jpgIMG_20180223_204032 (resized).jpg

IMG_20180223_204045 (resized).jpgIMG_20180223_204045 (resized).jpg

1 week later
#1805 6 years ago

Was Congo originally produced with color or B&W cabinet decals? I've seen both but can't find the answer as to what's OEM.

#1806 6 years ago

B&W Is the rebuild kits as far as i know.

#1807 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Was Congo originally produced with color or B&W cabinet decals? I've seen both but can't find the answer as to what's OEM.

original was color and look much better (assuming not faded to black and white, lol)!

Black and white was a kit version where you had a populated playfield and B&W decals to apply.

#1808 6 years ago

I'd love to add color LEDs to all of my keepers, but they are decently expensive. Though if they ever did go on sale, I'd be very tempted to add them to FT, Congo, and TS.

#1809 6 years ago
Quoted from dahlman:

B&W Is the rebuild kits as far as i know.

conversion!

#1810 6 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

I'd love to add color LEDs to all of my keepers, but they are decently expensive. Though if they ever did go on sale, I'd be very tempted to add them to FT, Congo, and TS.

I assume you meant colorDMD? If so, I agree.

I would probably buy 10 of them if they ran a sale sometime.

#1811 6 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

I assume you meant colorDMD? If so, I agree.
I would probably buy 10 of them if they ran a sale sometime.

Yes, I did. Though I do prefer the LED version versus the LCD. There is a certain "artistic look" that I think is lost when they try to smooth out the image.

#1812 6 years ago

Hey guys, picked up a Congo this past weekend as my first pin, and it plays great. However, the grey gorilla bearing bracket was broken on one side, which allowed the return and actuator arms to fall off of the return stop. It's still playable, but Grey kinda flops around in the lower playfield.

Does anyone have any extra bearing brackets (PN 04-10330.1)? Or is there a source to buy parts? The only place I could find was pinballcenter, which no longer does shipping to the US.

#1813 6 years ago
Quoted from Itty:

Hey guys, picked up a Congo this past weekend as my first pin, and it plays great. However, the grey gorilla bearing bracket was broken on one side, which allowed the return and actuator arms to fall off of the return stop. It's still playable, but Grey kinda flops around in the lower playfield.
Does anyone have any extra bearing brackets (PN 04-10330.1)? Or is there a source to buy parts? The only place I could find was pinballcenter, which no longer does shipping to the US.

You can get a mail forwarding service and they will then mail to them and on to you. It was easy - didn't cost that much extra. I did it for my Congo parts from them without issue. No one will have the parts otherwise. Just bite the bullet like I did and mail forward the items - cost like $20 more. I know it is a killer for a $5-10 part but it is no different then ordering from Marco in that regard.

#1814 6 years ago
Quoted from Itty:

Is this what you need?
https://mantispinball.com/product/congo-square-drive-plate/

#1815 6 years ago

set up a mailbox I just ordered today from them. wish id known

#1817 6 years ago

Well I managed to fix the old one with some JB Weld. Grey no longer flails around in the bottom playfield. We'll see how long that holds. If it breaks, then I guess I'll have to figure out the mail forwarding thing.

#1818 6 years ago
Quoted from Itty:

Well I managed to fix the old one with some JB Weld. Grey no longer flails around in the bottom playfield. We'll see how long that holds. If it breaks, then I guess I'll have to figure out the mail forwarding thing.

Just take it to a local show and see if they can weld it, that is what I ended up doing on my Gorilla mech.

#1819 6 years ago
Quoted from Itty:

pm me, next time I order i'll pick ya one up, you can buy me a $10 item!

#1820 6 years ago

Congo owners... how many balls are installed in Congo?

I'm cleaning up lock bar and then installing "Install _ Balls" sticker. I've read in the manual 3 balls or 5 balls. Not clear on the count.

Any help?
Thanks
Kerry

#1821 6 years ago

Congo is 4 balls.

#1822 6 years ago

Thanks... I'm new to Congo. I read in the manual a 5-ball multi ball. Confusing?

#1823 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Thanks... I'm new to Congo. I read in the manual a 5-ball multi ball. Confusing?

4 on top, 1 below

#1824 6 years ago

Oh yeah, 4 in trough and 1 in lower playfield.

#1825 6 years ago

Thanks Congo owners, for help on # of balls. I finished my game yesterday with new decals under lock down bar.

Air-brushed touch-up the cabinet, then 2-part clear coat and green accents. I think it turned out pretty nice.

DSCN6871 (resized).JPGDSCN6871 (resized).JPG

DSCN6827 (resized).JPGDSCN6827 (resized).JPG

DSCN6828 (resized).JPGDSCN6828 (resized).JPG

DSCN6843 (resized).JPGDSCN6843 (resized).JPG

DSCN6851 (resized).JPGDSCN6851 (resized).JPG

DSCN6850 (resized).JPGDSCN6850 (resized).JPG

#1826 6 years ago

My label says install 4 balls

#1827 6 years ago

That’s a fantastic color for the armor, best I’ve seen on Congo! I was thinking gloss black for mine, but that dark green looks so good.

#1828 6 years ago

My label was toast... some think 4 balls and 1 under mini playfield = 5. I'm open minded 4 or 5 if others chime in differently.

Thanks
Kerry

#1829 6 years ago

There are indeed five balls, but one is captured and rarely leaves the machine. The Install sticker is for the operator when they set up or do maintenance on a machine. At which point they reinstall 4 balls. Just say'n

#1830 6 years ago

Great collection, kerry_richard! Love all those games!

#1831 6 years ago
Quoted from Platypus:

The Install sticker is for the operator when they set up or do maintenance on a machine. At which point they reinstall 4 balls. Just say'n

Thanks... I'll change sticker to; install 4 balls

#1832 6 years ago
Quoted from Kerry_Richard:

Thanks... I'll change sticker to; install 4 balls

Pictured below is a photo of my Congo with the lockdown bar removed so that you can see the stickers installed on the receiver.

Gord

DSCN0090 (resized).JPGDSCN0090 (resized).JPG

#1833 6 years ago

These games come up surprisingly rarely for sale. Anyone buy one recently? What did you pay? Condition? Curious to know.

#1834 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

These games come up surprisingly rarely for sale. Anyone buy one recently? What did you pay? Condition? Curious to know.

I picked up mine last summer for $3800. Real nice, no fade.

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1835 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

There wasn't a lot made and many of them were parted out in the 90s so the boards could be used in other games that earned more on location.
Most I've seen now are 4k to 5k in good condition.

#1836 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I picked one up for $3200 it works but for me I plan on restoring it. New cabinet decals, replacing some insert decals, already sent rails out to powder coat. I always liked the game so I felt lucky at that price. But, in the end I will put too much money in it like usual to ever get out of it what I put in it.

#1837 6 years ago

Nice looking Congo, mollyspub! What are those art blades? I don't recall seeing ones like those. I really like those.

I think Congo is one of those games where owners hold onto them for the long term. I don't think I can ever part with mine unless I can find a nicer one. If you can get a decent one for less than $4000 I would say go for it. Prices will only go higher like most B/W games. Some guys still consider Congo a $1800 game but those days are clearly long gone.

#1838 6 years ago

Anyone have a solution for the ball flying off the gold wireform as it whips around the volcano ramp? Mine flies off every time. Only slow shots stay on. Everything appears to be in order but I'm at a loss for why this keeps happening.

#1839 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

Anyone have a solution for the ball flying off the gold wireform as it whips around the volcano ramp? Mine flies off every time. Only slow shots stay on. Everything appears to be in order but I'm at a loss for why this keeps happening.

That is a strange one, see the URL below that was previously posted in the Congo club regarding the same issue.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/24#post-3197847

I don't have that issue on my Congo so I am posting a few photos of that area for you to review to see if you are missing something on your Congo. You may want to zoom in on the photos for the best detail.

Gord

P1000853 (resized).JPGP1000853 (resized).JPG
P1000856 (resized).JPGP1000856 (resized).JPG
P1000855 (resized).JPGP1000855 (resized).JPG

#1840 6 years ago

Here's mine. Looks just like yours, except mine throws the ball off the wireform, behind the curve in the ramp and down onto the hippo inserts.

IMG_20180319_142932[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20180319_142932[1] (resized).jpg

IMG_20180319_142949[1] (resized).jpgIMG_20180319_142949[1] (resized).jpg

#1841 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice looking Congo, mollyspub! What are those art blades? I don't recall seeing ones like those. I really like those.
I think Congo is one of those games where owners hold onto them for the long term. I don't think I can ever part with mine unless I can find a nicer one. If you can get a decent one for less than $4000 I would say go for it. Prices will only go higher like most B/W games. Some guys still consider Congo a $1800 game but those days are clearly long gone.

Thankfully, I bought mine from a guy that still seemed to have the "old" value. I did however buy it with no audio and no video so it was a little bit of a gamble. Cabinet also needed work. The base was ready to fall out and most of the green was faded. Still, I feel very lucky to have bought one just before they became near unobtainable. Can't see letting it go any time soon.

#1842 6 years ago

I've said it many times... Congo has one of the (if not THE) best PF layouts ever. The only downside is the theme...

#1843 6 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Thanks! I got these from tiltgraffixs. They were originally designed for Jurassic park but had silhouettes of dinasours. They made these up for me without them. They now make these as a jungle theme after seeing them on my game!

#1844 6 years ago

I feel really lucky to have picked up my Congo for $1600 in 2002 when it was still a “joke” on RGP. It needed a shop job and 1 new pop bumper but was fine otherwise. Funny thing is, it was always a non-pinball family member who would talk me out of selling it over many of those years. Now I’ve gotten smart, and it’s nailed to the floor.

#1845 6 years ago

I ended up fixing the ball flying off the volcano wireform issue - the end of the volcano portion where it meets the wireform led the ball to far to the left so it hits the wireform at an angle. I used a heat gun to mold the end of the volcano trail over a bit and now it never comes off.

#1846 6 years ago
Quoted from mrgregb123:

I ended up fixing the ball flying off the volcano wireform issue - the end of the volcano portion where it meets the wireform led the ball to far to the left so it hits the wireform at an angle. I used a heat gun to mold the end of the volcano trail over a bit and now it never comes off.

Glad you fixed it. I have that issue once in a while but it's pretty rare.

#1847 6 years ago

I feel super lucky now. I picked up my congo off eBay a few months ago for 2500. Just needed a good cleaning and fixed a few switches.

#1849 6 years ago

Can anyone in the club hook up a friend with a decal for the left ramp?

#1850 6 years ago
Quoted from Tsskinne:

Can anyone in the club hook up a friend with a decal for the left ramp?

Contact starship fantasy they might be able to help you.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Flashinstinct

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/37?hl=itty and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.