Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 56.
#1501 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Actually, the ball should fall into the AMY lanes...

It does that sometimes if the ball does not have enough momentum. Pretty sure it is designed to loop around back to flipper because you get 5 million for first loop, 10 million for second, and so on. Mine awards 5 million for the first shot but ball goes into volcano. After that it usually loops. After getting a lock it does the same thing.

#1502 7 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Do you have pictures?

No. I don't keep all the steps of the process, sorry.

2 weeks later
#1503 7 years ago

Finally finished my Congo restoration. Took me two years, but it is worth it So pretty and plays like butter! Restore thread can be found here: https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-full-restorationcustomization-above-and-beyond

CongoHDR (resized).jpegCongoHDR (resized).jpeg

#1504 7 years ago
Quoted from hassanchop:

Yes I did. We do a lot of tests before we release inside decals, that's why the objects in the drawings always fall on the correct spots. It's stupid to have an object/character in the art if it falls behind a pf wall or ramp, like many shitty inside decals you see around pinside for sale. In this case our first test was with the yellow sky like the one you see on the backboard, but was quickly swapped for the black one because it made the machine look worse. It kinda took the dark and cool feeling of the art of the machine. The yellow sky works well in the back because it's far away and has a way smaller area.

How much are these in us dollar shipped?

#1505 7 years ago

Nice job, gov. Looks purty!

#1506 7 years ago

I'd like to buy a Congo flyer... is anyone selling?

#1507 7 years ago

I just got a Congo from a warehouse, untouched for last 16 years.

Pf is in great condition, im cleaning/working on it. Looking forward to get done with it, and start collecting some diamonds. Hippooooes

IMG_9954 (resized).JPGIMG_9954 (resized).JPG

#1508 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Pf is in great condition, im cleaning/working on it. Looking forward to get done with it, and start collecting some diamonds. Hippooooes

i m curious but how much in Danmark for a rarity ape like this!

#1509 7 years ago

Too rare in denmark, have not seen one for sale before, so hard to give you a danish value on congo. I got mine extreem cheap, well in my own oppinion though

#1510 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Please post some photos after you have cleaned this playfield. That looks like a nice find.

Gord

#1511 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Please post some photos after you have cleaned this playfield. That looks like a nice find.
Gord

Will update next week
Waiting for my new parts to arrive.

#1512 7 years ago

Congo poster, signed by the designer

IMG_9915 (resized).JPGIMG_9915 (resized).JPG

IMG_9916 (resized).JPGIMG_9916 (resized).JPG

#1513 7 years ago

thats funny- im at the same stage of restoring one. My playfield is stripped and now removing all the stainless steel ramp protectors so they can be polished. (who's bright idea at Williams was it to rivet everything directly to the ramps?).

#1514 7 years ago

Really want to join the club! love this game!

#1515 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

thats funny- im at the same stage of restoring one. My playfield is stripped and now removing all the stainless steel ramp protectors so they can be polished. (who's bright idea at Williams was it to rivet everything directly to the ramps?).

do not say that they rivet everything straight on the ramp i have to restore mine very soon

#1516 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinphila:

Really want to join the club! love this game!

U had a chance to get mine but u didnt want it..... it was super nice. I miss playing it sometimes but enjoy the ss, mb and mm that took its place more

#1517 7 years ago
Quoted from stef34:

do not say that they rivet everything straight on the ramp i have to restore mine very soon

Yup they are. Get out the drill.

#1518 7 years ago

Finally! I'm in!

20170327_090938 (resized).jpg20170327_090938 (resized).jpg

#1519 7 years ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Finally! I'm in!

You can just drop it off at my house.

#1521 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

Looks like you have a round target in error at the satellite shots

#1522 7 years ago

My Congo is NOT done yet, but playable, what a game.

Uploading some progress pics as promissed.

LEDs are with 4sport. Pics are not great in lightning but in real life, it lights up my pinroom. Green everywhere, im playing in total dark room and its really well lit.

Mannnn whats up with that backgroundmusic and callouts, great and underrated game for sure. Love this pin.

IMG_0120 (resized).JPGIMG_0120 (resized).JPG

IMG_0123 (resized).JPGIMG_0123 (resized).JPG

IMG_0121 (resized).JPGIMG_0121 (resized).JPG

IMG_0124 (resized).JPGIMG_0124 (resized).JPG

IMG_0134 (resized).JPGIMG_0134 (resized).JPG

IMG_0135 (resized).JPGIMG_0135 (resized).JPG

IMG_0136 (resized).JPGIMG_0136 (resized).JPG

IMG_0137 (resized).JPGIMG_0137 (resized).JPG

IMG_0138 (resized).JPGIMG_0138 (resized).JPG

IMG_0139 (resized).JPGIMG_0139 (resized).JPG

IMG_0140 (resized).JPGIMG_0140 (resized).JPG

IMG_0141 (resized).JPGIMG_0141 (resized).JPG

IMG_0142 (resized).JPGIMG_0142 (resized).JPG

IMG_0143 (resized).JPGIMG_0143 (resized).JPG

#1523 7 years ago

Did anyone say mirrorblades??

#1524 7 years ago

Those bumper LEDs are cool but they're super f***ing bright it outshines the rest of the PF... Can you actually normally play a game?

#1525 7 years ago

I love them, the rest are bright leds, its a joy.
Raps are lit up all green, it look jawdropping, well it you like bright games that is

#1526 7 years ago

I can confirm that Congo looks great with mirror blades.

IMG_0450 (resized).JPGIMG_0450 (resized).JPG

#1527 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

mirror blades.

Have them on mine and looks awesome.

#1528 7 years ago

That looks awesome.
What color led have you used ibetween travicom satelite and on mystery hole?

#1529 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

That looks awesome.
What color led have you used ibetween travicom satelite and on mystery hole?

In the GI or the insert?

#1530 7 years ago

In inserts

#1531 7 years ago
Quoted from DEN:

My Congo is NOT done yet, but playable, what a game.
Uploading some progress pics as promissed.
LEDs are with 4sport. Pics are not great in lightning but in real life, it lights up my pinroom. Green everywhere, im playing in total dark room and its really well lit.
Mannnn whats up with that backgroundmusic and callouts, great and underrated game for sure. Love this pin.

Looking good but you need to replace that round satellite target with the proper rectangle one.

Also blue diamonds in the inserts? Why? Diamonds are white and look way better with cool white leds.

#1532 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Looking good but you need to replace that round satellite target with the proper rectangle one.
Also blue diamonds in the inserts? Why? Diamonds are white and look way better with cool white leds.

I dig the blue diamonds...

#1533 7 years ago

Had the first decent game on Congo last night since I restored it. Happened to be recording it as I was setting my camera rig back up for some streaming. Anyways, I thought I would share The upper loop is still not as smooth as I would like, but I am not sure how to make it any smoother. It just has to be a perfect shot to get it all of the way around, other wise it bounces off one side or another and loses momentum.

twitch.tv/queencitypinball

#1534 7 years ago
Quoted from Gov:

Had the first decent game on Congo last night since I restored it. Happened to be recording it as I was setting my camera rig back up for some streaming. Anyways, I thought I would share The upper loop is still not as smooth as I would like, but I am not sure how to make it any smoother. It just has to be a perfect shot to get it all of the way around, other wise it bounces off one side or another and loses momentum.
» YouTube video
twitch.tv/queencitypinball

Nice video. I like how you have the multiple views being simultaneously displayed.

That was a pretty dang good game you just logged. Beats the hell out of my high score.

Gord

#1535 7 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Nice video. I like how you have the multiple views being simultaneously displayed.
That was a pretty dang good game you just logged. Beats the hell out of my high score.
Gord

Thanks, could have been a lot better had I not flubbed 2 balls and completely whiffed on the Super Multiball.

#1536 7 years ago

I can now officially be in the club- the restoration of my Congo is complete! Here are some pictures. Eventually i'd like to have the ramps re-plated but ill deal with that another day.

IMG_1329 (resized).JPGIMG_1329 (resized).JPG

IMG_1327 (resized).JPGIMG_1327 (resized).JPG

IMG_1335 (resized).JPGIMG_1335 (resized).JPG

IMG_1332 (resized).JPGIMG_1332 (resized).JPG

IMG_1333 (resized).JPGIMG_1333 (resized).JPG

#1538 7 years ago

Hey guys! I picked up my Congo in December and have been enjoying it! I have noticed something weird though. When I go to get GRAY, some times on the 4th shot I have to shot for GRAY again and I have to do it super quick or it's like it doesn't count the Y and I have to keep shooting GRAY. Also when I finally get into Gray back mode, some times the lock drops the ball being held on the main field and I have to juggle it while playing gray back mode. If I drain, I lose a ball even though it is in Gray back mode. Any suggestions?

20170331_124323 (resized).jpg20170331_124323 (resized).jpg

#1539 7 years ago

My guess is the switch by the up post.

Had something similar recently.

Bud

#1540 7 years ago

I just had to post here that I made the 'Elwin' volcano shot from the upper flipper tonight Total accident but it did happen and was pretty cool

#1541 7 years ago
Quoted from Chuckwebster:

I can now officially be in the club- the restoration of my Congo is complete! Here are some pictures. Eventually i'd like to have the ramps re-plated but ill deal with that another day.

I just got to review the lighting on my Congo to try to replicate the light-show you guys are doing here....

#1542 7 years ago

Meanwhile....

IMG_20170411_213855 (resized).jpgIMG_20170411_213855 (resized).jpg

IMG_20170411_213700 (resized).jpgIMG_20170411_213700 (resized).jpg

#1543 7 years ago

Just did some work on my Congo last night. The main change was adding a dimmer to the red strips under the volcano. I like it lit up, but it was a little too bright. I also added another splitter to the volcano flashers which will be used add backbox and under cabinet lighting. I'll need to place an order from Comet to finish it up. I'll try to take a video once it's done.

#1544 7 years ago

those are awesome! but why do you cover your pins? Not that theres anything wrong with that, Im just curious

OH, AND your translite! where can I get one?

#1545 7 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

those are awesome! but why do you cover your pins? Not that theres anything wrong with that, Im just curious
OH, AND your translite! where can I get one?

My game-room is located in a relatively open area near the pool. The pins are very well protected from sun and rain, but I wanted to provide a little more protection, mainly from dust...

The translite I acquired a few years ago, but I just can't remember where...

#1546 7 years ago
Quoted from LoserKid_Pinball:

Hey guys! I picked up my Congo in December and have been enjoying it! I have noticed something weird though. When I go to get GRAY, some times on the 4th shot I have to shot for GRAY again and I have to do it super quick or it's like it doesn't count the Y and I have to keep shooting GRAY. Also when I finally get into Gray back mode, some times the lock drops the ball being held on the main field and I have to juggle it while playing gray back mode. If I drain, I lose a ball even though it is in Gray back mode. Any suggestions?

I would go into the switch test and test the switches. Bang the playfield and see if that triggers any switched. Test the coils, too.

#1547 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

My game-room is located in a relatively open area near the pool. The pins are very well protected from sun and rain, but I wanted to provide a little more protection, mainly from dust...
The translite I acquired a few years ago, but I just can't remember where...

Right on, the covers are cool looking!

If you come across another translite like that, or remember the source, please let me know

#1548 7 years ago

Some pictures after my minor tweaks. I was finding my previous volcano mod was a bit too bright so I added a dimmer into the setup. While adding the dimmer I did add an additional splitter to the flashers which will allow for lighting behind the backbox and under the cabinet. I'm pretty excited for that. I just think it will add to the ambiance of the eruption which starts multiball.

IMG_2336 (resized).JPGIMG_2336 (resized).JPG

#1549 7 years ago

Where are those pinball covers obtained?

They look like beach towels, but I've never been able to find a Congo beach towel

#1550 7 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

Where are those pinball covers obtained?
They look like beach towels, but I've never been able to find a Congo beach towel

Yeah, basically custom beach towels. Found the images on the web and had them made with a local vendor!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 31 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/31?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.