20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240203-221258 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240102_143245_Messenger (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240102_143238_Messenger (resized).jpg

There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 56.
#51 10 years ago

#52 10 years ago

Post edited by klinde1 : pics failed to load

#53 10 years ago

May I join your club?

image.jpgimage.jpg

#54 10 years ago

#55 10 years ago

Looks like you found a bug in the poll code.

I've considered selling mine a few times, when it was getting the same kind of public beatings that Avengers is getting right now. I'm glad I've kept it all these years. Tron used a very similar layout, and I think that's one reason Congo is making a comeback.

While the volcano shot is cool, my favorite is the orbit under the left ramp. For some reason this is much easier to hit than Quorra in Tron. I also like the Loop Combo shot, very similar to the upper flipper loop shot on No Fear.

What would you add to the Rules, if you could? It's funny to me that there's a "Kickback Combo", but no ramp combos. So I would add:

Ramp Combo: shoot the MAP ramp, then shoot the volcano ramp.
Volcano Combo: shoot the volcano ramp repeatedly. Play a cool sound after 4 repetitions.

I'd also add a MAP mode where there's a "roving shot" that must be made in a certain amount of time.

#56 10 years ago
Quoted from Nilroc:

May I join your club?

Best Congo mod I've seen!

#57 10 years ago

would look even better with this :

congo-custom-inside-art.jpegcongo-custom-inside-art.jpeg

#58 10 years ago

Have it a day already, and the kids already love it. Fun game I just have to work out the flipper issue but a lot of fun.

BTW the machinist was here last night and he draw out the template for the mystery hole protector already, see my thread for Congo hole protector.

#59 10 years ago
Quoted from DeathHimself:

Have it a day already, and the kids already love it. Fun game I just have to work out the flipper issue but a lot of fun.
BTW the machinist was here last night and he draw out the template for the mystery hole protector already, see my thread for Congo hole protector.

congo is one of those games where if you sell it you regret it immediately, so keep it for a long long time!

#60 10 years ago
Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

its too bad that not enough people appreciate congo

I do like Congo yes many people hate the movie
I actually enjoy the movie and the pin

#61 10 years ago
Quoted from Pinballgeek:

I do like Congo yes many people hate the movie
I actually enjoy the movie and the pin

I loved the movie considering I only saw half of it!

#62 10 years ago
Quoted from kidpinballwizard:

I loved the movie considering I only saw half of it!

It's one if them films that people love or that people hate that doesn't make the pin shite
Same with JM and the shadow the movie may not be that good but they are one of many people's favorite pins

#63 10 years ago

That's funny, I just traded my TS for Congo. TS movie sucked but pin was great. So basically I just switched up rolls for Tim Curry in my gameroom.

#64 10 years ago

Here is my custom Amy mod. It adds so much to that back corner of the game! As with the original flasher, they are not on all the time. They pulse with Amy's speech. "Amy want lunch"... or "Amy good Gorilla"...

2011_1008amymod0004.JPG2011_1008amymod0004.JPG 2011_1008amymod0009.JPG2011_1008amymod0009.JPG

#65 10 years ago

that's kind of creepy

#67 10 years ago

If anyone here reading this wants to really be a official member by actually owning a Congo let me know since I have one for sale. I've decided to leave this club and start a King Kong club instead.

Seriously though, I'm selling my Congo for $2700.

Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

#68 10 years ago
Quoted from accidental:

Amy is a really robot!

I thought zombie...

#69 10 years ago

I just joined the club by buying a PQ Congo without a jump ramp. Can you guys confirm there are two mounting points for the ramp and no more? I am going to order a repro and want to order any posts, etc. with it if I need them.

#70 10 years ago
Quoted from Dayhuff:

If anyone here reading this wants to really be a official member by actually owning a Congo let me know since I have one for sale. I've decided to leave this club and start a King Kong club instead.
Seriously though, I'm selling my Congo for $2700.
Thanks
John P. Dayhuff
Battle Creek, Mi.
269-979-3836

That King Kong club will only have 9 members but hey good luck on selling Congo

#71 10 years ago

I've only been in the club for about a month, but so far I'm absolutely loving membership ...

Congo_#1.JPGCongo_#1.JPG Congo_#2.JPGCongo_#2.JPG Congo_#3.JPGCongo_#3.JPG Congo_#4.JPGCongo_#4.JPG Congo_#5.JPGCongo_#5.JPG Congo_#6.JPGCongo_#6.JPG

#72 10 years ago

nice

#73 10 years ago

I wish they had bulbs that slowly and randomly transitioned from white to red, to put inside the volcano.

#74 10 years ago

I agree. Colour changing LEDs are great but the only options are a rainbow colours which suit almost nothing well. If they came in colour palette options they'd be far more useful for certain themes. Red/yellow would be awesome for the Congo volcano, and would also be great for the Deadworld in JD, for example.

#75 10 years ago

Ok fellow Congonians, I have to ask a stupid question.

The left flippers, are both the upper and lower left flippers supposed to fire at the same time? Or should they be inderpendent of each other controlled by button pressure?

Thanks.

#76 10 years ago

The 'independent control' you refer to is a result of an older-style leaf switch setup for the flipper buttons. Congo uses fliptronic opto switches which don't give you that control.

#77 10 years ago

Okay but the slightest touch they both fire at the same time, is that normal operation? Or a bad opto etc...

#78 10 years ago

Yeah that's normal. The only reason it's doesn't happen with games that use leaf switches is that the switch stacks as you press it. As you press in the flipper button the closest switch, and the first to close, is for the lower flipper. As you push in further you close the second switch for the upper flipper. Fine-control allows you to drop the upper flipper while keeping the lower flipper raised.

This picture should show you what I mean.

Fliptronics flippers, like Congo has, are essentially 'digital'. They're either on or off, and the input is sent to both flippers.

100742836.jpg100742836.jpg

#79 10 years ago

Ahhh I see, thanks.

#80 10 years ago

Is this normal for the volcano?

IMAG0038.jpgIMAG0038.jpg

#81 10 years ago

the paint on the volcano?

#82 10 years ago

Wondering if the metal VUK is broken or split.

#83 10 years ago

Can someone please post two pictures of their Volcano, one from directly top down looking into it, and the other from the left hand side of the machine looking straight into the opening. I want to see if I have the alignment set properly, it looks to me as if the top of the ball popper where the bend is would still allow balls to hit the volcano plastic from the inside.

#84 10 years ago

jayhawkai, my VUK is open like that also. However before you paint you might want to remove the Volcano ramp and put some GOOP or Shoe Goo on the inside of the Volcano and fix that crack before it spreads. Either one of those two dry clear, and rock solid so it won't break on you.

#85 10 years ago
Quoted from jayhawkai:

Wondering if the metal VUK is broken or split.

I'll take a look at mine... I think yours is split. I would just patch it up with foil tape.

#86 10 years ago

Can someone please post two pictures of their Volcano, one from directly top down looking into it, and the other from the left hand side of the machine looking straight into the opening. I want to see if I have the alignment set properly, it looks to me as if the top of the ball popper where the bend is would still allow balls to hit the volcano plastic from the inside.

Will do tomorrow after work.

#87 10 years ago

I need a manual if someone has an extra please.

Thanks

Mk

#88 10 years ago

Thanks guys. It is split, but I just don't know whether it's supposed to be. Still functions great.

#89 10 years ago

The split is designed that way in the VUK, here is a photo of a new repro one except this one is the reinforced weldment at the top so the bend don't break as it did on many originals which lead to the plastic Volcano getting damaged.

44151_gr.jpg44151_gr.jpg

#90 10 years ago

I remember reading that someone was looking for Congo custom rules card, here is one. Hopefully the .jpg will post the site it didn't like the .pdf format.

Congo_Score_custom.jpgCongo_Score_custom.jpg

#91 10 years ago

dup.... server lag

Post edited by DeathHimself : dupe

#92 10 years ago

dup.... server lag

Post edited by DeathHimself : dupe

#93 10 years ago

I thought I read someone asking for a custom rules card, here is one ...

That was me. Thanks! I like that one a lot. Do you know if there happens to be a corresponding free play card?

#94 10 years ago
Quoted from gweempose:

That was me. Thanks! I like that one a lot. Do you know if there happens to be a corresponding free play card?

I made that one so sure there can be. Just tell me what would you like it to say? If you want the .pdf versions pm me your email and I'll send the higher res version.

#95 10 years ago

Here is the custom rule card I made for my Congo

Congo.pngCongo.png

#96 10 years ago

Free Play Card

Congo_Free_Play.jpgCongo_Free_Play.jpg

#97 10 years ago

Very cool. I like all of these.

Mwong, do you happen to have a matching free play card for yours?

#98 10 years ago

These came on my machine:

DSC02873_zpscc587586.jpgDSC02873_zpscc587586.jpg DSC02867.JPGDSC02867.JPG

But I really like Mwong's.

#99 10 years ago
Quoted from Phetishboy:

These came on my machine:

Love the orange armor but where did Amy go, out for a walk?

#100 10 years ago

Love the orange armor but where did Amy go, out for a walk?

She's back now, but feeling blue.

DSC02896.JPGDSC02896.JPG DSC02851.JPGDSC02851.JPG

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 15.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Gweem's Mods
Sound/Speakers
$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus
Boards
There are 2,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/2?hl=gotfrogs and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.