Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 56.
#1301 7 years ago
Quoted from monkeyboypaul:

Funnily enough I tried installing a Dr Pinball LCD in my game earlier today, but failed through a lack of appropriate spacers when fixing it to the speaker panel. It worked technically, just couldn't keep it screwed in, and I had little patience remaining after upgrading all the roms and spending hours working out why they didn't work...

Exactly what I was getting at as I have a Dr. Pinball lcd setup also. I have heard of spacers needed. What are these spacers?

#1302 7 years ago
Quoted from bigbadmiker:

Exactly what I was getting at as I have a Dr. Pinball lcd setup also. I have heard of spacers needed. What are these spacers?

Not sure - Mine came out of a SM when it got ColorDMD'd. I have the correct power cable now, but no idea how to fit it. I emailed Dr Pinball himself on Friday and awaiting a response.

I'm tempted to use old post rubbers and some longer screws!

#1303 7 years ago

Noob question:

Should the gray gorilla head flasher flash each time the flippers and slings solenoids fire? I put a purple flasher in there and that's the behaviour I'm seeing.

#1304 7 years ago

Noob question:
Should the gray gorilla head flasher flash each time the flippers and slings solenoids fire? I put a purple flasher in there and that's the behaviour I'm seeing.

It sld not but seems some led flashers let enough current bleed threw that they light when not supposed to. Try different ones and if none work go back to incandescent one

#1305 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It sld not but seems some led flashers let enough current bleed threw that they light when not supposed to. Try different ones and if none work go back to incandescent one

Thought as much, thanks.

I'll give it another try on a coil test another day and report back.

#1306 7 years ago

I just listed a bunch of Congo parts in the marketplace if any of you are interested.

https://pinside.com/pinball/market/classifieds/ad/38583

#1307 7 years ago

Not sure - Mine came out of a SM when it got ColorDMD'd. I have the correct power cable now, but no idea how to fit it. I emailed Dr Pinball himself on Friday and awaiting a response.
I'm tempted to use old post rubbers and some longer screws!

He's currently on holiday and hoping to respond properly at the end of the week.

#1308 7 years ago

Noob question:

Mine does this too

#1309 7 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Mine does this too

are you using an LED flasher?

I'm using a directable purple 906 from Comet:
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflexflash.htm

I might try some other flasher types, and also my original incandescent flasher too.

also, my "top loop post", which stops the ball up in the top left of the playfield near Amy, makes a very loud buzzing when it's active. Anyone got any tips for that?

#1310 7 years ago

are you using an LED flasher?
I'm using a directable purple 906 from Comet:
http://www.cometpinball.com/product-p/8smdflexflash.htm
I might try some other flasher types, and also my original incandescent flasher too.
also, my "top loop post", which stops the ball up in the top left of the playfield near Amy, makes a very loud buzzing when it's active. Anyone got any tips for that?

Very common also

#1311 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Very common also

the post buzz? Any potential fixes?

#1312 7 years ago

the post buzz? Any potential fixes?

Its just a vibration from metal on metal and the ball adds to it bc its against metal wall and post. Turn up the volume

#1313 7 years ago

All my LED flashers seemed to flash in the grey gorilla flasher socket when other solenoids fired, replaced with an incandescent and fixed

Now I'm getting a few balls falling off the little metal bridge between the volcano and the plastic ramps on the right hand side! I have repro ramps. Is there a bodge or mod to fix this?

#1314 7 years ago

All my LED flashers seemed to flash in the grey gorilla flasher socket when other solenoids fired, replaced with an incandescent and fixed
Now I'm getting a few balls falling off the little metal bridge between the volcano and the plastic ramps on the right hand side! I have repro ramps. Is there a bodge or mod to fix this?

I Made a metal guide bc fast hit balls wld fly off there

#1315 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I Made a metal guide bc fast hit balls wld fly off there

Can you show me some photos of this please?

#1316 7 years ago

Can you show me some photos of this please?

20160830_175939 (resized).jpg20160830_175939 (resized).jpg20160830_175847 (resized).jpg20160830_175847 (resized).jpg

#1317 7 years ago

Perfect - I'm totally with you now.

Thanks.

#1318 7 years ago

It was a random ramp protector i had laying around but was perfect for this job

#1319 7 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

It was a random ramp protector i had laying around but was perfect for this job

I probably have an old AFM one sat about somewhere - it seems to only go off on that top side after flying nearly 270degrees round the volcano.

#1320 7 years ago

Here we go:

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1321 7 years ago

Noob question:

I did the same thing. When I got me game it didn't have a bulb there and I see why. I quickly yanked my purple flasher. Never thought to try a normal bulb. Wish I didn't just give away my box of old bulbs. Doh

#1322 7 years ago

I've tried a couple different led flashers as the incandescent bulb melted the scoop over the years

White, red, yellow, ultraviolet led flashers...various brands and none of them acted any different than the incandescent.
Maybe there is a short going on?

#1323 7 years ago

Anyone got the backstory to this apparent redaction?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1324 7 years ago

He's currently on holiday and hoping to respond properly at the end of the week.

Unfortunately he hasn't got an answer on this. So I'm going to press ahead and find some longer screws and some plastic tubes or standoffs to push the screen back about 2-3cm so it doesn't hit the speaker panel.

#1325 7 years ago

Anyone got the backstory to this apparent redaction?

They justremoved the year from the legal.

#1326 7 years ago

Unfortunately he hasn't got an answer on this. So I'm going to press ahead and find some longer screws and some plastic tubes or standoffs to push the screen back about 2-3cm so it doesn't hit the speaker panel.

Good luck. Let us know how it turns out. If you figure it out, maybe I'll give it a shot.

#1327 7 years ago

Just picked up a nice Congo for the second time. Had a bit of fade so I took a yellow marker to it. Also some orange for the mouth and eyes. Looks a lot better in person. The colours are more vibrant.

20160908_215720 (resized).jpg20160908_215720 (resized).jpg

20160909_162016 (resized).jpg20160909_162016 (resized).jpg

#1328 7 years ago
Quoted from Cobra:

Just picked up a nice Congo for the second time. Had a bit of fade so I took a yellow marker to it. Also some orange for the mouth and eyes. Looks a lot better in person. The colours are more vibrant.

Alot of the green also,

#1329 7 years ago

I just picked up the plastic protectors from indypinhead, and they look great...a must have to protect the original plastics on this beautiful machine.

Tim was great to deal with as always.

Cheers

#1330 7 years ago
Quoted from scottr:

I just picked up the plastic protectors from indypinhead, and they look great...a must have to protect the original plastics on this beautiful machine.
Cheers

Seconded, they are top notch.

1 week later
#1331 7 years ago
Quoted from scottr:

Cheers

Quoted from Gov:

Seconded, they are top notch.

Thanks guys...

#1332 7 years ago

So... how do you guys keep the "gray gorilla clear plastic" leveled with the playfield in a way that the ball EVER change it's direction when passing through its edges? Is there any magic formula or (just like me), is just trying and trying again (and apparently never get it right)?

#1333 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

So... how do you guys keep the "gray gorilla clear plastic" leveled with the playfield in a way that the ball EVER change it's direction when passing through its edges? Is there any magic formula or (just like me), is just trying and trying again (and apparently never get it right)?

Makrolon sheet over it

#1334 7 years ago

I haven't had any luck 100% smoothing the window area out.

These playfield protectors will smooth it out.
I have 1 on my insert raised F-14 and it is smooth as butter but warn you it makes it a tad faster.

https://pinside.com/pinball/biz/directory/1194-playfield-protectors

#1335 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

It needs to have new rubber installed first than i took a very sturdy book and put over top the window and then ajusted it and it came out very nice. Of course someone held the book firmly on the playfield while i ajusted the window

#1336 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Small rubber around screws keeps tension. I used a credit card at edge of window I adjust so the card does not catch(hang up) on window side and play field side.
I don't see how a book will do anything other than create tension on said rubber.
Amendes if you need pics let me know thru pm.

#1337 7 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

Small rubber around screws keeps tension. I used a credit card at edge of window I adjust so the card does not catch(hang up) on window side and play field side.
I don't see how a book will do anything other than create tension on said rubber.
Amendes if you need pics let me know thru pm.

Worked for me and mine plays awesome . Everyone has different ways of doing things ...he asked so i told how ive did it ...no right or wrong way just whatever works best for you.

#1338 7 years ago

Ball always does funny things over the plastic on my game. Thanks for sharing that info, bigd. I'm going to give that a try on my machine.

2 weeks later
#1339 7 years ago

Seems like my prayers to the Color God have finally been answered...

http://www.pinballnews.com/shows/expo2016/index.html

10 (resized).jpg10 (resized).jpg

#1340 7 years ago

Oh my!

#1341 7 years ago

yup looks really good. Been beta testing it for a while.

#1342 7 years ago

The value of my Congo just went UP !

ColorDMD Rocks !!!

Bud

#1343 7 years ago

Great. I already have the display in the game. When is the code being released?

#1344 7 years ago

It's not officially announced yet, so it could still be a little bit yet.

#1345 7 years ago

20 Year Congo design team mini reunion. John Trudeau, Ernie Hudson and myself at the Stern 30 year celebration.

IMG_1294 (resized).JPGIMG_1294 (resized).JPG

#1346 7 years ago
Quoted from jackbot:

20 Year Congo design team mini reunion. John Trudeau, Ernie Hudson and myself at the Stern 30 year celebration.

Thanks for all the diamonds guys! We have a super cool game because of you!!

#1347 7 years ago
Quoted from jackbot:

#1348 7 years ago

New member. Paid my dues. I bought the game without ever playing it. I'm confident it won't leave even though I only have room for two. Yeah, I'm that confident. The shadow is the other anchor.

IMG_5219 (resized).jpgIMG_5219 (resized).jpg

#1349 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

New member. Paid my dues. I bought the game without ever playing it. I'm confident it won't leave even though I only have room for two. Yeah, I'm that confident. The shadow is the other anchor.

Nice! Can you take a better pic of your speaker panel?

#1350 7 years ago
Quoted from Djshakes:

Man that looks nice!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 27 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/27 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.