Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 56.
#1051 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

which ones look the best to you guys?

I put in mirrors...looks great.

#1052 8 years ago

I finally may be able to join this club but I need some help to determine how much of a project I might be getting into

The bad:
1. The backbox wiring is a cluster f*#k hack job and will need to be totally replaced and required. The original connector is long gone and there are cut wires hanging outside of the existing one. Currently only the far left side lights up.
I don't mind rewiring the lamps and rebuilding the connector but I am a bit worried about getting the correct information and having a good map to follow. No clue if the wire colors are original.

2. Needs a new PF window and several new plastics. Could probably uses a new right ramp. (All available but it adds cost)

3. Has a makeshift VUK fix that works but looks a bit funky.
Does anyone know if Mantis still has replacements available?

4. VUK fires twice upon game start up and twice after each ball eject.
Maybe a switch adjustment but maybe not.

Question on Volvano behavior:
I appears that the balls are immediately launched back out the volcano when you hit the locks. I was under the impression that the balls should be held and only launched when you hit multiball. Can anyone confirm?

5. There is a flasher behind the Grey that flashes each time a flipper makes contact. I have no clue if it is supposed to be there but it seems like odd behavior.

Past that stuff it has some scoop wear which can be fixed by a Cliffy and a small gouge at the entrance to the pops that I can cover with some Mylar.

It plays pretty good and I know the current owner. It's been on route for a while and has been a bit of problem and has needed to be pulled off route a few times so I am a bit hesitant.

What type of value do you guys think it should have and is any of that stuff worrisome? Especially the back box wiring.

Thanks for your feedback!

#1053 8 years ago

It all really depends on the condition of cab and playfield. All that other stuff can be fixed or bought. I would say around 2500 since it does work.

#1054 8 years ago

Cab is in decent shape. Other than the scoop wear and and the gouge by the pops entrance the PF is pretty solid too. The gouge is the worst part.

Thanks,

#1055 8 years ago

Sounds like you cld have a pretty nice congo with some time and new parts .

#1056 8 years ago

Does anyone have the PinSound board installed on a Congo? I've just watched the wonders this sound board does to TZ, TAF, JM....., but could not find Congo anywhere....

#1057 8 years ago

Can someone post a picture of the wiring to the main power box in the front right corner of the cab. The metal box with the 2 connectors on top that the main power switch is attached to.

#1058 8 years ago

I have a set of boneless lane guide covers here for $65 shipped.

I can also do the bone-in versions for $80 shipped.

Please send payment via PayPal to [email protected]

Please put in the notes what you're buying

Thanks!

- Brock

20160212_101347_(resized).jpg20160212_101347_(resized).jpg

6b35e5881b931ec4cfb1ff7f82d561448eb92c9c_(resized).jpg6b35e5881b931ec4cfb1ff7f82d561448eb92c9c_(resized).jpg

2101c76d6251ed84d29ff78c9b99ea0ddd41cd11_(resized).jpg2101c76d6251ed84d29ff78c9b99ea0ddd41cd11_(resized).jpg

78302f9f5582d50011ec17b96e253f63a8457a5d_(resized).jpg78302f9f5582d50011ec17b96e253f63a8457a5d_(resized).jpg

aca81dcca6ef6b130176b9b54ce22315a0f10fd4_(resized).jpgaca81dcca6ef6b130176b9b54ce22315a0f10fd4_(resized).jpg

c4e7482cb97b614f41030d43d20b420a122cd5bf_(resized).jpgc4e7482cb97b614f41030d43d20b420a122cd5bf_(resized).jpg

#1059 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Can someone post a picture of the wiring to the main power box in the front right corner of the cab. The metal box with the 2 connectors on top that the main power switch is attached to.

Here are a couple of photos for you from my Congo.

Gord

DSCN0073_(resized).JPGDSCN0073_(resized).JPG
DSCN0069_(resized).JPGDSCN0069_(resized).JPG

#1060 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

Here are a couple of photos for you from my Congo.
Gord
DSCN0073_(resized).JPG
DSCN0069_(resized).JPG

Thanks! Is that an original north american or a reimport? Its looks mint!!!

#1061 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Thanks! Is that an original north american or a reimport? Its looks mint!!!

I assume it is an original North American as I purchased it from someone in the US and had it shipped to Bryan Kelly for a restoration about 3 years ago.

Gord

DSCN3453_(resized).JPGDSCN3453_(resized).JPG
DSCN0090_(resized).JPGDSCN0090_(resized).JPG
DSCN0077_(resized).JPGDSCN0077_(resized).JPG
DSCN0078_(resized).JPGDSCN0078_(resized).JPG
DSCN0079_(resized).JPGDSCN0079_(resized).JPG
DSCN0085_(resized).JPGDSCN0085_(resized).JPG
DSCN0081_(resized).JPGDSCN0081_(resized).JPG
DSCN0082_(resized).JPGDSCN0082_(resized).JPG

#1062 8 years ago

Wow just wow!!! If you ever want to sell ( which i doubt you will) i know it would be high dollar but id want it! Beautiful machine

#1063 8 years ago

Amy likes pinball....

20160214_210818_(resized).jpg20160214_210818_(resized).jpg

#1064 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Wow just wow!!! If you ever want to sell ( which i doubt you will) i know it would be high dollar but id want it! Beautiful machine

Thanks. Bryan did a really nice job on the restoration and I am very happy with it.

Gord

#1065 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Same here!

#1066 8 years ago

Fun game,for sure.

IMG_1024_(resized).JPGIMG_1024_(resized).JPG

#1067 8 years ago

Just bought this NOS been looking a long time

received_10153738256266348_(resized).jpegreceived_10153738256266348_(resized).jpeg

#1068 8 years ago

Can't be too many of those out there. Nice find.

#1069 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just bought this NOS been looking a long time

received_10153738256266348_(resized).jpeg

nice score!

Where did you find it?

#1071 8 years ago

Almost 2 years I was searching so happy I got it but paid alot for it.

#1072 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just bought this NOS

??/! Where in the world did that come from?

#1073 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Almost 2 years I was searching so happy I got it but paid alot for it.

Very nice find indeed. I picked up a really nice used Congo volcano ramp (cleaned up very nicely and no cracks or chips) back in November of 2013 from someone who had a complete Congo populated playfield that he was parting out.

The game was water damaged from Hurricane Sandy IIRC and the cabinet and boards were pretty toasted so he was selling anything that was salvageable.

Gord

1 week later
#1074 8 years ago

Epic game tonight
I keep seeing something I haven't done before. So much fun.

image_(resized).jpegimage_(resized).jpeg

#1075 8 years ago

Wow what a game ...... mine still kicks my ass

#1076 8 years ago

Tons of diamonds to

#1077 8 years ago

Congo is in the house! So happy to finally have one after a year of looking.

But now the fun begins of fixing stuff that's broke and putting in a ton of new parts.

Can anyone please send me some high resolution detailed pics of their light box, specifically the wiring including the connector?

Mine has been hacked up and I am not even sure if the existing wire colors are correct.
Thanks!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

#1078 8 years ago

So I found this... It's amazing, the poster would be perfect for a translite

But to acquire the poster, all 3 skateboards have to be purchased.

What do yall think?

http://www.oldskullskateboards.com/creature-partanen-primitive-pro-limited-edition-deck-only-500-made-8-2-x-31-9/

image_(resized).jpgimage_(resized).jpg

#1079 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

So I found this... It's amazing, the poster would be perfect for a translite
But to acquire the poster, all 3 skateboards have to be purchased.
What do yall think?
http://www.oldskullskateboards.com/creature-partanen-primitive-pro-limited-edition-deck-only-500-made-8-2-x-31-9/
image_(resized).jpg

Replace creature with congo and I'd be in for a translight like that.

#1080 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

But now the fun begins of fixing stuff that's broke and putting in a ton of new parts.
Can anyone please send me some high resolution detailed pics of their light box, specifically the wiring including the connector?
Mine has been hacked up and I am not even sure if the existing wire colors are correct.
Thanks!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Well your missing the flashers first off. I had a diagram of all wire colors and where the went.. ill see if I can locate it. I had to replace all my sockets on mine

#1081 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Thanks!

image.jpegimage.jpeg

Here i have 25 pictures for you. My Congo Insert panel was missing and a friend took some pictures for me from all angles + connector.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-11365151/Congo_InsertPanel.zip.html

#1082 8 years ago

Had a great game tonight.... first time I bumped into Midnight Multiball Madness! DOHO!!!

#1083 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

first time I bumped into Midnight Multiball Madness!

still haven't got that...finally cracked 3 billion though

#1084 8 years ago

Finally got my Congo running. Biggest problem was the Rottendog av board taking a dump. It took forever but finally fixed. Thanks, Rottendog! I'm still working on a few details, though.

One issue is the volcano ball eject. Balls are suppose to spill out onto the ramp but mine fly out like a cannon and land in the middle of the playfield. The scoop looks fine (no damage) and even has padding material to slow the ball down. The coil is the right one according to the manual. Any idea how to fix this?

DSC_8162_(resized).JPGDSC_8162_(resized).JPG

#1085 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Finally got my Congo running. Biggest problem was the Rottendog av board taking a dump. It took forever but finally fixed. Thanks, Rottendog! I'm still working on a few details, though.
One issue is the volcano ball eject. Balls are suppose to spill out onto the ramp but mine fly out like a cannon and land in the middle of the playfield. The scoop looks fine (no damage) and even has padding material to slow the ball down. The coil is the right one according to the manual. Any idea how to fix this?

DSC_8162_(resized).JPG

is the weldement broke maybe it needs to be bent more or re- welded.

#1086 8 years ago

Out of all the machines I've sold over the years, this is one that has never crossed my mind to move on.

One of the most under rated game ever, if it was called or themed "king kong" it would classed as a classic!

#1087 8 years ago
Quoted from danloads:

Out of all the machines I've sold over the years, this is one that has never crossed my mind to move on.
One of the most under rated game ever, if it was called or themed "king kong" it would classed as a classic!

it is a classic by far my favorite game will be the last to leave.

#1088 8 years ago

@jawjaw I like your LED lighting choices. Looks good!

#1089 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

DSC_8162_(resized).JPG

Quoted from freddy:

Hi,

I had a similar problem on my Congo and fixed it 100 percent by replacing the volcano weldment with a replacement volcano weldment from Mantis Amusements.

http://www.mantisamusements.com/congo.htm

Gord

#1090 8 years ago
Quoted from GRB1959:

weldment from Mantis Amusements.

replaced all my scoops with mantis, no issues

#1091 8 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

@jawjaw I like your LED lighting choices. Looks good!

Thanks, it's still a work in progress. I'm using sunlight in most of gi. The lower playfield is pretty bright so not sure I like that. I do like the colors - yellow bendies and purple to light the guerrilla.

Quoted from freddy:

It does not look bent out of shape or broken anywhere. I will give the mantis a try. Thanks.

#1092 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

It does not look bent out of shape or broken anywhere. I will give the mantis a try. Thanks.

Post a close up pic...sometimes those welds can "look" good but when a ball is launched they separate a little

#1093 8 years ago

Picked up a used congo playfield on ebay have it getting touched up and clear coated now.

#1094 8 years ago
Quoted from knazzo:

Here i have 25 pictures for you. My Congo Insert panel was missing and a friend took some pictures for me from all angles + connector.
http://www.file-upload.net/download-11365151/Congo_InsertPanel.zip.html

You are my hero!!! Thank you so much for those pictures. They will be very helpful for me and anyone else who has to re wire their back box lights.

#1095 8 years ago

I'm having a problem with the three ball popper under the volcano. When there is more than one ball in it, it will shoot one ball out, but the next ball gets trapped under the plunger. The plunger will not retract and no more balls will be ejected. How on earth can this all of a sudden start? Any suggestions as to a fix? Relatively new popper assembly too!

#1096 8 years ago

Hey gang, I have 4 sets of Congo 3D inlane plastics ready to ship.

#1097 8 years ago
Quoted from trufflepiggy:

I'm having a problem with the three ball popper under the volcano. When there is more than one ball in it, it will shoot one ball out, but the next ball gets trapped under the plunger. The plunger will not retract and no more balls will be ejected. How on earth can this all of a sudden start? Any suggestions as to a fix? Relatively new popper assembly too!

Pull it out, clean the optos, check the kicker mech and see if it moves easily.
See if that helps or if you find anything.

#1098 8 years ago
Quoted from pinball_customs:

Hey gang, I have 4 sets of Congo 3D inlane plastics ready to ship.

Just got a set last week look amazing.!

#1099 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

Just got a set last week look amazing.!

Me to ....very nice upgrade

#1100 8 years ago
Quoted from JosiahCox:

Pull it out, clean the optos, check the kicker mech and see if it moves easily.
See if that helps or if you find anything.

Everything is clean and working smoothly. The ball gets trapped under the plunger when it is all the way up, and will not retract! The screw holding the plastic plunger was a bit loose, but the problem continues.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 5.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 37.50
$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 649.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Playfield - Plastics
The Pinball Scientist

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/22 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.