Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.
#901 8 years ago
Quoted from kklank:

We can settle the difference in values with cash.

how much cash are you offering along with ACDC prem...

#902 8 years ago

I just ordered the Polk sub. Should be here tomorrow.

#903 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

how much cash are you offering along with ACDC prem...

hehe.... I know we all here are Congo lovers, but to say that it's worth more than an AC/DC (or a TotAN), is just too much!!!!

#904 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

hehe.... I know we all here are Congo lovers, but to say that it's worth more than an AC/DC (or a TotAN), is just too much!!!!

it was sarcasm as I know the value of ACDC is more in secondary market...

That said you would have to pay me along with that crapy ACDC premium in order to get my congo. Congo is one of my favorites and ACDC is one of the worst games ever made.

JMHO

also, he is posting in the congo club thread. In this thread all games are inferior

#905 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

it was sarcasm as I know the value of ACDC is more in secondary market...
That said you would have to pay me along with that crapy ACDC premium in order to get my congo. Congo is one of my favorites and ACDC is one of the worst games ever made.
JMHO
also, he is posting in the congo club thread. In this thread all games are inferior

Yeah, I know... but where else could he be more fortunate on finding Congo pins here?

Anyway, don't get me wrong but I think it's a shame this AC/DC is not near me....

#906 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

and ACDC is one of the worst games ever made.

i think South Park takes that honor.

and i think ACDC is one of Sterns best. but thats just my opinion. and we are all entitled to that.

#907 8 years ago

Some of you just like whacking AcDC bells with balls

Congo = $ + AcDC prem

I think I'll have that printed on my next Texas pin fest shirt , HeyO!

#908 8 years ago

Better yet: Congo = AC/DC + TotAN.

#909 8 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

"In early A/V boards, C47 and C51 were stuffed from the factory. In later boards, they were not installed. They were determined to make the audio scratchy in some games. I just clip these out as force of habit. No game needs them.
Congo, AFM, TOTAN, Safecracker and Scared Stiff had an upgraded sound ROM released for it that fixed a buzzing problem at power up. If you have one of those games, and your sound ROM reports version 1.0, you should install the 1.1 sound ROM. If you need one, let me know, I can prepare one and ship it out" Taken from JohnWartJr in a different thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-log-ngg-wpc-95-av-board
While I personally have not dealt with Congo, on my SS I had a bad buzz in the speakers and it was very distorted when I got the game. Clipping off C47 and C51 cleaned up the signal tremendously. Switching out my sound roms to 1.1 cleaned up the rest of the buzzing I had. Congo is the 1st WPC-95 and could also suffer from these symptoms. Food for thought

My Congo's speakers just started buzzing at startup. I'm going to check the sound rom version later today. If I do have 1.0, could you send me version 1.1? Happy to pay you for your trouble.

#910 8 years ago
Quoted from Rockytop:

My Congo's speakers just started buzzing at startup. I'm going to check the sound rom version later today. If I do have 1.0, could you send me version 1.1? Happy to pay you for your trouble.

Hey there,
I don't have the means do roms. Johnwartjr at thatpinballplace.com is where I order all mine from. If you just need the rom file to burn your own, it can be found at ipdb.org
Hope that helps.

#911 8 years ago

Hooked up the sub. That thing booms with the pop bumpers.

#912 8 years ago

External subs are the next frontier for me. My family is going to hate that.

#913 8 years ago

I just realized that I've never posted my mind map here in the owner's thread (sorry for the cross-post).

Congo_mind_map.jpgCongo_mind_map.jpg

#914 8 years ago

Hey, very nice indeed!!!! Do you have one for JM as well?

#915 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Hey, very nice indeed!!!! Do you have one for JM as well?

Will do when I get my JM up and running again...soon!

#916 8 years ago
Quoted from Sethman:

Hey there,
I don't have the means do roms. Johnwartjr at thatpinballplace.com is where I order all mine from. If you just need the rom file to burn your own, it can be found at ipdb.org
Hope that helps.

Cool, thanks for your help. It's funny, the buzz just went away and hasn't happened the last 10 plays or so.

#917 8 years ago

Anyone have a lower playfield scan or artwork? I would really appreciate help with this. Thanks

#918 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Anyone have a lower playfield scan or artwork? I would really appreciate help with this. Thanks

if you need one you can buy it from here for $41 AUD = $29 USD at the moment - 4 left

http://www.pinballspareparts.com.au/31-2530.html

#919 8 years ago

Thanks, but I need the art from the bottom of the playfield, not the mini playfield. Should have been more specific.

#920 8 years ago
Quoted from woody76:

Thanks, but I need the art from the bottom of the playfield, not the mini playfield. Should have been more specific.

no worries, maybe go to vpforum and download the scan of a congo playfield

#921 8 years ago

Swampfire - thanks for the map! I learned a few things.

#922 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Swampfire - thanks for the map! I learned a few things.

Yeah, me too!

#923 8 years ago

The volcano jackpot shot during multiball should be worth 2x the left ramp. No........10x!

#924 8 years ago

map is very cool. Only thing I would add is the moving target skill shot goes up 5 million every time you hit it so with a bunch of locked balls and a few extra balls it's value can get over 30 million quickly.

#925 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

map is very cool. Only thing I would add is the moving target skill shot goes up 5 million every time you hit it so with a bunch of locked balls and a few extra balls it's value can get over 30 million quickly.

Forget about the skill shot. Go for the SUPER Skill Shot... 25 mil.

#926 8 years ago

Anyone one know where a STTNG shaker motor can be had? Pinbits has been out of stock for a while.

#927 8 years ago

Finally back in the club. Got the one I sold a few years back....Pf seems a little dark with the LEDs I use a while back. Ill prob upgrade them but did anyone add lighting your GI? My colors look great but game still a little too dark to play. Thinking of adding a few spots as well.

#928 8 years ago

I just got one with full led package and it still seemed dark even with 4 spotlights. I hate spotlights so removed them and replaced some of the green and red leds with bright white and then added 3 led strips. One strip by upper flipper and another strip over by pop bumpers and then one big one all the way across the back.

#929 8 years ago

Woody post some pics if you get time. Thanks !

#930 8 years ago

You can always go progressively brighter with different bulbs

Op-Max> Twin 2835 > 1 SMD

You likely have 1 SMD.

Strips will help, and our new longer, denser, Apron, Backsplash, and regular will be released shortly, as they past
testing today!

They look Great! Yeah!

#931 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

You can always go progressively brighter with different bulbs
Op-Max> Twin 2835 > 1 SMD
You likely have 1 SMD.
Strips will help, and our new longer, denser, Apron, Backsplash, and regular will be released shortly, as they past
testing today!
They look Great! Yeah!

looks like a comet order coming

#932 8 years ago

II play in complete darkness and have no issues seeing the ball. I used 1and 2 smd bulbs. I used alot of cool white and not all green like alot of people so it looks much better imo.20150429_215332.jpg20150429_215332.jpg

#933 8 years ago

Click pic to see whole game

#934 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I just realized that I've never posted my mind map here in the owner's thread (sorry for the cross-post).

Congo_mind_map.jpg

anyway to sharpen this up and make it is a readable size that can go in place of a rule card?

#935 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

anyway to sharpen this up and make it is a readable size that can go in place of a rule card?

That would be really hard to read. My goal is to make a binder of these for all the pins in my gameroom, so people can thumb through them to understand the games.

#936 8 years ago

I like to post these every 6-12 months, as a reminder of what a Congo used to look like. To each his own, I guess.

IMG_2645.jpgIMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2646.jpgIMG_2646.jpg
IMG_2653.jpgIMG_2653.jpg

#937 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

My goal is to make a binder of these for all the pins in my gameroom, so people can thumb through them to understand the games.

Looking forward to the JM one.

#938 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I like to post these every 6-12 months, as a reminder of what a Congo used to look like. To each his own, I guess.
IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2646.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg

Beautiful... Makes me want to use retro warm led's from cointaker.

#939 8 years ago
Quoted from swampfire:

IMG_2645.jpg
IMG_2646.jpg
IMG_2653.jpg

looks good in incandescent color temperature for sure but those bad boys just arent bright enough. I just picked up a congo this week. got it tuned up and playing but still need to mop up all the green puke in the gi. actually had some purple bulbs under the green plastics

"hey that looks great ma...." SMACK

#940 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

looks good in incandescent color temperature for sure but those bad boys just arent bright enough. I just picked up a congo this week. got it tuned up and playing but still need to mop up all the green puke in the gi. actually had some purple bulbs under the green plastics
"hey that looks great ma...." SMACK

Yea that congo definitely needed the lights redone lol .

#941 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Yea that congo definitely needed the lights redone lol .

I just did a quick blitz job, fixed some switches and tuned the flippers. Those metal ramps actually cleaned right up I was pretty surprised. i got that baby jacked way the f up. right now we are in "test mode" thats when you say you are "testing the game so you know what to target in the shop" but really you are just too hasty to wait to with play your new toy.

I'll post some pics when I'm done. good news is new coin door and those legs were awesome. we worked in the brand new plastic set and another taf plastic set into the deal. I like those guys especially the howard stern dude

#942 8 years ago
Quoted from rcbrown316:

looks good in incandescent color temperature for sure but those bad boys just aren't bright enough.

I agree, it's too dark to play without some overhead light. Eventually I'll add some spotlights, like I did for Dirty Harry.

#943 8 years ago

Just saw a picture in Pinball News of a guy playing a Congo with a Color DMD sign on the top taken today!!!

#944 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Just saw a picture in Pinball News of a guy playing a Congo with a Color DMD sign on the top taken today!!!

Fingers crossed!

#945 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Man, what a tease - can't see the DMD!

Congo-CDMD.jpgCongo-CDMD.jpg

#946 8 years ago

Somebody at expo! Take another pic!!!

#947 8 years ago

arnold-do-it-now-mvpexchange-com.jpgarnold-do-it-now-mvpexchange-com.jpg

#948 8 years ago

Wld they have that sign on top even if it was sigma?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 37.50
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 48.00
Lighting - Backbox
Arcade Upkeep

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 19 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/19 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.