Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 56.
#751 8 years ago

Doesn't the newest rom have an issue with awarding extra ball when amy is active? It just sits in the saucer and doesn't eject.

#752 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

The newest rom does something like give you a map award when it should be a multiball that you earned...something like that
I'll try to remember to dig up the scoop on the roms

Genuine Williams/Bally Replacement Part

By Permission of Planetary Pinball Supply, Inc

This is a the chip containing the game code for Congo version 2.1. It is the latest version available from Bally/Williams. Please read below to see the improvements this offers. The chip will be ready to plug and play and will come with an installed official bally williams sticker. Purchaser must read and agree to the license agreement located below. Also a copy will be e mailed to buyer with installation instructions.

C O N G O Game ROM G-11

Revision 2.10 Date 10/7/96
Sound rev 1.0 or 1.0-kit

2.10 Checksum $2121

These changes have been made to the game since the rev. 2.00

1. Fixed a bug in the ball save adjustment so you can now
turn ball saves off.

2. Fixed a bug in the attract mode display that showed garbage
if there was more than one replay level to display.

3. Fixed skill fire total display to use smaller font if total
is 1 Billion or more.

4. Fixed a lockup bug if you get a replay with the award
set to audit.

5. Added a fix to stop the plunger double kick at powerup.

6. Changed BUYIN so it now will restart the timer if money is
inserted during the last moments of the buy-in time.

7. Updated apple version to make the new printers work.

WILLIAMS ELECTRONICS GAMES, INC. SOFTWARE LICENSE

#753 8 years ago

Officially Joined!

Pictures to follow.........Rainy Weekend fun shopping out!

#754 8 years ago

Thanks for the post amendes !

FYI. I found my old data on the rom bugs

"* - There is a bug in the software (version 2.1) that awards Jungle Jackpot mode instead of Multiball that is indicated on the map.
Too bad because multiball would have added more variety since Jungle jackpot would have already been awarded two times before you got to this award."

So I guess you have to make a choice between the "bug" you prefer

I'd rather get the correct award in 2.0 game play as the fixes in 2.1 really aren't relevant or important to me.

#755 8 years ago

Is putting it in tournament mode help ?

#756 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Officially Joined!
Pictures to follow.........Rainy Weekend fun shopping out!

Nice. I'm semi-official. Bought a Congo from fellow pinsider in Florida. It's on a truck somewhere so won't be official to me until it's in my house. Can't wait! Such a great game but everyone here knows that.

I'm going to need the plastic that is above the satellite targets. Does anyone know where to find that one piece or do I have to buy the complete set?

From reading up on Congo, it seems like there may be issues with the volcano chute. Can someone school me on what that is about? I'm not a big mod person when it comes to sticking toys on the playfield but I like to add things that protect or improve performance.

#757 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Nice. I'm semi-official. Bought a Congo from fellow pinsider in Florida. It's on a truck somewhere so won't be official to me until it's in my house. Can't wait! Such a great game but everyone here knows that.
I'm going to need the plastic that is above the satellite targets. Does anyone know where to find that one piece or do I have to buy the complete set?
From reading up on Congo, it seems like there may be issues with the volcano chute. Can someone school me on what that is about? I'm not a big mod person when it comes to sticking toys on the playfield but I like to add things that protect or improve performance.

I believe alot of us have extras from buying new full sets. Also theres a mantis scoop that takes care of any concerns withbthe volcano. When u receive it take a few pics and we will let u know if its been upgraded

#758 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

There's a friend of mine here in Brazil who makes nice repro plastics, Congo included....

#759 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe alot of us have extras from buying new full sets. Also theres a mantis scoop that takes care of any concerns withbthe volcano. When u receive it take a few pics and we will let u know if its been upgraded

Cool, I will check it out when I get it. The plastic I need has the red part with TraviCom on it. Anyone have an extra?

http://www.pinball.center/media/image/image_43598_1.jpg

#760 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Cool, I will check it out when I get it. The plastic I need has the red part with TraviCom on it. Anyone have an extra?

The one under the ramp in the pops ok ?

#761 8 years ago

Cleaned up very nice! A few more things to fix, and then Ill tinker with flashers, and volcano lighting.

I preferred the back box in all frosted Sunlight. The light box in this, with colored LEDs bounced and bled the colors in a way
I wasnt happy. It doesnt mean I wont tinker with the back box, maybe blinkers or color changing in the crystals.
Pretty easy LED change on this game, and if one prefers greens, blues, or Orange in GI, its only a few bulbs,
I wanted to see the green in the plastics pop.
The lower window is Orange and Yellow, interchanged...I may add some warm White strips down there...not sure yet.
For the Crystals, I went color changing Optix.
Ill post an LED list when I am done with flashers, but with white crystals, in Twin 2835, It seems to run around $110!
Not a bad savings from a kit price!

Ill also be setting this up with some of our new products coming out and take better pictures!

congo_old.jpgcongo_old.jpg

congo.jpgcongo.jpg

#762 8 years ago

Are you loving the game play tho ? Thats what is important

#763 8 years ago

Its fun....I picked it up for a few different reasons, one was product testing,

I'm hooked on TWD, right now, so its impossible to compare.

I guess what I feel, is its fast when it needs to be, its easy on the ears, and just light fun!
All shots are rewarding, and I like the saucers!

Just different from the last few months of Stern.

#764 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

The one under the ramp in the pops ok ?

I believe so. Sounds like that one breaks easily so I will make sure it is good when I get the game.

#765 8 years ago

Art - I like the idea of color changers in the diamond inserts. It would be cool to see more pics. Such a big difference in the before after pics.

#766 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I believe so. Sounds like that one breaks easily so I will make sure it is good when I get the game.

Yea u sld get the shapeways protector for it

#767 8 years ago

Just installed new window

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

image_3.jpgimage_3.jpg

#768 8 years ago

Beautiful!

#769 8 years ago

Thanks.

#770 8 years ago

New parts make such a big difference especially when they are clear

#771 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Yes, I do!20150902_174610.jpg20150902_174610.jpg

#772 8 years ago

Would anyone have this famous plastic, or know of a US vendor...?
I see its at Pinball Center.

Thanks!

image_43597_1_484x484.jpgimage_43597_1_484x484.jpg

#773 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks!

image_43597_1_484x484.jpg

pretty sure that is all that has it

not sure if you know but I designed a protector plastic to go under that plastic to save it from cracking

https://www.shapeways.com/search?q=swinkscongo

#774 8 years ago

Thanks Swinks....its on my list! Nice work!

#775 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks!

I also got a spare one... anyone interested on these plastics, just PM me!

#776 8 years ago

Does anyone else have this ramp protector installed? Given the damage on mine something tells me I should keep it...

20150906_152908.jpg20150906_152908.jpg20150906_152719.jpg20150906_152719.jpg20150906_152304.jpg20150906_152304.jpg20150906_152255.jpg20150906_152255.jpg

#777 8 years ago

I have it on mine as its a factory protector. Only thing you need is the plastic under that ramp that is always broken and the shapeways protector under it.

#778 8 years ago

Anyone on the west coast want to help me get in the club?

#779 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I have it on mine as its a factory protector. Only thing you need is the plastic under that ramp that is always broken and the shapeways protector under it.

I see... I didn't know it was an original factory part... Though I prefer to let my ramp without it because it gives a better/cleaner look, I think I'll have to keep it mounted!

As for the Gorilla plastic, I have a new replacement one.... I just have to find some time to replace it because I saw that it's not so simple.... got to dismount the ramp....

#780 8 years ago

Mine came with a post rubber under the jump ramp. The person used too long of a bolt in the post under it and slid half of a post rubber onto it. Works great to protect the fragile jump ramp.

#781 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Mine came with a post rubber under the jump ramp. The person used too long of a bolt in the post under it and slid half of a post rubber onto it. Works great to protect the fragile jump ramp.

Pics?

#782 8 years ago

Finally got my Congo today so now an official member. I've been having a few issues and came across some loose connectors in the back under the playfield. Game for the most part is working fine and I see no where to plug them in. Maybe they are just unused connectors. Can anyone confirm that?

DSC_7889.jpgDSC_7889.jpg

#783 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Finally got my Congo today so now an official member. I've been having a few issues and came across some loose connectors in the back under the playfield. Game for the most part is working fine and I see no where to plug them in. Maybe they are just unused connectors. Can anyone confirm that?

DSC_7889.jpg

Correct congo has a bunch of unused connectors. What issues are you having ?

#784 8 years ago

I unfortunately do not have any pictures of it and would have to remove parts of my game. I am under a tight deadline at work right now but afterwards if you are still interested I can snap a few, just remind me as I have the memory of a sponge (though I check this thread daily, or feel free to pm me).

#785 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

I unfortunately do not have any pictures of it and would have to remove parts of my game. I am under a tight deadline at work right now but afterwards if you are still interested I can snap a few, just remind me as I have the memory of a sponge (though I check this thread daily, or feel free to pm me).

a pic would be awsome eventually. even from the top through the clear jump ramp (if that's possible.) I'll try to remind you in the future.

#786 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Does anyone else have this ramp protector installed? Given the damage on mine something says I should keep it...
20150906_152908.jpg 20150906_152719.jpg 20150906_152304.jpg 20150906_152255.jpg

I don't even own that protector. Perhaps I should get one...

#787 8 years ago
Quoted from Mitch:

a pic would be awsome eventually. even from the top through the clear jump ramp (if that's possible.) I'll try to remind you in the future.

Hopefully these pictures explain it. All I have is my cell phone. http://imgur.com/a/3GXaE

#788 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Correct congo has a bunch of unused connectors. What issues are you having ?

Thanks for the reply. Figured it was no big deal.

I think most of my issues are minor. I am getting a buzz in the speakers. Might be from the display because I know they do that but it's kinda loud. Sounds like there is some interference in the signal but audio sounds good. Three times I had a very loud buzz screech during a game that lasted about 2-3 seconds. I reseated connectors and hadn't had that issue over several games. Sometimes the music does seem to cut out but not sure if that is part of the game. I can deal with that but not the super loud buzz going off. Might be something going on with the audio but will wait and see before doing anything about it.

I lost half the GI but pretty sure that is just a fuse. I also have a flaky rollover switch so might have to replace that. The game has mirror blades and they sure make raising and lowering the playfield difficult. Very, very tight. They look cool so hate to remove them.

#789 8 years ago

"In early A/V boards, C47 and C51 were stuffed from the factory. In later boards, they were not installed. They were determined to make the audio scratchy in some games. I just clip these out as force of habit. No game needs them.

Congo, AFM, TOTAN, Safecracker and Scared Stiff had an upgraded sound ROM released for it that fixed a buzzing problem at power up. If you have one of those games, and your sound ROM reports version 1.0, you should install the 1.1 sound ROM. If you need one, let me know, I can prepare one and ship it out" Taken from JohnWartJr in a different thread https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/repair-log-ngg-wpc-95-av-board

While I personally have not dealt with Congo, on my SS I had a bad buzz in the speakers and it was very distorted when I got the game. Clipping off C47 and C51 cleaned up the signal tremendously. Switching out my sound roms to 1.1 cleaned up the rest of the buzzing I had. Congo is the 1st WPC-95 and could also suffer from these symptoms. Food for thought

#790 8 years ago

Thanks for the info, Sethman. I'm a little nervous hacking things off boards but will check out what I have tonight.

Can someone tell me what the deal is with the volcano scoop? I see that Mantis sells one that is supposed to be better. I'm guessing the stock one may break and thus lead to damaging the volcano. Mine seems fine but does shoot out hard sometimes. Previous owner put the velcro stuff on it to help control that. Here is what mine looks like.

congo_volcano.jpgcongo_volcano.jpg

#791 8 years ago

I think that Is the mantis one?

#792 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Thanks!

Greetings Art! Did you find that part anywhere in the US? If so...where? Best, Charlie

#793 8 years ago

Hi Charlie,

Alex in South America had one...that was the only response, and with his kindness, is on its way!

Still tweaking the lights, that you asked about....

Art

#794 8 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Hi Charlie,
Alex in South America had one...that was the only response, and with his kindness, is on its way!
Still tweaking the lights, that you asked about....
Art

Thanks Art! Congo in the house and I love it! Does anyone know where I can get a replacement VUK mystery hole scoop?

#795 8 years ago
Quoted from FLpinball:

Thanks Art! Congo in the house and I love it! Does anyone know where I can get a replacement VUK mystery hole scoop?

Congrats!! I too just bought one. Driving out to your old neck of the woods, Pittsburgh, to pick it up this Saturday. Very much up to your standards

#796 8 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Thanks for the info, Sethman. I'm a little nervous hacking things off boards but will check out what I have tonight.
Can someone tell me what the deal is with the volcano scoop? I see that Mantis sells one that is supposed to be better. I'm guessing the stock one may break and thus lead to damaging the volcano. Mine seems fine but does shoot out hard sometimes. Previous owner put the velcro stuff on it to help control that. Here is what mine looks like.

I repaired mine with some welding. but a few times they would still spit out. I saw some where that someone put a padded foam at the top of the scope, like felt furniture protector cut to fit. I did that to mine and I have had no issues what so ever. In fact I have the believe that it is def. been gentler on my scoop as well.

#797 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Congrats!! I too just bought one. Driving out to your old neck of the woods, Pittsburgh, to pick it up this Saturday. Very much up to your standards

U finally got one bud? I just cant part with mine and keep dumping more money into it lol. Shes about new now

#798 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

U finally got one bud? I just cant part with mine and keep dumping more money into it lol. Shes about new now

Yes I Did
I'll post some pics and details over the weekend.
Your Congo sounds like my Shadow. At least this one comes completely restored and well worth the dough!

#799 8 years ago
Quoted from Syco54645:

Hopefully these pictures explain it. All I have is my cell phone. http://imgur.com/a/3GXaE

perfect thanks

#800 8 years ago
Quoted from TaTa:

Yes I Did
I'll post some pics and details over the weekend.
Your Congo sounds like my Shadow. At least this one comes completely restored and well worth the dough!

Restored or just super nice like mine with new everything?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 219.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Lit Frames

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 27.50
Boards
Pinball Haus

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 8.00
Tools
Nezzy's Pinball Prints

$ 285.99
Cabinet - Other
PinSound

Great pinball charity
Pinball Edu
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 16 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/16 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.