Screenshot_20240219-210553 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240218-211229 (resized).png
Stuck Ball on Congo (resized).jpg
20240211_173727 (resized).jpg
20240211_192801 (resized).jpg
IMG_0332 (resized).jpeg
20240204_001418 (resized).jpg
20240204_001432 (resized).jpg
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 56.
#701 8 years ago

Does anyone have the green tinted aftermarket mini playfield cover installed? How's it look like? Pics?

1 week later
#702 8 years ago

if anyone needs the trough and ramp yellow bumper plugs check out my add.
https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/for-sale-for-sale-4-x-1-yellow-bumper-plugs

detail.jpgdetail.jpg

#703 8 years ago

Anyone in MD/VA/PA looking to leave the club. I have a nice Williams Indiana Jones to trade.

#704 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

Anyone in MD/VA/PA looking to leave the club. I have a nice Williams Indiana Jones to trade.

Wow man.... I wouldn't do that. ...

#705 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Wow man.... I wouldn't do that. ...

Congo getting tough to find...Would also want wash back. Love Indy but lots out there.

#706 8 years ago
Quoted from billsfanmd:

interesting trade. tough call though would like to see pics of indy.

#707 8 years ago
Quoted from freddy:

interesting trade. tough call though would like to see pics of indy.

Im pretty sure he dont mean even trade as his ij is valued around 5k a lot of people think their congo may be worth that but its definitely not and thats coming from a owner of a very nice one. However I cld see a trade and 1500 to 1700 coming to mike of course for a really nice congo .

#708 8 years ago

I would prob want back 1k+ my indy is very nice plays perfect and has some popular mods

#709 8 years ago

Trade him yours then.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Im pretty sure he dont mean even trade as his ij is valued around 5k a lot of people think their congo may be worth that but its definitely not and thats coming from a owner of a very nice one. However I cld see a trade and 1500 to 1700 coming to mike of course for a really nice congo .

#710 8 years ago

Im pondering the idea

#711 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mine's worth 5k with all the stuff I have in it. Once you get a shaker motor in there and a bunch of other goodies (along with great condition), you are talking between 4-5.

You know how I know mine is worth 5k? It's not going anywhere for less than that.

#712 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

It's not going anywhere for less than that

aint that the truth!

Congo is bolted to the floor. One of those games that I never plan to part with (esp since they are harder and harder to find in good shape).

Congo is worth every bit of a straight up trade for IJ.

Quoted from bigd1979:

Im pondering the idea

I would only be pondering if it were straight up. Go put some time on a nice IJ and then go back home and play your nice Congo and see what your gut tells you.

#713 8 years ago

I proudly own an extremely well restored Congo, but would trade for an IJ in a blink of an eye. I think both theme and gameplay are way better!

Here in Brazil there are plenty of Congos, lots for sale (as I'm noticing, unlike in the US). On the other hand, IJ pinball machines are extremely hard to find! Down here an IJ is worth at least 2 Congos.

#714 8 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

I proudly own an extremely well restored Congo, but would trade for an IJ in a blink of an eye. I think both theme and gameplay are way better!
Here in Brazil there are plenty of Congos, lots for sale (as I'm noticing, unlike in the US). On the other hand, IJ pinball machines are extremely hard to find! Down here an IJ is worth at least 2 Congos.

I think location is key. I have a full price offer to ship indy where they are hard to find. 2 or 3 years ago I had a guy beg me to get his Congo at 1400. What happened to this pin is crazy.

#715 8 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

aint that the truth!
Congo is bolted to the floor. One of those games that I never plan to part with (esp since they are harder and harder to find in good shape).
Congo is worth every bit of a straight up trade for IJ.

You had me up until the last statement. A nice IJ is more of a 6k game, so I think some additional cash would be in order. But then again, IJ is my grail game (and I'm having HEP redo mine...you so you'd have to trade me your car keys if you wanted mine!).

#716 8 years ago

An average Wms IJ just went at TN auction for 4700. Prob plus fees. No congo to compare but I think 1k diff is prob morer then fair.

#717 8 years ago

I'll be joining the club this week, pray the wife doesn't kill me from adding another pin!

Any common failures to look for when I pick it up?

#718 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'll be joining the club this week, pray the wife doesn't kill me from adding another pin!

congrats you will be very happy with your purchase.HIPPO'S

#719 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

nothing major.

Check the gorilla lower pf to make sure it works. Check the vuk weldmelt where the volcanoe shoots the balls up as it can crack which then leads to volcanoe plastic cracking also.

Everything is fixable.

congrats on the pickup.

#720 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Mine's worth 5k with all the stuff I have in it. Once you get a shaker motor in there and a bunch of other goodies (along with great condition), you are talking between 4-5.
You know how I know mine is worth 5k? It's not going anywhere for less than that.

Any details on the shaker motor?

#722 8 years ago

I see the STNG shaker is sold out. Is that the only one compatible?

#723 8 years ago

As far as I know. Can't be sold out for long....I'm sure they'll get them back in. Email Pam and ask her. After all, they sold out for a reason!

#724 8 years ago

you can also try adding a shaker this way as well. I have had no issues with it.

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/adding-in-a-shaker-to-congo

#725 8 years ago

Finally in, looks like I have a lot of cleaning ahead of me...

image.jpgimage.jpg

#726 8 years ago

NICE game! and color cab too! enjoy!

#727 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Finally in, looks like I have a lot of cleaning ahead of me...
image.jpg

Maybe not glass gets dusty quickly depending on the home environment

#728 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Maybe not glass gets dusty quickly depending on the home environment

Ok, got it cleaned up a little.

I ordered the volcano scoop from mantis... Looks like I need a new lower playfield window... Are these plastic? What is recommended?

image.jpgimage.jpg

image_1.jpgimage_1.jpg

image_2.jpgimage_2.jpg

#729 8 years ago

I got mine from bay area amusements. I think they're 80 bucks.

#730 8 years ago

Can the original be flame polished ?

#731 8 years ago

I suppose it could. But you'll be happy when you see a brand new one in there. Might want to consider cleaning or replacing that left ramp too. The plastic above the ramp I had to cut out of a piece of lexan. Couldn't find it anywhere.

#732 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Can the original be flame polished ?

take it out completely and clean it first. You may be surprised with how it cleans up

#733 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

I suppose it could. But you'll be happy when you see a brand new one in there. Might want to consider cleaning or replacing that left ramp too. The plastic above the ramp I had to cut out of a piece of lexan. Couldn't find it anywhere.

Quoted from Whysnow:

take it out completely and clean it first. You may be surprised with how it cleans up

I'll do a full on shop job and replace parts that need it very soon, I'll do the volcano LED mod too... Should I go find cliffys?

Any other mods I should consider?

I'm only about half way reading this entire thread

#734 8 years ago

Stick a shaker motor in there, and when the volcano goes off and the awesomeness of your Congo shoots up 1000%, you can thank me. Cliffys are ALWAYS good...especially in that Mystery hole. Mine was a little chewed up, so I put one in to avoid further damage.

Quoted from Whysnow:

Yeah...you're right. But any kind of foggy shit in a lower playfield goes right up my back. It's unavoidable unfortunately...

#735 8 years ago

I put the Pinball Decals airplane in as well...but I have some serious problems. Beats the hell out of that lame plastic airplane, though.

#736 8 years ago
Quoted from beelzeboob:

Stick a shaker motor in there, and when the volcano goes off and the awesomeness of your Congo shoots up 1000%, you can thank me. Cliffys are ALWAYS good...especially in that Mystery hole. Mine was a little chewed up, so I put one in to avoid further damage.

Yeah...you're right. But any kind of foggy shit in a lower playfield goes right up my back. It's unavoidable unfortunately...

I have a new plastic set in mine that came with the clear ones so I have my old ones that aren't bad if u need

#737 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I'll do a full on shop job and replace parts that need it very soon, I'll do the volcano LED mod too... Should I go find cliffys?
Any other mods I should consider?
I'm only about half way reading this entire thread

Mantis scoop, cliffys, leds, new window, newest rom version, shapeways protection

#738 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

Mantis scoop, cliffys, leds, new window, newest rom version, shapeways protection

Where can I get the newest rom?, what's the latest version?

#739 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

Where can I get the newest rom?, what's the latest version?

ebay

#740 8 years ago

New frame to match the topper!

20150810_165038.jpg20150810_165038.jpg

1 week later
#741 8 years ago

Does anyone know where to purchase replacement or alternate cab decals?

#742 8 years ago

gave the CONGO a work out last night! man i LOVE that Volcano shot soooo satisfying!

#743 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I believe the the last 2 versions of the roms had different bugs

I think the next to last gets a scrambled looking DMD screen only when it shows the top high scores during attract (I think only if you have it set to 4 high scores. not 1, 2, or 3. It's at my friends and he like to set it for 4 extra balls so that one screen looks wonky, but all others are OK. I originally thought it was corrupted memory or ROMs.)

The last ROM had some issue with Map awards VS Mulitball?

I any case I was advised by the person I got mine from to keep the ROM version that had the dmd glitch

#744 8 years ago

I thought the 2.1 was the best one to use ? Ive never had any issues with it ? Theres a 2.0 and 1.1 also but any ive played had the 2.1

#745 8 years ago

I will be shopping mine out soon, anyone have an LED list they used for theirs that they are happy with? Pics of your game lit up?

#746 8 years ago

don't flame polish lower playfield plastic window, buy headlight restorer, use that. won't flame polish.

#747 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

I will be shopping mine out soon, anyone have an LED list they used for theirs that they are happy with? Pics of your game lit up?

I color matched all of my inserts and the lower pf lights. Left all gi incandescent.

#748 8 years ago
Quoted from Chosen_S:

http://www.pinball.center/en/shop/noflix-pinball-leds/placement-specifications/3261/noflix-at-congo

#749 8 years ago
Quoted from bigd1979:

I thought the 2.1 was the best one to use ? Ive never had any issues with it ? Theres a 2.0 and 1.1 also but any ive played had the 2.1

The newest rom does something like give you a map award when it should be a multiball that you earned...something like that

I'll try to remember to dig up the scoop on the roms

#750 8 years ago
Quoted from BobC:

The newest rom does something like give you a map award when it should be a multiball that you earned...something like that
I'll try to remember to dig up the scoop on the roms

Yea id like to know bc it seems perfectly fine to me lol.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 39.00
Cabinet - Other
Arcade Upkeep

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Drums, PA
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Dickinson, TX
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Colorado Springs, CO
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 37.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball

$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade

$ 12.00
Playfield - Decals
Pinball Invasion

$ 31.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts

$ 37.50
$ 89.99
Lighting - Led
Lighted Pinball Mods

Boards
KAHR.US Circuits

$ 109.95
Electronics
PinSound

$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 39.50
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Haus

$ 32.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 2,761 posts in this topic. You are on page 15 of 56.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/congo-club-owners-only/page/15 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.